IGNORED

Making New Animations

kaorue

Hello all,

I absolutely love this mod. Sexout has most definitely brought the Mojave to life (and for poor little Teletha whenever she decides to go to NCRCF).

While many of the animations are pretty good, I feel that I can make comparable animations (including multiple parties; threesomes, etc.). Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge to get animations to export from 3D Studio Max -- I have 2009 and 2011. Exporting just simple NIF's seemed to be an utter pain when it came to getting collision to work in one of my mods. So, could anyone please point me to a decent tutorial for exporting to KF with NifScript? (Don't worry, I'm using Google too :P)

But onto the nitty-gritty of it: the animations. The following are my thoughts:

• Convert current animations to work between different body types so each aligns properly
  • Animations involving statics - tables, desks, against the wall, etc.
  • Faction-specific animations: Powder Gangers using dynamite to insert, Legion tying someone to a table
  • Multiple-person animations: 3P, 4P, 5P, and 6P, you know the ones I mean ;)
  • Possibly adding new keyframes to current animations to give them some variety. During missionary, the bottom's legs part a bit or one straightens out; during doggy style, the top leans back and the bottom leans down; even head movement can add to the act.
  • More animations geared toward rape: arms being held down above the rapee's head, for instance.

Please let me know what you think,

Kaorue

Hello all' date='

I absolutely love this mod. Sexout has most definitely brought the Mojave to life (and for poor little Teletha whenever she decides to go to NCRCF).

While many of the animations are pretty good, I feel that I can make comparable animations (including multiple parties; threesomes, etc.). Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge to get animations to export from 3D Studio Max -- I have 2009 and 2011. Exporting just simple NIF's seemed to be an utter pain when it came to getting collision to work in one of my mods. So, could anyone please point me to a decent tutorial for exporting to KF with NifScript? (Don't worry, I'm using Google too :P)

But onto the nitty-gritty of it: the animations. The following are my thoughts:[list'][*]Convert current animations to work between different body types so each aligns properly

[*]Animations involving statics - tables, desks, against the wall, etc.

[*]Faction-specific animations: Powder Gangers using dynamite to insert, Legion tying someone to a table

[*]Multiple-person animations: 3P, 4P, 5P, and 6P, you know the ones I mean ;)

[*]Possibly adding new keyframes to current animations to give them some variety. During missionary, the bottom's legs part a bit or one straightens out; during doggy style, the top leans back and the bottom leans down; even head movement can add to the act.

[*]More animations geared toward rape: arms being held down above the rapee's head, for instance.

Please let me know what you think,

Kaorue

I think you should download the datapack in teh SexoutNG thread and get started, that's what I think. :)

There are instructions in the plugins zip on how to create an ESP for them to test that they work in game, but if you're not familiar with using the geck, you can just send the KFs.

The only ones you need to worry about are in the SexoutNG folder (or individual creature folders) in the zip. The others can be changed, but new ones can't be added.

:D

Well, the problem is that I don't know how to export the animations (where they work). NifScripts sadly doesn't have very good documentation when it comes to anything that isn't Blender -- I hate Blender.

I've used the GECK (and TESCS) for scripting and making mods that weren't terribly complex though, so that part of it shouldn't be difficult at all.

Thank you, it will give me some place to start.

Well' date=' the problem is that I don't know how to export the animations (where they work). NifScripts sadly doesn't have very good documentation when it comes to anything that isn't Blender -- I hate Blender.

I've used the GECK (and TESCS) for scripting and making mods that weren't terribly complex though, so that part of it shouldn't be difficult at all.

Thank you, it will give me some place to start.

[/quote']

In blender when you export to nif, there should be an 'export animation only' option that creates a .kf.

This thread has a great tutorial in the first post you can download, with examples and a PDF inside.

Make sure when you're setting it up, you need not just start and end, but startloop and endloop as well.

Those should be the only four things in the text list thing, and they should be in the order start, startloop, endloop, end.

There are additional steps that need done in nifskope that are explained in the PDF.

If I worked on converting the animations for different body types' date=' what body types should I make them for? If you'd want such work to be done, that is.

[/quote']

The animations are dependent on a skeleton, not a body type; any bodytype will work as long as the mesh has been painted to use the skeleton.

Most of us use "bouncing natural breasts" skeletons, which add bones for the breasts so they can animate, but none of the existing animations use those bones. I've asked if people think they should -- doing so will make that skeleton a requirement for Sexout, but it's already required for one of the most popular plugins anyway.

Oh, by body type, I meant size. While they all use the same skeleton, the scale can be different even before a player uses a command. Like the Shoujo races -- though there (and I can't believe I'm saying this on a sex animation thread :P) are probably ethical and moral issues about that.

Oh' date=' by body type, I meant size. While they all use the same skeleton, the scale can be different even before a player uses a command. Like the Shoujo races -- though there (and I can't believe I'm saying this on a sex animation thread :P) are probably ethical and moral issues about that.

[/quote']

Size shouldn't matter either, the skeleton is automatically scaled to the body size AFAIK. Are you seeing something else? None of those body replacers have their own skeleton that I'm aware of.

To be a little more clear, I think all the bodies use the same skeleton; either the built in one, or whichever one you have installed as the player. The .kf files are just instructions on how to move and rotate the bones. They will work fine with any skeleton, as long as the bones have the same names.

