[mod] Sexbound Reborn

3 hours ago, SoFluffy101 said:

How would I know what the species in the in game files would be called for this? Or would it just be the name you see in game? Like say, the Avali for example.

Usually they are called the same as they are named, but always lowercase. So the Avali are, indeed, "avali". In case of doubt, follow the advice of _KT_ and unpak the race compat mod (if it is a .pak in the first place), then either look at the "sexbound.config.patch" for what value is added to the player allowed species, or look at "/species/<the_race_you_are_looking_at>.species.patch"

Started getting an issue where options are missing from the wheel and my character turns all blank and white when initiating any sex thing. I finally looked in the game's log and it says something about not being able to load image assets. I know for a fact that this mod worked perfectly fine until I added some additional mods that I'm certain I've removed, but the problem persists even with new characters. 

Please help. I think something got overwritten and I'm not sure how to fix it. 

starbound.log

15 minutes ago, keradi01 said:

Started getting an issue where options are missing from the wheel and my character turns all blank and white when initiating any sex thing. I finally looked in the game's log and it says something about not being able to load image assets. I know for a fact that this mod worked perfectly fine until I added some additional mods that I'm certain I've removed, but the problem persists even with new characters. 

Please help. I think something got overwritten and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Well, this log does not contain any errors regarding Sexbound. The many errors at the beginning are messups in other mods and the image asset "errors" at the bottom are normal. POV tries to load every image it would need, and only displays things when they're existent. However, by doing that Starbound will throw a million error messages.

Now as for what might be going wrong for you - first off, what qualifies as "options missing from the wheel"? Sex positions are only available when their requirements are fulfilled. Monsters (seeing as you have Teratophilia and monster hormones) generally have less, a maximum of 3 iirc. Two female actors only have one position available. There are only 4 positions supporting 3 actors, and so on. The only thing questionable so far would be "character turning all blank and white". I'll need more explanation on that one.

40 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Well, this log does not contain any errors regarding Sexbound. The many errors at the beginning are messups in other mods and the image asset "errors" at the bottom are normal. POV tries to load every image it would need, and only displays things when they're existent. However, by doing that Starbound will throw a million error messages.

Now as for what might be going wrong for you - first off, what qualifies as "options missing from the wheel"? Sex positions are only available when their requirements are fulfilled. Monsters (seeing as you have Teratophilia and monster hormones) generally have less, a maximum of 3 iirc. Two female actors only have one position available. There are only 4 positions supporting 3 actors, and so on. The only thing questionable so far would be "character turning all blank and white". I'll need more explanation on that one.

Missing options as in, none of them are available for numerous different sex node types. As for that last one, it's as I said, my character is effectively replaced with a "blank" character once activating a sex node, and changing back to normal when I exit it. The blank character is all white, has no hair, no other features, and has a human base even with non-human races. I think this is the "placeholder default" that is mentioned in the log, but I can't say for certain. And rather than initiate a sex position upon start, the actors just stand there doing nothing until I leave the node. 

I've already tried validating files in case it's the base game acting up. Twice. I also straight up deleted and replaced SBR and am about ready to do that for every other mod as well, but it would be great if you or someone else figures out what went wrong in the first place so it can be avoided. 

9 minutes ago, keradi01 said:

Missing options as in, none of them are available for numerous different sex node types. As for that last one, it's as I said, my character is effectively replaced with a "blank" character once activating a sex node, and changing back to normal when I exit it. The blank character is all white, has no hair, no other features, and has a human base even with non-human races. I think this is the "placeholder default" that is mentioned in the log, but I can't say for certain. And rather than initiate a sex position upon start, the actors just stand there doing nothing until I leave the node. 

I've already tried validating files in case it's the base game acting up. Twice. I also straight up deleted and replaced SBR and am about ready to do that for every other mod as well, but it would be great if you or someone else figures out what went wrong in the first place so it can be avoided. 

Ok, so. I don't know why it would turn "white", unless - maybe - this has something to do with the colors your character has. However, I was suspecting this - I see from the errors that you have at least one modded race installed (the Kitsune) and I'm gonna assume that you are playing with/as them. You, however, do not have the Kitsune compat patch (if that even exists, not fully sure right now) installed. Races need patches to function fully with Sexbound, non supported races are just replaced with a bald human (the most generic, guaranteed available fallback) as you have experienced.

Second, that nothing is initiated on it's own upon entering the node is normal and intended. One of the changes SBR has over OG SxB is that idling is now a proper state (to technically make one-actor positions like masturbating possible), so the node always starts out in idling state. Nothing will happen unelss you choose a position. NPCs never choose a position as long as a player is present.

