Devious Followers Framework Development

I got an odd dialogue randomly, I'm not sure what triggered it so it might not be a bug and instead something to do with follower boredom, but my follower checked me for piercings and when he found none added debt and slave breast + clitoral piercings. I checked the DeviousFollowersRedux log and nothing there seems to indicate why it happened, and I don't have any piercing deals active

And for the sex deal,  the first time each time you offer yourself you'll be punished for not doing so the day before

It also seems like the forced milking deal is bugged, since there's never any dialogue to offer your milk and you never get requested to provide any. The lactacid deal also doesn't force you to drink it, it only adds an extra option to request it in the dialogue tree - it's not a bug, but I feel like your follower should request/force you drink it a few times a day

The chastity game deal has a special chastity device it's meant to add to the player, but when the deal starts you're given a generic chastity belt

The arm / leg cuff deal will sometimes give an Iron Yoke as an arm restraint

Edited by inviz.t
Added more info

@ponzipyramid Had a re-run and following observations

I can't see my debt as in MCM it say's being controlled by Gold, but number of deals is visible and I was holding 1200 in gold

I asked to buy out of 5 different deals (5 named ones like slaughterfish etc.. but 10 deals in total) which was over 13000 of gold but visibly don't know how that is being controlled, my own gold still remained at 1200

After all deals bought out debt/deal dialogue no longer present, only gold and I couldn't stop that (or rather wasn't allowed to at the moment but didn't wait to see if that would change)

• Pony tail would not un-equip no matter what I tried. removing from inventory, dropping etc.. didn't work so remained in a crawl state. If moving out of town into Wilderness then prompt for follower to remove but never happens .. so repeated
    • Co-incidentally a reload of Skyrim into VR the player is positioned better. When viewing in 3rd person there is still a twist in body (ie: chest 90 to left) but fine in 1st person so as mentioned before, no major issue
  • Waiting a couple of hours Follower will comment about not wearing appropriate armour .. If I'm not in a deal not sure why that is coming up? - And debt is added .. however doesn't trigger ability to start deal dialogue
  • However after waiting 24 hours and for Follower to say they have added debt, then I get the dialogue to start deals again. Looks like it goes through the initial steps of deals .. how they work etc.. but key thing is dialogue comes back once additional debt is added.

I guess the query I have is that it appears I can buy out of all my deals by simply accepting a load of deals and cancel out my debt. In my instance Gold was still being controlled by my follower and wasn't in a position to dismiss them. Is that by design? 

Hopefully, this one takes care of most of the big issues. I also added a negative debt field in the MCM if you've got credit and now allow you to take deals when your debt is 0 but you're in gold control mode. I'm not entirely sure what the ramifications of the latter change are but I guess we'll find out.

• Fixed Bound in Town, Straitjacket, and Petsuit equipping/unequipping
  • Added punishment delays for gag and chastity events
  • (maybe) fixed Whore Armor issues
  • Display negative debt (credit)
  • Allow deal agreement when in gold control mode and debt is 0
  • Removed more invalid/incompatible devices
  • Fixed spank rule enabling
  • Fixed sex, skooma, milking, and lactaid rules not checking player defaults

Devious Followers Redux v0.1.4.7z

Edited by ponzipyramid
13 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Hopefully, this one takes care of most of the big issues. I also added a negative debt field in the MCM if you've got credit and now allow you to take deals when your debt is 0 but you're in gold control mode. I'm not entirely sure what the ramifications of the latter change are but I guess we'll find out.

