- Whore armor deal: Working

- Milking deal: Untested

- Tape gag deal: Untested

- Whore deal: Untested

- Spank deal: Untested

- "Inn Keeper" deal: Untested

- "Merchant" deal: Untested in this version, but worked in the previous

- Potion quest: Bugged [2]

- Boredom events: The ones I tested worked (equipping pony devices, equipping piercings etc.)

- Gold control: Working

- SLS Licenses: Possibly working (needs to be tested more)

- MCM debug functions, such as the removal of devices and addition of debt: Working

- Gambling: Working

- Device removal game: Untested

- Enslavement: Untested

- Chaos mode: Untested

- Gold theft: Untested

- "Hardcore" mode: Untested

[1] This needs some more testing, but I've *never* seen a roll ever succeed for sex, and it tends to give the same dialogue each time

[2] The potion quest will eventually completely break, and when you ask for (spoilers: his cum) the dialogue will just end after he explains the situation you're in. I don't believe the debuffs are applying correctly either

[3],[4] The chastity deal currently equips a random chastity belt, that means some wont have an open rear slot, which it should as that's what the original DF mod used. I'm not sure if the chastity "game" deal also had an open rear slot or not, or if it used a unique belt

This mod is in a really good state right now with only minor bugs, so I'd say it's stable enough to be posted with its own mod page - great work on the quick progress/bug fixing so far!

Edited by inviz.t
6 hours ago, inviz.t said:

I speedran v0.1.5 to try break it, anything not listed wasn't tested

- Amulet deal: Working

- Circlet deal: Working

- Ring deal: Working
- Gag deal: Working

- Chastity deal: Working, but has some incompatibilities [3]

- Chastity "game" deal: Possibly bugged [1]

- Skooma deal: Working

- Lactacid deal: Working

- Gloves deal: Working

- Arm / Leg cuffs deal: Working

- Boots deal: Working

- Straitjacket deal: Working

- Armbinder deal: Working

- Sex deal: Working

- Blindfold deal: Working

- Collar deal: Working

- Cum covering deal: Working

- "Expensive" deal: Working

- "Key" deal: Working

- Petsuit deal: Working

- Anal plug deal: Working, but has some incompatibilities [4]

- Boots deal: Working

- Corset deal: Working

- Dialogue strip deal: Working

- "Extend" deal: Working

- Nipple piercing deal: Working

- Vaginal piercing deal: Working

- Whore armor deal: Working

- Milking deal: Untested

- Spank deal: Untested

- "Inn Keeper" deal: Untested

- "Merchant" deal: Untested in this version, but worked in the previous

- Potion quest: Bugged [2]

- Boredom events: The ones I tested worked (equipping pony devices, equipping piercings etc.)

- Gold control: Working

- SLS Licenses: Possibly working (needs to be tested more)

- MCM debug functions, such as the removal of devices and addition of debt: Working

- Gambling: Working

- Device removal game: Untested

- Enslavement: Untested

- Chaos mode: Untested

- Gold theft: Untested

- "Hardcore" mode: Untested

[1] This needs some more testing, but I've *never* seen a roll ever succeed for sex, and it tends to give the same dialogue each time

[2] The potion quest will eventually completely break, and when you ask for (spoilers: his cum) the dialogue will just end after he explains the situation you're in. I don't believe the debuffs are applying correctly either

[3],[4] The chastity deal currently equips a random chastity belt, that means some wont have an open rear slot, which it should as that's what the original DF mod used. I'm not sure if the chastity "game" deal also had an open rear slot or not, or if it used a unique belt

This mod is in a really good state right now with only minor bugs, so I'd say it's stable enough to be posted with its own mod page - great work on the quick progress/bug fixing so far!

Thank you so much for such detailed, structured feedback; genuinely a godsend this close to release.

[1] How many times have you tried it? The probability of success it at most 1/6 and I'm not seeing any logical mistakes in the scripts. I can try bumping up the success probability for testing purposes. I also added some logging in the scripts to see what the actual rolled value is. If the report comes up again we'll at least be able to confirm exactly what the roll is.

