{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Thank you for replying, after waking up I realized that I forgot K.i.s.S., worked just fine.  If this mod could be posted on the nexus, I would endorse, since it can't, I'll just say that I haven't had the pleasure of using anything this well done as far as races and anims. Thank you for your work.

Edit*

It did work, but after I turned it off for a while and came back to it, the faces of my pc and almost all npcs are sort of dead(general outline, but no real detail). Npcs that still have faces are Elin Bard and Rin follower. Ears, eyes, and tails are also lacking proper textures.

I did a manual install for all files I chose to use, were there any files that are not supposed to be used together?

Hello DaemonLupus

Can you provide some screenshots?  It's not the dark head bug, is it?

If it is and you installed the Elin NPC and Enemy mod, you need to install the hair patch (ElinRaceTaint.esm) that comes with it.  This overwrites the file of the same name that was installed from the main package.  The patch allows the Elin NPCs to wear different hairs and hair/ear combinations.  If the patch is not installed or improperly installed then all of the Elins will get the dark head bug.  This also explains why the Elin Bard and Lin follower are unaffected because they use their own hairs.

UPDATE

I should have the next update available by early next week.  I'm redoing the skeleton edits for Dual Sheath Redux and Chesko's quiver to reach some compromise for the various tails.  There will still be some clipping with certain tails.  The base textures have been optimized and now I need to run TexBlend.

The new bodies are done.

Preview - NSFW

CBBE - Slim Curvy

post-64505-0-09198200-1379125253_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-45616000-1379125253_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-81884300-1379125253_thumb.jpg

CBBE - AA2C (BBP+TBBP)

post-64505-0-23641700-1379125252_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-71117500-1379125252_thumb.jpg

UNP - Flat

post-64505-0-44874400-1379125254_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-84414200-1379125254_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-24318200-1379125255_thumb.jpg

UNP - Flat2C (TBBP)

post-64505-0-00166900-1379125256_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-64369200-1379125255_thumb.jpg

Is it possible to do something for character creation race menu, so that you can view the character from behind to see the different hair styles, as well as to see the tails if they have them, along with changing the color of their tails & bunny/fox/wolf ears etc?

Rotating the character during race menu is complicated, but I suppose it can be done. 

Changing the color of the tails and ears is possible.  If it can be linked to the hairs in such a way that will make the ear/tails change colors with the hair.  If you want them to change colors separately from the hair, the easiest is to color the textures with Gimp or PS.  I'm sure it can be done with sliders.  How?  Don't know at this time.

Hmm, it's looking like the AA2C Elin's thigh is clipping into its own body with the idle animation. Perhaps some slimming down on the inner thigh is in order?

I can slim it down only enough to avoid the clipping.  Strange enough, it's the regular thighs + legs slider that is causing the clipping.  The inner thighs slider changes the lower half of the thighs.

Sounds like fun, this is all cool stuff. :)

I just added that SG hairs yesterday and was experimenting with them along with the newest apachii hairs mod (not sure if it's the correct one? It's the v1.5 Full one) and for some reason there are portions of the characters head that are bald, and I don't know why that is.

Also, for some odd reason, if I wanted to make a male Elin character, it's instead using the Skyrim Nord body with the Elin head, which makes it look like the head is just floating there slightly above the body. Is there a fix for this?

Hello.  I can't seem to get this to run.  This is my load order: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1udkr6 I can create an Elin using the race menu, but if I try to change her clothes or go out into the world, I CTD.  From the main Elin race file, I installed the Core, En Scale 1.0, Height 1.0 Weapon 0.8  From the CBBE file, I installed Core, 

01body CBBE flat, and 02 texture nohairy fairskin complexion.  I really want to use this mod and recreate my Elin Archer from TERA.  Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:  Also, I did install and run FNIS.

Berfius, I had the same problem when I first tried this mod. The problem you are having is whatever Skeleton you're using you need to reinstall that skeleton. For example, for me I had to reinstall 360 Walk & Run Plus, or Custom Skeleton Replacer SoS. I have the Custom Skeleton Replacer turned off, because I'm using UNP Body now, it comes with it's own skeleton. 

The reason for most CTD problems is because of one of two reasons, the first one I described already, you just have to reinstall whatever body skeleton mod you're using. The second reason is because you're using 3.1k of your VRAM memory space due to using too many mods.  Try reinstalling your CBBE/UNP skeleton body mod first and see if that fixes it.

Hello Berius

Crashing when removing or equipping clothes or armor is a skeleton issue, but sometimes it's the meshes. You mention installing the Tera Body texture fixing the CTD.

The non-nude Tera Body does not have extra textures, only the nude option, that would mean you installed the "nude" Tera Body option (from the main package) in addition to the CBBE body (from the Custom CBBE Body pack).

I did not see "elin new body.esp" in your load order.  If you did install the nude Tera Body, you would also have that plugin.

Fox Shop with Merged Armors contain both the Fox6000 armors and the Tera Body Maid outfit + Converted Vanilla Armors.  If you equip a Fox armor and you see a vanilla armor then that is the one for the Tera Body and not the CBBE body.

The crashing when out in the world would be a memory issue.  HD Textures + Skyrim Floral Overhaul are the major culprits and adding the other mods, especially with scripts, will add to the increase chance of crashing.  This can happen when loading a save, changing cell locations (going outdoors, fast-traveling, etc), heavy combat, or just passing through certain areas.

The exception to the memory issue is crashing when you are in an area that is affected by a mod.  Any mod that adds new NPCs or architectures or changes parts of vanilla Skyrim has the potential of crashing.  If there is any possibility that applies to you, deactivate the mod (uninstall if you have to) and reenter the area that had caused the crashing.  If no CTD then the cause was that mod.

