Devious Followers Framework Development

38 minutes ago, inviz.t said:

This plays better since there's more variety, but it does feel somewhat unfair as my very first deal was the petsuit deal, which is a bit extreme, but it's not too bad since the player can refuse. A tie in with harsher deals and the players willpower/resistance would help to make things feel more natural

I'm going about this the wrong way. I'll try to parametrize as much of the logic as I can to let you weigh stuff yourself without needing me. If you can get to a good feeling setup I can make those the defaults.

39 minutes ago, inviz.t said:

I found a bug with the pet suit deal, when you ask your follower to remove it they agree, but it doesn't get removed, and when you leave a settlement and they announce they're going to remove it nothing happens either. The debug command in the MCM to remove it also does nothing. I spawned in a restraints key and removed it that way, and now my follower keeps repeating "Let's get you out of that suit!" when I try to talk to them - not sure if this is Devious followers or Devious Devices NG related, since there's also some weird camera issues, but that part could be down to the my mod setup.

Twas a bug with the dialogue - fixed now. When in doubt, you can blame DFR. There's a lot of rules and randomization which makes testing everything tough so thanks for the detailed feedback.

23 minutes ago, inviz.t said:

Similar to this earlier bug, when you get offered (not sure if you need to accept or not) the "chastity game" deal, future deal offers will repeat the "I want to own your pussy..." dialogue, weirdly though the "I'll extend a deal.." dialogue still played and fixed the bug, letting all dialogue play out normally again. The log file here was running during each of the bugs I encountered

Same thing as the pet suit thing, mistake in the dialogue conditional - fixed now.

Some thoughts on the DF slavery and different follower personalities topic:

DF follower personalities I imagine relate to "end state" for the mod as in "if the follower "wins" what happens?":

1. Disable DF for this one. Example: Follower is a true friend, a compatriot, or a kind innocent soul, they want the best for you and for you to succeed, ect.

2. If DF traps you in endless deals or slavery to themselves.  Example: Follower wants to save the world but thinks you're incompetent, or they like you as a slave or pet.

3. If DF sells you to SS or abandons you.    Example: Follower thinks you are a mark, a sucker, they don't care about you or your quests, they just want your gold.

Maybe if there was a personality system, personality 2 wouldn't sell you or dispose of you, and might not steal your equipment and sell it to that khajit.  Instead, maybe they want you to wear certain things, service them, carry their stuff, ect.

Personality 3 wouldn't bother enslaving you themself, or care what you wear, but would sell all your stuff as soon as they can justify it and then try and justify getting rid of you.

Gripes:

The abandonment "dump you in a pit ending" is badly implemented right now.  Although it does exist and is better than nothing.  I would prefer just being left with no equipment or gold and especially no licenses at an inn, or in a ditch on the road, or wherever we are right now while the DF just leaves.

Bugs

-The "I'll extend an existing deal" option is kinda busted.  Since you can't disable this option, you can always choose to extend your deals for debt relief once they are maxed out, which can be turned into real cash with gambling, and used to buy out of the deals.  IDK what purpose it serves except to prevent enslavement, which your follower kinda wants anyway right?  Why would the follower forgive your debt to extend deals that you can't afford to buy out of anyway?  They can just "take what I want, you good-for-nothing," enslave you or sell you?

-Chastity seems to have a broken event.  I seem to remember that the "Please, I can't... But..." would sometimes result in giving in to the follower, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore, and I don't know what triggers it.

-Innkeeper deal used to trigger only 1x then stop working. 

-DF blocks you from dismissing any and all followers, even the ones that are not the current DF, even if they are DF disabled.  Is this intended?  I currently use Nether's and can dismiss from the Nether's MCM menu but its annoying.

-Buying a room for only the follower at an inn doesn't reroll gold control.  IDK if intended but I don't think it was intended to softlock you out of escaping gold control, I think it was just meant to make you tired and lower your WP.

