17 hours ago, Cornoholio said:

Looks fun and works as promised... looking forward to what this will develop. One problem: My "guards" walk around with invisible outfit, except the DD items. Any idea what might cause this?

Just to be sure - did you build items in BodySlide?

Edit: got it to work. Still missing the smith-outfit, says "no texture", but othertise... I needed to safe a new "custom preset" with the group checked, and suddenly hey presto, they're there. Thanks, and great mod, looking forward to how it will develop.

image.png.7d66d6e6ff895e3278ea950fd6ec7175.png

Smith outfit inb BS2

Edited by Cornoholio

I think it's safe to say at this point that my attempt at packaging the Bodyslide files and/or the models' textures didn't go too well. I must have created hundreds of BS slider sets for my own use over the years but this was the first time of uploading one of them, I think. :flushed:

My thanks to all who have posted about this and have tried to troubleshoot it. I'll try to get the models and textures sorted when I do the next mod update (which is still a little ways in the future).

Apart from those missing body textures, this mod is a lot of fun, and who knows what else is to come? 

But another thing: there's a very nice open breasts/butt hobble dress in the bodyslide set, but it doesn't show up in the game. 

"AR Ebonitium Dress Open". 

Where'd it go? Such a shame! I'd love to wear this dress :) 

21 hours ago, vigdis said:

Apart from those missing body textures, this mod is a lot of fun, and who knows what else is to come? 

But another thing: there's a very nice open breasts/butt hobble dress in the bodyslide set, but it doesn't show up in the game. 

Where'd it go? Such a shame! I'd love to wear this dress :) 

Seconded! I like the idea of the pony corier service, looking forward how this turns out! :)

Thanks much for the kind comments!

I have good news -- I've figured out and hopefully fixed the missing texture on the dresses. The model pointed to the original MXW mod's texture path instead of the DD path. Also making good progress on setting up the first actual quests in the form of repeatable fetch quests one can run to earn some pocket money.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:35 AM, vigdis said:

Yeah, like the NPCs wearing them, that dress ended up being cut from the first upload. Rest assured that it will feature prominently in future versions. Maybe you can still see it in the game though -- there are a bunch of unused cells left in the mod from an older version of Ebonitium (which was quite a bit bigger than the one I ended up with, way too large I felt). One of them might still have a copy of said NPCs standing around in it... You could try coc to AR_Cell_EboPens and look upstairs.

Edit: I've just realized that I haven't created a player-wearable (DD) version of that dress and also the maid dress. Those will come in a future upload, too. The NPCs wear custom armor non-playable versions of the dresses which aren't set up as DDs (so no DD NPC slotting, etc, which isn't needed for those NPCs)

On 6/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, Cornoholio said:

Still missing the smith-outfit, says "no texture"

Thanks for bringing this up. Turns out this is an outfit that I never even completed -- it's not in use in the mod. There are a bunch of things like that in the Armor and AA categories that I'll have to clean up some day.

Edited by El_Duderino

Aha! The slave pens are a wonder to behold, and those dresses... 

I hadn't expected to find a whole devious city hiding underneath that shabby trapdoor in - of all places - Anja's Mill :) 

You're doing a fine job, and I'll bet it's fun, too. 

Thanks! 

On 6/9/2023 at 9:18 AM, El_Duderino said:

Thanks much for the kind comments!

I have good news -- I've figured out and hopefully fixed the missing texture on the dresses. The model pointed to the original MXW mod's texture path instead of the DD path. Also making good progress on setting up the first actual quests in the form of repeatable fetch quests one can run to earn some pocket money.

The smith outfit still points to the skimpy texture path. If you set it to the vanilla path it works fine. Don't need to bundle the texture.

The open dress seems a bit flaky with clipping but I presume it's a WIP. Also none of the outfits seems to conform to a sliderset. But could be it's on UNP and I'm CBBE (3B)

image.png.95b9ba598526a0f87f5d3a30d1f4e177.png

The texture and some meshes of the other mods are still in their respective folders. To maintain combability with other mods I would suggest moving all things used by this mod to a subfolder. So under \textures\duderino_LL as now there are conflicts with DCUR, Osare, JK's and Oaristys to name a few.

