On 5/27/2023 at 10:22 AM, Mister X said:

You can try if that one works for you. Will require a new game, though. I switched the main scanning method and only use PapyrusUtil as a fallback, so it should work better.

If there's enough confirmation that it works reliably even on VR, I might remove the PapyrusUtil scanning alltogether.

SL Nights NG-0.7.0.zip 59.28 kB · 7 downloads

Oh my god!! I didn't see that message. Thank you so much Mister X.

I wil try and I will confirm but Gobro69 do it. 

So I'm very happy and I hope that works. :D

Scanning has become worse v0.7.0(scanning 3 sec, enemies-on, stop when found-off), now there may not be any scenes in the dungeons at all,  now npc do not interrupt their sleep for sex, and most of them come home only to sleep. Same-sex and solo scenes(with smaller values) happen more often than m/w
*Two mod reinstalls with a new game, bandits don't do anything in Falls Barrow, once when re-entering the location, the scan worked and the solo scene started. Gerdur and Hod have never been together in their 3 days/nights at their house. This did not happen in 0.6.4

36 minutes ago, virepef642 said:

Scanning has become worse v0.7.0(scanning 3 sec, enemies-on, stop when found-off), now there may not be any scenes in the dungeons at all,  now npc do not interrupt their sleep for sex, and most of them come home only to sleep. Same-sex and solo scenes(with smaller values) happen more often than m/w
*Two mod reinstalls with a new game, bandits don't do anything in Falls Barrow, once when re-entering the location, the scan worked and the solo scene started. Gerdur and Hod have never been together in their 3 days/nights at their house. This did not happen in 0.6.4

I will have a look at it. The thing is, I just copied the conditional checks if an actor is valid to a scanning quest instead of Papyrus. So the outcome should be the same. I'll see if I can find something

37 minutes ago, virepef642 said:

now npc do not interrupt their sleep for sex

That should have been the case all along.

On 5/7/2023 at 9:08 AM, Mister X said:

0.6.4 is the version of SL Nights NG (working title) - probably will become SL Nights v2.0 when I consider it to be stable enough.

It already is quite stable and has tons of improvement over the older SL Nights. Most prominent will be the possibility to handle mutliple scenes at once.

1) What version are you using, 1.3 or any NG beta?

Next, for me and several others it does work like it should, so based on your information I can tell: probably something's wrong on your end.

Do you have a log for me? This could help.

I have both SLN and SLN-NG and, guess what, Ulfberth War-Bear is cheating on his wife every night!

As a consequence, Adrianne is constantly aroused because she's not having sex at night!

I guess somebody should take care of her...

You implemented cheating in NG or it's just something in my mod-list?

14 hours ago, SoGi1978 said:

I have both SLN and SLN-NG and, guess what, Ulfberth War-Bear is cheating on his wife every night!

As a consequence, Adrianne is constantly aroused because she's not having sex at night!

I guess somebody should take care of her...

You implemented cheating in NG or it's just something in my mod-list?

I guess it's more a result of using SLN and NG at the same time. But I have no clue, as cheating isn't implemented in either version (yet).

23 hours ago, virepef642 said:

I have checked it and TBH, I have no idea why it's so bad for you. Do you have a log file for me?

As I said, the conditions about whether an actor is a valid partner are still the same, just the scanning method changed. And that should have sped things up not slow them down as more things are done via native engine structures

10 hours ago, Rastasta12 said:

This still don't work in vr scanning crash on a rieckling from sic and also crashes when scanning stormcloack soldier from immersive patrols 2

I don't use VR so it's hard for me to debug. I need logs to do that properly. I'd say it doesn't matter what is being scanned. I'm not even sure if the mod works with Rieklings, never tested it.

Additionally, I didn't remove the PapyrusUtil method of scanning (which is the most likely candidate of crashing a VR game), I left it in as backup method. So for you, the main scanning method doesn't work for some reason. And here logs could be helpful ;) 

BTW, all of this only counts for v0.7 of the NG version. If you're still using v1.3, that most probably will crash in VR, as it still only uses PapyrusUtil

Edited by Mister X
12 hours ago, BeefyJackal said:

This doesn't work for me for some reason. The mod appears in the MCM but nothing more. Console doesn't show that it's "scanning" or anything. Is sexlab the only requirement and is the latest version compatible? 