Edited by Trill0
4 hours ago, Trill0 said:

Some thoughts on the DF slavery and different follower personalities topic:

DF follower personalities I imagine relate to "end state" for the mod as in "if the follower "wins" what happens?":

1. Disable DF for this one. Example: Follower is a true friend, a compatriot, or a kind innocent soul, they want the best for you and for you to succeed, ect.

2. If DF traps you in endless deals or slavery to themselves.  Example: Follower wants to save the world but thinks you're incompetent, or they like you as a slave or pet.

3. If DF sells you to SS or abandons you.    Example: Follower thinks you are a mark, a sucker, they don't care about you or your quests, they just want your gold.

Maybe if there was a personality system, personality 2 wouldn't sell you or dispose of you, and might not steal your equipment and sell it to that khajit.  Instead, maybe they want you to wear certain things, service them, carry their stuff, ect.

Personality 3 wouldn't bother enslaving you themself, or care what you wear, but would sell all your stuff as soon as they can justify it and then try and justify getting rid of you.

Gripes:

The abandonment "dump you in a pit ending" is badly implemented right now.  Although it does exist and is better than nothing.  I would prefer just being left with no equipment or gold and especially no licenses at an inn, or in a ditch on the road, or wherever we are right now while the DF just leaves.

Bugs

-The "I'll extend an existing deal" option is kinda busted.  Since you can't disable this option, you can always choose to extend your deals for debt relief once they are maxed out, which can be turned into real cash with gambling, and used to buy out of the deals.  IDK what purpose it serves except to prevent enslavement, which your follower kinda wants anyway right?  Why would the follower forgive your debt to extend deals that you can't afford to buy out of anyway?  They can just "take what I want, you good-for-nothing," enslave you or sell you?

-Chastity seems to have a broken event.  I seem to remember that the "Please, I can't... But..." would sometimes result in giving in to the follower, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore, and I don't know what triggers it.

-Innkeeper deal used to trigger only 1x then stop working. 

-DF blocks you from dismissing any and all followers, even the ones that are not the current DF, even if they are DF disabled.  Is this intended?  I currently use Nether's and can dismiss from the Nether's MCM menu but its annoying.

-Buying a room for only the follower at an inn doesn't reroll gold control.  IDK if intended but I don't think it was intended to softlock you out of escaping gold control, I think it was just meant to make you tired and lower your WP.

Could it only trigger one time because it was associated  with the Innkeeper faction itself (not individual innkeeper) and/or it had a miss set limit cap or the increment method was flaky about catching each time it fired. Unless the event itself which is used for catching this is flaky so could do with some kind or re-enforcement or alternate method.

The original plan for having the player character executed as a punishment, could alternatively also randomly be rolled as a method possibly if their DF is particularly nasty, they could execute or attempt to execute the player character (PC) avatar, and dump the potential corpse in a pit or by the side of the road.

Edited by Leoosp
11 hours ago, inviz.t said:

This plays better since there's more variety, but it does feel somewhat unfair as my very first deal was the petsuit deal, which is a bit extreme, but it's not too bad since the player can refuse. A tie in with harsher deals and the players willpower/resistance would help to make things feel more natural

I found a bug with the pet suit deal, when you ask your follower to remove it they agree, but it doesn't get removed, and when you leave a settlement and they announce they're going to remove it nothing happens either. The debug command in the MCM to remove it also does nothing. I spawned in a restraints key and removed it that way, and now my follower keeps repeating "Let's get you out of that suit!" when I try to talk to them - not sure if this is Devious followers or Devious Devices NG related, since there's also some weird camera issues, but that part could be down to the my mod setup.

With Devious Followers - Continued (DFC) which is the base for Devious Followers Redux, there's likely still two types of deals Classic and Modular. The Classic forms of deals have a more logical progression to them, where as the Modular are more random with less progression.

However can lead to a series of conflicting deals and/or items so could do with being a bit more logical in progression, or at least having associated with each level of rules or deals  a required device, class or type of device meta data so it can be checked against before offering and/or being applied. That way avoiding issues like the deal for consumption of items, conflicting with the one where you are gagged unless a temporary removal of the gag can be added, so item can be consumed before re-adding the gag. There's likely other potential conflicting deals or rules like this in the mod currently as well as the possibility of happening with community created addons.

