32 minutes ago, BeefyJackal said:

I'm having an issue where Acheron Extension Library requires a different version of Acheron than this. So now I need to have Acheron.esl, Acheron.esp both in my load order for PD and the Extension Library to not show an error. I also have 2 Acherons in my MCM menu, both are identical. What should I do?

This mod requires Acheron.esl and Extension Library require Acheron.esp.

I've noticed that Acheron has updated recently to 1.3.1, changing from an ESL to ESM to prep for a VR release [source]. I think if you stick with Acheron version 1.2.1 available here and with version  1.1 of the Extension Library (not the current version 1.1.1), you'll be fine for now. 

42 minutes ago, MysticDaedra said:

Newest version of PD still seems to expect Acheron.esl, despite Acheron 1.3.1 using a .esm now.

I don't know if mis-uploaded something but xEdit reports the esm as the dependency. Can you double check you've removed the older version?

Spoiler

image.png.f59f57bea3ca51b35ea608afe9882ace.png

Edited by ponzipyramid
5 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

I don't know if mis-uploaded something but xEdit reports the esm as the dependency. Can you double check you've removed the older version?

Hide contents

image.png.f59f57bea3ca51b35ea608afe9882ace.png

Yes, I had used the "replace" function in MO2. Odd. Regardless, I ended up downgrading because I hadn't read the note about starting a new game with the new version of Acheron.

ADDED: new device categories for vaginal plugs, collars, and miscellaneous
CHANGED: delay for soft DD registration

nice, thank you especially for those
I assume the delay was releated to the crash with having more then x amount of devices in the list? It manages now 86 entries before it crashes on my setup, up from 46. Thats enough for some variety for me personally.

2 hours ago, Deoxyribonucleic_acid said:

nice, thank you especially for those
I assume the delay was releated to the crash with having more then x amount of devices in the list? It manages now 86 entries before it crashes on my setup, up from 46. Thats enough for some variety for me personally.

If it's still intermittently crashing I might make registration a manual button in the MCM. Theoretically, you should be able to get 128 items in each category but the VM (especially on load) is unstable.

On 8/29/2023 at 2:55 AM, ponzipyramid said:

If it's still intermittently crashing I might make registration a manual button in the MCM. Theoretically, you should be able to get 128 items in each category but the VM (especially on load) is unstable.

Yeah its still the same behavior, crashing on load in the same manner, works with 86 entries and crashes on the 87th entry with my setup. My setup is probably pretty heavy a button in the mcm sounds like a good way to take away load on a critical point like on loading a game.

Hey there, love the mod!  I've tried a few defeat mods and most of them can be janky or slow, but this one is fast and seems to be stable.  Thank you for making it!

Question about followers though.  In the screenshots on the mod page, it sure looks like there are sex scenes involving your followers, but when I was testing it they never seemed to interact with her at all.  Is there something I need to enable here or in Sexlab to get them to use my follower as well?

EDIT: This was because all of the 2P, 3P, 4P and 5P settings were at 100.  It looks like when I lowered those and added more attackers, my follower also got used.

Edited by setokiaba
v0.3.0 adds Devious Devices Equip integration and enemy reactivity to prior defeats. There's more dialogue variation and awareness of previous defeats at their hands. There's still plenty more to be added including thaneship and faction-specific dialogue. If there's something you want enemies to be aware of, comment below.

I've also introduced a new quick defeat system that can skip certain phases of defeat (robbery and the event loop) when you're defeated by the same group of enemies in quick succession. This is primarily intended to prevent infinite defeat loops and reduce the frustration of failing to escape during releases like Devious Devices. Quick defeat will by default trigger remote release outcomes like SS++, Kidnapped by Rieklings, etc. both to prevent additional defeats from triggering and to add higher stakes to losing multiple times.

I'll probably make a public release for the current simple events add on and then release execution on my Patreon in EA. But after that I'm going to take a small break to work on some other projects including Devious Followers Framework and Slaves of Tamriel.

And after that will likely be some robbery improvements, specifically adapting the vendor selling system from Battlefuck. That will enables enemies to gradually sell and consume the items they steal from you. Vendors from the Hold you're defeated in can start selling your items. This adds some time pressure to getting revenge since you may need to spend many septims to get your items back from shopkeeps. Should hopefully work well with Hexbolt's Sexual Persuasion wherein you can trade sexual favors for discounts.
Edited by ponzipyramid
3 hours ago, ArgyleSmith said:

Updated to the new version of Practical Defeat. Now getting "Missing Masters" message. Missing: Acheron.esm. "Acheron.esl" shows as an active plugin.

Thats because you didnt update your archeron, which is now a esm not a esl

After updating to 0.3.0 on an existing save, caught a PD error in my logs ?

Spoiler

[09/07/2023 - 03:16:26AM] Error: Cannot access an element of a None array
stack:
    [PD_Config (3B05BA40)].pd_config.MakeEventWeightSliders() - "PD_Config.psc" Line 253
    [PD_Config (3B05BA40)].pd_config.OnPageReset() - "PD_Config.psc" Line 163
    [PD_Config (3B05BA40)].pd_config.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 865
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1D000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 148

<repeats 4-5 times>

2 hours ago, krzp said:

After updating to 0.3.0 on an existing save, caught a PD error in my logs ?

