Sex Mod Framework - Development Discussion

Good luck everyone developing sex mods for this game, you guys deserve better from Bethesda because sex mods are the only reason people will play this game. Just how wickedwhims brought sims 4 back to life. Whatever name this framework gets will also bring back the game. Personally I am done with the game, which is sad because Fallout 4 held me longer than 2 months lol. Same can be said for Skyrim and Oblivion. The wait for the CK wouldn't be an issue if I personally didn't find the vanilla game bland, which is sad because I had high hopes to start making mods for Starfield. I know you guys don't have same pessimistic view I have, which is good if this game gets a redemption ark but I wish fans would apply pressure to Emil and Todd to make better games instead of buying their slop every 5-8 years. If Elder Scrolls 6 was just the landscape and Bethesda told fans to make the story, lore, characters , weapons, magic spells, and npcs  people will still do it for free because they paid full price or even more. No wonder Emil thinks that nobody cares about the story, why make a good story when people will make a better one for free and YOU paid them regardless, not the other way around.

Sorry I had to vent,  I've always seen mods as add-ons to Bethesda games, to spice the game up, not a mandatory requirement  in order to play their games. If that's the case, I fully support paid mods. Because at some point you have to ask yourself are you making a mod for your entertainment or are you doing Bethesda's work for them?

1 hour ago, SleepyNinja said:

Good luck everyone developing sex mods for this game, you guys deserve better from Bethesda because sex mods are the only reason people will play this game. Just how wickedwhims brought sims 4 back to life. Whatever name this framework gets will also bring back the game. Personally I am done with the game, which is sad because Fallout 4 held me longer than 2 months lol. Same can be said for Skyrim and Oblivion. The wait for the CK wouldn't be an issue if I personally didn't find the vanilla game bland, which is sad because I had high hopes to start making mods for Starfield. I know you guys don't have same pessimistic view I have, which is good if this game gets a redemption ark but I wish fans would apply pressure to Emil and Todd to make better games instead of buying their slop every 5-8 years. If Elder Scrolls 6 was just the landscape and Bethesda told fans to make the story, lore, characters , weapons, magic spells, and npcs  people will still do it for free because they paid full price or even more. No wonder Emil thinks that nobody cares about the story, why make a good story when people will make a better one for free and YOU paid them regardless, not the other way around.

Sorry I had to vent,  I've always seen mods as add-ons to Bethesda games, to spice the game up, not a mandatory requirement  in order to play their games. If that's the case, I fully support paid mods. Because at some point you have to ask yourself are you making a mod for your entertainment or are you doing Bethesda's work for them?

Sorry to ask but like yourself I paid a lot of money for this game and i would like to understand where and how this so called Game fell short for you?

6 hours ago, CaptainSmash said:

Sorry to ask but like yourself I paid a lot of money for this game and i would like to understand where and how this so called Game fell short for you?

Any chance we can take the game bashing and/or advocacy  to another thread and leave this one for mod development? Thanks.

Edited by DocClox
4 hours ago, CaptainSmash said:

I was just venting my overall attitude towards Bethesda but for Starfield specifically I wrote a review a couple months back that somewhat goes into detail on how I feel about the game https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198821073391/recommended/1716740?snr=1_5_9__402. I'm not going to say much on this, modders here need to discuses how they're going to bring this game back to life. I'll see you guys in 2 years.  Maybe 4 because of GTA 6 lmao.

5 hours ago, SleepyNinja said:

I was just venting my overall attitude towards Bethesda but for Starfield specifically I wrote a review a couple months back that somewhat goes into detail on how I feel about the game https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198821073391/recommended/1716740?snr=1_5_9__402. I'm not going to say much on this, modders here need to discuses how they're going to bring this game back to life. I'll see you guys in 2 years.  Maybe 4 because of GTA 6 lmao.

So you just wrote you complaints here just for advertaising your review?  

10 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

So you just wrote you complaints here just for advertaising your review?  

No? Guy wanted to know why I didn't like the game, so instead of writing a big ass paragraph in this thread on my thoughts, I remembered I made a review with said thoughts. If I wanted to advertise my yee-yee ass review, I would of done so months ago or in my initial rant. 

Curious if there are still plans for serious development of a framework for this game like Sexlab for Skyrim. I know that Ashal started this thread before the game released and since then a lot of people in the modding community have expressed disinterest in modding the game. I like the game and think it has a lot of modding potential.