• Fixed Bound in Town, Straitjacket, and Petsuit equipping/unequipping
  • Added punishment delays for gag and chastity events
  • (maybe) fixed Whore Armor issues
  • Display negative debt (credit)
  • Allow deal agreement when in gold control mode and debt is 0
  • Removed more invalid/incompatible devices
  • Fixed spank rule enabling
  • Fixed sex, skooma, milking, and lactaid rules not checking player defaults

Devious Followers Redux v0.1.4.7z 15.24 MB · 6 downloads

I think this may have been reported before, but I found a follower breaking bug - when your follower removes your petsuit after leaving town he gets bugged, all he'll say is "Let's get you out of that petsuit!" and no dialogue tree opens, when you return back to town and he equips it you can speak to him again (dialogue tree opens), but when you leave town it bugs out again after he removes it

Edited by inviz.t
20 minutes ago, inviz.t said:

I think this may have been reported before, but I found a follower breaking bug - when your follower removes your petsuit after leaving town he gets bugged, all he'll say is "Let's get you out of that petsuit!" and no dialogue tree opens, when you return back to town and he equips it you can speak to him again (dialogue tree opens), but when you leave town it bugs out again after he removes it

Is this a force greet or some idle dialogue that plays? There's two spots where I see this dialogue and I can remove one of them.

EDIT: NVM, easy fix. I'll post it after I finish testing the new Dealer's Choice stuff.

Edited by ponzipyramid
Just now, ponzipyramid said:

Is this a force greet or some idle dialogue that plays? There's two spots where I see this dialogue and I can remove one of them.

The "Let's get you out of that petsuit!"dialogue plays when you activate/press E on your follower

Changelog:

• Quick fix for the pet suit blocking dialogue bug
  • Added forcedDeals field to preferences to allow manual rule selection for debugging/testing

Devious Followers Redux v0.1.5.7z

I also wrapped up converting Dealer's Choice with three new fitness-themed rules:

• Diet: you must ask your follower for permission before being allowed to eat.
  • Exercise: you must work out every day under your follower's instruction.
  • Protein Diet: you must get your daily dose of "protein" before being allowed to eat.

Dealer's Choice v0.2.0.7z

EDIT:

It just dawned me on that I didn't mention the requirements for DC. You will need:

Can I take the lack of bug reports (excluding the Petsuit) since the last release as an indication of stability? Now that DC is converted, I'm looking to set up the new page soon-ish but I'll hold off if folks are still facing serious issues.

Edited by ponzipyramid
50 minutes ago, ponzipyramid said:

Changelog:

• Quick fix for the pet suit blocking dialogue bug
  • Added forcedDeals field to preferences to allow manual rule selection for debugging/testing

Devious Followers Redux v0.1.5.7z 15.24 MB · 0 downloads

I also wrapped up converting Dealer's Choice with three new fitness-themed rules:

• Diet: you must ask your follower for permission before being allowed to eat.
  • Exercise: you must work out every day under your follower's instruction.
  • Protein Diet: you must get your daily dose of "protein" before being allowed to eat.

Dealer's Choice v0.2.0.7z 243.76 kB · 0 downloads

Can I take the lack of bug reports (excluding the Petsuit) since the last release as an indication of stability? Now that DC is converted, I'm looking to set up the new page soon-ish but I'll hold off if folks are still facing serious issues.

I haven't had time to play much since the last things I reported, hoping to try this version out tonight! ?

Pretty exciting :)

Two questions:

1) Are you in a place where suggestions / ideas are welcome? I enjoy a good lewd skyrim brainstorm every so often, but don't want to be annoying....

2) IIRC at one point we talked about pulling out the dialogue and putting it in a format so other people could write different "personalities" for Devious Followers via the dialogue. I thought it sounded awesome - because I'd be happy to write one or two such personalities - but I also would expect it to be impractical to implement on your side. But I thought I'd check - is that still something that might happen (or did happen and I missed it), or is this unlikely to happen?

Edited by Anunya
4 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Hi!, sorry didn't get a chance to test yesterday but just tried version 0.1.5 now and experiencing a significant issue! (so hopefully someone else can confirm).

When it comes to talking about deals, you get the dialogue about how they work but you never get the option to agree to a deal. 

I've tried getting into debt and draining my existing gold I own, and enabled gold control as well, but no luck in getting the ability to ask for an agreement.

also, one minor, which I didn't raise which you might be aware of (again this is testing in VR) .. the Tattoo option is greyed out in the MCM which possibily indicates it can't detect I have Slave tats loaded .. which I do and does work ... So not sure if that is expected behaviour currently.

1 hour ago, jc321 said:

When it comes to talking about deals, you get the dialogue about how they work but you never get the option to agree to a deal. 

