From the deeps (new version)

On 11/13/2023 at 4:01 PM, Lilzt3hcat said:

@Delzaron Just did a playthrough of things as they are, I have played the original multiple times and while the old one is fun this is like night and day better, you've really improved your quest building - I really enjoyed the increased amount of player choice and look forward to the rest of this.

thx !

On 11/20/2023 at 6:50 PM, qwerzu said:

After speaking to the argonian slaver he sends the character to a cell and walks away. Nothing happends afterwards. Is this supposed to be the end of chapter 1 or do I have a bug?

it's the bad end of chapter 2.

there is a scene playing, will lead to PC beheading.

• 2 weeks later...

At least, I finished the chapter 2 !

I'll advance a few things, and make the update. Maybe after the first attemp of sanity script (thx to chat gpt).

Chapter 3 will come. I'll need your help to make it good.

There will 4 arcs :

- The hallucinated mountain. You'll need to team with Nuai, choose to save the rieklings from hunters hired by the jarl of winterhold or not, organize the expedition to the hallucinated moutain (I don't know where to place it yet : Solstheim ? a new small world ?).

Establish your camp (if you saved the riklings, you'll be member of their tribe, that's mean events), explore the ruin, face a shoggoth, find elements about the history of the cult of Dagon and the great ancients in general. There is a need to make the player choose between save or kill Nuai, for example during the fight with the shoggoth, or for a ritual.

- dawnstar : Norren and his friends, Ulwa and Karloman, want to establish a cult of Dagon in Dawstar, but they lack lot of knowledge. Yo'ull need to join the cult, recruit Diraela Shalmi (the missing girl sold as slave, so you can recover her), and help them to build the cult.

You expect the end : they are just sacrifices. At a point, I need to include player need to choose to kill or spare Kjegrim.

- Solitude : I don"t have the story yet. I wish a mix of smuggling artifacts, degenerate nobles who seek power and influence by joining a cult. Of course, you'll need to choose between kill or spare Fulvius Cato. I want to involve Mankara, she's the main foe after all.

- the dreams. At some steps of the others arcs, you'll be able to dream and go back to Ryelh. Each time the priestesses will talk to you, and try to make you do deeper.

It's here you'll learn how to perform the second oath, necessary for the cult of dawnguard.

At the beginning, you'll meet only Hak'kluru. After a time, Mankara will take the lead. You'll meet the last, the broodmother, when you'll perform the final step of the third oath. And the three of them togethers when you'll ascend to priestress.

The no return point is when Hak'kluru will ask you to make the third oath and give birth to a deep one. Refuse, you'll stay a investigator. Accept, you'll join the cultists, and the actions you'll made in the other arcs will lead you to the prietess part.

During all this arc, the presence of lurkers on coastal regions will increase, and some cultists will lurk in cities. It will dry your sanity.

Chapter 4 will be the end.

First, you'll go back to Insmouth, where some people you already met, like Maive.

You'll enter in a cave, where you'll face the consequences of your actions (the ghosts of people died because of you).

The final will be a promontary, where the final sacrifice will be done.

According to your actions, several endings available. Don't expect laying with everybody will lead to the better one.

2 hours ago, Delzaron said:

- The hallucinated mountain. You'll need to team with Nuai, choose to save the rieklings from hunters hired by the jarl of winterhold or not, organize the expedition to the hallucinated moutain (I don't know where to place it yet : Solstheim ? a new small world ?).

Establish your camp (if you saved the riklings, you'll be member of their tribe, that's mean events), explore the ruin, face a shoggoth, find elements about the history of the cult of Dagon and the great ancients in general. There is a need to make the player choose between save or kill Nuai, for example during the fight with the shoggoth, or for a ritual.

I think it would be better to place it in Solstheim. She may die during the fight, but looking at the ritual option, may have bugs (blocking quest etc).

