View

DeepBlueFrog

I have a question about the view count on the download page I created:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/209-sexlab-alicia-painslut/

The page displays more than 5000 downloads but it has a view count of 0.

Did I miss something when I set it up?

I don't particularly care about the view count but the troubleshooter in me is wondering about the discrepancy :)

No.  It will update eventually.  Just a quirk Feature of the forum software.

FTFY.

It's an important optimization 100% done on purpose, one I could turn off I wanted to.

It's the difference between "Increase this files view count by 1" and "Set this files view count to 5000." The former requires doing something 5000 times, the latter requires doing something 1 time, a huge difference of optimization for a busy database.

No.  It will update eventually.  Just a quirk Feature of the forum software.

FTFY.

It's an important optimization 100% done on purpose, one I could turn off I wanted to.

It's the difference between "Increase this files view count by 1" and "Set this files view count to 5000." The former requires doing something 5000 times, the latter requires doing something 1 time, a huge difference of optimization for a busy database.

That makes sense... thanks :)

Archived