I've tried getting into debt and draining my existing gold I own, and enabled gold control as well, but no luck in getting the ability to ask for an agreement.

Can you post your SKSE log from this session? Documents/My Games/SKSE/DeviousFollowersRedux.log. I'm not able to replicate it so curious to see if anyone can replicate this.

1 hour ago, jc321 said:

also, one minor, which I didn't raise which you might be aware of (again this is testing in VR) .. the Tattoo option is greyed out in the MCM which possibily indicates it can't detect I have Slave tats loaded .. which I do and does work ... So not sure if that is expected behaviour currently.

You need RapeTats in addition to SlaveTats for the feature to become available.

Edited by ponzipyramid
1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

Can you post your SKSE log from this session? Documents/My Games/SKSE/DeviousFollowersRedux.log. I'm not able to replicate it so curious to see if anyone can replicate this.

Hmmm.. something else must be going on as I have plenty of log files being created but that one isn't .. Last time that log was updated was when I last played it 3 days ago. 

When I look at the MCM it says version 2.1.4.4 .. Did you change that to 2.1.5? If so .. something might not be loading. 

I've tried this on brand new game as well as initial (clean ish) saves .. 

Probably best to see if someone else is experiencing this .. otherwise might be just me. 

Re: - Tattoos' - Thanks! That will be my issue

7 minutes ago, jc321 said:

Hmmm.. something else must be going on as I have plenty of log files being created but that one isn't .. Last time that log was updated was when I last played it 3 days ago. 

When I look at the MCM it says version 2.1.4.4 .. Did you change that to 2.1.5? If so .. something might not be loading. 

I've tried this on brand new game as well as initial (clean ish) saves .. 

Probably best to see if someone else is experiencing this .. otherwise might be just me. 

Re: - Tattoos' - Thanks! That will be my issue

It's really odd that it just stopped working, I didn't make any significant changes to the DLL. Can you post your skse64.log instead? That tells me which plugins are being identified and registered.

1 hour ago, ponzipyramid said:

It's really odd that it just stopped working, I didn't make any significant changes to the DLL. Can you post your skse64.log instead? That tells me which plugins are being identified and registered.

Aargh! Sorry!, totally my fault! (well I blame Vortex!) .. When you updated the DLL file for a fix last time I dropped it into the relevant folder and Vortex picked it up as a change . which I accepted. When I came to install this package even though I removed the older versions and installed the new one it deleted the DLL file regardless and didn't replace it with the one in your new package! 

So having dropped that back in .. prompts are now working! - I had a very quick go of a save that was giving me problems with the pony suit not unequipping and the Follower repeating the "Let's get you out of that pet suit" dialogue and that appears to be resolved .. however as it's late where I am unable to do anything more extensive until tomorrow. 

Thanks for your help!

Alright, two minor issues:

I still seem to be unable to activate the spank deal, and when I tried providing a meal for the food deal, the mead/bread (can't recall which) was replaced with a random dragon scale I had in my inventory.

Otherwise it seems to work! Really liked what I saw of the exercise deal.

11 minutes ago, Aldid said:

I still seem to be unable to activate the spank deal, and when I tried providing a meal for the food deal, the mead/bread (can't recall which) was replaced with a random dragon scale I had in my inventory.

Did you register the spank anims in SLAL? I'll look into the latter, it's currently looking for a simple string match, might need to add keyword filtering as well.

11 minutes ago, Aldid said:

Really liked what I saw of the exercise deal.

Have you tried it with willpower <= 5? *wink wink nudge nudge*

Edited by ponzipyramid
17 hours ago, Anunya said:

1) Are you in a place where suggestions / ideas are welcome? I enjoy a good lewd skyrim brainstorm every so often, but don't want to be annoying....

Always :).

17 hours ago, Anunya said:

2) IIRC at one point we talked about pulling out the dialogue and putting it in a format so other people could write different "personalities" for Devious Followers via the dialogue. I thought it sounded awesome - because I'd be happy to write one or two such personalities - but I also would expect it to be impractical to implement on your side. But I thought I'd check - is that still something that might happen (or did happen and I missed it), or is this unlikely to happen?