As for the rest, it sounds good in its current state.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there. I have troubles with aFTD2_Insmouth. Dialigue with Susasna about leaving Insmouth broken in second phrase. And i don't understand what needed to leave Insmouth exactly. Also aFTD2_zEnd broken, no new dialogue with Kjegrim, and quest didn't change stages even using setstage. Sorry for poor english

Edited by Vedran
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 6:36 AM, Vedran said:

Hi, there. I have troubles with aFTD2_Insmouth. Dialigue with Susasna about leaving Insmouth broken in second phrase. And i don't understand what needed to leave Insmouth exactly. Also aFTD2_zEnd broken, no new dialogue with Kjegrim, and quest didn't change stages even using setstage. Sorry for poor english

you need to leace insmouth because the cult know why you're here, accordin to Hak'kluru.

The end ing is not done in this version, I need to makr the update, but I'm investing my time onf preparing a exam for a job.

On 1/6/2024 at 3:58 PM, killer905 said:

I see that these are mainly corrections to already reported bugs, so I'm waiting for the next update with new content ;)

indeed, it"s a small update, mostly fixes for reported bugs.

I begin to write nuai quest for chapter 3, but it's only a start.

Hi,

I wanted to try the mod, because it sounded cool, but I have encountered a strange issue. Insmouth exists on the map and when I get there, the doors are there (and probably also the meshes, since I walk against invisible walls), but nothing else. I have checked and I have both mods and the dragonborn dlc installed and the modmanager does not detect any conflicting files with other mods, nor do I have any mod that places something in that area. I tried multiple new saves, but I always have the same issue. A while ago, I tried to run the mod with dyndolod and there dyndolod complained as well, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong... But it is probably something stupid.

12 minutes ago, Lianger said:

Hi,

I wanted to try the mod, because it sounded cool, but I have encountered a strange issue. Insmouth exists on the map and when I get there, the doors are there (and probably also the meshes, since I walk against invisible walls), but nothing else. I have checked and I have both mods and the dragonborn dlc installed and the modmanager does not detect any conflicting files with other mods, nor do I have any mod that places something in that area. I tried multiple new saves, but I always have the same issue. A while ago, I tried to run the mod with dyndolod and there dyndolod complained as well, so I have no idea what I am doing wrong... But it is probably something stupid.

The location of the city of "Insmouth" has been changed (the door is the remains of the city just this place need clean up) and the only way to get to city it is to complete the first stage of the investigation, and then you get to the city itself.

You can start the task at any inn keeper.

5 minutes ago, killer905 said:

The location of the city of "Insmouth" has been changed (the door is the remains of the city just this place need clean up) and the only way to get to city it is to complete the first stage of the investigation, and then you get to the city itself.

You can start the task at any inn keeper.

Ahhh ok, that makes sense! Thank you!

I just started this mod today, I'm at the island doing a merchant job ...find the wine and deliver to brothel house. I assume it is the red silk place. I have the wine but no one has a dialog to deliver it, or am i at the wrong place? thanks

8 hours ago, Sweettits said:

I just started this mod today, I'm at the island doing a merchant job ...find the wine and deliver to brothel house. I assume it is the red silk place. I have the wine but no one has a dialog to deliver it, or am i at the wrong place? thanks

At the moment, you can only complete this task through setstage ;( Madam brothel does not have the appropriate dialogue to complete the task.

5 hours ago, killer905 said:

At the moment, you can only complete this task through setstage ;( Madam brothel does not have the appropriate dialogue to complete the task.

Thanks, are the rest of the merchant tasks completed with the same fashion?

3 hours ago, Sweettits said:

Silly question. but what are the console commands for the merchant side of the quest?

Chore : bring wine to Brothel - aFTD2_Rep_MerchantChore_Wine

Chore : Hall of Dead - aFTD2_rep_MerchantChore_HallDead

Chore : guard's sword - aFTD2_rep_Merchant_Sword

Smuggling : Skooma - aFTD2_rep_Merchant_Skooma

Smuggling : Slaver - aFTD2_Rep_Merchant_Slaver

Job : Merchant - aFTD2_Rep_Merchant

Edited by killer905
4 hours ago, killer905 said:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Please fix this, I cannot play the game nor generate LOD files until you do... This is my DyndoLOD crash window from your plugin, also take a look at this site:
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Unresolved-Form-ID

"DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Unresolved FormID [56018A7E]

[Content]
Error in ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp aFTD1EnquiryHarborTriggerREF [REFR:5601F84C] (places aFTD1EnquiryHarborTrigger [ACTI:5601F84B] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 1,27)

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

FIX THE ERROR as explained in the help OR PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE PLUGIN.
Ignore wrong "advice" to only temporarily disable plugins, which does not FIX THE ERROR.
Do not try to circumvent the error message, FIX THE ERROR instead.
This is not a DynDOLOD error. DynDOLOD is not crashing.
There is an unresolved error in the mentioned plugin that needs to be fixed."