Now finally for the last problem. None of the positions available shouldn't happen, there is always at least one compatible (except for maybe FxFxF) position available. There is also, again, no error regarding Sexbound - usually the UI crashed when that happens, but you have all the right version of all the mods that usually do crash it, and there is no error spam, so the UI works fine.

So the last option would be - are you perhaps alone in the sexnode? There are no solo actor positions yet. New stuff is in the making, but not by myself so I sadly can't tell you when it will be done. But yes, when you're alone, naturally nothing is available. Because you can't have sex with yourself.

7 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Ok, so. I don't know why it would turn "white", unless - maybe - this has something to do with the colors your character has. However, I was suspecting this - I see from the errors that you have at least one modded race installed (the Kitsune) and I'm gonna assume that you are playing with/as them. You, however, do not have the Kitsune compat patch (if that even exists, not fully sure right now) installed. Races need patches to function fully with Sexbound, non supported races are just replaced with a bald human (the most generic, guaranteed available fallback) as you have experienced.

Second, that nothing is initiated on it's own upon entering the node is normal and intended. One of the changes SBR has over OG SxB is that idling is now a proper state (to technically make one-actor positions like masturbating possible), so the node always starts out in idling state. Nothing will happen unelss you choose a position. NPCs never choose a position as long as a player is present.

Now finally for the last problem. None of the positions available shouldn't happen, there is always at least one compatible (except for maybe FxFxF) position available. There is also, again, no error regarding Sexbound - usually the UI crashed when that happens, but you have all the right version of all the mods that usually do crash it, and there is no error spam, so the UI works fine.

So the last option would be - are you perhaps alone in the sexnode? There are no solo actor positions yet. New stuff is in the making, but not by myself so I sadly can't tell you when it will be done. But yes, when you're alone, naturally nothing is available. Because you can't have sex with yourself.

Okay, so I've tested with the base human, and activating a node instead strips them and then has them standing there with no potential positions to choose from. Also, I did try just redownloading the mods. It didn't work. 

And no, I've checked with different monsters as well as a floren NPC. Not trying anything solo. I've got an updated log if that helps. 

starbound.log

17 minutes ago, keradi01 said:

Okay, so I've tested with the base human, and activating a node instead strips them and then has them standing there with no potential positions to choose from. Also, I did try just redownloading the mods. It didn't work. 

And no, I've checked with different monsters as well as a floren NPC. Not trying anything solo. I've got an updated log if that helps.

I need you to turn on "info" and "debug" level logging. Open the main "sexbound.config" file, scroll to the bottom and set those two options in the "logLevel" section to "true". Then try again, and send me the log afterwards.

11 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

I need you to turn on "info" and "debug" level logging. Open the main "sexbound.config" file, scroll to the bottom and set those two options in the "logLevel" section to "true". Then try again, and send me the log afterwards.

Did as you said, made a new character (base human again), and tried having sex with a bat. The same issue persists, so hopefully the extra info is helpful. 

starbound.log

13 minutes ago, keradi01 said:

Did as you said, made a new character (base human again), and tried having sex with a bat. The same issue persists, so hopefully the extra info is helpful.

Ok, so in these two instances both you and the monster are female. The only position available for FxF is facesitting, which usually doesn't exist for monsters (only 3/8 in total available for most of them). That's why nothing shows up. Most monsters should have a random chance to spawn male or female, don't know the specifics though.

Alternatively, of course, you could also turn on the "forceAllPositions" setting if you don't care about the sex positions making any sense, then all positions are always available regardless of gender.

Edited by Erina Sugino
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, PlagueIncorperated said:

Does this have support for other species? I.E. the avali?

If there is a compat mod for that race, yes. Sexbound itself will natively only ever support the vanilla base races.

[MacOS] Whenever I start the game, it plays the startup animation and then crashes. I've been attempting to troubleshoot and fix the problem myself for 8 crashes now, and on my current attempt, I looked at the logs and it said:  "[Error] Exception caught loading asset: /artwork/humanoid/twoactors-centered.animation, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /artwork/humanoid/twoactors-centered.animation".

Immediately afterwards, there was another error, this time causing the game to shut down:  "[Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ObjectException) Error loading object '/objects/sextoyrare/sexbound_fleshlight_janine/sexbound_fleshlight_janine.object': (AssetException) Error loading asset /artwork/humanoid/twoactors-centered.animation".

I came here to ask for help because I cant find a solution to the issue, because the pieces of code mentioned in the errors are in the zip file, but when I look inside the zip file, it's all encrypted. What do I do?

starbound log 8.log

45 minutes ago, Muna55 said:

[MacOS] Whenever I start the game, it plays the startup animation and then crashes. I've been attempting to troubleshoot and fix the problem myself for 8 crashes now, and on my current attempt, I looked at the logs and it said:  "[Error] Exception caught loading asset: /artwork/humanoid/twoactors-centered.animation, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /artwork/humanoid/twoactors-centered.animation".

