Great job with the latest update. It seems the finding beds may have been an issue in earlier versions because everything is running significantly smoother now and I actually see more than 1 scene happening at a time.

QQ about the finding algorithm though, once someone is paired for the night does that NPC get removed from future searches or is there the possibility of them participating in multiple acts per night?

5 minutes ago, HabibHanson said:

QQ about the finding algorithm though, once someone is paired for the night does that NPC get removed from future searches or is there the possibility of them participating in multiple acts per night?

One scene per actor per night, to have a little bit more variance ;)

The scene needs to start though, once a SexlabAnimStart event fired, the NPC is blocked for the rest of the night.

On 4/21/2023 at 1:46 PM, Mister X said:

One scene per actor per night, to have a little bit more variance ;)

The scene needs to start though, once a SexlabAnimStart event fired, the NPC is blocked for the rest of the night.

Neat, I'll need to take that into consideration since long nights may be prone to running out of dudes.

Hello
As as suggestion, would it be possible to add a re-try cool down or something to that effect?

What I noticed happens is.

I was in an inn and 2 NPC would walk into my room, jump on the bed, realise they are being seen, then politely walk of my room.
Once the scanner re-runs (I have mine set to 90s) those 2 same NPCs walk back into my room, and so begins a loop.

45 minutes ago, DrSeptimus said:

Was wondering if exhibitionist trait would be add... where those ppl won't mind other seeing them having sex.

What do you mean? Scenes always only could be interrupted by the player, not by NPCs, to lighten the stress on the engine. And for that interruption, there's already a toggle, "Stop when found". Un-tick that, and they ignore you.

Or do mean they should start scenes in the middle of the room, without searching a bed first? That won't happen, this mod is meant to add some seemingly realistic love life to NPCs, not as a random match maker ;) 

22 minutes ago, -alpha- said:

Hello
As as suggestion, would it be possible to add a re-try cool down or something to that effect?

What I noticed happens is.

I was in an inn and 2 NPC would walk into my room, jump on the bed, realise they are being seen, then politely walk of my room.
Once the scanner re-runs (I have mine set to 90s) those 2 same NPCs walk back into my room, and so begins a loop.

Hmm, that's bad luck then. The mod searches for any random valid person as initiator and then fills the scene type (mf, ff, ...) with any fitting partner(s).
So it's just either bad luck that those two were partnered again or nobody else in that inn was available for a scene anymore. For the bed it looks for the closest one to the initiator, that's unoccupied and tries to avoid simple bedrolls while doing so.

How often did that loop happen? If it's a small inn, with only one occupied bed and a few guests, that scenario might come up sometimes.

It won't be easy though to keep track of unstarted scenes. Once a scene starts, even if it gets interrupted, its participants then are blocked from other scenes for the rest of the night.

For unstarted scenes, I'd have to keep track of the partners, block them for a certain amount of time or the next scan and then unblock them again. That would be harder to accomplish than it sounds, and probably would be prone to bugs, so I'm not sure whether I'll try that.

3 hours ago, Mister X said:

Or do mean they should start scenes in the middle of the room, without searching a bed first? That won't happen, this mod is meant to add some seemingly realistic love life to NPCs, not as a random match maker ;) 

Shame...I was assuming it would have some features that FO4 night mod have. Such as female NPC being rape at night or going on exhibitionist streak late at night. I guess this mod is for soft side. 

What do you mean? Scenes always only could be interrupted by the player, not by NPCs, to lighten the stress on the engine. And for that interruption, there's already a toggle, "Stop when found". Un-tick that, and they ignore you.

Hmm, that's bad luck then. The mod searches for any random valid person as initiator and then fills the scene type (mf, ff, ...) with any fitting partner(s).
So it's just either bad luck that those two were partnered again or nobody else in that inn was available for a scene anymore. For the bed it looks for the closest one to the initiator, that's unoccupied and tries to avoid simple bedrolls while doing so.

How often did that loop happen? If it's a small inn, with only one occupied bed and a few guests, that scenario might come up sometimes.

It won't be easy though to keep track of unstarted scenes. Once a scene starts, even if it gets interrupted, its participants then are blocked from other scenes for the rest of the night.

For unstarted scenes, I'd have to keep track of the partners, block them for a certain amount of time or the next scan and then unblock them again. That would be harder to accomplish than it sounds, and probably would be prone to bugs, so I'm not sure whether I'll try that.

