1 hour ago, Mister X said:

I'd say it should work when you install it midgame, too. As it's a light plugin, you then have to keep after any other light plugin, that is.

What version are you using? Do you have a log for me? Where do you try it?

I'm using SL Nights NG-0.6.0 and Sexlab 1.64c and tested it in Bannermare. Do I need to install SLNights and overwrite it with  SL Nights NG? I use sexlab arouse redux and sexlab eager npcs too.

7 hours ago, Mister X said:

Yeah, for the count there was an error, but for the Reset option to appear, you need to have Papyrus logging enabled in your game's .ini files.

New version is quite stable, might want to keep it around alongside newer versions until we confirm the next stable hop. That way folks have something to roll back to when they just want the Todd Howard experience of having things just work.

Been trying to test orgies and I'm curious of how you have the scanner selecting these scenes. It looks to me that a common issue is something like a 3some will be selected, then the female/3rd person will drop and instead of abandoning the scene the remaining dudes just decide to touch tips and start a M/M action. Not sure the best way to remediate that but something that may help is making sure all selected actors are put into a scene so other scripts can't interfere as easily. Also a reservation check on the bed may help too but also avoid something I'm seeing where someone will go to sleep while the group is gathering and bone on top of them.

14 hours ago, waiyan said:

I'm using SL Nights NG-0.6.0 and Sexlab 1.64c and tested it in Bannermare. Do I need to install SLNights and overwrite it with  SL Nights NG? I use sexlab arouse redux and sexlab eager npcs too.

Try updating to the latest version. In between I think I fixed a search function that might have been misbehaving for some ...

And no, NG is a total rewrite. No need to overwrite, just replace the old one completely.

It also shouldn't matter which version of Aroused you use or what other mods run. It checks first, if an actor already is part of any other SL scene, so that should be good to go.

13 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

New version is quite stable, might want to keep it around alongside newer versions until we confirm the next stable hop. That way folks have something to roll back to when they just want the Todd Howard experience of having things just work.

Been trying to test orgies and I'm curious of how you have the scanner selecting these scenes. It looks to me that a common issue is something like a 3some will be selected, then the female/3rd person will drop and instead of abandoning the scene the remaining dudes just decide to touch tips and start a M/M action. Not sure the best way to remediate that but something that may help is making sure all selected actors are put into a scene so other scripts can't interfere as easily. Also a reservation check on the bed may help too but also avoid something I'm seeing where someone will go to sleep while the group is gathering and bone on top of them.

Well, can do that. But as it seems to be quite stable (I'll leave some time to confirm that), I might just give it a go soon, and just rename it to the official 2.0 ^^

For orgies it's roughly like that:

1) Check, how many male participants should be involved

2) Find a random first participant, male if any should be involved

3) Fill up the participants with fitting partners, always checking to the one that got chosen last

3.1) Try to fill up with the count of males wanted

3.2) Ignore already chosen actors

4) Clear up slots where no participant could be found.

So, it may be less people than you want (it is called Max Partners) but the chosen participants all should get put into the scene. I refined the algorithm a bit in the meantime, I'll upload it soon.

6 hours ago, Mister X said:

Try updating to the latest version. In between I think I fixed a search function that might have been misbehaving for some ...

And no, NG is a total rewrite. No need to overwrite, just replace the old one completely.

It also shouldn't matter which version of Aroused you use or what other mods run. It checks first, if an actor already is part of any other SL scene, so that should be good to go.

Well, can do that. But as it seems to be quite stable (I'll leave some time to confirm that), I might just give it a go soon, and just rename it to the official 2.0 ^^

For orgies it's roughly like that:

1) Check, how many male participants should be involved

2) Find a random first participant, male if any should be involved

3) Fill up the participants with fitting partners, always checking to the one that got chosen last

3.1) Try to fill up with the count of males wanted

3.2) Ignore already chosen actors

4) Clear up slots where no participant could be found.

So, it may be less people than you want (it is called Max Partners) but the chosen participants all should get put into the scene. I refined the algorithm a bit in the meantime, I'll upload it soon.

