The Beauty Of Skyrim

Zquad1

I think some of you guys are cheating by posting real life pictures  :P

Then again, Skyrim + ENB > Real Life. Seriously, look at some of these pictures. Do you guys suggest an ENB to use? I lost my entire Skyrim folder, so been restarting from scratch.

Well For Starters what can your system handle?  if your wanting to try out ENB's Start with installing this---> ENB FXAA SweetFX Manager and Remover first it can make your life so much easier when experimenting with ENB's this allows you to install & remove ENB's on the Fly & you can save them incase you decide on an ENB you installed previously but couldn't remember what all you installed I use this all the time. & as for an ENB try Seasons of Skyrim ENB True HDR But this is only 1 suggestion there are literally hundreds of ENB's you gotta find one that is to your liking everyone has their own taste, 1 of the most Popular ENB's is "K ENB" unfortunately it's been removed from the Nexus but I know there is a thread here on LL for this ENB.

Here a few examples of the absolute max I tried yet concerning texture mods and ENB preset:

14133889424_e023ba3447_c.jpg
TESV.exe_DX9_20140507_225114 von Sigurd44 auf Flickr

13946987268_82a259945a_c.jpg
TESV.exe_DX9_20140507_225137 von Sigurd44 auf Flickr

13950061260_32b82fcd66_c.jpg
TESV.exe_DX9_20140508_072903 von Sigurd44 auf Flickr

14113459396_c889bdbc6b_c.jpg
TESV.exe_DX9_20140508_075158 von Sigurd44 auf Flickr

13949992057_e5b2d96a94_c.jpg
TESV.exe_DX9_20140508_073327 von Sigurd44 auf Flickr

14133850952_80304fa350_c.jpg
TESV.exe_DX9_20140508_070641 von Sigurd44 auf Flickr

13950189650_0227ca264f_c.jpg
TESV.exe_DX9_20140508_082706 von Sigurd44 auf Flickr

Link to the whole album on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/113740199@N08/sets/72157644155030847/

Official and unofficial High Res Patch unchecked (because I have covered everything with texture replacers), Serenity ENB 7.0 (Screenarchery Preset), playing on 27'' and 1440p.

I am actually able to still play Skyrim with the Serenity Screenarchery Preset, outdoors I have between 25 to 35 fps, indoors around 45 fps. Depends - as usual - on location and indoors on number of light sources and particle settings. This ENB has one of the best DoF and Bloom builds I have ever seen.

Guest Vendayn

I saw you on Nexus. Mine is playable too with ScreenArchery at lowest 20 FPS, average is 30 fps...and I get higher in some areas. Interiors I get 60 FPS (not sure why yours is so low at 45...interiors are so easy to render. Maybe it depends on the interior or something. I did turn SSAO off as I find my eyes are too bad to really notice it. So very little gain (for me) with too much loss in FPS). I never really liked SSAO anyway, but that is just my preference.

Spoiler added as it seems rude a huge post taking up the page.

I have a combination of 4 texture packs (I handpicked the files for best look), with datgrass...performance being safety load (can't play without it) SSME, SKSE (it does something for performance in alpha) and stable ugrids since mine is set to 7

My system is far worse than yours too. So I think your system may be at fault here. Cause no way can mine get really the same FPS as yours and be so much worse for system specs. Yours is so much better. I'll post it again.

Geforce 660GTX 2gb

8 gig DDR 3 ram

i5 3.3 CPU (and its such a crappy low end one)

windows 7 64bit

No SSD drive

All I can suggest is maybe your computer is getting too hot and lowering performance to stop overheating. The reason I say that is...when the PC was in mine and wife's room, our bedroom gets very little airflow and gets so hot even with the door open and window open. I did two things...moved PC to living room (TONS of airflow, and a lot cooler)...and got a bigger case. My old PC case was so small it barely fit the graphics card lol. So that wasn't very optimal probably.

Other than that...my game is so jacked up with graphics, I'm still surprised its playable on my machine. And yes, screenarchery preset fully works...its installed right. Its pretty straight forward following instructions. But I still couldn't play skyrim without the performance mods at all.

Another thing is...remove both inis and get them to regenerate to vanilla. Unless you didn't do any of those bad game breaking tweaks that everyone says "performance inis! DO THESE SETTINGS!" that actually break the game. And only change floatpoint, shadows on grass and whatever other shadow options for trees or whatever, remove AA in the ini (its not needed) and maybe try these papyrus tweaks. Keep in mind, papyrus tweaks are on a system to system basis and also depend how many mods you have and what mods you have...you may find these tweaks break your game. However, vanilla papyrus settings made my scripts not work and more crashing in my game. When I changed it, scripts went back to working normally, better performance and far less (if any) crashing.

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=4.5

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=4.5

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=1000

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

These are the best settings on my PC and mod list. Don't try on an old save, probably want to test it on a new one to prevent saves breaking :P

Don't mean to go this off topic for the thread...but hopefully you figure out why your performance is so low.

Btw, as for textures I use...that could be a part too. I use Summer/Winter (both) from Seasons of Skyrim Project (SOSP)...and parallax texture pack...and a hint of tropical skyrim but not much. Like I said, I hand picked each texture (along with meshes for those textures) from each texture pack. I was afraid it turn out ugly, but it came out really good. I did notice SOSP have pretty optimized textures.

Guest Ragna_Rok

yay! you covered one of my favorite places in all of skyrim... i love that tree that works like a bridge, you know, where you can fight the bandit on... :blush:

you get a cookie for that... *gives cookie* :blush:

I saw you on Nexus. Mine is playable too with ScreenArchery at lowest 20 FPS, average is 30 fps...and I get higher in some areas. Interiors I get 60 FPS (not sure why yours is so low at 45...interiors are so easy to render. Maybe it depends on the interior or something. I did turn SSAO off as I find my eyes are too bad to really notice it. So very little gain (for me) with too much loss in FPS). I never really liked SSAO anyway, but that is just my preference.

Spoiler added as it seems rude a huge post taking up the page.

I have a combination of 4 texture packs (I handpicked the files for best look), with datgrass...performance being safety load (can't play without it) SSME, SKSE (it does something for performance in alpha) and stable ugrids since mine is set to 7

My system is far worse than yours too. So I think your system may be at fault here. Cause no way can mine get really the same FPS as yours and be so much worse for system specs. Yours is so much better. I'll post it again.

Geforce 660GTX 2gb

8 gig DDR 3 ram

i5 3.3 CPU (and its such a crappy low end one)

windows 7 64bit

No SSD drive

All I can suggest is maybe your computer is getting too hot and lowering performance to stop overheating. The reason I say that is...when the PC was in mine and wife's room, our bedroom gets very little airflow and gets so hot even with the door open and window open. I did two things...moved PC to living room (TONS of airflow, and a lot cooler)...and got a bigger case. My old PC case was so small it barely fit the graphics card lol. So that wasn't very optimal probably.

Other than that...my game is so jacked up with graphics, I'm still surprised its playable on my machine. And yes, screenarchery preset fully works...its installed right. Its pretty straight forward following instructions. But I still couldn't play skyrim without the performance mods at all.

Another thing is...remove both inis and get them to regenerate to vanilla. Unless you didn't do any of those bad game breaking tweaks that everyone says "performance inis! DO THESE SETTINGS!" that actually break the game. And only change floatpoint, shadows on grass and whatever other shadow options for trees or whatever, remove AA in the ini (its not needed) and maybe try these papyrus tweaks. Keep in mind, papyrus tweaks are on a system to system basis and also depend how many mods you have and what mods you have...you may find these tweaks break your game. However, vanilla papyrus settings made my scripts not work and more crashing in my game. When I changed it, scripts went back to working normally, better performance and far less (if any) crashing.

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=4.5

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=4.5

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=1000

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

These are the best settings on my PC and mod list. Don't try on an old save, probably want to test it on a new one to prevent saves breaking :P

Don't mean to go this off topic for the thread...but hopefully you figure out why your performance is so low.

Btw, as for textures I use...that could be a part too. I use Summer/Winter (both) from Seasons of Skyrim Project (SOSP)...and parallax texture pack...and a hint of tropical skyrim but not much. Like I said, I hand picked each texture (along with meshes for those textures) from each texture pack. I was afraid it turn out ugly, but it came out really good. I did notice SOSP have pretty optimized textures.

Bloom affects interiors as exteriors in the same way and I have SSAO + Supersampling SSAO set to on, because I like the selfshadow effect especially on body skins....and this effect takes some fps.

I tried many ENB presets, but this one is the most awesome I ever tested.

53725329b3f71.gif 5372532a93d6d.gif 5372532b05cbf.gif 5372532b711f2.gif

You should change the site you use to host your images. The admins frown on those pay per click hosts. Your thumbs look nice, though, very vibrant colors which is rare. A lot of people prefer the grainy, darker sepia toned ENBs these days.

Archived