[2] I've disabled the option to enable this in the MCM, this was always buggy and its not something I think is worth worrying about anytime soon.

[3, 4] I've hard coded the belt to be open and added additional conditionals to let your follower swap out a closed belt for an open one to allow you to put the plug back in (for both the whore and anal plug rules). Additionally, you're follower won't penalize you until they swap out your belt.

Regarding @jc321's issues, I can't find any issues with the cum covering rule, might've just taken a bit for the idle dialogue to trigger. The crawl in town rule in the original didn't have any removal/enforcement mechanisms so my assumption is that this was always bugged, but it should be fixed now. Also found that the naked deal was missing a script, should be fixed and selectable now.

I guess with that it's time to post ?

...and await the inevitable bug reports about all the things I missed.

Edited by ponzipyramid
2 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

[1] How many times have you tried it? The probability of success it at most 1/6 and I'm not seeing any logical mistakes in the scripts. I can try bumping up the success probability for testing purposes. I also added some logging in the scripts to see what the actual rolled value is. If the report comes up again we'll at least be able to confirm exactly what the roll is.

I'd say I tried the sex roll about 7~ times, so it's possibly just bad luck, thanks for adding the extra debug functions

I also just tried the new Dealers Choice deals and I love what you added, but I kept having issues with the choices/options for the deals not appearing in my followers dialogue tree at times, i.e there was no option to exercise, to ask if I can eat etc., but the option to offer food to my follower was always there and that worked fine.

I'm not using any follower framework so I'm not sure what the issue here is, if it's a bug in the code or an issue with my game, is anyone else having the same issue?

These are my currently active deals and there's two entries for "Protein Diet", maybe that's related?:

Diet.png

Edited by inviz.t
added a screenshot
2 hours ago, inviz.t said:

I'd say I tried the sex roll about 7~ times, so it's possibly just bad luck, thanks for adding the extra debug functions

I also just tried the new Dealers Choice deals and I love what you added, but I kept having issues with the choices/options for the deals not appearing in my followers dialogue tree at times, i.e there was no option to exercise, to ask if I can eat etc., but the option to offer food to my follower was always there and that worked fine.

I'm not using any follower framework so I'm not sure what the issue here is, if it's a bug in the code or an issue with my game, is anyone else having the same issue?

These are my currently active deals and there's two entries for "Protein Diet", maybe that's related?:

Diet.png

The duplicate rules issue is unrelated but fixed. So you're not seeing the dialogue option About my fitness... or you're not seeing the sub dialogue within that branch?

Oh, I just remembered I also had this issue! If I recall correctly, exercising would turn off the entire "About fitness" topic, blocking you from eating.

The protein task also broke once (thee third race wasn't added to the quest so it couldn't be completed), but it worked on later attempts.

Wonderful work on all the new deals by the way! I really like them.

2 hours ago, Aldid said:

Oh, I just remembered I also had this issue! If I recall correctly, exercising would turn off the entire "About fitness" topic, blocking you from eating.

The protein task also broke once (thee third race wasn't added to the quest so it couldn't be completed), but it worked on later attempts.

Wonderful work on all the new deals by the way! I really like them.

I actually had the eating deal one come up yesterday first time and wasn't sure how to initiate, but following exercise deal as well I saw the Fitness dialogue come up .. which also allowed me to start the eating dialogue .. so kind of opposite to you?

Regarding the Eating I was given the challenge for sourcing from 3 different clients, I found 1 but then asked follower to buy the rest. 

I received 5-6 bottles and drank them all (MCM quest details seemed to suggest now drinking them all) but couldn't get follower to recognise I'd completed it even though MCM said I had .. Only done a single playthrough so far.

