{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Rewrote the original post and getting errors (as seen in the Credits section).  To all who are following this thread and getting spammed with notifications about updates, the reason is because I have been trying to fix the posting errors (luckily it's contained in the Credits section).

I wanted to use this race in Requiem; but I couldn't go through the standard way of doing it because it's an ESM and not an ESP so I can't lower it in the list to make Requiem it's master file.

Anyone know what I can do? 

Have you tried creating a 'patch' in the form of a plugin which uses the Requiem and Elin masters as dependencies?  I have not used Requiem since it's first release so I do not know what exactly needs to be done to make the Elins compatible with the latest version.

Maybe to create an empty skyrim.esm? I did so for nehrim...

/////////===============

Can I post my mod/elin farm/ to the nexus?

Since the Elins are not allowed at Nexus, the answer would be, "no".  I remember, approximately 2 year ago, someone uploading an "Elin Voice" mod which was quickly removed. 

You can ask the Nexus moderators to be sure if you can or can not.

Just noticed the animations seem to require PCEA, but it's not in the required mods list. Just placing this here for anyone that's as puzzled as I was, as to why I was stuck t-posed even after running FNIS for the 5th time. Maybe it will help someone...

Version 1.0 and 1.1 (no longer available) requires PCEA.

Version 2.0 (currently available) integrates PCEA so it is not required as a separate installation. 

When running the FNIS generator, select the PCEA patch from the 3rd option listed at the bottom of the generator window.  In fact, you need to select the first 3 patches as instructed in the Elin race main post.

Believe me when I say I tried to eliminate the need for PCEA by creating a custom folder scheme and modified the animations files to use the new folders as inspired by PCEA, but the FNIS executable seems to be hard-coded to specifically locate PCEA's folder.

installed main and the v2 Textures and the Bodyslide thing. 

Cant change either the Textures, so my Toon always uses underwear and the same texture for the skin, nor can i change the Body via bodyslide.

Other races get changed, except elin.

What do i do wrong?

Cant change either the Textures, so my Toon always uses underwear and the same texture for the skin, nor can i change the Body via bodyslide.

What do i do wrong?

Did you install the body replacer option?

2015Nov13_Option_NewElinBodies_BBP_TBBP_v3.7z

This installs CBBE or UNP replacers.  The v2 texture pack and bodyslide created meshes requires the CBBE/UNP Elin body.

The texture pack automatically installs the files in the Elin folder, but, in the case of bodyslide, you need to manually move the meshes to this folder:

MESHES > ACTORS > 2chELIN BBP BODY FIX

The best method is to click-n-hold the CTRL key when you build the body so that the meshes are saved in the bodyslide folder then move to the aforementioned folder and overwrite the body meshes.

NOTE: Depending on which body option you choose, a plugin will be installed.  The CBBE/UNP Elin body will be used by all Elins, but if you do not move the body option plugin AFTER the Elin followers/NPC/enemies plugins then they will override the body replacer.

What do i do wrong?

This installs CBBE or UNP replacers.  The v2 texture pack and bodyslide created meshes requires the CBBE/UNP Elin body.

The texture pack automatically installs the files in the Elin folder, but, in the case of bodyslide, you need to manually move the meshes to this folder:

The best method is to click-n-hold the CTRL key when you build the body so that the meshes are saved in the bodyslide folder then move to the aforementioned folder and overwrite the body meshes.

NOTE: Depending on which body option you choose, a plugin will be installed.  The CBBE/UNP Elin body will be used by all Elins, but if you do not move the body option plugin AFTER the Elin followers/NPC/enemies plugins then they will override the body replacer.

Kinda forgot the 2015Nov13_Option_NewElinBodies_BBP_TBBP_v3.7z ..

Now its working like it should, As well as the BS. Thanks for the Hint.

Go Elins as child- or MosterRace- ? Because they are excluded in.. almost every Mod i have, except HDT-System and some other stuff. They are even excluded in some DIalogue-Mods and Dance-Mods. If they are listed as such i guess i´ll make some romm for other plugins (Boarder to 255 all the time)

What do i do wrong?

Kinda forgot the 2015Nov13_Option_NewElinBodies_BBP_TBBP_v3.7z ..

Now its working like it should, As well as the BS. Thanks for the Hint.

Go Elins as child- or MosterRace- ? Because they are excluded in.. almost every Mod i have, except HDT-System and some other stuff. They are even excluded in some DIalogue-Mods and Dance-Mods. If they are listed as such i guess i´ll make some romm for other plugins (Boarder to 255 all the time)

Check that those mods looks for the race of the player and/or NPCs.  If they only work with vanilla races, maybe including certain custom races, then the solution is to add the Elin race to that list.

has anyone got an issue with the camera when using a bow in first person? the animations are screwed and the arrow doesnt follow the crosshair,it goes a few inches to the upper left corner.there are any solution to this?

