(BETA) Practical Defeat

View File

A comprehensive, modular, and extensible human enemy-player defeat system for Acheron. Features include:

• Parametrized robbery by item type, value, and chance
  • Varied defeat events and release outcomes including Simple Slavery, Devious Devices, Follower Slavery Mod, etc.
  • Struggle animations + minigame via Acheron Extension Library
  • First class followers support (up to 3)
  • Fast, multi-threaded operation with fail safes
  • Designed/written for any player character and follower gender
  • Heavy bondage (DD) awareness - default idles will change, enemies will react to player already being restrained, confiscate keys, and tamper with devices
  • Easily extendable by other mod authors and can be used to hook into other Acheron consequences

This mod (and to a lesser extent Acheron) is very much in development. Bug reports are highly appreciated. You can use other Acheron Consequence mods like Simple Outcomes for Acheron and/or Yamete Kudasai 2.x with this mod for creature support and to defeat NPCs. To reiterate, this mod only adds a system for player defeat at the hands of humanoid enemies e.g. Nords, Khajits, etc.

Compatibility
Acheron is SE/AE-exclusive and as a result so is this mod.

Not designed for use with defeat mods beyond other Acheron Consequences i.e. you should not use Defeat, Naked Defeat, etc. with this mod. You can add similar features from those mods to this one using Simple Outcomes and/or Yamete Kudasai.

Requirements
Hard:

Soft:

Recommended:

Addons

Installation

1. Install as you would any other mod.
  2. Run FNIS or Nemesis
  3. Configure the weight of this outcome in the Acheron MCM.

Upgrading

If you're playing on an existing save, please ensure you remain on your selected ESP format i.e. ESP -> ESP or ESP -> ESL. Swapping mid-game can cause damage to your save and cause issues with event registration.

For Users
If all members of your party including you enter bleedout, an enemy will initiate a struggle minigame with you. If you win, you and your followers will recover and can get back in the fight.

If you lose, you and your followers will be robbed and subjected to some...unsavory events until the max number of rounds is reached or (if enabled) all aggressors are satisfied. Once the last round is complete, a release event will play out.

You can find all registered events in the MCM's events page. It features a number of configuration options including robbery parameters, event weights, and restraint type chance. Feel free to request more.

You can edit the default restraints by modifying Data/SKSE/Plugins/Practical Defeat/Devious Devices.json which includes a list of each of potential restraints for each area. I've mostly picked ones I feel are appropriate for Skyrim's world (rope, iron, leather). Being restrained with DD's may spawn the necessary keys on the enemy which should incentivize you to get revenge.

I've included some safe measures for preventing item loss on enemy despawn. Please call this out if it doesn't work.

Performance may be slightly worse on 1.5.97 (SE) due to missing PapyrusUtil functions.

For Modders

Spoiler

I'll write up a proper guide for this eventually but if you've got some ideas (or can't wait for me to implement something in the future plans section) and a decent amount of CK experience, here's a quick explanation:

Events are registered through ReferenceAlias scripts attached to the player. When the player loads or starts a new game, a mod event to register is sent out and these scripts respond. The author must implement a couple functions used to validate, select, and start their event with the base script handling everything else. These functions are free to do whatever they want during the event but must eventually call the FinishEvent() function to wrap up. This eliminates hard dependencies on PD and allows for seamless registration of new events on load. PD_EventTemplate.psc has some brief documentation for the functions you are expected to fill in and what they do. Your event scripts will extend this script.

You can check out examples of this by opening up the mod in the CK and looking at the Player Reference Alias in the PD_Main quest. Everything from 5P sex to the Simple Slavery integration is built using this system. I recommend reading through PD_2PSex.psc to get a basic example of how it works. PD_Util also features some convenience functions used in these events that you can also use.

Feel free to request any other API features.

Credits

• @Scrab for Acheron, Acheron Extension Library, and a bunch of general development help
  • @Mister X for laying the groundwork for Acheron defeat mods
  • @Pamatronic for inspiring this mod's design with Prison Alternative
  • ZAP team for various bound animations

Future Plans
A lot of bug squashing...and then:

Spoiler

Strikethrough means implemented.

