Skyrim LE or SE?

21 minutes ago, zyr3344 said:

I want to play skyrim for adult mods, but I don't know which edition is the best. Can anyone give me some advice?

In general, any mod can be ported between LE/SE rather easily with automated tools. The exception to this being mods with an SKSE plugin. Having said that, I would recommend just using SE. It is more up to date and a lot of (non adult anyway) mods are no longer being developed for LE. Plus it doesn't have the memory limitations that LE does. There are a few things LE has that SE doesn't, like the HDT-PE system and more ENB options, but I would stick to SE unless you have some specific reason to use LE. 

11 minutes ago, bnub345 said:

In general, any mod can be ported between LE/SE rather easily with automated tools. The exception to this being mods with an SKSE plugin. Having said that, I would recommend just using SE. It is more up to date and a lot of (non adult anyway) mods are no longer being developed for LE. Plus it doesn't have the memory limitations that LE does. There are a few things LE has that SE doesn't, like the HDT-PE system and more ENB options, but I would stick to SE unless you have some specific reason to use LE. 

Thanks for your reply. So is there any amazing adult mod that exclusive for LE? Why the posts about LE in forum much more than SE? Is it means LE still more popular than SE?

1 minute ago, zyr3344 said:

Thanks for your reply. So is there any amazing adult mod that exclusive for LE? Why the posts about LE in forum much more than SE? Is it means LE still more popular than SE?

While I still play LE you should realize that it was available for years prior to SE coming out. That time lag is the cause of the increased number of posts. However, some of my favorite mods (and combinations of mods) aren't available for SE, so I still use LE. If you choose to go that route (LE) then I would strongly encourage you to look at @donttouchmethere's blog about setting up an LE game. It provides the means to get around the limitations that @bnub345 correctly identifies. 

27 minutes ago, bnub345 said:

You mean, if I ignore the hardware of my computer, plugined and modded both of them, the SE still have a better graphic than LE, besides adult mods and clothes mods in LE can transform to SE simply, right?

6 minutes ago, Psalam said:

While I still play LE you should realize that it was available for years prior to SE coming out. That time lag is the cause of the increased number of posts. However, some of my favorite mods (and combinations of mods) aren't available for SE, so I still use LE. If you choose to go that route (LE) then I would strongly encourage you to look at @donttouchmethere's blog about setting up an LE game. It provides the means to get around the limitations that @bnub345 correctly identifies. 

Thx, but I don't know which mods are exclusive for LE, so I can't make a decision, both of them have lots of mods and are newbie-unfriendly so that I can't have a try with both of them.Can you list some valuable adult mods which can't be used in SE?

20 hours ago, zyr3344 said:

Thx, but I don't know which mods are exclusive for LE, so I can't make a decision, both of them have lots of mods and are newbie-unfriendly so that I can't have a try with both of them.Can you list some valuable adult mods which can't be used in SE?

While I frankly admit that I was thinking primarily of non-adult material (like Complete Crafting), I would consider HDT physics a big loss (for both adult and non-adult mods).

20 hours ago, zyr3344 said:

If you are into bondage, I'd suggest to stay on LE. Devious Devices and ZAZ are both developed and maintained on LE, same with Laura's Bondage Shop.

If you don't care much for bondage but want to watch humpty-dumpty, that's said to be better on SE (if you find the right version of the mod/SKSE/fuz ro d'oh to get your setup up and running for this week's new and exclusive SSE version that shatters your modlist again)

On 1/15/2023 at 8:33 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

If you are into bondage, I'd suggest to stay on LE. Devious Devices and ZAZ are both developed and maintained on LE, same with Laura's Bondage Shop.

If you don't care much for bondage but want to watch humpty-dumpty, that's said to be better on SE (if you find the right version of the mod/SKSE/fuz ro d'oh to get your setup up and running for this week's new and exclusive SSE version that shatters your modlist again)

It's all about personal kinks

The problem is that most people play LE or they play SE. Very few play both, so it's hard to get even comparisons.

Personally, I play SE and I'm having a good time. My impression (but it's just that, an impression because I haven't tried to mod LE) is that there's a bit more work when it comes to LL mods in SE - because a bunch of them are authored for LE, and typically someone has to convert them to SE and that doesn't always happen in a consistent fashion. So when it comes to inter-mod dependencies, SE seems to have more uncertainty and often the SE version of LE mods are hard to find (as they're user conversions living in random thread posts).

On the flip-side, I think it's typically easier to convert mods from LE to SE than vice versa. This means that there are a bunch of mods made by SE folks that will likely never be converted to LE. I don't think that's so much the case with LL mods, but a non-trivial number of non-LL mods.

Edited by Anunya
5 hours ago, ASDASDASD_Smasher said:

I can't get SE to work at all because address library doesn't work for me. Even when i try to install it the NMM screams that I have wrong version even tough I downloaded the correct one. Any ideas how to solve?

I would highly recommend Mod Organizer over NMM, NMM is just not good for modern day modding and Mod Organizer makes everything much easier including auto-sorting modlists and even including tools that you can easily access by adding them to the Mod Organizer client like SSE edit, FNIS, LOOT, and other functions for game editing. You can also edit ini files quite easily once you set up the directories. Overall, it just makes everything more convenient. I never had any issues with address library, and would just make sure you have the right version, as there is a special edition and an anniversary version now. 

Edited by Zapadoza
4 hours ago, Zapadoza said:

I would highly recommend Mod Organizer over NMM, NMM is just not good for modern day modding

What the hell is "modern day modding"? Skyrim LE is eleven years old and SE six years old. Am I wrong in thinking that MO works only with Skyrim?

MO evangelists - ???