I too am having  this issue, though it looks like it's only for the first person camera.

has anyone got an issue with the camera when using a bow in first person? the animations are screwed and the arrow doesnt follow the crosshair,it goes a few inches to the upper left corner.there are any solution to this?

I too am having  this issue, though it looks like it's only for the first person camera.

I don't have that problem, other than the arrows being ever so slightly above the crosshair. 

Are you using the recommended 1st-person camera mod I link to in the main post? 

Since it uses the 3rd-person camera in 1st-person view that should fix the arrow trajectory not aligning with the crosshair considering the problem only happens in the 1st-perosn view.

The 1st-person camera works well with the recommended 3rd-person camera mod, at least to me.

I don't have that problem, other than the arrows being ever so slightly above the crosshair. 

Since it uses the 3rd-person camera in 1st-person view that should fix the arrow trajectory not aligning with the crosshair considering the problem only happens in the 1st-perosn view.

The 1st-person camera works well with the recommended 3rd-person camera mod, at least to me.

I used the camera mod but i think that is not the actual cause of the issue.

Probably the problem appeared because of the Archery Combat Overhaul mod, that i use. Gonna check if it does anything when i disable it tommorow...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83554/?

just saw that^. don't know much but it states to fix kid animations when using non essential child mods. thought maybe a similar approach might help with making Elin animations work again, if using FNIS-PCEA2

It looks like it aims to fix child animations when using mods that remove the 'child' flag and use the 'ActorTypeNPC' keyword, used by adults and associated furniture animations.

This might fix those child NPCs converted to the Elin race, but I don't think this will fix animations that is meant to be used by a single race (Elins).

I have thought about making the Elins use separate set of animations similar to PCEA/PCEA2, but then there is the problem of incorporating new animations, PCEA/PCEA2 aims to make only the playable character use separate animations even from the NPCs of the same race.

I guess I'll indefinitely postpone the Elin Reaper, Cash Shop armors, and Lyn race until all is done with the current mods.

thank you SO MUCH for getting the idles working w/ FNISpcea2!!! it never woulda occurred to me to incorporate the old PCEA. pure genius!! i know i've been begging for so long to get this working, so i'd love to donate to you somehow if i can. just let me know where to do it at!! seriously, it would be my pleasure

so i had dl'd and installed the idle fix back on 7-17-2017. installed it but wasn't able to play much. so i've been checking it last few days and it works very well! now i see a newer version from  7-20. looks like it has some cool anims other than idle. the awesome wiggly weapon drawn ones (love the bow!!). 

any other changes? i see there's 2 idle options. one is about 31kb, and one 12kb. the only one i had for version 7-11 is the 31. what it the difference in those 2 ideals?

and i see there's a ton of anims for both female and male folders. i'm assuming they're mostly vanilla if i remember the original PCEA. do those anims actually get used if there's no original PCEA esp? i,m guessing with only your SLE_PCEA_TeraElinIdle.esp, then the male folder is not used at all, and the female only for Elins?

so what's the diff between the 2 ideas? thanks again, and tell me where to donate!!

I used the camera mod but i think that is not the actual cause of the issue.

Probably the problem appeared because of the Archery Combat Overhaul mod, that i use. Gonna check if it does anything when i disable it tommorow...

i tried them both but nothing changed,plus the 3rd person camera mod recommended is not as good as the one im using

If it's not a camera-related issue then the only other cause would be the skeleton, but that means you are using the old, heavily modified Elin skeleton.  It was issues like the misaligned arrows that I switched to a mesh-only approach to recreating the Elin shape when using a CBBE/UNP body.

If you are using the current skeleton provided by the current Elin main pack then I do not know what exactly is causing your issue.  As Marieonette mentioned, it's possible another mod could be the cause.

I think there are mods at Nexus that fixes the arrow trajectory.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83554/?

just saw that^. don't know much but it states to fix kid animations when using non essential child mods. thought maybe a similar approach might help with making Elin animations work again, if using FNIS-PCEA2

It looks like it aims to fix child animations when using mods that remove the 'child' flag and use the 'ActorTypeNPC' keyword, used by adults and associated furniture animations.

This might fix those child NPCs converted to the Elin race, but I don't think this will fix animations that is meant to be used by a single race (Elins).

I have thought about making the Elins use separate set of animations similar to PCEA/PCEA2, but then there is the problem of incorporating new animations, PCEA/PCEA2 aims to make only the playable character use separate animations even from the NPCs of the same race.