This could be handled by checking with the rules and/or deals before being offered what happens for instance if a device is equipped, which is where an item consumption will occur. For instance if Food, Drink or Potion then it either needs to temporarily remove the device to do the consumption before re-applying the device or not offer the deal or rule. Also some kind of method generally will need to be provided through  the API so community rule and/or deal content creators are able to handle other DF Redux rules actions. Especially ones for worn items when applied to gags or other such items which prevent access or use of the characters mouth to consume items.

Edited by Leoosp
10 hours ago, Leoosp said:

With Devious Followers - Continued (DFC) which is the base for Devious Followers Redux, there's likely still two types of deals Classic and Modular. The Classic forms of deals have a more logical progression to them, where as the Modular are more random with less progression.

However can lead to a series of conflicting deals and/or items so could do with being a bit more logical in progression, or at least having associated with each level of rules or deals  a required device, class or type of device meta data so it can be checked against before offering and/or being applied. That way avoiding issues like the deal for consumption of items, conflicting with the one where you are gagged unless a temporary removal of the gag can be added, so item can be consumed before re-adding the gag. There's likely other potential conflicting deals or rules like this in the mod currently as well as the possibility of happening with community created addons.

This could be handled by checking with the rules and/or deals before being offered what happens for instance if a device is equipped, which is where an item consumption will occur. For instance if Food, Drink or Potion then it either needs to temporarily remove the device to do the consumption before re-applying the device or not offer the deal or rule. Also some kind of method generally will need to be provided through  the API so community rule and/or deal content creators are able to handle other DF Redux rules actions. Especially ones for worn items when applied to gags or other such items which prevent access or use of the characters mouth to consume items.

Most of the work I've done so far is on a generic conflict resolution system to combat what you've described. It works but requires some refinement hence the alpha build.

The gag is a special case and is actually somewhat linked to Devious Devices NG. In the original, the gag filter completely removes items from your inventory to prevent you from consuming them. However it doesn't actually do anything with force feeding which is accomplished by "equipping" skooma on the player. NG changes game engine behaviour to prevent equipping of consumables when gagged which creates the incompatibility.

I've added an API func in v0.1.2 that will remove the gag and temporarily pause gag rule enforcement for a bit to bypass this. I'm planning on adding a dialogue option to get your follower to not enforce the gag to give you time to eat and drink as well.

11 hours ago, Leoosp said:

Could it only trigger one time because it was associated  with the Innkeeper faction itself (not individual innkeeper) and/or it had a miss set limit cap or the increment method was flaky about catching each time it fired. Unless the event itself which is used for catching this is flaky so could do with some kind or re-enforcement or alternate method.

The original plan for having the player character executed as a punishment, could alternatively also randomly be rolled as a method possibly if their DF is particularly nasty, they could execute or attempt to execute the player character (PC) avatar, and dump the potential corpse in a pit or by the side of the road.

Don't think it's associated with individual innkeepers, I use the wenches mods and the deal triggers on the wenches in the inns.

Execution is an idea some would like, I think public whore has execution scenes that could be triggered.  Another Idea would be the follower turns you in to a guard for failing to pay your debt, and you trigger an arrest sequence.  This could link to one of the prison mods, cidna mine, ect.

The conflicting deals thing seems to affect the "games" the most?  Several of the pranks the follower plays on you are very...  fragile? and won't trigger if you are wearing the wrong thing, which is a shame since they are good content.  The Jarl game didn't seem to work at all last time I triggered it, idk if that was fixed.

15 minutes ago, Trill0 said:

Execution is an idea some would like, I think public whore has execution scenes that could be triggered.  Another Idea would be the follower turns you in to a guard for failing to pay your debt, and you trigger an arrest sequence.  This could link to one of the prison mods, cidna mine, ect.

I'm working on execution outcomes for a defeat mod so translating the logic should be somewhat straightforward. Truth be told, I'm not into snuff (or gore for that matter) but these outcomes add a very potent reason to comply. When the punishment system is modularised like what I've done with rules, executions and arrests can be added.

