[WIP] Spectator Crowds and Guards (Oct 28th 2013)

You MIGHT be able to change that using TES5EDIT

You can change the text, but if it's voiced that part will not be changed.

I've only used TES5EDIT for mod cleaning. How would I go about the written dialogue changes?

Thanks in advance!

Find the text and edit it. Right-clicking on items give you a menu of what you can do with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have patched this mod:

Fixes:

- Changes for current SexLab version compatibility - now should work fine with latest SexLab version

- Various updates to character dialogue

- Fixed guard not following player after sex offer

- Script now stops adding spectators and guards after sex is concluded

- Guard dialogue is now blocked and set to priority 60 instead of 50 to override the default "wait, I know you" greeting.

New Features:

- Additional toggles in configuration for further option tweaking

MF_SpectatorCrowds.7z

I have patched this mod:

Fixes:

- Changes for current SexLab version compatibility - now should work fine with latest SexLab version

- Various updates to character dialogue

- Fixed guard not following player after sex offer

- Script now stops adding spectators and guards after sex is concluded

- Guard dialogue is now blocked and set to priority 60 instead of 50 to override the default "wait, I know you" greeting.

New Features:

- Additional toggles in configuration for further option tweaking

Thanks for the patch. Is there a possibility to turn off/on guards treating the sex as a crime in public in MCM menu?

Guest Noova

Yes, all of those settings are now adjustable.

YAY! Thanks man. Love you.

Can you confirm that the new patched version posted above is working? Any bugs/issues remaining?

Yes, all of those settings are now adjustable.

YAY! Thanks man. Love you.

Can you confirm that the new patched version posted above is working? Any bugs/issues remaining?

I will, as soon be able to find a time to play the game. I will surely post my comments.

I use lovers comfort as well - I think there should be no conflicts. From your log it appears that it attempted to have sex with a dwarven mechanical spider and got blocked because it wasn't an allowed creature type for sex. Have you noticed any specific problems, other than those that appear in the log you attached?

Defeat is working fine. I asked you to check your mod since it started to show after I installed it.

I just did a double check of my errors. It is a Lover's comfort error. Somewhere, somehow its script bound my follower with dead dwarwen spider and wanted to trigger unexisted animation.

Guest Jenova23

Wish the spectators worked for npc how hard would it be to add support currently there is no mod that does this that I know of.

Jenova - I have looked into this already and it is not a trivial matter, but it is certainly possible - Random Sex is a textbook example mod.

The thing that makes making these things for the player character only so simple is that you need an alias for every participant in the spectator crowd. The player character cannot simultaneously participate in multiple sex acts, so if you want 8 spectators you can simply define them and their logic:

Spectator01

Spectator02

etc., up to

Spectator08

Which is not bad. The problem is that when you involve NPCs there can be multiple sex acts going on. You need a slot for each spectator for each sex act defined in the script. If you want your cap to be 10 simultaneous sex acts you would have to define:

SexAct01Spectator01

SexAct01Spectator02

etc. up to SexAct01Spectator08

Then you need SexAct02 Spectators 1 through 8 and SexAct03 spectators 1 through 8. Now instead of 8 alias variables you need 80! It does make the code more complicated when it comes to organizing things. Those all have to be added into the packages and logic in creation kit, etc.

That being said, it is certainly possible to do with spectator crowds and I would like to do it. The problem is the morality monitor. Right now a guard is selected who runs up to the player and they have a dialogue where the player chooses certain options etc. What happens if a guard runs up to an NPC? It just becomes a lot more complicated to program those interactions. Is it even worth it when there are other mods like SexCrime that cover the same ground? Are people even using the Morality Guard feature of this mod? I personally do not, but I tested and fixed that component just to get the previous mod working in its entirety. The only way I could have the time to recode this for NPC spectators is by dumping the morality monitor component, so it really depends on how much people want that.

Guest Noova

Personally I'd rather see npc's react to npc's then have the whole Moral Guard implemented. Both would be prefered but if we have to chose...

Jenova - I have looked into this already and it is not a trivial matter, but it is certainly possible - Random Sex is a textbook example mod.