39 minutes ago, glock88 said:

Curious if there are still plans for serious development of a framework for this game like Sexlab for Skyrim. I know that Ashal started this thread before the game released and since then a lot of people in the modding community have expressed disinterest in modding the game. I like the game and think it has a lot of modding potential.

I think it'll depend a lot on how things are looking once the creation kit is released. I'm mixed on it right now, to be honest. I still really want to make a framework, but more for the sake of making one rather than the game itself. I for sure don't really want to start anything serious until the creation kit is at least out though.

1 hour ago, Ashal said:

I think it'll depend a lot on how things are looking once the creation kit is released. I'm mixed on it right now, to be honest. I still really want to make a framework, but more for the sake of making one rather than the game itself. I for sure don't really want to start anything serious until the creation kit is at least out though.

A reasonable plan.

But modders claiming to be disinterested in a Bethesda game without one is really no great surprise.

I myself haven't touched the game in almost 2 months.  And I'm much more a sci-fi fan than fantasy.

I suspect once the CK is out, many will return to the game to see what they can do with it, or to see

what new mods they can add to reinterest them.

But even then, with Bethesda updating roughly every six weeks, I suspect it will still be a bit slow before

we see adult mods of any significance, as once again Bethesda repeatedly breaks many mods that depend

on SFSE (I'm looking at you Skyrim 1.5 patch ?), given their planned patch/update schedule (roughly

every 6 weeks or so).

14 hours ago, Trykz said:

A reasonable plan.

But modders claiming to be disinterested in a Bethesda game without one is really no great surprise.

I myself haven't touched the game in almost 2 months.  And I'm much more a sci-fi fan than fantasy.

I suspect once the CK is out, many will return to the game to see what they can do with it, or to see

what new mods they can add to reinterest them.

But even then, with Bethesda updating roughly every six weeks, I suspect it will still be a bit slow before

we see adult mods of any significance, as once again Bethesda repeatedly breaks many mods that depend

on SFSE (I'm looking at you Skyrim 1.5 patch ?), given their planned patch/update schedule (roughly

every 6 weeks or so).

From my point of view there is one new modder comming for every old one that leaves. Looking at the number of mods that have been released on Nexus without having a CK I'm hoping that will be a very busy modding scene for Starfield in the future. We will see.... 

Any word on how tied into Creations (AKA CC) the new Creation Kit will be?

I very much hope our free mods will be supported, although I don't really trust Bethesda. They are downright puritanical at heart.

My same question goes for animation tools. Anything new there? A free Havok compiler would be great.

10 minutes ago, fred200 said:

I very much hope our free mods will be supported, although I don't really trust Bethesda. They are downright puritanical at heart.

My same question goes for animation tools. Anything new there? A free Havok compiler would be great.

Read the last 4 pages of this topic and you will have the answers to your questions.

25 minutes ago, brown66 said:

Read the last 4 pages of this topic and you will have the answers to your questions.

Interesting. I found more information in the first four pages than in the last four.

Opinions were evenly divided - sort of. Havok is still used. Havok is not used. There is a combination of Havok and a new tool. None of our current tools like FNIS will work.

Bottom line: not any new information from Bethesda. A separate Tools topic would be good.

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

You can be sure free mods will be supported; however, Bethesda may break them and their own paid for mods from time to time. If Bethesda stopped free modding it would be the end of Bethesda plain and simple.

15 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

From my point of view there is one new modder comming for every old one that leaves. Looking at the number of mods that have been released on Nexus without having a CK I'm hoping that will be a very busy modding scene for Starfield in the future. We will see.... 

Problem is replacing experienced modders with new modders ?

I don't consider me as an experimented one but after digging a little in the vanilla stuff I've seen a lot of traps, ununderstandable choices, unfinished stuf or clearly bugged ones.

3 hours ago, Strec2 said:

Problem is replacing experienced modders with new modders ?

I don't consider me as an experimented one but after digging a little in the vanilla stuff I've seen a lot of traps, ununderstandable choices, unfinished stuf or clearly bugged ones.

It's never bad to get some fresh blood... And what sense makes an expierienced modder that is not interested in modding?  

17 hours ago, fred200 said:

Interesting. I found more information in the first four pages than in the last four.

Opinions were evenly divided - sort of. Havok is still used. Havok is not used. There is a combination of Havok and a new tool. None of our current tools like FNIS will work.

Bottom line: not any new information from Bethesda. A separate Tools topic would be good.

There is already an animation framework on nexus. (mentioned somewhere on the last 4 pages) Allnarta played around with it a bit but as far as I understood it there are some problems with the skeleton. 