19 minutes ago, Trill0 said:

The conflicting deals thing seems to affect the "games" the most?  Several of the pranks the follower plays on you are very...  fragile? and won't trigger if you are wearing the wrong thing, which is a shame since they are good content.  The Jarl game didn't seem to work at all last time I triggered it, idk if that was fixed.

I can try relaxing the requirements to get these to occur but ideally there would be enough scattered throughout to consistently play out. I'm trying to see if there's a way I can trigger events from Submissive Lola (and its add-ons) through a DFR pack.

As promised, I added user-defined weights to SKSE/Plugins/Devious Followers/Config/preferences.yaml. You can edit this file directly but you will need to quit and start up skyrim anytime you make a change.

• baseScore is the default score assigned to each rule
  • belowThreshBoost is the additional weight given for rules below the target severity
  • exactThreshBoost is the additional weight given for rules exactly at the target severity
  • pathBoost is the is the additional weight given for rules who have one or more active rules
  • applyMultiplePathBoost allows you to decide if rules can be boosted multiple times if multiple rules preceding them in the path are active
  • lowWillpowerThresh defines when you're considered low willpower (at or below the threshold)
  • highWillpowerThresh defines when you're considered high willpower (at or above the threshold)
  • lowWilpowerBoost is the additional weight given for higher severity rules at low willpower
  • highWillpowerBoost is the additional weight given for lower severity rules at high willpower
  • targetSeverityMode tells DFR how to determine the target severity. This is based on the number of rules in each active deal. Max will pick severity according to the highest rule count in any deal. Median will first calculate the median number of rules in all deals and add one to this value. Mode will find the most common number of rules and add 1.

Version 0.1.3

• Added more target severity calculation methods
  • Added user-defined parameters for rule weighting
  • Fixed petsuit conditional
  • Fixed sex offer dialogue
  • Fixed device unequip

Devious Followers Redux v0.1.3.7z

Edited by ponzipyramid

Looking good!

I noticed a few bugs while testing yesterday:

Rejecting a deal doesn't seem to reset which deal you will be offered next time, you'll just get the same deal over and over

One time I got the dialogue for the gag deal, but ended up being given the collar deal

Enabling the spank deal seems broken? The Slal pack is installed and working, but that deal can't be successfully toggled (I realize this is lower priority given the current state of Monoman's mods, but thought I'd mention it regardless)

5 hours ago, Aldid said:

Looking good!

I noticed a few bugs while testing yesterday:

Rejecting a deal doesn't seem to reset which deal you will be offered next time, you'll just get the same deal over and over

One time I got the dialogue for the gag deal, but ended up being given the collar deal

Enabling the spank deal seems broken? The Slal pack is installed and working, but that deal can't be successfully toggled (I realize this is lower priority given the current state of Monoman's mods, but thought I'd mention it regardless)

Was this on v0.1.2 or a previous version?

Also, it dawned on me yesterday that the protein diet rule in Dealer's Choice is softly dependent on SLS, so I'll have to figure out some way to replace it temporarily before I can upload.

15 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

When the punishment system is modularised like what I've done with rules, executions and arrests can be added.

If this means I can turn execution off, ok. Otherwise execution, like amputation, is a definite deal-breaker for me in terms of using any mod.

47 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

If this means I can turn execution off, ok. Otherwise execution, like amputation, is a definite deal-breaker for me in terms of using any mod.

Yep, everything will always be toggleable and something like this will be its own separate pack so it won't even show up in the MCM unless you install it.

Played version 0.1.2 in VR and appears to work fine - I assume if you get forced to wear collar, mittens and shoes you also pose in a crawl mode or something? - Is that as planned? .. as I have to re-jig VRIK settings but no big deal.

0.1.3 however I get a CTD upon load (even new games) 

Which looks like just after ....

[10/25/2023 - 06:31:17PM] DF - _DDeal:Stage0

Log file attached, please ignore the DeviousTrainingMayhem spam..