12 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

- "Inn Keeper" deal: Untested

- "Merchant" deal: Untested in this version, but worked in the previous

I've experienced all above and they all appear to work fine from first playthroughs

10 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

The duplicate rules issue is unrelated but fixed. So you're not seeing the dialogue option About my fitness... or you're not seeing the sub dialogue within that branch?

@Aldid and @jc321 described it best - the way it breaks honestly feels totally random. One thing I want to note is that in the original DF deals, all of the daily tasks you have appear in the sub dialogue (AFAIK) of "Can I speak to you/Sorry, can I ask you something..?" rather than the main dialogue tree, I originally couldn't find these new deal dialogues because I didn't expect them to appear there, then they broke after I exercised, leaving only the "Can I get you something to eat" dialogue

Two very stupid mistakes: I accidentally toggled the end quest on scene end option for the workout and forgot to add an objective marker in the Protein Quest for redguards. Issues with duplicate rules and aforementioned bugs have also been resolved.

Devious Followers Redux v0.1.6.7z Dealer's Choice v0.2.1.7z

While folks are testing that out, I'll share some future development plans. I'm going to continue fixing DFR but I'll be switching mainline development over to Slaves of Tamriel in my endless quest to get interesting outcomes for SS++. That mod is in a considerably rougher state than DFC was so, for the sake of my sanity, I'll prob take frequent breaks to work on new rules and things like the relationship progression system.

And on that topic, thanks to everyone who made suggestions. I do have my own list (mostly lifted from Wartimes) I want to work on first: clothing modification, makeup, tattoos, and hairstyling but definitely planning to move on to all these ideas after that, Full disclosure, fixes and improvements will go up for everyone as they're implemented but I am planning on releasing new rules into early access first. They will become public after that period is over.

@Aldid are you still interested in creating in your own rules? I can write up a guide now that DFR is in a (mostly) stable state.

Edited by ponzipyramid
On 11/3/2023 at 9:34 PM, ponzipyramid said:

Two very stupid mistakes: I accidentally toggled the end quest on scene end option for the workout and forgot to add an objective marker in the Protein Quest for redguards. Issues with duplicate rules and aforementioned bugs have also been resolved.

Devious Followers Redux v0.1.6.7z 15.25 MB · 15 downloads Dealer's Choice v0.2.1.7z 244.24 kB · 14 downloads

While folks are testing that out, I'll share some future development plans. I'm going to continue fixing DFR but

in my endless quest to get interesting outcomes for SS++. That mod is in a considerably rougher state than DFC was so, for the sake of my sanity, I'll prob take frequent breaks to work on new rules and things like the relationship progression system.

And on that topic, thanks to everyone who made suggestions. I do have my own list (mostly lifted from Wartimes) I want to work on first: clothing modification, makeup, tattoos, and hairstyling but definitely planning to move on to all these ideas after that, Full disclosure, fixes and improvements will go up for everyone as they're implemented but I am planning on releasing new rules into early access first. They will become public after that period is over.

@Aldid are you still interested in creating in your own rules? I can write up a guide now that DFR is in a (mostly) stable state.

Balm in town - Trigger seems to work now.

Re:- Pet tail 

Still having issues but notice that if I'm equipped with Cute Pony Tail .. once this is equipped, nothing seems to un-equip it .. although noises etc.. happen if you try to through inventory etc..

My previous attempts has always been equipping myself.

Played through without equipping myself and entering town Follower equipped for me and then "removed" for me when leaving.

I say removed as the item was still visible upon my character however if I looked at the item it was listed as pet tail Vor (roughly like that) which I could un-equip myself with no issue.

Re:- Circlet Deal

Given deal to wear gag of which was a pony one blinders.

This unequipped the circlet and was unable to put it back on but Follower berating me for not wearing it.

Finally (although in wrong thread) did you see my message about getting the DLL error in DD-NG with this mod which triggered at the point in Exercise deal where I was being equipped a gag... My theory being NPC's would have been wearing them at the location I got the error in Devious Lore .. Maybe putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 3 but wanted to flag it. 