Still planned though as you mentioned, it's unfeasible to do this by hand. I'm hoping to put together a script that can automatically extract the dialogue from the ESP to a spreadsheet. And then similarly find some way to convert a spreadsheet to an ESL-flagged dialogue plugin. The base mod has way too many lines as it is to really add new ones by hand so this automated process is necessary.

6 hours ago, Anunya said:

So hey I'm installing this for the first time and it offers to install a SLACS patch. Since I have SCOE and not SLACS, and since @ponzipyramid wrote both this framework and SCOE, I'm assuming I don't need the patch.

You won't need it. I think the SLACS patch was made by someone in the DFC SE thread but it was packaged as a loose ESP so I've made it a FOMOD option to prevent install issues.

5 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Excellent... now to find my notes... :)

Still planned though as you mentioned, it's unfeasible to do this by hand. I'm hoping to put together a script that can automatically extract the dialogue from the ESP to a spreadsheet. And then similarly find some way to convert a spreadsheet to an ESL-flagged dialogue plugin. The base mod has way too many lines as it is to really add new ones by hand so this automated process is necessary.

If you find a way to do that that is generic enough that the process could be used on other mods as well that could be pretty impactful on the modding scene. I reckon there's a number of folks who could contribute in terms of writing, but who lack the modding skills to implement it (and it could be kind of rude without the mod authors approval). But there are also plenty of mods that get so much use that an injection of new dialogue/  personality stuff could extend their freshness.

Maybe the way localization is done could be leveraged here?

You won't need it. I think the SLACS patch was made by someone in the DFC SE thread but it was packaged as a loose ESP so I've made it a FOMOD option to prevent install issues.

15 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Did you register the spank anims in SLAL? I'll look into the latter, it's currently looking for a simple string match, might need to add keyword filtering as well.

They are registered, and the display in Other Mod Settings gives the OK

15 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Have you tried it with willpower <= 5? *wink wink nudge nudge*

I did actually! I ended up turning it off to avoid spoilers and see it for myself during a more proper playthrough, so I'll be sure to do some deal manipulation to get that one early.

6 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

That was me! It only changes some dialogue conditions for SLACS compatibility. I wouldn't recommend using SLACS to begin with now that Cum Overlays Extended exists, let alone that patch

Edited by Aldid

So had a play .. again this is in VR so behaviour maybe down to it being run.

Exercise - I guess this triggers animations that aren't available in VR but follower seemed to follow through with dialogue and saying switch every now and again.  .. so no problems this looks like it's working.

Outside of Whiterun (in wilderness) got deal to be rubbed in special balm when entering towns .. But entering Whiterun .. no trigger or dialogue that made that happen. I seem to recall with original mod there was a scene upon entering town but didn't trigger.

[Edit] - Have had subsequent deals with wearing straight jacket in town and works fine .. 

In Whiterun got deal to where Pet tail but upon leaving .. asking outside town or waiting for removal .. no luck .. walking to wilderness no luck for removal and even trying to manually take out plug (via inventory) no luck.

With whorearmour deal .. Notice dialogue to say I've lost my armour is still available as an option even though I haven't lost it.

Log file attached for reference.

Accept that I'm playing in VR, and is known to have it's quirks, but pretty much mod is working really well .. so unless anyone else has experienced issue with the balm and pet tail then could be just my initial play through. 

DeviousFollowersRedux.log

Edited by jc321
On 10/31/2023 at 2:02 PM, Aldid said:

They are registered, and the display in Other Mod Settings gives the OK

I was able to replicate this but it might be an SL registry thing (are you also running P+). I registered in SLAL, quit to main menu, loaded back in and it worked (tested in the LAL starting cell).

On 10/31/2023 at 2:02 PM, Aldid said:

That was me! It only changes some dialogue conditions for SLACS compatibility. I wouldn't recommend using SLACS to begin with now that Cum Overlays Extended exists, let alone that patch

Ah, just caught that in the SE changelog. Might still be useful for people still using it. I'll make sure to credit you :).