• 4 weeks later...

I've played this last version waiting for the update and these are my considerations and issues.

First part enough smooth ,problems with Norren only if you try to avoid his game the

quest doesn't continue,if you accept, CTD when you reach him in water.

Solution in my case : accept ,let him go in water,stay away and setstage so quest completed.

I made the quests in this order Dawnstar,Windhelm,Winterhold and Solitude ,so no other problems.

When you are in Insmouth,played one time as merchant and another as prostitute.

Merchant: the known issue with the wine delivery, so setstage to have the other chores.

Hall of dead,setstage after killing the last spider or you can't speak with the priestess and 

finish the chore.

Prostitute: after the time of serving the clients and gain a lot of trust you have 2 choices ,

visit a client in his room,totally bugged ,there aren't clients to visit so don't do it

the other is "slaver"and for this one no problem....

About the NPC, You can  hire Fiana only if you speak to her outside her home ,if you enter she claims 

you are an intruder so nothing to do ..... she is very ugly.

There are minors issues but the story is interesting and the main quest totally playable

Cheers!

On 1/14/2024 at 6:25 PM, Lianger said:

Hi,

I moved the twon to a small world.

You should reinstall the mod entirely if you let the old version.

I'll clean the remains when I'll can.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:36 PM, Sweettits said:

talk to the brothel owner.

I add this to the bug list.

On 1/15/2024 at 4:44 PM, killer905 said:

On 1/17/2024 at 1:40 AM, StrayHALO_MAN said:

Please fix this, I cannot play the game nor generate LOD files until you do... This is my DyndoLOD crash window from your plugin, also take a look at this site:
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Unresolved-Form-ID

"DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Unresolved FormID [56018A7E]

[Content]
Error in ZaFromTheDeepsV2.esp aFTD1EnquiryHarborTriggerREF [REFR:5601F84C] (places aFTD1EnquiryHarborTrigger [ACTI:5601F84B] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at 1,27)

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

For qualified help and advice or to report a problem make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

FIX THE ERROR as explained in the help OR PERMANENTLY REMOVE THE PLUGIN.
Ignore wrong "advice" to only temporarily disable plugins, which does not FIX THE ERROR.
Do not try to circumvent the error message, FIX THE ERROR instead.
This is not a DynDOLOD error. DynDOLOD is not crashing.
There is an unresolved error in the mentioned plugin that needs to be fixed."

I shoudl learn how to use dyndolod, the insmouth small world will need his landscape.

aFTD1EnquiryHarborTriggerREF shoudlk be a remain of old insmouth supression.

16 hours ago, orthax said:

I've played this last version waiting for the update and these are my considerations and issues.

First part enough smooth ,problems with Norren only if you try to avoid his game the

quest doesn't continue,if you accept, CTD when you reach him in water.

Solution in my case : accept ,let him go in water,stay away and setstage so quest completed.

I made the quests in this order Dawnstar,Windhelm,Winterhold and Solitude ,so no other problems.

When you are in Insmouth,played one time as merchant and another as prostitute.

Merchant: the known issue with the wine delivery, so setstage to have the other chores.

Hall of dead,setstage after killing the last spider or you can't speak with the priestess and 

finish the chore.

Prostitute: after the time of serving the clients and gain a lot of trust you have 2 choices ,

visit a client in his room,totally bugged ,there aren't clients to visit so don't do it

the other is "slaver"and for this one no problem....

About the NPC, You can  hire Fiana only if you speak to her outside her home ,if you enter she claims 

you are an intruder so nothing to do ..... she is very ugly.

There are minors issues but the story is interesting and the main quest totally playable

Cheers!

ok, I add this to the bug list. thx