Thanks much for the feedback!

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

The smith outfit still points to the skimpy texture path. ... clipping ... texture and some meshes of the other mods are still in their respective folders

Also none of the outfits seems to conform to a sliderset.

The smith outfit is more an unused leftover than unfinished. I'll probably just remove it from the mod eventually. The clipping of the ebonite smith and to some lesser extend also guard outfits is a known issue. This will need some thorough rework in OS.

I must admit that I don't understand what you mean by the outfits not conforming to a slider set. I've all built them with the UUNP reference body and sliders and they work fine (known clipping issues aside) in my game when I export them to my usual Zeroed Slider preset. What (step, setup, concept, ...) am I missing here?

Thanks for the reminder about the shared resources. I completely forgot about those! I can definitely move some of those into my own folder tree, though the files from the modder resource packs (all those decorative assets) are probably best left in their original place.

2 hours ago, Canaduh said:

Is there anything in particular you'd like tested?

Thanks much for the kind offer. My main concern is how the quest plays and feels, if there are any pitfalls or confusing bits that I may not have noticed because I know what's supposed to happen next. And of course if at some point it hangs or bugs outs in any way. I've tested it quite a lot (movetoqt console command was my best friend here) but as I've stated in the changelog RNG hasn't given me all possible quest targets yet.

Edited by El_Duderino
41 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Thanks much for the feedback!

The smith outfit is more an unused leftover than unfinished. I'll probably just remove it from the mod eventually. The clipping of the ebonite smith and to some lesser extend also guard outfits is a known issue. This will need some thorough rework in OS.

I must admit that I don't understand what you mean by the outfits not conforming to a slider set. I've all built them with the UUNP reference body and sliders and they work fine (known clipping issues aside) in my game when I export them to my usual Zeroed Slider preset. What (step, setup, concept, ...) am I missing here?

It took me a bit longer than I like to admit but it's built on LE not SE ? so probably that's why there are no sliders to select. Would be nice to have both main bodies included (CBBE/UUNP) in a later stadium.

Would like to see more custom merged outfits. They look nice.

41 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Thanks for the reminder about the shared resources. I completely forgot about those! I can definitely move some of those into my own folder tree, though the files from the modder resource packs (all those decorative assets) are probably best left in their original place.

You could move then to the subfolder and use some batch processing like https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79797?tab=description to change all the textures. Personally I try to always use subfolders when including recourses. But that's more of a personal preference.

Edited by naaitsab

Just had a little play through of 0.2.0 Update and everything seemed ok to me at first glance. The tour did stop at the locked gate for some reason but everything else ran pretty smoothly. Even the Ponies and "staff" wandering around outside made the Mill much busier.  

I did enough errands to get the special errand choice but never managed to lose any deliveries so couldn't fully test the punishment system but I did fake losing it so I could have a look at it. Nicely done. Not too tough but not too easy either. The choice idea was great and can be expanded if new ideas come up. 

Textures on outfits all worked.  As an update it did everything it said it would. 

As I said earlier the only issue I had was the tour stopping early but I think it may have been a bluesuited pony getting in the way once the gate was unlocked. 

Good update and looking forward to seeing more coming when ready.  Would still like to see going through the doors to process rooms and quarters being punished by the guards some how.  "You seem to be looking into places you shouldn't so wear a hood or blindfold to stop you being nosy" kind of thing. (I am not a modder and have no idea how hard that would be to implement and appreciate if you find a better way to do it.)

Edited by steelmagpie

Issues found on 0.2.0:

1. If you say about getting the tour later, objective  stays, no option to do the tour appears in dialogue.

2. Jail door is locked, probably glitch.

3. If you opt to wear timelocked catsuit, punishment straitjacket fails to get applied.

4. If you lose shipment while doing punishment run in straitjacket, dialogue gets broken, probably no infos with appropriate conditions present.