I'm still working on some fixes for JC's issues which I don't think are isolated to VR.

On 10/31/2023 at 4:33 AM, ponzipyramid said:

Alright... brainstorming mode on...

(and as always - take what intrigues you, leave the rest behind :) )

Party Mode

This may be a little niche (requiring multiple follower frameworks like NFF), but extending the service deals to additional followers (male / female / both genders) in the party would be a great addition IMO. Stage one, you have to have sex with the DF / serve the DF a meal every day. Stage two, you have to have sex with / serve food to everyone in the party every day

Proper Footwear

The player gets given a few items (maybe pulled from a random list) and is required to wear different ones when speaking to different types of people. You're given different pair of footwear and are given some arbitrary rules of what to wear and when (these shoes in a Jarl's Palace, these shoes at an inn, barefoot when speaking to the DF (which is a challenge when at an inn...), these other shoes when in a dungeon, not barefoot when purchasing something.... whatever).

The idea is that there's only a periodic reminder of the rules and a punishment for failing to keep them. This adds a mental load to the player and can be good mechanism for driving debt up.

This could be used with different types of attire if desired. It could start simple (barefoot when speaking to DF, these shoes when at an inn) then escalate. Alternately, a failure could be punished by a choice of adding another rule or paying.

... and of course, it doesn't have to apply to footwear. It could be some other item (clothing, hats, rings). Potentially you could have more than one deal, covering different attire types (though that might get too much).

Keeping on the Right Side of the Law

The DF wants to keep a good relationship with the law. The PC has to engage in a gangbang with the guards of the current hold once a day, just to keep them sweet. If the PC has a bounty in the hold, the DF will put a full facemask on he PC (wartimes style) to conceal their identity until the gangbang is done (this is about the guards being friendly to the DF, the PC is just providing their body).

It's Dangerous Out There

PC needs to keep the DF in healing potions on demand. "On demand" could be daily, could be on entering a dungeon, could be 0-3 times a day at random, could be after a fight, or something else. Type of potion could be "any healing" /  configurable / scale with level. If Party Mode is implemented, this could scale to provide healing potions to everyone in the party.

Flowers to Show Appreciation

Every day the DF demands 1-5 pickable flowers of the same time from the current biome / nearby. Only a mild inconvenience, except of course for folks with mods that add danger to collecting resources.

Miner Inconvenience

Same as the Flowers one, but demanding some mined resource.

Getting Religion

I don't remember if the ability to have a portable shrine is mod dependent or available by default. If by default the idea is that the DF gives a shrine to the PC and requires them to pray to it every day / every 12 hours / after sex (lol) / some other frequency. This locks the PCs praying buff to something that may or may not be convenient. If there's ever "different DF personality" feature, then each DF could pick one shrine at random and stick to it.

If portable shrines are requires an inconvenient dependency, it could simply be "you must pray at a shrine once every 8 / 12 / 24 hours" which will potentially require some planning.

21 minutes ago, Anunya said:

Flowers to Show Appreciation

This is a cool idea, particularly because it can be framed in a bunch of different ways to suit many different role plays.  The DF could just being a jerk and wasting the PCs time, but they also could also be a worship item for a religious DF bent on  turning the PC into a subservient nun.  Or they could be romantic bouquets, for a crazy celebrity stalker type DF seeking a twisted romance with the dragonborn.  One of the really basic entry drugs to damsels in peril kinks is that classic princess bride style forced marriage.  I know I have a huge thing for forced romance over just forced sex.  Bonus points for straight girls forced into romantic situation with other girls.  Something about it all being purely performative just screams submissive to me. 

The Princess Bride

The DF tries to take the PC off the market by forcing her to tell the world how in love with the DF she is.

Stage 1:  The PC must gather flowers.