Is it something silly I've done (or not done) or is it pushing VR too far?

Papyrus DF log.txt

55 minutes ago, jc321 said:

Played version 0.1.2 in VR and appears to work fine - I assume if you get forced to wear collar, mittens and shoes you also pose in a crawl mode or something? - Is that as planned? .. as I have to re-jig VRIK settings but no big deal.

0.1.3 however I get a CTD upon load (even new games) 

Which looks like just after ....

[10/25/2023 - 06:31:17PM] DF - _DDeal:Stage0

Log file attached, please ignore the DeviousTrainingMayhem spam..

Is it something silly I've done (or not done) or is it pushing VR too far?

Papyrus DF log.txt 318.49 kB · 0 downloads

I'm also getting CTDs with 0.1.3 a few seconds after creating a new game, 0.1.2 works fine. I'm on AE 1.6.640

Edited by inviz.t
8 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Was this on v0.1.2 or a previous version?

Also, it dawned on me yesterday that the protein diet rule in Dealer's Choice is softly dependent on SLS, so I'll have to figure out some way to replace it temporarily before I can upload.

This was on v0.1.2, yeah

Found another incompatible devious device - "Iron Chain Harness (Nipple Chain)", it can't be equipped since it requires a body harness

The straitjacket in towns and bind arms in towns deal conflict (at least I think so? Nothing crazy happens when both are active, but only one of them activates when entering a town, as far as I can tell - these do actually conflict, since it tries to equip/unequip both with unnatural sounding dialogue because of that)

Asking your follower to remove your straight jacket doesn't actually remove it

The straight jacket gets added and removed correctly the first time, but subsequent times nothing happens when the follower announces they're going to add/remove it

The arm binding deal, similar to the straight jacket one equips only once, and never gets removed even when the follower says they're removing it. The specific arm binding I was given is named "Steel Manacles", in case that matters

For the gag deal, the follower will unquip it to use your mouth but the sex scene doesn't play, and will then remind you to gag your mouth even though he just took it off (not included in the log)

All on ver 1.3

DeviousFollowersRedux.log

Edited by inviz.t

After buying out of the whore armor deal, it still seems to be running even though it's not listed as active in the MCM. The option to rebuy the armor is still in the dialogue and debt keeps getting added for not wearing it

Edit: the debt isn't actually getting added, not sure what's up with that. I noticed as well that a lot of the debt punishments aren't adding any debt even when they're active, I think that was a bug in DFC too, not entirely sure

Edited by inviz.t

Could you add a feature that easily add Custom whore armor or cloth?

I want to make a situation, master gave slave to wear a set of humiliating cloth set (or armor set)

and also hope there is easy way than rename other mods file. when I add some clothes not sexy but wearing it makes sexy, I can use immediatly it LOL.

actually, I want also that master changes custom whore armor in order to gradually more humiliating more nakedness

Edited by Betal
13 hours ago, inviz.t said:

Found another incompatible devious device - "Iron Chain Harness (Nipple Chain)", it can't be equipped since it requires a body harness

Removed along with the remaining harness stuff.

13 hours ago, inviz.t said:

The straitjacket in towns and bind arms in towns deal conflict

Added a new heavy bondage rule type to ensure these register as conflicting now and if I add anything similar later.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or horrible RNG, but the chastity game deal where if you roll a 6 you get to have sex, always rolls a 10 after one or two rolls

In this case, I'm blaming the game's RNG. I can maybe add some direct calls to my C++ version.

Edit: the debt isn't actually getting added, not sure what's up with that. I noticed as well that a lot of the debt punishments aren't adding any debt even when they're active, I think that was a bug in DFC too, not entirely sure

If you picked a bunch of deals, you're actually building up hidden credit so debt won't increase until you've expended that. I can either add a negative value to debt or have a separate credit field in the MCM if that's helpful?

2 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

If you picked a bunch of deals, you're actually building up hidden credit so debt won't increase until you've expended that. I can either add a negative value to debt or have a separate credit field in the MCM if that's helpful?