Hide contents

[09/07/2023 - 03:16:26AM] Error: Cannot access an element of a None array
stack:
    [PD_Config (3B05BA40)].pd_config.MakeEventWeightSliders() - "PD_Config.psc" Line 253
    [PD_Config (3B05BA40)].pd_config.OnPageReset() - "PD_Config.psc" Line 163
    [PD_Config (3B05BA40)].pd_config.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 865
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1D000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 148

<repeats 4-5 times>

Does this patch work?

Practical Defeat v0.3.0 MCM Patch.7z

Also, if you're considering updating the voicepack, I'd hold off for a bit since I'm likely going to continue tweaking, removing, and adding lines for a bit.

Edited by ponzipyramid
1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

Does this patch work?

That seemed to fix it, my logs send you their sincerest regards! ?

While I was searching for everything PD_, also noticed a couple of warnings about missing properties errors during the initialization stage - but I usually don't pay much attention to those, as I seem to get like 100+ of those on a regular basis ?

Spoiler

[09/07/2023 - 09:13:58PM] Warning: Property EventTemplate on script PD_EventReleaseRegular attached to PD_ReleaseQuest (3B02E11E) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[09/07/2023 - 09:13:58PM] Warning: Property EventTemplate on script PD_EventReleaseRegular attached to PD_ReleaseQuest (3B02E11E) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[09/07/2023 - 09:13:59PM] Warning: Property PR on script QF__0B089377 attached to PD_RescueQuest (3B089377) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[09/07/2023 - 09:14:05PM] Warning: Property VictimsHandled on script PD_DoNothing attached to alias PlayerAlias on quest PD_Main (3B005901) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[09/07/2023 - 09:14:05PM] Warning: Property PR on script QF__0B089377 attached to PD_RescueQuest (3B089377) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[09/07/2023 - 09:14:05PM] Warning: Property EventTemplate on script PD_EventReleaseRegular attached to PD_ReleaseQuest (3B02E11E) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

Also, if you're considering updating the voicepack, I'd hold off for a bit since I'm likely going to continue tweaking, removing, and adding lines for a bit.

If you could ping me when you change something major, I can specifically update it after that ?

I saw the new dialogues in the change log, so I was planning on looking at it - but I can do it a little later, no problem.

Edited by krzp
9 hours ago, iSc00t said:

Just want to say this is the best defeat mod that has ever been; it’s simple and just works. Just want to send my love and support for this mod!

Can you do a quick comparison on your opinion of Sexlab Defeat vs Practical Defeat? I have SL Defeat and its been fine but just wanted to know others opinions on this mod.. It looks pretty good but I'm cleaning out my mods in MO2 for a fresh adventure with more mods. Also, does it work or somewhat work fine with creatures ?

Huh... apparently missed that the first time. hello, just quickly wanted to ask what performance decrease is expected on 1.5.97 because I've been running this mod for a while now as it seems way safer and more reliable than the alternatives, however what's odd is I've never noticed any performance issues nor any papyrus functions causing problems (I'm assuming they would show up in a normal log at least but papyrus logs aren't exactly something I'm competent with so I could well be wrong).

running a average size modlist 800+ with minimal script delay 70 - 100 at its worst. I don't however use any addons and instead am setting the rescue chance to 100 just for personal preference. could this by why im experiencing no performance impacts or is the impact simply just too small to notice?

12 hours ago, xMrZwiggyx said:

Can you do a quick comparison on your opinion of Sexlab Defeat vs Practical Defeat? I have SL Defeat and its been fine but just wanted to know others opinions on this mod.. It looks pretty good but I'm cleaning out my mods in MO2 for a fresh adventure with more mods. Also, does it work or somewhat work fine with creatures ?

Creature defeat is planned but not part of the mod at present.

8 hours ago, Rosvinar said:

Huh... apparently missed that the first time. hello, just quickly wanted to ask what performance decrease is expected on 1.5.97 because I've been running this mod for a while now as it seems way safer and more reliable than the alternatives, however what's odd is I've never noticed any performance issues nor any papyrus functions causing problems (I'm assuming they would show up in a normal log at least but papyrus logs aren't exactly something I'm competent with so I could well be wrong).

running a average size modlist 800+ with minimal script delay 70 - 100 at its worst. I don't however use any addons and instead am setting the rescue chance to 100 just for personal preference. could this by why im experiencing no performance impacts or is the impact simply just too small to notice?

That note is mostly there for posterity. Certain PapyrusUtil functions are missing from the 1.5.97 release (since the team doesn't backport new functions). I reimplemented these functions in Papyrus and the mod will switch over based on your game version so you shouldn't see any errors. While I did optimize my implementation, it's naturally slower than the C++ equivalent. But if you don't notice any slowness, I guess they're good enough :).

Edited by ponzipyramid