Maybe you could see if sexlab has a modifier or action that occurs mid-late scene such as an orgasm trigger or something. Then you could just have the mod track that and retry if it isn't reached. This could have a double benefit of having npc's that were 'unsatisfied' with an engagement continue hunting for other forays until they are appeased. Not sure if such a thing exists but I do know mods like SLSO track orgasms so there prolly is something that could be used.

1 hour ago, DrSeptimus said:

Shame...I was assuming it would have some features that FO4 night mod have. Such as female NPC being rape at night or going on exhibitionist streak late at night. I guess this mod is for soft side. 

There already are several match maker mods, that create random scenes anywhere. I just don't see the point of adding that feature here, too ^^

45 minutes ago, HabibHanson said:

Maybe you could see if sexlab has a modifier or action that occurs mid-late scene such as an orgasm trigger or something. Then you could just have the mod track that and retry if it isn't reached. This could have a double benefit of having npc's that were 'unsatisfied' with an engagement continue hunting for other forays until they are appeased. Not sure if such a thing exists but I do know mods like SLSO track orgasms so there prolly is something that could be used.

This is a good idea and should definitely be feasible. I just hope that SLSO sends the same event as the SL framework, else it will become a patching shit show ...

7 hours ago, Mister X said:

Yep smol place Falkreath Inn.

No biggie I've just increased the scan timer some more and that helps.

There already are several match maker mods, that create random scenes anywhere. I just don't see the point of adding that feature here, too ^^

This is a good idea and should definitely be feasible. I just hope that SLSO sends the same event as the SL framework, else it will become a patching shit show ...

How about adding a features where NPC could found out their partner is cheating and join in for some threesome? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8 hours ago, Mister X said:

SLSO really just manages separate orgasms on top of sexlab's framework so I'd imagine that it's a trigger. Otherwise you could just store a simple isorgasmed=1/0 boolean on scanned characters and just have the output flipped out. Short of actually requiring sexlab arousal framework to track overall arousal that's prolly the cleanest option. Then again, I'm pretty sure everyone under the sun uses that framework so it wouldn't hurt to just make it a dependency and build out functions from there. That way you could simulate exhibitionism and also nympho personalities that have high time rates pretty easily.

14 hours ago, DrSeptimus said:

How about adding a features where NPC could found out their partner is cheating and join in for some threesome? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maybe eventually, but not anytime soon. That will require some additional scanning code.

9 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

SLSO really just manages separate orgasms on top of sexlab's framework so I'd imagine that it's a trigger. Otherwise you could just store a simple isorgasmed=1/0 boolean on scanned characters and just have the output flipped out. Short of actually requiring sexlab arousal framework to track overall arousal that's prolly the cleanest option. Then again, I'm pretty sure everyone under the sun uses that framework so it wouldn't hurt to just make it a dependency and build out functions from there. That way you could simulate exhibitionism and also nympho personalities that have high time rates pretty easily.

Interesting idea, but first I'd simply add the orgasm tracking. There's an event for that, that SLF and SLSO both do use, so it shouldn't be too hard to add.

Noticing an issue now where, particularly with orgies, if participants take to long to gather at the bed it will never start the animation but also 1-2 npcs will just be forever standing on the bed waiting. Something is hanging onto them when a scene is abandoned. Since I suspect this is related to how long it takes to start a scene I'm wondering if there is a way you can make it that npcs automatically jump to the start location if its taking too long to gather. The smoothest looking way would be to put a timer that starts when the first participant reaches the bed, but I suppose an overall 60s timer when npcs are selected would do as well. Limiting the search radius for the bed they select might work since it would make sure nothing too far away is selected.

17 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

Noticing an issue now where, particularly with orgies, if participants take to long to gather at the bed it will never start the animation but also 1-2 npcs will just be forever standing on the bed waiting. Something is hanging onto them when a scene is abandoned. Since I suspect this is related to how long it takes to start a scene I'm wondering if there is a way you can make it that npcs automatically jump to the start location if its taking too long to gather. The smoothest looking way would be to put a timer that starts when the first participant reaches the bed, but I suppose an overall 60s timer when npcs are selected would do as well. Limiting the search radius for the bed they select might work since it would make sure nothing too far away is selected.