Immediately afterwards, there was another error, this time causing the game to shut down:  "[Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ObjectException) Error loading object '/objects/sextoyrare/sexbound_fleshlight_janine/sexbound_fleshlight_janine.object': (AssetException) Error loading asset /artwork/humanoid/twoactors-centered.animation".

I came here to ask for help because I cant find a solution to the issue, because the pieces of code mentioned in the errors are in the zip file, but when I look inside the zip file, it's all encrypted. What do I do?

https://github.com/ErinaSugino/Starbound-SBR-Mod/wiki/Advanced-Troubleshooting

2 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

If there is a compat mod for that race, yes. Sexbound itself will natively only ever support the vanilla base races.

Playing as the avali, is there a way to get myself pregnant? I’ve been using the “go fuck yourself” mod to attempt to impregnate myself, I have used the pills to increase fertility as well but it doesn’t seem to be working. Is there a way to fix that or is there another mod or something?

1 hour ago, PlagueIncorperated said:

Playing as the avali, is there a way to get myself pregnant? I’ve been using the “go fuck yourself” mod to attempt to impregnate myself, I have used the pills to increase fertility as well but it doesn’t seem to be working. Is there a way to fix that or is there another mod or something?

By default, self-impregnation is disabled. You can turn on the setting "enableAsexualReproduction" to change that.

5 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

By default, self-impregnation is disabled. You can turn on the setting "enableAsexualReproduction" to change that.

So pretty much to summarize. I just need the support mod for the avali then change asexual reproduction setting to true and then fuck myself using the GFY machine and that's it? i dont need anything else? and im just asking for clarification 

8 hours ago, PlagueIncorperated said:

So pretty much to summarize. I just need the support mod for the avali then change asexual reproduction setting to true and then fuck myself using the GFY machine and that's it? i dont need anything else? and im just asking for clarification 

Correct. Every problem beyond this classifies as "a bug".

6 minutes ago, PlagueIncorperated said:

I'm still unable to get myself pregnant. Even with all those checked. should I just let it go? everything else is fine I jsut cant seem to get myself pregnant

Well, there is another thing that would inevitably come into play when fucking yourself with both genders. Are you playing as a male?

For player characters - enabled by default - there is the ovulation cycle. Every couple in-game days you start ovulation, and only during this time can you get pregnant. Your clone will count as a player - as it originates from a player entity - and as such will need to be ovulating to become pregnant. If you, however, are playing as a male you will never ovulate, and as such your clone never will. The only way to bypass this is to turn the ovulation cycle mechanic off.

There is also weirdly undefined behavior with sub-genders, which is why I am considering reworking GFY myself as an "SBR compatible" version, but for now it is what it is.

17 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Well, there is another thing that would inevitably come into play when fucking yourself with both genders. Are you playing as a male?

For player characters - enabled by default - there is the ovulation cycle. Every couple in-game days you start ovulation, and only during this time can you get pregnant. Your clone will count as a player - as it originates from a player entity - and as such will need to be ovulating to become pregnant. If you, however, are playing as a male you will never ovulate, and as such your clone never will. The only way to bypass this is to turn the ovulation cycle mechanic off.

There is also weirdly undefined behavior with sub-genders, which is why I am considering reworking GFY myself as an "SBR compatible" version, but for now it is what it is.

Saying that I am playing as female probably would have been a smart idea to inform you on. I am playing as a female avali. I'm also assuming that the "unsafe day" has a role in the ovulation cycle?

2 hours ago, PlagueIncorperated said:

Saying that I am playing as female probably would have been a smart idea to inform you on. I am playing as a female avali. I'm also assuming that the "unsafe day" has a role in the ovulation cycle?

The "Unsafe Day" buff informs you that you are currently in the ovulation period during which pregnancies can happen. As a female player you also have the option to take a "Fertility Pill (strong)" to trigger the ovulation "immediately" for easier testing/boredom of waiting. (10 second delay. Also set's fertility to a guaranteed 100% for a short while.)

2 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

The "Unsafe Day" buff informs you that you are currently in the ovulation period during which pregnancies can happen. As a female player you also have the option to take a "Fertility Pill (strong)" to trigger the ovulation "immediately" for easier testing/boredom of waiting. (10 second delay. Also set's fertility to a guaranteed 100% for a short while.)

So I have been playing the game for a long while and never once did I ever get the unsafe day. Only when I put the avali in “compatibleSpecies” table did the buff appear. Even with that and asexual reproduction enabled I still couldn’t get myself pregnant. I tried the fertility pill  but it just wasn’t working. I’ve fucked and came like 20 times for both me and the male version (manually might I add because for some reason auto cumming won’t trigger) but I just can’t seem to get it to work.