Stage 2:  The PC must gush about their lover. Receive daily mini quests to deliver dialogue lines to NPCs

Stage 3:  The PC must perform a swooning kiss with the DF in public spaces

Stage 3+ "game" The PC must put together a "proposal" where she publicly begs the DF to marry her

Stage 3+ "game" The PC must go through with the marriage

The Dragonborn's new girlfriend

The DF decides that in every classic hero story the hero needs a beautiful girlfriend. It doesn't matter if she likes the girl, this is all about image!  We needs the nords to believe the PC is a true hero! (and the DF wants to watch her with another girl)

Stage 1: The PC must regularly go on dates with a randomly selected NPC.  Each date is a mini quest that occurs every few days, forcing the PC to spend time and money traveling to a particular place to

-deliver kiss,

-deliver a bouquet of a specific type of flowers

-carve their names on a tree/wall 

Stage 2: The PC needs up the romance, (periotic random quests again)

-drop off a romantic letter (that the DF wrote) at a certain place "for the girlfriend" even though it's really just to spread scandal.  Later a random NPC will mention someone finding the letter and tease the PC about it

-Post for a painting to send to the girlfriend, and then hand it off to a courier later on NPCs will mention seeing the picture (the courier definitely delivered it)

-Rescue the damsel! The PC will need to go save the girlfriend from a pirates/a giant/ect.

Stage 3: The PC needs to  do the deed! (and the DF wants to watch)

-Dates are now sex scenes

-Sometimes the DF offers Coaching, which is really just a line of dialogue followed by a specifically selected sex scene with the DF also having some follow up dialogue

-Sometimes the date is a 'public scene' after all the whole point it for he populace to know about this romance

Progressively throughout the dates the PC will have to deliver dialogue to the girlfriend.  Options change with willpower.  The DF will 'hear about it' if the PC is not romantic enough or ignores the DF's coaching and punishes with debt.

Reading back the dating thing is probably too complicated to make anything like this, but maybe some of the pieces are good.  I think things like forced smut distribution + delayed random NPC reaction dialogue is the most doable

The PC becomes a medieval Twitch Thot

The DF decides that for the Nords to look up to the PC as a hero then she must be desired as well

-Maintain a YPS fashion level

-The PC commissions smutty writings about herself and delivers them to fans

-The PC poses for portrait painting with fans/in the nude/and gets groped by the fans depending on will

1 hour ago, Anunya said:

Getting Religion

Another idea I love, all that stuff I wrote is almost definitely too complicated to actually implement, but the simple implementation of daily prayers is a great fit for a single stage of a deal, but this could be easily expanded on for higher deal stages

-Shrine decorating (maybe to give a little more narrative to mining?) Mine/craft/fetch something and leave it at a shrine

-Nude prayer

-Bathe first

-Self flagellation/punishment (sexy or violent both work)

-Consume drugs

-Confess sins

Sins could be real or imagined, honestly it's almost better if the DF is forcing the PC in the confessing nonsense.  Confessing impure thoughts as a form of gaslighting fits right into the major themes of DF.  Sexiness aside, confessing real crimes would be a SUPER cool piece of modding tech. I believe there is at least some tracking of that kind of information by the game, as thugs come with letters noting who you stole from don't they?  Then just mix that with 'killing', 'prostitution', 'deal rule breaking punishments' and arousal tracking would be easy mix ins to keep it from being the same too many times in a row...  Here I am no longer suggesting easy things...

1 hour ago, Anunya said:

Proper Footwear

You are describing my dream mod.  I would kill for a dresscode mod that tied into YPS where you had to meet different requirements to get into different places  

Barefoot is one I didn't think of though.  Definitely works well for a religious type narrative.

11 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

I was able to replicate this but it might be an SL registry thing (are you also running P+). I registered in SLAL, quit to main menu, loaded back in and it worked (tested in the LAL starting cell)

Not currently! Although I do use SL Utility

11 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

I'll make sure to credit you :).

Thanks o7!

2 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

The PC becomes a medieval Twitch Thot

The DF decides that for the Nords to look up to the PC as a hero then she must be desired as well

-Maintain a YPS fashion level

-The PC commissions smutty writings about herself and delivers them to fans

-The PC poses for portrait painting with fans/in the nude/and gets groped by the fans depending on will

This is something I've been thinking about as well! Most deals are (rightly) designed to work for non-dragonborn, but it would be neat to have a few that acknowledge and exploit the PC's social status.