I guess I'll indefinitely postpone the Elin Reaper, Cash Shop armors, and Lyn race until all is done with the current mods.

thank you SO MUCH for getting the idles working w/ FNISpcea2!!! it never woulda occurred to me to incorporate the old PCEA. pure genius!! i know i've been begging for so long to get this working, so i'd love to donate to you somehow if i can. just let me know where to do it at!! seriously, it would be my pleasure

so i had dl'd and installed the idle fix back on 7-17-2017. installed it but wasn't able to play much. so i've been checking it last few days and it works very well! now i see a newer version from  7-20. looks like it has some cool anims other than idle. the awesome wiggly weapon drawn ones (love the bow!!). 

any other changes? i see there's 2 idle options. one is about 31kb, and one 12kb. the only one i had for version 7-11 is the 31. what it the difference in those 2 ideals?

and i see there's a ton of anims for both female and male folders. i'm assuming they're mostly vanilla if i remember the original PCEA. do those anims actually get used if there's no original PCEA esp? i,m guessing with only your SLE_PCEA_TeraElinIdle.esp, then the male folder is not used at all, and the female only for Elins?

so what's the diff between the 2 ideas? thanks again, and tell me where to donate!!

No need to donate, but thank you.

Regarding the 2 idle animation options, the difference is the stance; the original has a straight, standing stance while the second has slight curve as in 'shoulders back, belly out' type of stance.  When you choose which idle to install, look at the profile pics which shows the difference.  Both uses the same Elin swaying animation, the only difference is how she stands.

I kept the male animations because I forgot.  Tests after tests of getting the old animations to work with the new FNIS then more tests to make a new setup that works like PCEA without the need for PCEA, I just went ahead and only made the necessary changes that was proven to get the Elins to use the animations. 

====================================================================================================================

can I use these without having the Elin race?

i just want them for my Dark Elf, Kana.

Sure, they look great on her.

oh, wanted to mention a few errors that FNIS throws. 

the usual and expected Warning: PCEA is incompatible with FNIS PCEA2

but also seems like fnis doesn't like the dualmagic anim for either male or female...

WRONG PCEA file name: Animations\PCEA\male\dualmagic_idle.HKX

>>Warning:  1 unmatched PCEA\male Animation(s) (see GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt)<<

WRONG PCEA file name: Animations\PCEA\female\dualmagic_idle.HKX

>>Warning:  1 unmatched PCEA\female Animation(s) (see GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt)<<

it's weird because i have been using those "wiggly" anims for over a year for my avatar in pcea2, and i've had that same dualmagic.hkx, and fnis never throws an error for it

edit; ah. i figured ya might've forgotten the male folder and left it. then i may just remove it since it's not used at all. would get rid of one of the fnis errors lol

but also seems like fnis doesn't like the dualmagic anim for either male or female...

>>Warning:  1 unmatched PCEA\female Animation(s) (see GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt)<<

it's weird because i have been using those "wiggly" anims for over a year for my avatar in pcea2, and i've had that same dualmagic.hkx, and fnis never throws an error for it

edit; ah. i figured ya might've forgotten the male folder and left it. then i may just remove it since it's not used at all. would get rid of one of the fnis errors lol

It's not surprising that PCEA and PCEA2 are not compatible, but PCEA requires the use of a custom race which makes it ideal for the Elins because the unique animations are meant to be used by a race whereas PCEA2 is meant to make only the PC play unique animations.

In addition, PCEA2 requires SKSE, but PCEA does not use any scripts so this makes it possible for both Skyrim LE and Skyrim SE Elin races use the animations.

I get those same warnings.  When I have the time, I'll have a closer look.

You can try removing, or rather moving to a backup location, the male animations, but do not remove the defaultmale.hkt as it's assigned to the 'male' counterpart.

If having problems when running FNIS or in the game after removing the male animations then just add them back.  I'll work an update to completely remove the male animations.

It's not surprising that PCEA and PCEA2 are not compatible, but PCEA requires the use of a custom race which makes it ideal for the Elins because the unique animations are meant to be used by a race whereas PCEA2 is meant to make only the PC play unique animations.

In addition, PCEA2 requires SKSE, but PCEA does not use any scripts so this makes it possible for both Skyrim LE and Skyrim SE Elin races use the animations.

I get those same warnings.  When I have the time, I'll have a closer look.

You can try removing, or rather moving to a backup location, the male animations, but do not remove the defaultmale.hkt as it's assigned to the 'male' counterpart.

If having problems when running FNIS or in the game after removing the male animations then just add them back.  I'll work an update to completely remove the male animations.

oh, it's no biggy. just wanted to mention it since the 7-11 version did not have warning, i think because there was NO Dualmagic anim in 7-11.

it just seems like w/ 7-20, fnis is yelling about the new dualmagic. again, i care not of warnings if the anims work heh