I'm at a point in my life where I have extra time, so, I have become curious about how difficult it is to learn modding for Fallout 4.  I'd love to see a sexually functioning Yao Guai . What does it take to begin learning how to code? What is a realistic time frame to do so for Fallout 4 adult mods?

Yao Guai.png

• 1 month later...

Just saw this. Don't know if you are still curious, but I would say:

There are two parts here. You need to give the Yao Guai a giant bear penis, and then you need to make animations. 

I don't know how to do the first. But a lot of other people do. It's the same way you make armors and things. 

For the second, you need a bunch of software that doesn't really exist legit anymore. Look for Fallout 4 animation creation guides, when I was getting started you needed 3ds max 2015 (out of print) and havok tools (proprietary, out of print). It took me about 20-30 hours to get the tools and get everything set up, maybe another 20-30 hours to figure out how to make acceptable quality animations and get them working in-game with AAF (the AAF compatibility is the easiest part). 

If you go that road, I have a cobbled together rig txt file for the bones in the Yao Guai, but it is very 'sort of works.'

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Daangerousda said:

Thanks Gray, was looking into it, but yeah, way over my head, pc really slow, but your mods rock, thanks for the work man, changes the game, for the better.

You are very welcome. It was a labor of...not love, a labor of perversion maybe. Just sorry I couldn't get some of the animations to work more cleanly.