Call of the Wild - Primal Magic

Azurefrost

Hi all,

was looking through my mod sites for skyrim this evening and came across this mod,Wrath of Nature - The Path of the Druid

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31485/?

thought i would post it to see if there is anything that could help with Call of the wild :), as much as this other mod looks quite cool, the (WIP) call of the wild mod looks so much better but thought there could be things that you are working on that have been made in this mod all ready and would make it a little easier for you to implament them into your mod :)

hope this helps if not, no problem i was just thinking thats all :)

An interesting find. I'll definitely be giving this one a spin soon. Transforming into animals and other creatures was already an integral part of Call of the Wild, but I'm curious to see how this particular mod handles it. Thanks for the heads up!

What about Troll followers as another form of "tank"? Or maybe the ability to turn into a fox or a bird to spy on a location and plan out an attack?

I'm going to assume that the troll follower isn't going to be summoned, but rather tamed or something similar. Not really sure where we stand on being able to tame animals. It fits within the mod's theme, but it'll overlap with other mods such as Tame the Beasts of Skyrim.

I can almost guarantee though that CotW will allow you to have animal/creature followers (or summons). They'll each fill a specific role such as the one you mentioned as well.

Hi all,

was looking through my mod sites for skyrim this evening and came across this mod,Wrath of Nature - The Path of the Druid

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31485/?

thought i would post it to see if there is anything that could help with Call of the wild :), as much as this other mod looks quite cool, the (WIP) call of the wild mod looks so much better but thought there could be things that you are working on that have been made in this mod all ready and would make it a little easier for you to implament them into your mod :)

hope this helps if not, no problem i was just thinking thats all :)

An interesting find. I'll definitely be giving this one a spin soon. Transforming into animals and other creatures was already an integral part of Call of the Wild, but I'm curious to see how this particular mod handles it. Thanks for the heads up!

no worries, been keep an eye on this mod for a while now, and anything that i see that may be handy for you i will alway post for you to have a look at to see if theres anything that could be of help to save you time on CotW :)

While checking out the mod a thought popped in my head. How about the ability to summon sprigans? They are nature spirits and tie in closely with Druid lore.

Summoning creatures such as spriggans and wolves is definitely something that you'll see in CotW. Right now, we have so many spells we want to see that we have to sort them out. Likely, the conjuration spells will be last since they're going to be pretty straight forward. I think the biggest issue we're trying very hard to avoid is making the new spells copy-paste versions of vanilla destruction spells with added flashy effects. We want them to have a functional use since you won't be able to cast them continuously with the new magic resource system CotW introduces.

Sounds pretty cool.  I've only tried a few mods with altered spells and none really felt unique.  This is quite a different aspect of using spells, so it should be very interesting.  I'm psyched to see what you guys come up with.

Right now, the team of this mod is desperately understaffed. Frost just recently had to jump ship due to real life issues, so now there is a grand total of two people who have experience with modding. We are trying to come up with a new game plan now, but don't expect anything playable for quite a long time.

I've been meaning to bring an update to the state of the mod, but I've been pretty busy as of lately.

But yeah, Frost has been struggling with some RL matters now for a while and is no longer able to contribute to the mod's development until he gets it all sorted out. That put us at a crossroads because he was the one working on the UI and framework of CotW. Without having anyone to work on those two areas, the whole mod can only get so far. Right now it's only Phoenix and I, plus another person who is doing the quest writing.

As you all know, Frostbrand was also the director of the entire project, so this was a critical loss. Right now, all development progress on Call of the Wild has come to a grinding halt until we can figure what is going to happen next. Hate to bring such bad news but that's the way things are currently.

I've been meaning to bring an update to the state of the mod, but I've been pretty busy as of lately.

But yeah, Frost has been struggling with some RL matters now for a while and is no longer able to contribute to the mod's development until he gets it all sorted out. That put us at a crossroads because he was the one working on the UI and framework of CotW. Without having anyone to work on those two areas, the whole mod can only get so far. Right now it's only Phoenix and I, plus another person who is doing the quest writing.

As you all know, Frostbrand was also the director of the entire project, so this was a critical loss. Right now, all development progress on Call of the Wild has come to a grinding halt until we can figure what is going to happen next. Hate to bring such bad news but that's the way things are currently.

Just a thought, but have u thought about drafting someone in to take frost's place till he can get his RL problem undercontrol?

im sure frost wouldnt mind and im sure he has something of a plan that the new member/s can work to so that u all can carry on with this fantastic mod :) i would offer to help but i am no modder, i have ideas for mods and ideas for storys to make into mods but wouldnt have a clue how to make them into a mod its self lol, but im sure theres someone on here that is exp enough and willing to help if u ask :)

then all u would need to do is find out what frost was working on and get them to continue were he left off till he can get back :)

You had mentioned in a recent post that the PC may have to take a vow to never wear clothes again, so will there be a mechanic that will be able to differentiate between the PC purposefully putting on clothing and the PC getting defeated and equipped with various items, if mods which do that are enabled as well as Primal Magic?