Let me double check, I think I forgot SL Arousal as new requirement.

Though apart from that, where do you want scenes to happen? Are there any people around? Is it night time?

Really thank you for the update with better customize option in MCM. 

It is possible, however, to include some kind of incest ban in the cheating option?

To give an example, I've found that Lucan and Camilla often committed the act (especially before the player's completion of golden claw quest) since only they two are staying in the trader's cell during the night...

1 hour ago, y_sengaku said:

Really thank you for the update with better customize option in MCM. 

It is possible, however, to include some kind of incest ban in the cheating option?

To give an example, I've found that Lucan and Camilla often committed the act (especially before the player's completion of golden claw quest) since only they two are staying in the trader's cell during the night...

That's an interesting finding, as the mod normally should try and block this already. Parent+Children, Siblings and Cousin relationships should be treated as invalid and I won't add a toggle for that.

The only thing I could imagine is, that the mod tried to start an orgy with only two actors for some reason. With orgies, it only checks relationships against the last added actor, to reduce Papyrus stress. May be a bug, I've added a bit that tries to prevent orgies if only two actors are available.

Will test it shortly and then upload it.

3 hours ago, Mister X said:

Let me double check, I think I forgot SL Arousal as new requirement.

Though apart from that, where do you want scenes to happen? Are there any people around? Is it night time?

ahh yes. I didn't have any arousal mods intsalled. I was waiting at inns and going through houses at nights and nothing ever happened. After installing OSL Aroused a scene immediately started at an inn. Thanks! But still there is no scanning notifications in the console. Is this normal?

Edited by BeefyJackal
2 hours ago, BeefyJackal said:

But still there is no scanning notifications in the console. Is this normal?

Yes, I didn't see the need. It tells you once that it generally starts scanning at dusk, that's all. You get some debug info in the MCM, too, eg whether enemy scenes may happen at that moment.

18 hours ago, Mister X said:

That's an interesting finding, as the mod normally should try and block this already. Parent+Children, Siblings and Cousin relationships should be treated as invalid and I won't add a toggle for that.

The only thing I could imagine is, that the mod tried to start an orgy with only two actors for some reason. With orgies, it only checks relationships against the last added actor, to reduce Papyrus stress. May be a bug, I've added a bit that tries to prevent orgies if only two actors are available.

Will test it shortly and then upload it.

Thank you for your quick response (and sorry for my late one). 

Just for your reference: I have also got this act between siblings even though I set Orgy as 0.0 in MCM, so there might also be another possible loophole in the main polling routine. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on VR and hanging out at the Bannered Mare and engagements are working properly.  No CTDs.  I happen to suck at sneaking though and keep getting caught peeping.  It doesn't help though that actors don't know how to keep their voices quiet so the entire tavern knows what they're up to.  I just happened to be curious...

For immersion, it'd be pretty cool if the actors could say their trespassing lines.  Peeping on a girl before she throws out her "Can't a woman get a little privacy?" line would really make this, I think =D

Edited by quietlychamil
On 7/10/2023 at 3:51 AM, quietlychamil said:

I'm on VR and hanging out at the Bannered Mare and engagements are working properly.  No CTDs.  I happen to suck at sneaking though and keep getting caught peeping.  It doesn't help though that actors don't know how to keep their voices quiet so the entire tavern knows what they're up to.  I just happened to be curious...

For immersion, it'd be pretty cool if the actors could say their trespassing lines.  Peeping on a girl before she throws out her "Can't a woman get a little privacy?" line would really make this, I think =D

I agree with this request.

I supose that is a lot of work but it will be very immersive if someone is caught in a masturbation event she said:

"Can't a woman get a little privacy?".

The only issue that I have found is that inside the Temple of Kynareth the femenine NPC (I can't remember the name) started a masturbation animation in a bed but she was in the room of the man (I don't remember the name too) so while the girl was masturbating the man was trying to sleep and they put at the same time in the same bed causing a small bug.

There is a way that an NPC will recognise their room and his bed??

I love this mod. :)

• 2 weeks later...