Looking at that flow I'd say the issue is that you are selecting male first. Sexlab typically bases animation selection off of the first actor in a scene, making them the submissive role for animations. Additionally selecting male first means that if a female isn't found then you get the touch tips. While this is fine if the intention is to have gay forays be something that can always happen, it does mean that those who prefer hetero only animations will just have to turn orgies off and not use them. My recommendation is to add a toggle that allows the scanner to always select female first (if applicable) instead of the current scanner which can be the bi/gay option. I'd also consider modifying the scanner so that orgy selection can stop after at least 3 people have been selected. Right now it seems that the orgy partners number fixes the size instead of being a max range.

Edited by HabibHanson

This mod works really well in LE as well.   I'm probably asking for the impossible, but instead of having a Y/N switch for if the scene is interrupted, could it be a % for how often?   IE sometimes they stop and sometimes they don't.   Here is the impossible bit.   If the scene doesn't stop is there a way to have the PC join in the scene?   Perhaps with a dialog with one of the active members?  I've never seen a Sexlab mod that added members to a scene, so it's probably not possible, but would be very cool if you could figure out a way to do it.

Regardless.   Thanks!   Great mod!

1 hour ago, blibby said:

This mod works really well in LE as well.   I'm probably asking for the impossible, but instead of having a Y/N switch for if the scene is interrupted, could it be a % for how often?   IE sometimes they stop and sometimes they don't.   Here is the impossible bit.   If the scene doesn't stop is there a way to have the PC join in the scene?   Perhaps with a dialog with one of the active members?  I've never seen a Sexlab mod that added members to a scene, so it's probably not possible, but would be very cool if you could figure out a way to do it.

I could see the % chance working, could use SL Aroused to determine it based off of arousal and exhibitionism.

Regarding joining an active NPC scene. Pretty sure base sexlab has a thing where if you talk to an NPC in a scene you can interrupt/join it so that functionality should already be in there. If not I know something in my modlist supports that so it is out there.

2 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

I could see the % chance working, could use SL Aroused to determine it based off of arousal and exhibitionism.

Regarding joining an active NPC scene. Pretty sure base sexlab has a thing where if you talk to an NPC in a scene you can interrupt/join it so that functionality should already be in there. If not I know something in my modlist supports that so it is out there.

Now that you say that, it rings a bell.   I don't think it's very immersive though.   I don't think there is a conversation or a chance to be turned down.   It's more like it gives you access to Sexlab and allows you to edit or something like that.    I'll investigate further.   Thanks for mentioning that.

18 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

Looking at that flow I'd say the issue is that you are selecting male first. Sexlab typically bases animation selection off of the first actor in a scene, making them the submissive role for animations. Additionally selecting male first means that if a female isn't found then you get the touch tips. While this is fine if the intention is to have gay forays be something that can always happen, it does mean that those who prefer hetero only animations will just have to turn orgies off and not use them. My recommendation is to add a toggle that allows the scanner to always select female first (if applicable) instead of the current scanner which can be the bi/gay option. I'd also consider modifying the scanner so that orgy selection can stop after at least 3 people have been selected. Right now it seems that the orgy partners number fixes the size instead of being a max range.

The order in which the actors are chosen has nothing to do with the order they are sent in to Sexlab ^^

For the "opposite gender" thing, I could remove that. This just would decrease the chance to see an orgy.

The other thing is, that an orgy always tries to build up to the max members. If not enough participants are found, it starts with less. Still, I could change it so it tries to fill with a random amount between 3 and max.

14 hours ago, blibby said:

I like Habibs idea of setting this chance based on the actor arousal. Maybe take the average arousal of all participants and compare that to a chance or something. I'll have a look at it ^^

The thing with the PC joining is another chapter, though, as there are multiple restrictions to take into consideration: how many participants are involved already? Is the PC currently valid as potential partner? Are there fitting anims? Is this an animation my mod started? And so on. What I've considered is an option that followers ask the player to join in the first place, if they get to be part of a scene. Maybe this will happen, eventually.

18 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

This is the current code on my end (unpublished) to build up an orgy. 