Just a thought, but have u thought about drafting someone in to take frost's place till he can get his RL problem undercontrol?

im sure frost wouldnt mind and im sure he has something of a plan that the new member/s can work to so that u all can carry on with this fantastic mod :) i would offer to help but i am no modder, i have ideas for mods and ideas for storys to make into mods but wouldnt have a clue how to make them into a mod its self lol, but im sure theres someone on here that is exp enough and willing to help if u ask :)

then all u would need to do is find out what frost was working on and get them to continue were he left off till he can get back :)

I've also updated our development blog with a few more details regarding this. Frostbrand's role was getting the UI up and running. The problem is that he left so unexpectedly that he didn't have a chance pass on what he had been working on. Right now we have to start from scratch. I can't really say what exactly caused him to take off on such short notice, but I will say that he no longer has physical access his computer where he kept all his work in. We still plan on continuing with Call of the Wild's development, that much is without a doubt.

You had mentioned in a recent post that the PC may have to take a vow to never wear clothes again, so will there be a mechanic that will be able to differentiate between the PC purposefully putting on clothing and the PC getting defeated and equipped with various items, if mods which do that are enabled as well as Primal Magic?

No, putting clothes on for any reason will penalize you once you have taken that vow. There will be certain items that won't trigger the penalties however. For example, most items Devious Devices adds (i.e. cuffs, collars, belts, blindfold, gag, etc) will not carry a penalty since they are not technically considered clothing for the most part. The point of the CotW was to introduce a new strategic resource, if you will. At times, there would be situations where using primal magic might be either impossible or difficult. Like using Frostfall in conjunction with CotW, for example. Venturing into colder regions will force you to wear winter clothing in order to survive at the cost of suffering penalties to your magical capabilities. You could risk the freezing cold to use your primal magic, but the choice would ultimately be yours if you think it would be worth freezing to death. :P

-snip-

Like using Frostfall in conjunction with CotW, for example. Venturing into colder regions will force you to wear winter clothing in order to survive at the cost of suffering penalties to your magical capabilities. You could risk the freezing cold to use your primal magic, but the choice would ultimately be yours if you think it would be worth freezing to death. :P

I'm thinking using ferocity animal transformations will help you to deal with the cold weather. What do you guys think though?

I've also updated our development blog with a few more details regarding this. Frostbrand's role was getting the UI up and running. The problem is that he left so unexpectedly that he didn't have a chance pass on what he had been working on. Right now we have to start from scratch. I can't really say what exactly caused him to take off on such short notice, but I will say that he no longer has physical access his computer where he kept all his work in. We still plan on continuing with Call of the Wild's development, that much is without a doubt.

No, putting clothes on for any reason will penalize you once you have taken that vow. There will be certain items that won't trigger the penalties however. For example, most items Devious Devices adds (i.e. cuffs, collars, belts, blindfold, gag, etc) will not carry a penalty since they are not technically considered clothing for the most part. The point of the CotW was to introduce a new strategic resource, if you will. At times, there would be situations where using primal magic might be either impossible or difficult. Like using Frostfall in conjunction with CotW, for example. Venturing into colder regions will force you to wear winter clothing in order to survive at the cost of suffering penalties to your magical capabilities. You could risk the freezing cold to use your primal magic, but the choice would ultimately be yours if you think it would be worth freezing to death. :P

Thought just just jumped into my head, 

regarding the VOW and frostfall,

why not have a set of jewllery like you are working on at the moment, that is made with dragons blood (or something to that affect) witch radiates heat while worn by someone who has taken the VOW, but make it that u have to get the items for the jewellery to be made for u, I.e quest given to you from your clan leader were u have to go kill a certain dragon and gather the blood or what ever and then have the normal jewellery crafted, at this point take them back to ur clan leader for him/her to add the blood to the jewellery and enchant it to give the heat? i would also suggest that it only radiates heat for so long and after a while you will have to either recharge it at a campfire like in frostfall, or hunt another dragon so you can gather more blood to recharge that way? 

Thought just just jumped into my head, 

regarding the VOW and frostfall,

why not have a set of jewllery like you are working on at the moment, that is made with dragons blood (or something to that affect) witch radiates heat while worn by someone who has taken the VOW, but make it that u have to get the items for the jewellery to be made for u, I.e quest given to you from your clan leader were u have to go kill a certain dragon and gather the blood or what ever and then have the normal jewellery crafted, at this point take them back to ur clan leader for him/her to add the blood to the jewellery and enchant it to give the heat? i would also suggest that it only radiates heat for so long and after a while you will have to either recharge it at a campfire like in frostfall, or hunt another dragon so you can gather more blood to recharge that way?

I can almost guarantee something like this will appear, but we're also trying to make the new spells/abilities as functional as we can. There will certainly be Frostfall support since it is such a popular mod, but we want the integration to be as seamless as possible.

Archived