Ebonitium

View File

Please find the latest version of the mod here:

There's really no need to use this heavily outdated LE version. The SE version (linked above) has been reported to work in LE. I will thus keep this outdated LE version here available for only a little while longer and then try and delete it.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/26/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices, ZaZ Anim Pack
  • Special Edition Compatible

Always fun to try new content...  I am using cbbe for body shape so will let you known if it causes any issues  (I think it should be ok). Anywhere you can buy or sell restraints is great for my gameplay as it is how my character finances everything.  I look forward to seeing this mod grow over time.

Hi, thanks much for the kind comments!

49 minutes ago, steelmagpie said:

cbbe for body shape

Yeah, sorry for the lack of CBBE support. I've always only had UUNP myself and don't know how to create a CBBE slider set. I've made a mental note to look into that some time further down the road.

33 minutes ago, Cristel Carrisi said:

на фото бондаж мебель

The furniture is currently mostly decorative but some of the NPCs use it as part of their daily schedules/packages. The player should also be able to use them like a normal DD Contraptions device. The furniture will hopefully play a bigger role in the mod's future development ;)

I'm getting some strange crashes where the game seems to hang upon entering the shop 'proper.' It seems to mainly happen when trying to figure out the placement for NPC's.

Edit: Managed to use a better memory allocator and now it runs fine.

Edited by isee

I don't now if it works as is in SSE but I did a conversion (converted meshes, checked textures, recompiled all scripts, re-saved in CK SE & re-created the seq file). After completing the intro quest, I looked around for a while and spoke to everyone i could find... Everything seems to work fine.
Only issue were the invisble bodies, because I dont have the UUNP Body installed. ^^

In case anyone is interested, here are the files:

Ebonitium_0.1.0_SSE.zip Ebonitium_0.1.0_Resources_SSE.zip

Nice to see a new DD story/quest mod around.

For the DA_ prefix "issue" you could look into the replacer xEdit script on the Automator tools. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49373 And rename the scripts from the context menu in the CK. If you have access to SE I would suggest migrating to that as the 64 bit CK is way-way more stable and faster to load. Using LE for intricate quests, dialogue and scenes is well 'a challenge' on it's own :P 

Thanks much for all the kind comments and valuable feedback!

14 hours ago, isee said:

Edit: Managed to use a better memory allocator and now it runs fine.

Huh. That's something I didn't expect to come up so soon -- good to know about it! The shop is probably a bit "heavy" on resources with the NPCs all moving about, the contraptions, and the countless decorative statics scattered about. And the roombounds I've added probably only help so much. I'll add a note to the readme. For what it's worth, I'm playing the game (LE) on a six-year old PC with CrashFixes and its own memory allocator enabled. My game is pretty stable even with a bunch of SL/Devious mods active and my current active playthough is by now almost a year old (level 32, currently doing the Civil War).

13 hours ago, TekknoTim said:

SSE but I did a conversion

Wow! Thank you! This is very kind and generous of you. I'll add a link to your post in the OP.

4 hours ago, naaitsab said:

DA_ prefix "issue" you could look into the replacer xEdit script on the Automator tools (...) I would suggest migrating to that as the 64 bit CK

Brilliant, thanks! I have used Automation tools before but wasn't aware of this function. Though I've gotten so used to the DA_ prefix in the CK by now that I'll probably just keep it. I very much appreciate the heads-up about the SSE CK. I'll need to think about this. I don't want to give up LE for my game (the one for the playthroughs) because it's a six-years old growing organism but maybe I can play in LE and build in SE.

15 hours ago, Cristel Carrisi said:

not put in a vanilla prison for crimes, but in this mod

Nice idea, thanks! I'll think about it, though at least for now I want to keep edits to base game and especially its quests/mechanics to an absolute minimum.

Had a little explore of Ebonitium underground and all looked and seemed to work to where the description said it would. The only thing I found was a missing texture on the maid outfit (arms and maybe another bit). Missing texture could be my installation as I have a shed load of mods active which may have affected it. Using CBBE body as my base seemed to work fine too. Uunp and Cbbe seem to be pretty compatible I have found.

On the whole loved the layout and would love to see it develop.  Perhaps going through the "restricted doors" causes guards to "arrest" player with consequences to fit the mods theme.

Thanks for a new place to cause mischief in haha..  

Ok, to start off, I am running a few mods currently, so perhaps this is simply a clash, but the things I've run into so far are;

• Anyone wearing the maid outfit has a skin texture issue (I peeped into the jail area, and the other maids are also purple).
  • Maid Alba is having an issue with heel height adjustment. Everyone else appears to have adjusted up except her. 
  • The left wall of the small side room/corridor with the Dwemer pump in it (with the big barrel) has no collision and can be walked through into oblivion.