• Surrender Key
  • Negotiation system (similar to CodeSerpent's Peril)
  • Vendor selling after robbery
  • Reactivity to thaneship, faction allegiances, etc.
  • Hostility stat to dictate event severity (e.g. you'll only be executed if you kill a bunch of enemies prior to defeat)
  • SL Arousal support (for satisfaction checking)
  • Devious Devices Equip support for easier user customization of restraints
  • Restraint jamming
  • Restraint tightening
  • More Regular Events
    • Forced bathing (w/ BiS integration and maybe DB as well)
    • Forced masturbation
    • Forced tattooing (thru SlaveTats but you can get this right now through RapeTats)
    • Forced haircut/makeup (thru YPS but you can get this right now through SL Survival)
    • Spanking
    • Whipping
  • More Release Events
    • Radiant Quests
    • Fetch an item
    • Deliver an item
    • Restrained in public (similar to DCL's post-defeat event)
    • Local captivity
    • Shock collar via Practical Restraints
    • Executions via Pama's Deadly Furniture (need some suggestions here) + Ashes-style respawning and debuffs
    • Creature support (big maybe, I'd rather focus on human defeat and leave creatures up to other Acheron Consequences like YK)

If you'd like to support subsequent development, get early access to some stuff, and vote on what comes next, consider becoming a Patron:

patreon.png.49f08dd7a4b6f10c9e54bbe7f2c05a91.png  Patreon      discord1.png.5123da120cf0ea9662d041e8c0711eb4.png  Discord

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/11/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Acheron, SkyUI, Fuz ro D'oh, PO3 Papyrus Extender, PapyrusUtil, Pyramid Utils, Sexlab
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Recommended Configuration:

Spoiler
  • Sexlab
    • Disable Victims redress
  • Spectator Crowds Ultra Edition
    • Disable follower as spectator
    • Disable masturbation/orgy
    • Enable hostiles as spectators

Known Issues:

Spoiler
  • Robber may despawn - working on a fix right now
  • Spectator Crowds may interrupt the built in reactions and vice versa
  • FSM outcome may fail if your follower is a Devious Follower

Edited by ponzipyramid
2 hours ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi, I just download and try to install this MOD. The Loot indicated that I need YameteKudasai.esp as master for your mod which I did not see you mentioned that as hard requirement.

Yamete Kudasai

An add on mod to Acheron, adding a variety of generic, adult related content to it

Hi I think I found a problem with this mod. After I install the mod and launch a new game. When I saved the game and quit the game, and then want to load the saved game, I got a instant CTD. It happened to the existing old save game and a brand new game. I cannot load the save game as I got the instant CTD. When I remove the practical defeat mod, I am able to load the saved game. 

2 hours ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi, I just download and try to install this MOD. The Loot indicated that I need YameteKudasai.esp as master for your mod which I did not see you mentioned that as hard requirement.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll upload a new version without the hard dep soon as I can.

1 minute ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi I think I found a problem with this mod. After I install the mod and launch a new game. When I saved the game and quit the game, and then want to load the saved game, I got a instant CTD. It happened to the existing old save game and a brand new game. I cannot load the save game as I got the instant CTD. When I remove the practical defeat mod, I am able to load the saved game. 

Might be the same issue as above. If you can install YK, that's a quick fix but otherwise hold off until I can clean out the ESP.

1 minute ago, ponzipyramid said:

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll upload a new version without the hard dep soon as I can.

Might be the same issue as above. If you can install YK, that's a quick fix but otherwise hold off until I can clean out the ESP.

Thank you for the quick respond. I have already installed the YK for your mod. The the loading save game issue is found after I played the mod and quick and tried to load the save game. I don't mind to wait for your new version.

7 hours ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi, I just download and try to install this MOD. The Loot indicated that I need YameteKudasai.esp as master for your mod which I did not see you mentioned that as hard requirement.