1) See how many males should be involved

2) Choose the first actor, male if wanted

3) If one was found, fill up the partners

3.1) Take a random number to determine the max participants

3.2) Search for partners until enough are found, males if still needed

Spoiler
        Int CountM = SexLabUtil.IntIfElse(ActorsMale.Length > Config.iOrgyMaleCount, Config.iOrgyMaleCount, ActorsMale.Length)
        Partners[0] = GetRandomActor(CountM as Bool)
        If (Partners[0])
            CountM -= 1
            Actor pot
            i = 1
            Int max = Utility.RandomInt(3, Config.iMaxPartners)
            While (i < max)
                Int k = i - 1
                pot	= GetPartnerForActor(Partners[k], i < CountM)
                If (pot && Partners.Find(pot) == -1)
                    Partners[i] = pot
                    i += 1
                ElseIf (!pot)
                    i += 1
                EndIf
            EndWhile
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Partners = PapyrusUtil.RemoveActor(Partners, None)

So, this has no soft switch to fill up with the opposite of the needed gender, orgies without any males are theoretically possible and a random amount of participants between 3 and 5 at max.

5 hours ago, Mister X said:

This is the current code on my end (unpublished) to build up an orgy. 

1) See how many males should be involved

2) Choose the first actor, male if wanted

3) If one was found, fill up the partners

3.1) Take a random number to determine the max participants

3.2) Search for partners until enough are found, males if still needed

Hide contents
        Int CountM = SexLabUtil.IntIfElse(ActorsMale.Length > Config.iOrgyMaleCount, Config.iOrgyMaleCount, ActorsMale.Length)
        Partners[0] = GetRandomActor(CountM as Bool)
        If (Partners[0])
            CountM -= 1
            Actor pot
            i = 1
            Int max = Utility.RandomInt(3, Config.iMaxPartners)
            While (i < max)
                Int k = i - 1
                pot	= GetPartnerForActor(Partners[k], i < CountM)
                If (pot && Partners.Find(pot) == -1)
                    Partners[i] = pot
                    i += 1
                ElseIf (!pot)
                    i += 1
                EndIf
            EndWhile
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Partners = PapyrusUtil.RemoveActor(Partners, None)

So, this has no soft switch to fill up with the opposite of the needed gender, orgies without any males are theoretically possible and a random amount of participants between 3 and 5 at max.

Logic looks good to me, only thing to do now is run it and see if it appeases the papyrus gods enough to run.

15 hours ago, Chlodwig said:

whats the diffrence between Version 1.3  and 0.6.4   I'm using 1.3 is 0.6.4 an update or a new version that needs a new savegame?

0.6.4 is the version of SL Nights NG (working title) - probably will become SL Nights v2.0 when I consider it to be stable enough.

It already is quite stable and has tons of improvement over the older SL Nights. Most prominent will be the possibility to handle mutliple scenes at once.

7 hours ago, Skill denim said:

Doesn't work for me, nothing happens, weird.

The debug only says "updating". And keeps repeating without nothing happening (I have tons of mods btw).

1) What version are you using, 1.3 or any NG beta?

Next, for me and several others it does work like it should, so based on your information I can tell: probably something's wrong on your end.

Do you have a log for me? This could help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 12:46 AM, customerhenry said:

Can someone fix the VR version please????

CTD at night.

There aren't any mod like this for voyeur thematic and now with the 3D farmhouse doors with holes it must be very fun.

So please!! VR version.

I can help like tester.

You can try if that one works for you. Will require a new game, though. I switched the main scanning method and only use PapyrusUtil as a fallback, so it should work better.

If there's enough confirmation that it works reliably even on VR, I might remove the PapyrusUtil scanning alltogether.

SL Nights NG-0.7.0.zip

On 5/27/2023 at 4:22 AM, Mister X said:

You can try if that one works for you. Will require a new game, though. I switched the main scanning method and only use PapyrusUtil as a fallback, so it should work better.

If there's enough confirmation that it works reliably even on VR, I might remove the PapyrusUtil scanning alltogether.

SL Nights NG-0.7.0.zip 59.28 kB · 6 downloads

Can confirm this worked in VR!

Purging the plugin in fallrim tools allowed me to install in existing game no problem. 2hr, 4 night run showed no problems other than bed reservations sometimes being wonky but other than that it's stable.

Bed reservation issue is just that sometimes the timing with other mods means a bed will get reserved twice and have two scenes stacked on one another. I suspect this is just an issue with timing and could be mitigated with a check that just starts the scene on the floor/hands off to regular sexlab to determine where to bone when a scene starts.

All in all great update, I daresay this is stable enough from my testing to label it as the official version 2.