• Some of the dialogue is janky or nonsensical, is English a second language for you? If so, would you like the dialogue proof-read?

As for the mod itself, it's pretty interesting for an alpha state, but if I may make a few suggestions...

• The trapdoor entrance is almost completely obscured by grass when using certain terrain overhauls, Noticeably Skyrim Flora Overhaul (Cannot provide link as Nexus is down at this time).
  • Speaking with Maid Alba after the tour, and asking about the other rooms triggers the response "Please do not mention this again, or I will have to call the guards" (paraphrase), But this does not happen, even when asked again. This might be a fun lead in to being forcibly invited to stay. I'd imagine a sudden blackout from being hit on the head and waking up in a side room, or such.
  • Maid Alba mentions that you could speak with the tailor to acquire a custom outfit, but she offers no option to order an outfit, perhaps this could be a future feature.
  • If the jail area is implemented in future, the doors notably automatically close behind you, perhaps having them lock also, would be a different kind of fun. Play into the old "But I'm just a visitor, not a resident" trope.
  • I'd personally not use Melissa as a named bondage NPC, as DCL already does at the Riverwood club. But that is preference.

That's it for a day one look, I hope some of this is helpful for you moving forward.

Spoiler

20230527224526_1.jpg

20230527225239_1.jpg

20230527233211_1.jpg

2023fff0527234654_1.jpg

Edited by Canaduh
Marking SS as spoiler

I figured the missing skin texture on the maid dress is from me not using UNP. Probably missing a texture from that mod.

The NPC's are highly scheduled (Which is cool.) but that means there is a very short period of time where you can actually talk to the shopkeepers and they act like a proper shop. Also after you talk with them they tend to get up and walk away from their task in favor of 'radiant ai'. Which means you can't talk to them again to shop. (Though it is possible I had poor timing. It was 11:00 AM on a Monday if that means anything.)

I'm interested to see where this goes. Talking to the NPC's is interesting. I expected the Owner to be weirder then he turned out to be given his desire to own or hire an all female staff and stuff them in tight rubber outfits, but he mostly talks about how it's good for business with no mention at all of the outfits. Hearing the range of feelings his 'employee's' had about them was fun however.

Speaking of the owner. It's kind of neat to meet a character who's so far into all of it that it doesn't even come up in his dialogue. Though I get the feeling that might change as his role expands. Their was one ominous comment about the reason why he takes slaves after all. Guy seems to have a 'control' fetish and the outfits and restraints are part of his way of expressing it. Something tells me he is a lot less 'restrained' when talking with his 'property.'

The only thing that was weird to me was specifically the fact that there was a dwemer ruin underneath agnes mill right next to a freezing river fully kitted out to produce 'ebonite' Started having to give the the farmers the side eye when they both walked into the bar dressed completely normal and proceeded to sit down next to the tied up rubber clad woman on the horse and proceed to argue with each other over drinks. XD

To me the dialogue seemed mostly fine. I know how weird working with the CK's dialogue line limitations can be at times. You don't have very many characters to work within a single line.

Edited by isee

Thank you so much for the comments and in particular the in-depth reviews and really cool ideas and suggestions! This is very kind of you and extremely helpful. I'm taking notes. :) A tie-in to Simple Slavery is definitely on my list... once there actually is some player slavery in the mod. :P

19 hours ago, Canaduh said:

Some of the dialogue is janky or nonsensical, is English a second language for you? If so, would you like the dialogue proof-read?

Yes, English is not my native language. I appreciate the kind offer and am glad for all the help I can get to make the dialogue sound more natural. I guess I need to export the strings to make this easier for all parties?

Thanks too for reporting the bugs and issues! The missing skin texture is most likely not because of CBBE/UUNP but something I forgot to package. Them maids aren't supposed to show any skin, it's supposed to be all rubber. :D

16 hours ago, isee said:

I expected the Owner to be weirder

Haha, no, he's all professional (or is he?) You're right though, there will be more chances to get to know some of the NPCs closer but I don't want to make the boss all creepy either. In my lore, this stuff is all perfectly normal in Skyrim, at least sort of. There are at least three other producers/vendors of restraints and kinky clothing and slavery is rampant (at least if one has Hydra Slaves installed, lol), so nothing of that can be illegal or even extremely frowned upon. No reason for the boss to make a fuss about it. That BTW was also my reasoning to add the residents of Angas Mill as occasional visitors. Wouldn't you visit too if there was an inn like that in your village?  ;)

8 hours ago, SilentOption said:

What kind of ebonite rubber suits is your female going to end up wearing and for how long?