Hello

I tryed the mod about a bit and have some comments/questions

Sex events: I sometimes get single person masturbate scenes. Is that intended ?

Devious devices: Event thoug i get the message identicating that they will equip devious devcses it never actually equips one. Is that not ready yet maybe ?

Robbed: At the mometn its not possible to get the items back right ? 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, walok said:

Sex events: I sometimes get single person masturbate scenes. Is that intended ?

Are you using Spectator Crowds? Certain settings may cause issues with aggressors doing 1P scenes instead of participating in events. If not, I can't comment without a script log.

3 hours ago, walok said:

Devious devices: Event thoug i get the message identicating that they will equip devious devcses it never actually equips one. Is that not ready yet maybe ?

Should be working, same as above, can you post your script log?

3 hours ago, walok said:

Robbed: At the mometn its not possible to get the items back right ? 

A quest should start with an indicator on whoever robbed you and you should be able to kill them and get your items back. Is the quest not appearing?

8 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Are you using Spectator Crowds? Certain settings may cause issues with aggressors doing 1P scenes instead of participating in events. If not, I can't comment without a script log.

A quest should start with an indicator on whoever robbed you and you should be able to kill them and get your items back. Is the quest not appearing?

8 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

1. No i am not using spectator crowd

2. Added the script log from the last play. I always see the messages about devices but never get one equipped.

3. No no quest starts. I see the messages about weapons and armor beeing stolen and they are actually stolen but i cant get them back, I also ticked that i should get messages about what is stolen but i never see something

Papyrus.0.log

Neat!

A question - the hard dependency on Zaz is due to the struggle poses being used, or are there some script dependencies on it? I've finally gave up and uninstalled that badly programmed mod this year, and I can't believe how much better my game runs without it. Currently using a super-light, scriptless version - basically a few animations and textures plus a "dummy" gutted plugin to trick the detection mechanisms in the few mods that require it in my current setup. 

I think I do have those struggle poses imported, so if there are no other function your mod requires from Zaz, I'd like to give this a go ?

55 minutes ago, walok said:

1. No i am not using spectator crowd

2. Added the script log from the last play. I always see the messages about devices but never get one equipped.

3. No no quest starts. I see the messages about weapons and armor beeing stolen and they are actually stolen but i cant get them back, I also ticked that i should get messages about what is stolen but i never see something

Papyrus.0.log 600.79 kB · 0 downloads

Small update for the robbing event. Not sure if it has something to do with it. I was using a special race from Fairie Elves. Once i switched to a Nord i had the robbing event quest starting. Still saw no messages about what was stolen though.

Changing to Nord did not help with the devious devices problem though

7 hours ago, walok said:

Small update for the robbing event. Not sure if it has something to do with it. I was using a special race from Fairie Elves. Once i switched to a Nord i had the robbing event quest starting. Still saw no messages about what was stolen though.

Changing to Nord did not help with the devious devices problem though

Okay, that robbing bug is a known issue - working on a fix rn. Not totally sure what the deal is the DDs not equipping. I'll try reinstalling PD on a minimal save, maybe I forgot to include some file. Are you running DD 5.x?

16 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

Okay, that robbing bug is a known issue - working on a fix rn. Not totally sure what the deal is the DDs not equipping. I'll try reinstalling PD on a minimal save, maybe I forgot to include some file. Are you running DD 5.x?

Yes DD 5.2 (Devious devices for SE-AE-VR) and i am running SE version no AE

Took a couple of goes to work this out but I've got it running with the base requirements (including YK for the time being). Everything seems well so for, and I look forward to seeing it grow and trying out the links to other mods. Thanks for sharing!

18 hours ago, krzp said:

Neat!

A question - the hard dependency on Zaz is due to the struggle poses being used, or are there some script dependencies on it? I've finally gave up and uninstalled that badly programmed mod this year, and I can't believe how much better my game runs without it. Currently using a super-light, scriptless version - basically a few animations and textures plus a "dummy" gutted plugin to trick the detection mechanisms in the few mods that require it in my current setup. 