On 11/3/2023 at 9:34 PM, ponzipyramid said:

switching mainline development over to Slaves of Tamriel

Best news I've heard all day :) 

25 minutes ago, jc321 said:

Balm in town - Trigger seems to work now.

Re:- Pet tail 

Still having issues but notice that if I'm equipped with Cute Pony Tail .. once this is equipped, nothing seems to un-equip it .. although noises etc.. happen if you try to through inventory etc..

My previous attempts has always been equipping myself.

Played through without equipping myself and entering town Follower equipped for me and then "removed" for me when leaving.

I say removed as the item was still visible upon my character however if I looked at the item it was listed as pet tail Vor (roughly like that) which I could un-equip myself with no issue.

Re:- Circlet Deal

Given deal to wear gag of which was a pony one blinders.

This unequipped the circlet and was unable to put it back on but Follower berating me for not wearing it.

Finally (although in wrong thread) did you see my message about getting the DLL error in DD-NG with this mod which triggered at the point in Exercise deal where I was being equipped a gag... My theory being NPC's would have been wearing them at the location I got the error in Devious Lore .. Maybe putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 3 but wanted to flag it. 

Best news I've heard all day :) 

Took a look at the plug and it turns out they use a different escape interface compared to the tail plugs in Devious Devices. Changed that and the punishment dialogue was also missing a script. Should hopefully address this.

Thank you for bringing Devious Follower to the next level! I will try out the Redux version soon but I also saw the Potion Quest being suspended due to bugs.

I encountered some problems with the Potion Quest in original DFC as well and "fixed" them for myself a while ago because I quite liked the idea of the quest and wanted to share some solutions and ideas.

If I remember correctly the responses in "_DFlowPotionAsk" were setting a 'nState' variable in the DFPotionQuest, depending on which response was chosen, to keep the response if dialogue is interrupted. But the "OR" flag in all response conditions were switched and essentially lead to being always false if dialogue is not followed through.

On original DFC, the condition list looks like (for gold response):

(A) Player.GoldAmount >= 1000 AND

(B) IsDFGoldModeEnabled == False AND

(C) GetQuestvariable(_DFPotionQuest::nState_var) = 2 AND

(D) GetQuestvariable(_DFPotionQuest::nState_var) = 0 OR

which evaluates as A && B && C && D where C and D can not both be true. It should be

(C) GetQuestvariable(_DFPotionQuest::nState_var) = 2 OR

(D) GetQuestvariable(_DFPotionQuest::nState_var) = 0 AND

which correctly evaluates as A && B && (C || D). This needs to be changed for all responses and fixed the broken dialogue for me.

With this fix the quest works quite stable, only the armor weight debuff can be cheesed with perks making worn armor weightless (0*x = 0)

Also I would suggest adding the PotionQuest (or something similar) to the ForceGreet outcomes when you exceed the debt limit. It offers a nice narrative where you are initially free of debt but are eventually forced back to your old follower. This comes with the drawback of less variety for devious followers though if the playthrough is continued.

Also also, there is even a disabled mechanic for the Potion quest which can punish the player, if they do not meet the gold requirements, by shortening the interval between "feedings". This is however not communicated well to the player (just a message in top left) and essentially never occurs if the dialogue conditions aren't changed but it could be useful.

Some additional outcomes of the current Potion quest could be:

(1) only one gold requirement dialogue option with random amounts of gold based on the daily fee (so it scales for higher levels). if the player begs to be fed but doesn't have enogh gold the master could decide to shorten the time between feedings as punishment

(2) more harsh devices during tie up with later release after a certain time

(3) doing game like tasks like the original straitjacket/pony/tied up during sleep games

Cheers

I guess it's not a very popular demand (or it's tricky to implement), but I'll still suggest YPS-related deals (aka Immersive Fashion). I've only seen them in Wartimes' tweak by Monoman, but he gave up on that mod. Basically the owner can require certain hair style/color, lipstick color, etc. Some rules might conflict with devious devices (e.g. if PC's arms are bound, then she can't color her nails), but personally I prefer to disable heavy bondage anyway, so it shouldn't be too big a problem.