Will have a look at it. The search radius is 2048 units, which is the normal size of one cell and ~25m. Maybe I could make that smaller or changeable by MCM, we'll see...

I just don't have much time the next days, so I won't be able to update soon. Though I think there already should be a failsafe, so when it takes too long to gather, the actors should get teleprted.

10 hours ago, Mister X said:

Will have a look at it. The search radius is 2048 units, which is the normal size of one cell and ~25m. Maybe I could make that smaller or changeable by MCM, we'll see...

I just don't have much time the next days, so I won't be able to update soon. Though I think there already should be a failsafe, so when it takes too long to gather, the actors should get teleprted.

Take you time, not trying to rush you here. I should note that the slower the timescale the more unreliable the scenes become. I sometimes like to bump my timescale down to 6 while hanging in inns and I've noticed the issue with scenes hanging like above becomes a lot more common. Also it's mostly males that get stuck as the female does properly wander off after awhile most cases. Since the female is the first actor selected in every case for me it means that the first actor aborting doesn't seem to also abort other participants reliably.

Edited by HabibHanson

Great update, orgasm tracking works well but perhaps too well. Seems that if you wait 24 the check doesn't get cleared permanently locking those actors out of future scenes. That being said I did change some SLSO settings to make orgasms virtually impossible and the actors recycle properly there which is great. Still need to test orgies but that's gonna be a problem for another day to dive into.

Some type of reset in debug settings may help troubleshoot issues faster. Normally I just purge the plugin in fallrim tools but having something similar in game would save some time.

11 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

Great update, orgasm tracking works well but perhaps too well. Seems that if you wait 24 the check doesn't get cleared permanently locking those actors out of future scenes. That being said I did change some SLSO settings to make orgasms virtually impossible and the actors recycle properly there which is great. Still need to test orgies but that's gonna be a problem for another day to dive into.

Some type of reset in debug settings may help troubleshoot issues faster. Normally I just purge the plugin in fallrim tools but having something similar in game would save some time.

They won't be locked forever in normal games. The mod clears its storage every dusk and dawn (so on begin and end of scanning period). So, the only option to lock actors more or less permanently is to skip daytime by waiting, I suppose. But I think I have an idea for that

Does it work with orgasms and SLSO? I didn't try it with that mod and SLf itself sends an orgasm event with every animation.

And what do you mean be "reset button"? I suppose you mean a button to clear the storage manually? That's no problem and can be done easily ;) 

5 hours ago, Mister X said:

They won't be locked forever in normal games. The mod clears its storage every dusk and dawn (so on begin and end of scanning period). So, the only option to lock actors more or less permanently is to skip daytime by waiting, I suppose. But I think I have an idea for that

Does it work with orgasms and SLSO? I didn't try it with that mod and SLf itself sends an orgasm event with every animation.

And what do you mean be "reset button"? I suppose you mean a button to clear the storage manually? That's no problem and can be done easily ;) 

Yes it works really really well with SLSO, since sometimes there are situations where males can orgasm but females don't and vice versa (like oral situations), the detection properly captures who orgasms and leaves the others alone to be reused that night if another scene is available.

I'll check the reset button tomorrow, just really need it to exit all scenes and clear any cached data about who has and hasn't partied that night for it to be useful in troubleshooting.

Thanks for the quick updates.

1 hour ago, HabibHanson said:

just really need it to exit all scenes and clear any cached data about who has and hasn't partied that night for it to be useful in troubleshooting.

Currently it just clears Storage data, it doesn't stop active scenes. It's kind of an obvious idea though, I just have some other stuff going on currently. Will add that ^^

The reset won't stop active SL scenes though, it just unhooks the sex from the surveillance and frees the thread. So they just will end sex normally.

Edited by Mister X
16 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

Could you double check the most recent upload? For some reason it permanently sets my scene count to -9 and doesn't allow any new ones to begin. Also can't see the storage clear option in the MCM to test.

Yeah, for the count there was an error, but for the Reset option to appear, you need to have Papyrus logging enabled in your game's .ini files.

1 hour ago, waiyan said:

Does this mod require new game save? I configure MCM to trigger scenes as much as possible but no sex scene is playing.

I'd say it should work when you install it midgame, too. As it's a light plugin, you then have to keep after any other light plugin, that is.

What version are you using? Do you have a log for me? Where do you try it?