I think I do have those struggle poses imported, so if there are no other function your mod requires from Zaz, I'd like to give this a go ?

Yep, this mod makes very limited use of its resources; just the hogtie animations and cuffs. Struggles are from Baka Factory and come with Acheron Extension Library. There is no furniture outcome like there is in Naked Defeat and if I do add something like that it'll be in a standalone add-on. I have to check what the permissions look like for those animations/assets but I can try to remove the hard dependency.

10 hours ago, walok said:

Yes DD 5.2 (Devious devices for SE-AE-VR) and i am running SE version no AE

Thanks for the script log, cleared up the issue. DD isn't loaded by the time I try to load in the restraints from the JSON file, I'll increase the delay before it tries.

Edited by ponzipyramid
6 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Yep, this mod makes very limited use of its resources; just the hogtie animations and cuffs. Struggles are from Baka Factory and come with Acheron Extension Library. There is no furniture outcome like there is in Naked Defeat and if I do add something like that it'll be in a standalone add-on. I have to check what the permissions look like for those animations/assets but I can try to remove the hard dependency.

That would be absolutely smashing, thanks! ?

I think Yamete Kudasai, at least the pre-acheron one, bundled a few of the familiar animations from old ZAZ packs to remove the dependency, maybe this could be an option? iirc 7.0 was open source.

The downside is that user has to re-run Fnis/Nemesis, though, but that's still a lot less taxing on the system than having old Zaz installed.

I've glanced at the scripts after installing, there's also a

zbfBondageShell Property ZShell Auto

in PD-RestraintsManager line 36, but it's not being used anywhere else at the moment, as far as I saw?

Edited by krzp

new combat sex mod here and I tested it on AE 1.640 with some mods like these :

SLA, SLIF, SLSO, SLMM, MNC, Spank that ass, unforgiving devices, Fertility, dripping when aroused.

there's some good experiences and bugs belows

- good experiences

1. no problems, no conflicts to add this mod to my collections

2. fast animation initiating

3. fast event stage changing

- bad experiences

1. sometimes sex animation play infinitely and doesn't work End key(stop animation key). it looks like scripts are delayed too much.

2. sometimes E Key (activate Key) and F Key doesn't work properly and cannot be restored. need start a new game.

3.(added) adjusting animation position doesn't work. (sexlab default key-map)

thanks for developing new mod

Edited by Juely
(to add some more bugs)
8 hours ago, krzp said:

That would be absolutely smashing, thanks! ?

I think Yamete Kudasai, at least the pre-acheron one, bundled a few of the familiar animations from old ZAZ packs to remove the dependency, maybe this could be an option? iirc 7.0 was open source.

The downside is that user has to re-run Fnis/Nemesis, though, but that's still a lot less taxing on the system than having old Zaz installed.

I've glanced at the scripts after installing, there's also a

zbfBondageShell Property ZShell Auto

in PD-RestraintsManager line 36, but it's not being used anywhere else at the moment, as far as I saw?

Ooh, that's a good point. I'll look for the idle animations there. I was trying to use a function for auto picking bound idles from zbfBondageShell but went with my own implementation in the end so that can be removed.

OAR for ZAP here I come.

Can you set assault by gender? I usually play a male character with female followers, and I like to see only straight sex happen in defeat. I've been through every defeat mod and none of them seem to be able to handle followers and gender reliably, either the followers get ignored or the gender rules are, so I'm hopeful for this one!

5 hours ago, johnhamm said:

Can you set assault by gender? I usually play a male character with female followers, and I like to see only straight sex happen in defeat. I've been through every defeat mod and none of them seem to be able to handle followers and gender reliably, either the followers get ignored or the gender rules are, so I'm hopeful for this one!

I think gender preferences should do it for you - just disable male on male and female on female. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Greetings

I have the problem, that the release quest won't start. My enemies are going about their buisness as usual, while I'm struggling in hogtie-pose. Console and log are stating:

PD: (Info) Starting release quest

Other then that, your mod looks really great.

Papyrus.0.log

Without simple slavery it seems to work again.

Edited by schweinehund