Hi all, thank you so much for the kind and helpful feedback! As always, I'm taking notes (coming up with guard reactions to trespassing are most definitely on that list). :)

At this point, I can't promise anything for CBBE. For the time being, this will probably remain UUNP-only until I can find the time and motivation to redo the outfits for CBBE (which I've never done before).

I should probably just remove that door unlocking scene from start of the intro quest. I implemented it as a way to make the player do the intro, but it seems to cause more issues than anything else.

29 minutes ago, kurotatsu said:

If you lose shipment while doing punishment run in straitjacket, dialogue gets broken, probably no infos with appropriate conditions present.

Do you remember where it sent you on the debt run when it failed after returning "empty handed"? Janeera's dialogue is set up to handle it when you return with stuff missing on the debt missions but maybe not all of them work correctly.

I may have broken something in the dialogue for the "do the tour later" option. I remember it worked before, but haven't tested in a while. Good catch about the straitjacket clashing with the catsuit. I must have forgotten to add the force=true flag to the device equip call like I did with the dress.

12 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Do you remember where it sent you on the debt run when it failed after returning "empty handed"? Janeera's dialogue is set up to handle it when you return with stuff missing on the debt missions but maybe not all of them work correctly.

If I'm not mistaken, it was ingot run to Windhelm's blacksmiths.

Hi there, 

Had a play with this both on SE and VR. Sadly my VR playthrough seemed to be exhibiting a CTD when walking through any of the (not allowed doors) in the complex. 

SE worked fine. My only observations so far (if you're looking for bugs)

1. If you accept quest (ie: retrieval) and then misplace items on way back - when talking to a guard you can get the 'I was told to report to you' dialogue without actually having to have reported back to the original requestor in the first place.

2. Ingot quest - I could already go back and say I failed without even going off to the destination, but in doing so (and incurring debt) when asking again I had the same quest and couldn't go to the blacksmith and get any dialogue to play. 

3. I had the issue where the intro quest the maid stops at the door to unlock but then asks you a question.. You don't have the ability to answer .. so game doesn't progress .. however when I played that in VR, if I initiated dialogue again .. it came back with the correct dialogue to continue  .. but in SE wouldn't come up .. I thought I might need to stand in a certain position but couldn't get the maid to continue. 

Looking forward to see how this develops .. and didn't seem to experience any invisibility issues on NPC's once running bodyslide 

have an issue where either starting new game there are no one spawning outside to start the quest or when loading the existing one before taking the tour when the maid asks about being imperial and is stuck without option to give answer and therefore unable to finish this first quest, what can be a problem?

Hi all, thanks much for the comments and feedback!

22 hours ago, bubba999 said:

Really want to try this. Does it work with SE?

See the post made after yours. It seems to work okay (the mod's bugs aside, lol)

@jc321 That's extremely helpful feedback, thank you! I already have an idea which extra conditions I have to add to the dialogue. 

The intro quest seems to stall most commonly during the gate opening scene. I'll "fix" this by removing this scene entirely and having the gate unlocked from the start. Meanwhile, if you are currently stuck, you can use the Setstage commands for the quest to bypass it. Stages 10, 20 and 21 should to the trick here, though you may have to reload from before starting the tour if the poor maid is stuck in the gate scene (not sure).

Not getting the quests to start right, I'm working on bringing my mod list into compliance. I hope it's DD5.2, and not my version of zaz, or something. Regardless, this is very very exciting, and I'm looking forward to your progress!! Let me know if there are any devices or anything that I can donate.  

edit: got it working, after reloading.

having some similar issues. Ingot run missing dialog option with blacksmith even with quest marker over his head. Intro quest stalled at gate once, proceeded fine, another time. 

I’m getting a few crashes to desktop here and there, within the cell, didn’t appear to have a specific action causing it. 

very promising start!! Very much looking forward to where this goes, and if the fetch quest failure states are an indication, spending a lot of time happily getting deeper in debt.

Edited by Farmthat