[mod] Sexbound Reborn

4 hours ago, MythixXIII said:

Is there a way to enable auto climax for players?

No. You would have to edit the code for that.

1 hour ago, Ivera said:

I'm a bit stumped on how this heat patch is supposed to work.

I've downloaded the source ver. to mod it, created the "avali.species.patch" and inserted all the code yet I still get the horny debuff.
Also, this might sound stupid but does heat only affect a specific gender?

You added it to the source version of Sexbound? That most likely won't work. If you have races off of the Steam workshop, those mods most likely load at priority 0. Sexbound loads at priority -69, so by the time the patches you added to Sexbound load, the species files you are trying to patch into don't even exist yet. I would heavily recommend adding that patch stuff into the SxB patch mod for that race, where the other patches already are, cause those mods make sure to load after the base race.

22 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

No. You would have to edit the code for that.

You added it to the source version of Sexbound? That most likely won't work. If you have races off of the Steam workshop, those mods most likely load at priority 0. Sexbound loads at priority -69, so by the time the patches you added to Sexbound load, the species files you are trying to patch into don't even exist yet. I would heavily recommend adding that patch stuff into the SxB patch mod for that race, where the other patches already are, cause those mods make sure to load after the base race.

So when you say "SxB patch mod for that race" you mean the support mods right?  (Since Avali patch is only pak I'd have to use PAKit to extract it first then add it in there, rePAK it)
Also, if I were to start from scratch with its own mod folder and _metadata couldn't I theoretically adjust priority from there?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ivera said:

So when you say "SxB patch mod for that race" you mean the support mods right?  (Since Avali patch is only pak I'd have to use PAKit to extract it first then add it in there, rePAK it)
Also, if I were to start from scratch with its own mod folder and _metadata couldn't I theoretically adjust priority from there?

Yes and yes. Though re-pak-ing is not necessary. You also don't really need PAKit. Just shift-rightclickt -> open Powershell window here.

..\win32\asset_unpacker.exe .\<avali SxB pak name>.pak ".\avali SxB"

And you'd need to unpak the mod anyway to figure out which priority it has, to make your own mod load after.

Edited by Erina Sugino
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Yes and yes. Though re-pak-ing is not necessary. You also don't really need PAKit. Just shift-rightclickt -> open Powershell window here.

..\win32\asset_unpacker.exe .\<avali SxB pak name>.pak ".\avali SxB"

And you'd need to unpak the mod anyway to figure out which priority it has, to make your own mod load after.

I've made the mod so it's priority is higher (21) than the Avali SxB patch itself (20). Now I'm just standing here in-game awkwardly waiting for something to happen. 😆 
Still got no idea how the powershell works so I'll just stick to PAKit for ease of use.
Also, just to double check, this is how the mod is supposed to be structured right?

Screenshot2024-05-24004758.png.6f6dde18a8e0fa11372f2d0a90518844.png

Screenshot2024-05-24004813.png.7d38025a6aedd78a572934dc81a93ad6.png

Screenshot2024-05-24004836.png.69a6adae7aab02da5ba73d98335619e8.png

Edit: The heat mechanic completely replaces the arousal debuff so that means I won't see the "Horny" and "Pent Up" debuffs anymore, is that correct?

(There was nothing about this mechanic on github so it's all incredibly confusing. 😅)

Edited by Ivera
17 minutes ago, Ivera said:

I've made the mod so it's priority is higher (21) than the Avali SxB patch itself (20). Now I'm just standing here in-game awkwardly waiting for something to happen. 😆 
Still got no idea how the powershell works so I'll just stick to PAKit for ease of use.
Also, just to double check, this is how the mod is supposed to be structured right?

Edit: The heat mechanic completely replaces the arousal debuff so that means I won't see the "Horny" and "Pent Up" debuffs anymore, is that correct?

(There was nothing about this mechanic on github so it's all incredibly confusing. 😅)

Correct²

Speaking of, I get the feeling the sexbound directory itself really doesn't much care for anything modding it externally.

I've been trying to patch it by tweaking the metadata file and it refuses to cooperate, but if I just merge the mod itself into the sexbound directory then everything works.

1 hour ago, ActualDonglord said:

Speaking of, I get the feeling the sexbound directory itself really doesn't much care for anything modding it externally.

I've been trying to patch it by tweaking the metadata file and it refuses to cooperate, but if I just merge the mod itself into the sexbound directory then everything works.

That's not how mods work. You can only patch assets, not the metadata, and then only files that are JSON.

The _metadata file just tells Starbound what your mod is and when and how to load it.

Sorry, no I mean I've been tweaking the metadata file of the mod. adjusting priority and what not to no avail. I don't believe anything I'm going after is LUA, as the stuff I'm set up to patch is all .config, .frames, .patch and .object files in the objects and positions folder respectively.

So, little observing of in_heat mechanic. No log because it's too long and don't have any interesting data. (All logs level tagged on true, but have nothing)

1. Looks like Rage baff from chemist crewmember can erase In_Heat debaff. (Discovered upon returning to the ship and after eating the appropriate food)

2. Ovulation and in_heat works independent from each other, so heat baff +10% to fertility just worthless if they both not stuck in one time cycle (Ovulation may need to be disabled if heat compatibility is used or may be tied to heat?)