On 11/5/2023 at 11:09 PM, lolic said:

Thank you for bringing Devious Follower to the next level! I will try out the Redux version soon but I also saw the Potion Quest being suspended due to bugs.

I encountered some problems with the Potion Quest in original DFC as well and "fixed" them for myself a while ago because I quite liked the idea of the quest and wanted to share some solutions and ideas.

If I remember correctly the responses in "_DFlowPotionAsk" were setting a 'nState' variable in the DFPotionQuest, depending on which response was chosen, to keep the response if dialogue is interrupted. But the "OR" flag in all response conditions were switched and essentially lead to being always false if dialogue is not followed through.

which evaluates as A && B && C && D where C and D can not both be true. It should be

which correctly evaluates as A && B && (C || D). This needs to be changed for all responses and fixed the broken dialogue for me.

With this fix the quest works quite stable, only the armor weight debuff can be cheesed with perks making worn armor weightless (0*x = 0)

Also I would suggest adding the PotionQuest (or something similar) to the ForceGreet outcomes when you exceed the debt limit. It offers a nice narrative where you are initially free of debt but are eventually forced back to your old follower. This comes with the drawback of less variety for devious followers though if the playthrough is continued.

Also also, there is even a disabled mechanic for the Potion quest which can punish the player, if they do not meet the gold requirements, by shortening the interval between "feedings". This is however not communicated well to the player (just a message in top left) and essentially never occurs if the dialogue conditions aren't changed but it could be useful.

(1) only one gold requirement dialogue option with random amounts of gold based on the daily fee (so it scales for higher levels). if the player begs to be fed but doesn't have enogh gold the master could decide to shorten the time between feedings as punishment

(3) doing game like tasks like the original straitjacket/pony/tied up during sleep games

Cheers

As someone who loves the idea of the Potion quest but never got to try it due to bugs, I'd love to see this integrated into Redux, thanks for sharing and debugging this!

On 11/5/2023 at 6:09 PM, lolic said:

Cheers

Thanks for this! I'll look into making the changes and prob putting up a preview build with that here.

On 11/6/2023 at 3:34 AM, Vigor said:

I guess it's not a very popular demand (or it's tricky to implement), but I'll still suggest YPS-related deals (aka Immersive Fashion). I've only seen them in Wartimes' tweak by Monoman, but he gave up on that mod. Basically the owner can require certain hair style/color, lipstick color, etc. Some rules might conflict with devious devices (e.g. if PC's arms are bound, then she can't color her nails), but personally I prefer to disable heavy bondage anyway, so it shouldn't be too big a problem.

Actually next on my list. Wanting the stuff from Wartimes in Devious Followers was one of the motivations behind this project. And regarding the conflict, there's no reason why your follower can't help apply the makeup for you if you're bound although they might expect something in return ;).

Edited by ponzipyramid
9 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

Actually next on my list. Wanting the stuff from Wartimes in Devious Followers was one of the motivations behind this project. And regarding the conflict, there's no reason why your follower can't help apply the makeup for you if you're bound although they might expect something in return ;).

Awesome to hear! The implementation is obviously up to your taste, but I would love to see it similar to Wartimes, when "deals" are forced rather than PC just agrees to use lipstick to "pay" the follower. Maybe the follower just doesn't want to be around a bad looking PC^^

On YPS integration - there's a bunch I love about that mod, and some things I find challenging to manage.

What are the odds the the DFF would enable using makeup from other mods beyond DFF? There are a good number of makeup mods (Koraline's for example) that allow looks not supported by YPS?

1 hour ago, Anunya said:

What are the odds the the DFF would enable using makeup from other mods beyond DFF? There are a good number of makeup mods (Koraline's for example) that allow looks not supported by YPS?