Perhaps I'm thinking more of alignment and not of the animations itself. So like, if you use Shoujo (ethical, moral, blahbedi blah blah blah), while the animations work perfectly well, where the hands should be gripping the ass, they instead grip air even though the animations are perfectly lined up.

I don't know, I may just be blowing hot air here. hehe

Also, if that's barking up the wrong tree, I'll shut up about that right quick.

Perhaps I'm thinking more of alignment and not of the animations itself. So like' date=' if you use Shoujo (ethical, moral, blahbedi blah blah blah), while the animations work perfectly well, where the hands should be gripping the ass, they instead grip air even though the animations are perfectly lined up.

I don't know, I may just be blowing hot air here. hehe

[/quote']

Alignment between actors is controlled through the sexout script, not the anim files.

There are global overrides present so that players can adjust them from the defaults if their bodies or the npc bodies sizes are grossly different than default.

Adjusting that automatically isn't an easy task, and including special KFs for midgets or whatever isn't going to get us anywhere -- I can't use them without first checking if you have a midget body, and I can't do *that* unless I make myself dependent on the midget mod.

I say just work with normal sized bodies and leave the rest alone. Players can make the adjustments through the (hidden now, but will be exposed later) offset knobs.

Okay' date=' cool :)

I'll work on some new animations then...starting with threesomes.

[/quote']

Right on. There are two half-assed ones in the anims pack that I "made" by just copying existing KFs that were kind of close; 5101 and 5102. You'll find 5101a.kf, 5101b.kf, and f5101c.kf in that zip. Same for 5102.

Feel free to hack the hell out of them if you want, they were just examples to prove that I could actually do this 3some thing that I was promising. :D

hehe' date=' I think I'll start with a double-penetration if that's possible.

[/quote']

Should be. I looked at a few of the cowgirl ones as a starting point, + reusing one of the male doggy style anims, and it was fairly close. Biggest 'deal' was leg clipping; obviously none of the legs are in the right positions to accommodate 3 people without just running right through each other.

Whatever you do, we'll all appreciate it a great deal. :D

Yeah, making animations from scratch would be easier than trying to align three animations that don't really go together. I'll work on a few versions of double-penetration. I think four versions of each position (cowgirl and reverse cowgirl): normal slow, guys taking their time; faster, guys still doing all the action; rape, fast and guy behind holds the rapee's arms out; and woman in control, medium speed (it's an awkward position, afterall ;)).

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Blender/Creating_a_Character_Animation - great tutorial for animations and in Part 5 it explains how to fix "falling through the floor" issue and set offsets. (quite common issue)

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/215695-how-to-embed-facial-expression-in-custom-animations-in-fallout-3/ - how to link sound, facial morphs (animations) or other effects (Hit, Blend etc) to your .kf

In order to loop, the animation has to have text keys "Startloop" and "Endloop" set. You can do it in Blender (Text Editor - Load "TX:Anim", or create one yourself if you making animation from scratch), or you can do it in Nifscope:

Block Details->NiTextKeyExtraData.

Num Text Keys - number of keys, just add +1 and right click on Text Keys->Arrays->Update to create a new Text Key

Also, game is able to loop a maximum of 255 frames (~10 seconds), so if you are creating a long and complex animation, be sure that looping part (Endloop-Startloop) isnt longer than 255 frames

If you have any trouble or questions - feel free to ask, I'm sure Donkey, John or myself will be glad to help you.

Also' date=' game is able to loop a maximum of 255 frames (~10 seconds), so if you are creating a long and complex animation, be sure that looping part (Endloop-Startloop) isnt longer than 255 frames

[/quote']

You can set the playback rate lower than 1 to get it to run slower (longer) I'm pretty sure; works fine for playing them faster anyway.

Key in the controller is called 'frequency'. 1 = normal (30fps), 2 = double (60fps), so I'd assume that 0.5 = half (15fps) which would give you a 17s window.

Made another male masturbation animation, this time sitting one, a bit more complex and with sound. Was linking face animation to it when I found out that toggling tfc actually disables face morphs. And that made me a really sad panda :( Limitations everywhere.

Anyway, feel free to use it anywhere you want or use as a base for any other animation (blender file attached).

i guess creating new animations was a bit too hard.. Anyway if no one is releasing new once i will duck into newer once..

It will take till Januari till skyrim has tool set so i still have some time left..

one tip though. if you never did 2 npc don't begin with 3. Start small first and then try a more difficult one animation pose.

I just realized that OBJ can contain animations. I may take a swing at importing the skeletons and models into blender, exporting to OBJ, then making the animations in Poser and then exporting to OBJ when done to import into blender and then export to NIF/KF (since there is no NIF/KF export in Poser).

I really hate working in Blender, and paid a lot of money for 3 different versions of Poser now.. ;)

Yeah' date=' I hate Blender as well xD After you worked in Poser, Blender looks like a buggy Flash 6 or 7 xD The macromedia one xD

[/quote']

I wonder if Milkshape can use the python nif plugins reasonably easily. It does have a python based plugin system. I might take a look at that this week. Milkshape is kind of amaturish as well, but the interface is at least 'normal'.

It's the blender interface that makes me so itchy, mainly. The poser and MAX interfaces are so much nicer to use, which is why everyone (except blender, hah!) copied them.