That explains it, I had no idea there was a proper credit system in this mod - both a negative debt value and separate credit field sound like good additions to me, choose whichever you think would work best / be easier to implement

Edited by inviz.t
20 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Fixed DLL for v0.1.3:

Fine working in VR now :)

Couple of observations with the deals but this is though a single playthrough only

Deal to wear Pony suit - (which worked perfectly with correct animations and height in VR)

When wearing and asking to take off .. this happens fine .. but if staying in town (after walking a little) you don't get the threatened forced suit that you can't take off but you get the let's get you equipped again .. Did the ask for removal a few times as I wanted to get to exiting town location so have 3 suits in my inventory .. At that point once entering Wilderness Follower kept saying "can't wait to see you in that pony outfit again .. every 10 seconds or so) and then when trying to talk to her she say's let's get you out of the pony suit .. which did the removal OK but that was the only dialogue going forward .. Even dropping all the existing outfits in my inventory didn't appear to work .. I did a debug reset follower and fixed it.

When getting the whore sign deal and the pony tail deal  Follower said "Oh you need help with equipping this .. " .. the tail .. but this removed the whore sign and then got berated for not having the whore sign equipped.. so given pay punishment

Also noticed around this time of whore deal that I had a new dialogue to say "I've lost my whore armour can I buy another" .. but don't recall armour being a requirement with the whore sign offer and never had the deal to wear whore armour come up.

NB:- (for VR only) Pony tail deal which forces you to crawl doesn't seem to alter height (which the pony suit one did) - and the body (if looking at 3rd person) is in a twisted state .. It's fixable by manually recalibrating height within the VRIK MCM so not a major issue but pointing it out just incase there's something obvious between the crawl animation and ponysuit animation 

When wearing chastity belt deal but also being asked to offer sex once a day to follower .. Follower removes belt .. runs sexlab animation .. belt re-equipped but get a dialogue to say you've removed the belt .. and then penalty payment

Weird scenario - But this is a post reset of follower in MCM - So maybe non issue if no one else experiences it

I requested a couple of more deals .. which worked fine .. Left town Whilst still with pony tail deal and a few others and decided with the money I had obtained from agreeing to a load of deals (but also with follower handling my gold) decided to pay off my deals .. This all worked apart from pony tail wouldn't unequip .. even though in wilderness.

However once paid off 4 deals .. I didn't have the dialogue to start any new deals .. only option for gold 

So just referencing that incase anyone else has seen it or it's actually by default that once you pay off the deals (but in debt with follower) you can't initiate anymore deals. 

Other than that .. great fun. 

Thanks for continuing... 

5 hours ago, jc321 said:

Deal to wear Pony suit - (which worked perfectly with correct animations and height in VR)

Just clarifying, do you mean the pet suit?

5 hours ago, jc321 said:

So just referencing that incase anyone else has seen it or it's actually by default that once you pay off the deals (but in debt with follower) you can't initiate anymore deals. 

What was your debt when this occurred? Looking at the dialogue conditionals, you won't get the option to get more deals if your debt is at 0 AND you've paid off everything. Like hidden credit, I haven't changed that but it might need some tweaking depending on player expectations.

Edited by ponzipyramid
13 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Just clarifying, do you mean the pet suit?

Yes, apologies, Pet suit!

13 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

What was your debt when this occurred? Looking at the dialogue conditionals, you won't get the option to get more deals if your debt is at 0 AND you've paid off everything. Like hidden credit, I haven't changed that but it might need some tweaking depending on player expectations.

I'll look to re-create the scenario again but I managed to buy out of all my deals through the money given to me by the follower by accepting deals. (Follower was also handling my gold).

So even though I paid out of the deals that was done through the money I received by agreeing to the deals. Once I had no deals I no longer had the deal dialogue only the gold one (and with that enabled not immediately obvious what my debt would be with that option enabled) ..

I didn't trigger any wait/sleep time post this .. so not sure if I'd waited 24 hours debt would start accruing again (with dialogue re-appearing) so this is all based on immediately clearing my deals and then trying request a new one.