3. In Heat debuff work... not as I was expected.. No slow moving or reducing armor\health\energy. Only funny moaning from time to time and nothing more.

Google translate. Yes.

6 hours ago, Nanosentinel said:

So, little observing of in_heat mechanic. No log because it's too long and don't have any interesting data. (All logs level tagged on true, but have nothing)

1. Looks like Rage baff from chemist crewmember can erase In_Heat debaff. (Discovered upon returning to the ship and after eating the appropriate food)

2. Ovulation and in_heat works independent from each other, so heat baff +10% to fertility just worthless if they both not stuck in one time cycle (Ovulation may need to be disabled if heat compatibility is used or may be tied to heat?)

3. In Heat debuff work... not as I was expected.. No slow moving or reducing armor\health\energy. Only funny moaning from time to time and nothing more.

Google translate. Yes.

1. I'll need to look into that. What "food" are we talking about here?

2. That is by design. I can consider linking these two, but they are both balanced vastly different. Ovulation triggers much more often than heat.

3. I have tested this with the strong arousal debuff (which uses the same code for this as the heat debuff), and can confirm the speed reduction works. It's just so subtle one might not realize it when not paying close attention. Can't say anything for the strength, but it's done the way Starbound itself does it in vanilla. The only "strangth" decrease is to attack damage.

2 hours ago, TheJuanPieceisReal said:

How would we add the heat effect to vanilla races and does it apply only to new characters or would it retroactively effect old characters? Been playing on the same fenerox and even after my patch it doesn't work

The process is the same for all species. You need to patch the .species file of that species and add the "sxbUseHeat": true data to it. Keep two things in mind: A, the exact spelling is now "sxbUseHeat". Not Uses. B, if you patch modded races, do so in the races' dedicated SxB support patch. If you do it in SBR itself, the patch might apply before the race is even loaded, patching thin air.

Yes, it works fully retroactively.

16 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Correct²

Yippee, it works! Thanks for the assistance.

Last thing of note, Avali head sprites seem to disappear for one frame post-climax. Know what's up with that?

6 hours ago, Ivera said:

Yippee, it works! Thanks for the assistance.

Last thing of note, Avali head sprites seem to disappear for one frame post-climax. Know what's up with that?

Is it only Avali?

On 5/21/2024 at 3:25 AM, Salomão69 said:

Something is going wrong in my game.
When I start some node, stop is ok, but when I try to use some positions, the sexual interaction goes wrong, with actor 2 disappearing and my role simply getting stuck in the air.
And when I leave the node, a copy of me remains to be transferred, in addition to not allowing me to change position.

Update: The Sexbound GiC support mod is causing this.

16 minutes ago, Salomão69 said:

Is it incompatible with the update?

Until it's updated, yes.

Though from my understanding you can easily fix this yourself.

Un-pak the mod, go to "/artworks/humanoid" and remove the two ".animation" files.

2 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Until it's updated, yes.

Though from my understanding you can easily fix this yourself.

Un-pak the mod, go to "/artworks/humanoid" and remove the two ".animation" files.

But won't there be some sexual positions?

1 hour ago, Salomão69 said:

But won't there be some sexual positions?

I don't understand the question.

As far as I know, the GiC Sexbound patch just includes a duplicate of the 1.1 animation files for no reason whatsoever, breaking 1.2 SBR in turn. Removing those stray files fixes it.

3 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

I don't understand the question.

As far as I know, the GiC Sexbound patch just includes a duplicate of the 1.1 animation files for no reason whatsoever, breaking 1.2 SBR in turn. Removing those stray files fixes it.

I understood

Hey, sorry if anyone already asked, but I'm having a problem with the "Extended Dialogue" feature from Reborn, that seems not to trigger dialogue for modded races, even when they do had custom dialogues in the original Sexbound (for example, Avali).

3 hours ago, G-P-S said:

Hey, sorry if anyone already asked, but I'm having a problem with the "Extended Dialogue" feature from Reborn, that seems not to trigger dialogue for modded races, even when they do had custom dialogues in the original Sexbound (for example, Avali).

As mentioned in the patchnotes, the sextalk system was completely reworked in V1.2 and is not backwards compatible. Any and all mods that added sextalk dialog (of which I didn't know there were any to begin with) will not function until updated to the new structure.

Until that is done - or in case it will never be done for a given mod, you can use the very basic automatic conversion tool I posted in this post 2 pages ago, to manually convert the dialog to the new structure (for as long as it only affects normal penetration dialog). You will most likely also edit position configs/the patches a mod makes to those in order to update the filepath.

1 hour ago, xKarmaStrike2 said:

is it normal that when i try to start a sex animation both me and the partner vanishes

Funnily enough - no, it isn't!

If you want to know more, give us your log file.

Posted (edited)

Random question: when using dildos from Lustbound, certain modded species have issues due to the head rotation on that animation.  Specifically, Neki ears are part of their body sprite, so you will have ears floating or coming out of your forehead when you try to use those items.  See here.

Is there an easy way for a not-super-technically-inclined user to fix this themselves?  Or alternatively if there isn't, would it be possible to disable the head rotation for those items (so they are more like the wooden fuck post, which doesn't suffer from the same issue since it doesn't rotate your character's head) - or even to disable it just for Neki (no idea if that is easier or harder)?

Edited by kestrelian