The thing that makes making these things for the player character only so simple is that you need an alias for every participant in the spectator crowd. The player character cannot simultaneously participate in multiple sex acts, so if you want 8 spectators you can simply define them and their logic:

Spectator01

Spectator02

etc., up to

Spectator08

Which is not bad. The problem is that when you involve NPCs there can be multiple sex acts going on. You need a slot for each spectator for each sex act defined in the script. If you want your cap to be 10 simultaneous sex acts you would have to define:

SexAct01Spectator01

SexAct01Spectator02

etc. up to SexAct01Spectator08

Then you need SexAct02 Spectators 1 through 8 and SexAct03 spectators 1 through 8. Now instead of 8 alias variables you need 80! It does make the code more complicated when it comes to organizing things. Those all have to be added into the packages and logic in creation kit, etc.

That being said, it is certainly possible to do with spectator crowds and I would like to do it. The problem is the morality monitor. Right now a guard is selected who runs up to the player and they have a dialogue where the player chooses certain options etc. What happens if a guard runs up to an NPC? It just becomes a lot more complicated to program those interactions. Is it even worth it when there are other mods like SexCrime that cover the same ground? Are people even using the Morality Guard feature of this mod? I personally do not, but I tested and fixed that component just to get the previous mod working in its entirety. The only way I could have the time to recode this for NPC spectators is by dumping the morality monitor component, so it really depends on how much people want that.

This WAS true until the Papyrus Utilities mod became available. With that mod you can assign a package to a NPC without requiring the use of a quest alias. Since Papyrus utilities is installed with the framework you can count on it being present too.

I'm not saying you should go ahead and do as requested but I am saying that the tools exist now to make that (and anything else) requiring a NPC use a package a lot simpler.

scriptname ActorUtil Hidden

;/
	Override packages of actors.

These overrides persist through save games. If you override package on same actor
	more than once then the package with highest priority will run, if multiple
	overrides have same priority then last added package will run. Priority ranges
	from 0 to 100 with 100 being highest priority.
/;

; This will add a package to actor that will override its normal behavior. Using this function overrides all packages added from any other location.
function AddPackageOverride(Actor targetActor, Package targetPackage, int priority = 30, int flags = 0) global native

; Remove a previously added package override.
bool function RemovePackageOverride(Actor targetActor, Package targetPackage) global native

; Count how many package overrides are currently on this actor. It will also count ones that's condition isn't met.
int function CountPackageOverride(Actor targetActor) global native

; Remove all package overrides on this actor, including ones that were added by other mods.
int function ClearPackageOverride(Actor targetActor) global native

; Remove this package from all actor overrides.
int function RemoveAllPackageOverride(Package targetPackage) global native

WaxenFigure - fantastic!

The only potential hurdle then that I can see is the dialogue the characters say (in Misc->Dialogue->Hello in the quest). Right now the way that dialogue is selected is through relatively Global SexIsProhibited and PlayerIsVictim variables. I don't like this because it's not realistic for everybody to react in the same way to a public sex act. Right now, if sex is prohibited, everybody condemns it, and if it is allowed, everybody claps and cheers it on. Having some naysayers and some cheerers would be more realistic, but how do I control who says what line and who does what? Whether people are clapping or not is controlled by the package, but the dialogue is controlled by the conditionals in the quest. I had a closer look at the PapyrusUtil package and it looks like it has a StorageUtil that would allow me to store for a given actor whether they should be enjoying the public sex display or not. But it does not look like I could easily pull this data in a conditional... Unless you have another suggestion there?

EDIT: nevermind, factions might work well enough for this

Perhaps you should use voice types in the conditionals like the vanilla game does.

WaxenFigure - if I understand you, that won't do exactly what I want. The mod as it is tailors the reactions based on the type of sex and whether it is public or private and whether it is aggressive or normal. The characters say different things if it is a blowjob vs. anal or if it is something they approve of or something they don't. If I am having the more aroused onlookers masturbate, they may say tailored dialogue if they are masturbating. It is not something that I can just have a conditional "if NPC is a redguard woman, say this". I think factions will work for what I want, because if I put the masturbating NPCs into a masturbators faction, I can have them say custom dialogue using that as a condition.. I think!

The way the mod does it right now is with script variables. I am somewhat new to papyrus but I assume those variables will be shared among all instances, so if I have a variable in the main script, something like "sex type = blowjob", and if another thread starts running, it will share that same value for the variable?