On 12/21/2023 at 1:04 PM, Pfiffy said:

Agreed.

Even without a CK, Starfield's modding scene continues to grow. And that's

what I mean.... more seasoned modders may go, but more likely than not, return

once Starfield's CK is released to see what they can do with it.

I also expect that if the necessary tools to accomplish what they want are not

yet available even after the release of the CK, it will simply be that much longer

before they're drawn back. But many/most will come back.

I haven't picked apart the game's files much at all. Yet. But I intend to. My main

hope is that Expired will look into building a new RaceCompatibility mod for

Starfield so multiple custom races can co-exist in a load order. We'll see.....

If not, I'll likely go with the runtime Leveled List injection method I made for

Fallout 4 using a generic injection script. I'll know better when I finally sit down

to dig through the game's files.

11 hours ago, Trykz said:

Agreed.

Even without a CK, Starfield's modding scene continues to grow. And that's

what I mean.... more seasoned modders may go, but more likely than not, return

once Starfield's CK is released to see what they can do with it.

I also expect that if the necessary tools to accomplish what they want are not

yet available even after the release of the CK, it will simply be that much longer

before they're drawn back. But many/most will come back.

I haven't picked apart the game's files much at all. Yet. But I intend to. My main

hope is that Expired will look into building a new RaceCompatibility mod for

Starfield so multiple custom races can co-exist in a load order. We'll see.....

If not, I'll likely go with the runtime Leveled List injection method I made for

Fallout 4 using a generic injection script. I'll know better when I finally sit down

to dig through the game's files.

We need a mod like Discrete Female Skeleton Skeletal Adjustments for sure. I'll try making a feminine skeleton soon but no idea about separating m/f.

39 minutes ago, RohZima said:

We need a mod like Discrete Female Skeleton Skeletal Adjustments for sure. I'll try making a feminine skeleton soon but no idea about separating m/f.

They are separate out of the box and vanilla female skeleton is already more feminine (narrower shoulders and a very bit different hips).

Wish : I will need for my mods to receive an event on vaginal cumshot indicating the 2 actors :D

I'm also interested in receiving (not on me, in the mod...) the volume produced by any masturbation action but it's less important.

Edited by Strec2
On 12/20/2023 at 9:47 PM, glock88 said:

Honestly, I'll decide whether I'll mod it with three simple conditions:

1 .We have a creation kit.

2. There's a sex mod in development.

3. The game allows me to create the mods that I know how to make: followers.

If I can create followers, and we have a sex framework to make use of them (hehe), then I'm in. If not, then I'm out. 

Unfortunately, I have no time or knowledge to go deeper than this, but followers is a big part of our fun in skyrim, and I hope them play a big role in SF too. 

Vor 1 Stunde sagte roohx:

Ehrlich gesagt, ich werde unter drei einfachen Bedingungen entscheiden, ob ich es modifiziere:

1. Wir haben ein Kreationsset.

2. Es gibt einen Sex-Mod in der Entwicklung.

3. Das Spiel ermöglicht es mir, die Mods zu erstellen, die ich erstellen kann: Follower.

Wenn ich Follower schaffen kann und wir einen Sex-Rahmen haben, um sie zu nutzen (hehe), dann bin ich dabei. Wenn nicht, dann bin ich draußen. 

Leider habe ich weder die Zeit noch das Wissen, näher darauf einzugehen, aber Follower machen einen großen Teil unseres Spaßes in Skyrim aus und ich hoffe, dass sie auch in SF eine große Rolle spielen. 

As a rule, the companions generated from mods are boring "decals" without their own character or backstory... with a few exceptions such as "Recorder" or "Sofia"

In Fallout 4, only "Ivy" - "Darlene" - "Heather Casdin" and "The Kit" (from "The Machine and Her") play in this "league".

I expect at most a "port of "Ivy" to this game in the next few years - the mod author is already working on a "transfer" scenario... i.e. "Ivy" will come from the Fallout universe to that of StarField.

22 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

As a rule, the companions generated from mods are boring "decals" without their own character or backstory... with a few exceptions such as "Recorder" or "Sofia"

In Fallout 4, only "Ivy" - "Darlene" - "Heather Casdin" and "The Kit" (from "The Machine and Her") play in this "league".

I expect at most a "port of "Ivy" to this game in the next few years - the mod author is already working on a "transfer" scenario... i.e. "Ivy" will come from the Fallout universe to that of StarField.

I'll park Starfield until we get Space Ivy :)