What Keeps Skyrim from being a GREAT Game

The Sense Of Any Accomlishment .. You Run Around Skyrim Slaying Dragons And Dragon

Priests Learning Words Of Power ' date=' Stopping Wars Or Killing Legioners Or Stormcloaks

Removing Vermin For Jarls And Citizens Of Skyrim And Removing A The Eye Of Magnus

From Tyrants And Yet After Doing All That Theres No Feeling Of Any Accomplishment .

At Least In Oblivion For Defeating Mehrunes Dagon You Recieved A Nice Set Of Armor ..

[/quote']

This.

I've played my 3rd or 4th character to ~35-40...

But I don't see me picking them up again, it's just the same visit-place-kill-entity stuff over and over.

This is why I still prefer Morrowind, storywise.

Other Thing about Morrowind there was NOT a HELL of a LOT of BUGS in it to!!!!!

Playing a Vampire in Morrowind you had a Lot of Quests to do, But in Skyrim Will your just a Vampire.

In Bloodmoon as a Werewolf you had a hole Quest line to do, But in Skyrim you just get 2 or 3 quests to do then your just other Werewolf!

Other Thing about Morrowind there was NOT a HELL of a LOT of BUGS in it to!!!!!

Playing a Vampire in Morrowind you had a Lot of Quests to do, But in Skyrim Will your just a Vampire.

In Bloodmoon as a Werewolf you had a hole Quest line to do, But in Skyrim you just get 2 or 3 quests to do then your just other Werewolf!

Morrowind had a TON of bugs/glitches and a skill/stat system that let you reach godhood very quickly and easily.

Once you joined a vampire clan there were like 2 quests to do, then you had to see about getting cured so you could play the game again.

Bloodmoon had a heap of werewolf quests because that was an entire, retail expansion pack focused on that.

It's got to be said that quite a number of console gamers seem to have low standards. I was talking to some PS3 gamers who were raving about Skyrim before Christmas (though what they thought of the price slash I don't know as it hadn't happened at that point).

I asked if they were not getting crashes due to lack of memory? "Oh yeah' date=' but you have to expect that with a PC port" they said.

I pointed out that it was actually written for consoles and ported to PC. They were surprised but most still didn't seem to think the constant crashes a big problem.

Go figure.

[/quote']

I think you got trolled

I think that many of the problems that seem to fuck up Skyrim will turn out to be due to one of the things that will genuinely make it a great game in the end once the bugs are sorted.

If the hype is anywhere near accurate, this game has one of the most advanced AI systems going. Radiant Questing will tailor your personal game in unique ways so your experience is nothing like that of someone else (beyond the mediocre drivel of the main quest) and every time you play with a different style of character you get a whole new game - not just a new approach to the same problem. And that's before modders get to grips with the potential.

True, the current AI has the brain of a 12 year old under-achiever, and quests seem either dumb-down console level linear, or hopelessly broken by players acting on their initiative, but that should change rapidly as modders and devs work out the wrinkles.

Think of the released game as one massive beta test exercise.

Pity they didn't make the plots and characters as engaging as vanilla FO3, but they have caught some of the atmosphere.

Grognak lives! (in Markarth).

What stops it from being a great game is the unusable menu system and the same blandess that infected Oblivion.

Also the lack of anything approaching a compelling plot.

"Hey wrongfully accused condemned prisoner, wanna go save the world that just threw you away?"

Haven't completed it, haven't played since release week. Just waiting on the CK so I can start porting the debauchery engine over. ;)

I love Skyrim, just about as much as I loved Oblivion. Especially since I prefer fantasy games, swords, sorcery, monsters and such over guns and explosions. Skyrim has a great environment, only things in my opinion that keeps it from being the best it could be are lack of the CK still, and no really good interaction with its great environments, it really dosnt take advantage of well...anything, as far as interaction is, it is still run of the mill and boring, it could do so much more than it is. I can't wait till the CK is here and mods change that and if the DLC will add to interaction.

I'm the one that started this and after playing Skyrim for over 220 Hours can say i Love this Game BUT "What Keeps Skyrim from being a GREAT Game" IS ALL THE DAME BUGS!!! Maybe the 1.4 Patch will Fix it! Next Week Maybe!!!!

What bugs do you get? I have a heap of mods installed and the only bugs I get that I can think of are the occasional floating weapon or flying Mammoth.

I've tried to replay Skyrim recently and I think my first analysis was correct. It's a great game as long as you have the world before you to explore and find. As long as you've seen most of the world though, it takes such a dive because... well, it doesn't feel like there's a reason anymore. You can't interact with the world in meaningful ways, the world never "bites back". Aside from the exploration, most everything is on rails. Sure I can make a mage this time around instead of a thief, but who really cares? Everyone can still do everything as far as content goes, you can murder your way through the Thieves Guild as a clumsy ox and noone gives a shit.

It's in my opinion a much better game than Oblivion because most things are improved (world design in particular is head and shoulders above Oblivion) but it still suffers from the same problems.

Shantotto got it right! I'm the Boss of the Thieves Guild Sooo! I'm the Boss of the Companions and a Werewolf Do NPCs say Look it's The Master of The Companions NO. Soooo! I'm the Arch-Mage and do NPCs say Hi Arch-Mage Hell NO. Soooo! I'm The Dragonborn..Been to Sovngarde Killed Alduin and came back to Skyrim and SAVED the World then i go to a Town and NOBODY Gives a DAME! Ho and Did Civil War: Imperial side. Soooo! Did: Destroy The Dark Brotherhood..I HATE the Dark Brotherhood and after that NPCs...Like NOBODY Gives a DAME!

BUT I STILL LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!

On a side note, I honestly think the devs are always pushed for time on huge games like this and that they had to make cuts in the end. But they made strategic cuts by leaving open ended stuff like lumber mills, wind mills and such sitting around for modders to wreak havoc upon. There will likely be expansions that make up for the "blandness" of the core game.

Spoilers...

Personally I haven't really noticed any blandness in particular. Reading the entirety of Cicero's journals made me realize just how fucking bad ass he is as a person. My loyalties made a sudden shift that I really felt (especially since Astrid is so F-ing hot).

Excuse the pun. :dodgy: