MO2 refuses to launch after initial download… HELP!

Mod Organizer 2 not launching itself after initial installation.

Hi, hoping someone can help because I really need some direction and am baffled as to what could be stopping the MO2 application from launching. Let me be clear, my problem is not that MO2 will not launch SKSE, rather in general the application MO2 will not launch at all. 

I just got a new PC. On my old PC, I had MO2 functioning perfectly, no issues. Set up the new PC and I installed MO2 as I normally would in the folder I normally would. My file path is: 

(C:)\Modding\MO2

I did not put it in program files. When I complete installation of MO2 and attempt to launch, absolutely nothing happens. I can run as admin to get it to open but that does not allow me to download mods from nexus. I tried that, and when I try to download SkyUI, nothing appears in my downloads in MO2. I suspect it is because I am running as admin, when really I know I shouldn’t have to do that to begin with. 

Any help is very much appreciated, I’d love an idea of how to move forward and I am happy to produce any further info that could help determine why this is happening. I haven’t had any luck finding an answer online, the only problems I’ve read about regarding MO2 is it not launching SKSE, not that the application itself will not launch.

Edit: I also ensured that I downloaded and launched Skyrim SE once as well. Everything with Steam setup should be solid. SKSE is also installed.

I always run MO2 as admin and don't have any issues with it.  No problems with doing that and downloading mods from Nexus for me that way either.

Did you remember to configure the settings (screwdriver and wrench icon top left) and go to the Nexus tab to input your Nexus account info?

If MO2 will only launch when running as admin, I would wonder if your new computer has some sort of security setting that's blocking it.

Nothing in Event Viewer?

1. Anti-virus not liking it?
  2. Did you do anything else with the modding and/or MO2 directories? Fiddled with the permissions?
  3. Did you run MO2 as admin the first time you ran it? Like for instance, did you use an installer of some kind (as admin) then started MO2 from that installer as part of the final step?