20 hours ago, HabibHanson said:

Purging the plugin in fallrim tools allowed me to install in existing game no problem. 2hr, 4 night run showed no problems other than bed reservations sometimes being wonky but other than that it's stable.

Bed reservation issue is just that sometimes the timing with other mods means a bed will get reserved twice and have two scenes stacked on one another. I suspect this is just an issue with timing and could be mitigated with a check that just starts the scene on the floor/hands off to regular sexlab to determine where to bone when a scene starts.

All in all great update, I daresay this is stable enough from my testing to label it as the official version 2.

Cool.

Actually a couple of questions.

1) Is the esp name going to be the same as the original or the NG?

2) Does it cope with player leaving a cell while an act is being played, and returning to the cell? Just noting from TDF, that if an act is being played, and you leave a cell, then if you return there is this weird repeated act animation, between actors, which continues until you can 'buck' the participants out of it. I understand why that happens, just wondering if you fixed it happening in your mod?

Actually question were for author. I can be a dunce on names. der.  Sorry.

Edited by spoonsinger

quick question, does this work with enemy camps? thinking of like scenarios of infiltrating a mage or bandit stronghold and waiting for "opportune" moments to sneak by when they are distracted 

if not, i wonder if using one of the sneak mods that let you pretend to be a certain enemy faction as long as youre wearing ther armor could make a difference

3 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

Cool.

2) Does it cope with player leaving a cell while an act is being played, and returning to the cell? Just noting from TDF, that if an act is being played, and you leave a cell, then if you return there is this weird repeated act animation, between actors, which continues until you can 'buck' the participants out of it. I understand why that happens, just wondering if you fixed it happening in your mod?

1) Probably yes, I don't see a reason to change the name between NG 0.7 (so the RC) and the release. It probably won't be released as "NG" either, but simply as v2.0

2) TBH I don't know. Scene handling itself is done by the SL framework, my mod just listens for its events, once an act got started. I could add a safety option to "finish" all listening threads when changing the location, just to make sure. But normally aborting those acts counts as garbage collection and handling and thus should be part of the framework, sending all necessary events included.

2 hours ago, ozmatico said:

quick question, does this work with enemy camps? thinking of like scenarios of infiltrating a mage or bandit stronghold and waiting for "opportune" moments to sneak by when they are distracted 

if not, i wonder if using one of the sneak mods that let you pretend to be a certain enemy faction as long as youre wearing ther armor could make a difference

It works in the wilderness, yes. The location check is a blacklist approach, meaning if you didn't prohibit acts in a certain location, they're allowed. You can prohibit acts in inns, public town areas (eg Whiterun market place) and guild areas (eg Jorrvaskr). In every other place they're always allowed, so camps, dungeons, private houses, wilderness, ...

The more important thing is, participants don't check whether you don't fit in there. They check whether you're able to see them, if they know you're there. Meaning, even if you're disguised as bandit in a bandit camp and some mod then pacifies those bandits, they still will stop what they're doing (if not set otherwise in the MCM).

6 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

Cool.

All good, for #2 I can say that it depends on how long you are out of the cell. I've exited and entered inns while the scene started and it kept continuity well enough.

6 hours ago, Mister X said:

1) Probably yes, I don't see a reason to change the name between NG 0.7 (so the RC) and the release. It probably won't be released as "NG" either, but simply as v2.0

2) TBH I don't know. Scene handling itself is done by the SL framework, my mod just listens for its events, once an act got started. I could add a safety option to "finish" all listening threads when changing the location, just to make sure. But normally aborting those acts counts as garbage collection and handling and thus should be part of the framework, sending all necessary events included.

It works in the wilderness, yes. The location check is a blacklist approach, meaning if you didn't prohibit acts in a certain location, they're allowed. You can prohibit acts in inns, public town areas (eg Whiterun market place) and guild areas (eg Jorrvaskr). In every other place they're always allowed, so camps, dungeons, private houses, wilderness, ...

The more important thing is, participants don't check whether you don't fit in there. They check whether you're able to see them, if they know you're there. Meaning, even if you're disguised as bandit in a bandit camp and some mod then pacifies those bandits, they still will stop what they're doing (if not set otherwise in the MCM).

thats amazing! thank you for making this, will definitely start using