Starfield DLC spectaculation thread

my guess for the 1st dlc :

Mechs:

the mech on my screen shot looks like a 45 ton shadow cat from the old fasa franchise of mechwarrior

wich is (or was) as well owend by microsoft.

so far i found 2 plantes with mech wreckages and several mech smuggeling goods, 

Photo_2023-09-09-232842-thumbnail.png

Obviously at some point they're going to expand outpost building into space stations. They already have all of the parts they need for it.

Then at the end of the game they very obviously hang a sign that says. "Pay us twenty bucks for the dlc to learn more about the ending."

Actually piloting a mech is probably way too much work for them. It isn't like they're Skyrim horses. You'd expect to be able to walk over just about everything.

Something simple they could add that would help a lot would be deep space landmarks. Poi's away from planets that have old war wreckage and such.

Considering they named the first DLC 'shattered sky' I expect they're going to add on to the space elements of the game. Which is good because that is definitely their strong point when it all works.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:37 PM, Ijakor2 said:

Mechs:

This would make sense, Fallout had Power Armors and there is nothing like this in Starfield yet!

On 9/10/2023 at 4:07 AM, Andarus said:

Outposts DLC with more crap for Outposts

and

Ship-Designer DLC with more Ship-Parts.

Here I estimate the probability also quite high, considering that Fallout 4 had several workshop DLC's

The base game already offers very good possibilities, even if it currently still feels unfinished.

But I think that first bugfixes have priority, the game still crashes quite often, but after that let's see what comes.

Everything else that bethesda misses we then do afterwards, the modding community ?

Can't wait for the Creation Kit hihihi

Edit:

For those who doesn't know, The name of the first DLC is Shattered Space (Story Expansion).

Edited by _Kisara_
Additional Informations
Vor 25 Minuten sagte Nindran:

Ich hoffe, dass Hunde und Tiere trainiert werden. Ich bin traurig, dass die Menschheit ihre vierbeinigen Freunde mitbringen würde, da es kein Herdentier gibt 

Yup - dogs and cats were saved - but 90% of the earth's population was not.

has something of the famous ark of Mr N.

Technologically speaking, mankind has come to a standstill - the little bit of scientific know-how that could be saved was of course thrown into two "galactic" wars.

"Galactic" - two groups fought each other - each controlling just 3 star systems ... 3 out of 400.000.000.000

actually I'd be in favour of a bad ending - the artefact triggers a gamma flash on a nearby giant star ... and the Milky Way is rid of the most incompetent form of intelligence - it has ever produced....

...unfortunately, it won't happen.

?

On 9/10/2023 at 3:24 AM, isee said:

Actually piloting a mech is probably way too much work for them. It isn't like they're Skyrim horses. You'd expect to be able to walk over just about everything.

And stub your toe and do damage to said mech, tripping over a teeny tiny rock or whatever the hell you found, that you can not even see.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:07 PM, Andarus said:

I bet my ass on it that they will release some cheap-ass

Outposts DLC with more crap for Outposts

and

Ship-Designer DLC with more Ship-Parts.

Well the first DLC is already announced (and bought for people who purchased the premium edition) and it' story focused. 

I have to imagine that there will be another outpost-related expansion. Probably also a ship-building expansion with more ship parts. I'm also pulling for a robot DLC (similar to Automaton?), for building/customizing Vasco. And/or a DLC that allows Kaiser as a companion.

The biggest one I'm hoping for, but not really expecting, is a DLC that allows us to grow foodstuffs. The way the game currently works where you literally can grow exotic alien plants on various different worlds, and ranch alien creatures... but you have to buy ingredients for gastronomy? That's really bad game design lol. I'm guessing Bethesda isn't going to do anything to fix this, and we'll be stuck waiting months for the CK to be released for a modder to do something.

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2023 at 5:37 PM, Ijakor2 said:

Mechs:

the mech on my screen shot looks like a 45 ton shadow cat from the old fasa franchise of mechwarrior

wich is (or was) as well owend by microsoft.

so far i found 2 plantes with mech wreckages and several mech smuggeling goods, 

Photo_2023-09-09-232842-thumbnail.png

Also, Trade Authority seems to have been doing regular business in mech components, pretty much throughout the Settled Systems.

There's no real way to tell what it'll be about until we see actual announcements, so here's my shot in the dark.

From the name "Shattered Space" i imagine it has something to do with dimensionality and timespace rupture that ties into the endings and continue the story along with faction expansions. That just feels like the most natural outcome for a DLC with a name like that.

This one's a real stretch but, maybe a vehicle system or atmospheric flight, or both. The probability for this is almost 0 but a man can dream. If not with Shattered Space, then maybe another future DLC. Come one Todd give the people what they want! Give us 16x the content Todd!

For some reason, mechs and aliens are considered prohibit weapons, so i don't think there is going to be anything like this, maybe a boss battle, but i don't expect you can make or pilot a mech, everyone is too good in this game to make something outside the "law".

Planet vehicles, don't think too... Too much trouble to make it work, they made the planet part of the game design to make you lost time walking, they will not break this, if you get a "car" you will cut your play time in half.

I would expect more of the same, a history with more guns, skins, ship parts etc... what you see that is working they invest, Bethesda is not CDPR, they will not recognize the flaws of the game and fix those, they will just make the working parts stronger so you don't pay attention to the not working part, like they do with FO4.

Space station is something i hope for...

On 9/10/2023 at 6:00 AM, BAB PEEG said:

Aliens with THREE DICKS

And alien babes with 3 tits, Total Recall (the proper one) style!

Edited by belegost
1 hour ago, belegost said:

And alien babes with 3 tits, Total Recall (the proper one) style!

Hitchhiker's Guide the the Galaxy - Eccentrica Galumbnits, the Triple Breasted Whore of Eroticon Six.

I have a vague idea in my head for a quest to con a scholar of classical Earth literature. Only for it to turn out that the classics he's really interested in are the H2G2 works, and the mission is to recreate Ms. Galumbits as a hook for the sting.

Needs a few details ironing out yet :) 

Here's one: The Terrormorph King

We know that Terrormorphs are supposed to get more intelligent as they get older. And we've seen them manifest psi powers as well. They can cloak and teleport, and of course there's the pheromonic projection.  Who knows what else they can do?

Now suppose there's a really old Terrormorph out there. One the turned from leech to morph naturally, and dates back to before the fall of Earth. Suppose he's been observing this new thing, this humanity, through the sense of the larval forms, the heatleeches, for a long time now. And now finally, he is ready to decide what to do about them.

I would expect at least one dealing with outpost type stuff, more buildings and automated ammunition builders and such.

Shipbuilding is another one I would expect, more parts and options for ships, maybe even more ships being added.

Edit and of course a survival mode for it, making finding all that food and water actually of some use, rather than just a crappy way to get a bit of hp, or a few very crappy buffs that last for pretty much no time at all.

Edited by Varithina