That depends on how much of my plans I can implement. But generally speaking: how long = almost all the time; what kind = mainly suits and hobble dresses (the latter is my favorite DD, so yeah they'll get plenty of screen time)

20 hours ago, Canaduh said:

Ok, to start off, I am running a few mods currently, so perhaps this is simply a clash, but the things I've run into so far are;

• Anyone wearing the maid outfit has a skin texture issue (I peeped into the jail area, and the other maids are also purple).
  • Maid Alba is having an issue with heel height adjustment. Everyone else appears to have adjusted up except her. 
  • The left wall of the small side room/corridor with the Dwemer pump in it (with the big barrel) has no collision and can be walked through into oblivion.

• Some of the dialogue is janky or nonsensical, is English a second language for you? If so, would you like the dialogue proof-read?

As for the mod itself, it's pretty interesting for an alpha state, but if I may make a few suggestions...

• The trapdoor entrance is almost completely obscured by grass when using certain terrain overhauls, Noticeably Skyrim Flora Overhaul (Cannot provide link as Nexus is down at this time).
  • Speaking with Maid Alba after the tour, and asking about the other rooms triggers the response "Please do not mention this again, or I will have to call the guards" (paraphrase), But this does not happen, even when asked again. This might be a fun lead in to being forcibly invited to stay. I'd imagine a sudden blackout from being hit on the head and waking up in a side room, or such.
  • Maid Alba mentions that you could speak with the tailor to acquire a custom outfit, but she offers no option to order an outfit, perhaps this could be a future feature.
  • If the jail area is implemented in future, the doors notably automatically close behind you, perhaps having them lock also, would be a different kind of fun. Play into the old "But I'm just a visitor, not a resident" trope.
  • I'd personally not use Melissa as a named bondage NPC, as DCL already does at the Riverwood club. But that is preference.

That's it for a day one look, I hope some of this is helpful for you moving forward.

Hide contents

20230527224526_1.jpg

20230527225239_1.jpg

20230527233211_1.jpg

2023fff0527234654_1.jpg

я вообще английский не знаю...поэтому разговаривать я с ними не буду...зайти в дом,купить одежду,(аналогичная одежда в DCL).выпить и уйти...ведь насильно никто не оставит...жаль)

2 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Thank you so much for the comments and in particular the in-depth reviews and really cool ideas and suggestions! This is very kind of you and extremely helpful. I'm taking notes. :) A tie-in to Simple Slavery is definitely on my list... once there actually is some player slavery in the mod. :P

Yes, English is not my native language. I appreciate the kind offer and am glad for all the help I can get to make the dialogue sound more natural. I guess I need to export the strings to make this easier for all parties?

Thanks too for reporting the bugs and issues! The missing skin texture is most likely not because of CBBE/UUNP but something I forgot to package. Them maids aren't supposed to show any skin, it's supposed to be all rubber. :D

Haha, no, he's all professional (or is he?) You're right though, there will be more chances to get to know some of the NPCs closer but I don't want to make the boss all creepy either. In my lore, this stuff is all perfectly normal in Skyrim, at least sort of. There are at least three other producers/vendors of restraints and kinky clothing and slavery is rampant (at least if one has Hydra Slaves installed, lol), so nothing of that can be illegal or even extremely frowned upon. No reason for the boss to make a fuss about it. That BTW was also my reasoning to add the residents of Angas Mill as occasional visitors. Wouldn't you visit too if there was an inn like that in your village?  ;)

That depends on how much of my plans I can implement. But generally speaking: how long = almost all the time; what kind = mainly suits and hobble dresses (the latter is my favorite DD, so yeah they'll get plenty of screen time)

Any particularly rubber suit and is possible to attached the image here.

16 hours ago, Cristel Carrisi said:

я вообще английский не знаю...поэтому разговаривать я с ними не буду...зайти в дом,купить одежду,(аналогичная одежда в DCL).выпить и уйти...ведь насильно никто не оставит...жаль)

Извините, я не уверен, что понимаю

16 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Feel free to send me the script and I'll highlight anything I pick up. I don't know if I have the software for changing it myself.

You're welcome, I like to encourage more location mods to stumble across as I travel Skyrim.

Are you using an original outfit, or repackaging it? If it's using a shared outfit, the original may be overwriting it in our mod orders, leading to a non-existent texture path (Assuming we all use DCL or DVP).

Gave this a spin, it did quite well!

Running LE, UUNP body.

All worked fine, including introductory quest.

The only problem spotted - already reported purple patches on the maid uniform(with frills), probably due to the missing textures.

Looks like very promising basis for a lot of tight and shiny fun, looking forward very much to the further development!