I don't think you'd find many out there arguing that YPS produces the 'best looking' makeup.  I use it for the addiction, training and economy, they work as a great supplement to DF's debt economy. 

I think YPS is still going to give the best options for tracking that status of the player characters appearance.  The goal isn't to just change the appearance of the PC. YPS establishes a gameplay loop where the player sometimes has makeup on, and sometimes doesn't and provides ways to move between those two states.

If you just want the PC to look like she has makeup on, just use showracemenu (that's what I do). A deal could potentially be done that just gives a dialogue prompt, and then opens the racemenu for the player to just make whatever changes they want.  It actually might be a great idea a substitute for players that don't want to install YPS.  I'm ok with a little bit of honor system roleplay.

Yeah YPS is great in the economy and implementation of application, wear, smudging, and reapplication.

I just wish I liked the way it made the character look... if there was a way to apply some of those other make-up packages. I guess I could potentially substitute a different .dds image file for the eyeshadow and lipstick slavetats in my local installation... but I guess that's a topic for the YPS thread, not here.

Two questions:

1) What does the "FNIS Compatibility" checkbox in the MCM do?

2) Are there any plans to incorporate licenses (BME or SLS) into DFF? DFC had that feature, and personally I liked the idea. On one hand it's convenient to have licenses taken care of, and provides another reason to seek a Devious Follower. On the other hand, it's a good tool for the Devious Follower for increasing dependence and maintain control of the player.

57 minutes ago, Anunya said:

1) What does the "FNIS Compatibility" checkbox in the MCM do?

It's a mode for users who don't want to use OAR for crawling animations.

57 minutes ago, Anunya said:

2) Are there any plans to incorporate licenses (BME or SLS) into DFF? DFC had that feature, and personally I liked the idea. On one hand it's convenient to have licenses taken care of, and provides another reason to seek a Devious Follower. On the other hand, it's a good tool for the Devious Follower for increasing dependence and maintain control of the player.

SLS should still work, are you running into issues when enabling it? I've spoken to Gyra about BMLE integration so that'll happen for the next feature version.

Edited by ponzipyramid

In Dealer's Choice I've successfully used the custom.json to specify a different dress for the maid uniform (yeay! :D )

Is it possible to add more than one item as part of the maid uniform in the json (as many of the maid uniform outfits have separate upper and lower parts)?

Also is it possible to put more than one item in and have the maid uniform be randomly chosen from that list? I expect the answer is no and this is not a feature request, but I thought I'd ask :)

Edited by Anunya
13 hours ago, Anunya said:

Is it possible to add more than one item as part of the maid uniform in the json (as many of the maid uniform outfits have separate upper and lower parts)?

Also is it possible to put more than one item in and have the maid uniform be randomly chosen from that list? I expect the answer is no and this is not a feature request, but I thought I'd ask :)

This is actually how the remade whore armor rule works - top and bottom pieces and a randomized pool within each category so I can do the same for the maid rule. Also, since I've been getting some bug reports in the DC thread, did you notice any oddity with the maid rule?

3 hours ago, ponzipyramid said:

This is actually how the remade whore armor rule works - top and bottom pieces and a randomized pool within each category so I can do the same for the maid rule. Also, since I've been getting some bug reports in the DC thread, did you notice any oddity with the maid rule?

Whore Armour: I imported over my custom whore armour meshes from previous installs, but didn't test it. I assume if you want the "random top and bottom" you don't use custom armour, is that right? Is this something you can customize at the moment? Also, I assume you need a flavour of TAWOBA installed for the random tops and bottoms - is there a particular one that's needed?

Maid Rule: the only thing I tested was accepting the deal, getting the uniform, and putting it on - which I tested with a custom uniform. The only weirdness I got is that the default Apachii Maid uniform (after I installed the mod) gave my PC invisible legs, but that's down to Apachii Maids and is apparently fixed with some nifscope editing or some such (which I didn't bother with, I just got a different uniform).