PsychoMachina basically said everything, but I want to add to it a little.

Berius, I want you to look at the Main Elin race mod folder, you need to select and choose only one "01" folder file, not all of the "01" file, then you need to choose only one "02" file, only one "03" file, and only one "04" file. You also need to Core file and the files from FOMOD folder inside your Data folder.

Adding more then one of the 01-04 files can cause instability, result in the CTD problem.

edit: Also, Berius, click on page 7 and scroll down to half way or down to the very bottom, and watch the videos provided by samusknight2k, Second post from the bottom on page 7 will be easiest to find, they explain the 3.1 VRAM crashes and the ENBoost program if that helps.

I'm using ENBoost and it does help with minimizing crashing and lags.  I said minimize because I still experience crashing when loading saves, after loading a save, and entering heavily rendered areas, but it's now few and far between so the crashing could be caused by scripts or mod conflicts. 

I have Sharpshooters ENB and can play the game with ENB on without any noticeable stuttering.

Btw, adventhawk7, to answering your question about SG Hairs and the male Elin, the Elin-SG hairs is WIP and I have stated that there will be some hairs with bald spots.  I have tested the same hairs with custom TRI files on version 2 of the Elins and the results are much better.

There are no "male" Elins, but the Elins are female Popories.  The male you see when choosing the Elins is nothing more than a placeholder used instead of any of the vanilla males.

I have mentioned in the past about making the "male" equivalent to the Elins as futa or femboys.  I have yet to decide whether to resume work on that or proceed to v2.

Hello.  Thanks for trying to help me out.  The reason you don't see the elin new body.esp in that load list is because i tried the Tera body after I took that list.  I then removed the body after checking.  I removed all elin race meshes,textures and esp/esms.  I ran FNIS afterwards.  Then I reinstalled the options I stated in my first post.  the elin race 00 Core, 1 01 mod and 1 03 mod.  then i installed the 00 Core for the elin CBBE, 1 01 mod, and 1 02 mod.  My main character (Nord) is a CBBE model.  And then I ran FNIS again.  A few screenshots: 

http://imgur.com/dvurZi5 My main (Nord CBBE) Perusing Fox armors.

http://imgur.com/DxwPLzn My main (Nord CBBE) Wearing said armor.

http://imgur.com/ErpZuBO My Elin (CBBE) Perusing the same Fox armor.

I'm completely stumped.  Since I'm using the CBBE file, I should be able to see/wear those armors, correct?  And removing armor still leads to a CTD.  Although I can now go freely throughout the world.  I haven't ran into an Elin NPC yet, but I'm assuming if I killed one and tried to "take all" from their inventory, that would lead to a CTD as well.  I will check out the ENBoost program, but I haven't had a CTD with my main (nord) character.  There's somwthing wonky going on in this race on my setup :(

The third pic showing the Glass armor is the conversion for the Tera Body.

It sounds like you're having problems with the Elin CBBE body and Elin skeletons.  Crashing when looting an Elin npc means you need to reinstall the body.  Crashing when unequipping/changing clothes means you need to reinstall the skeleton.

I'm almost done with the new skeleton edits.  If you don't mind waiting another day or two, I can upload the new bodies and skeletons.  You may have better luck with these since the skeletons are from xpms. 

I just need to edit the last skeleton and run the optimized textures from the main pack through TexBlend and they're good to go.

Yeah, I can wait for the skeletons :)  I hope they work out for me.  Also, you said that the glass armor is the Tera body armors?  When I switched to the Tera body and loaded the save file, those armors still came up as glass.  If they would have worked for me, I would have just switched to the Tera body and called it a day :)  But I really want to use a few of the fox armors.  I'll wait and see how the new skeletons go.  Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me. :)

Hello Surely

Possible causes of crashing when creating an Elin character:

• Error installing the body and/or skeleton.  Reinstall the skeleton and the body you want to use.
  • Elin Race XTC.  Contains some of the race records from ElinRace.esm and will overwrite the master file and any Elin mods that affects the playable character.  Since you are using ECE, uninstall XTC and use the extra tint options from ECE (those sliders with a tint preview box; choose a starting color, click on the box or press "E", use the new sliders to alter the base color to your liking).
  • Also switch the load order of EnhancedCharacter.esp and CharacterMakingExtender.esp.  CME needs to load after ECE.

In addition,

• You have Numnume hairs installed.  If you install the Elin-R.I.N. hair pack you will get two sets of Numenume hairs for the Elins.  One set will look normal while the second set will glitch.  Deactivate or remove NumenumeHair.esp will remove the glitched hairs.
  • Dual Sheath Redux will not work with the current Elin skeletons.  Obvious, I know, but worth stating just in case.
  • I suggest uninstalling DSpSoB for the Elins.  Dual Sheath Redux is the successor to DSpSoB and there may be problems if trying to use both.  I just finished the new skeletons that is customized for Dual Sheath Redux so DSpSoB will no longer be used.

If there happens to be a conflict with any of the other mods you have, I can't say for certain since I don't have most of those mods.

Help please.  I cannot download your september version elin bard.  It always comes out currupted.  I tried your previous version and the bard won't play her violin.  Do I need to do some sort of quest before she plays for me or am I missing something?

I've already used fnis and installed the required files.  Also checked it in TESV edit and there seems to be no conflict...

(Edit)

Ok, I've read the previous posts and tried 7z and Pzip (didn't know there were compressed files winrar cannot open).  Only the first bard file was extracted, tried to use only that and IT WORKED!  I've set my character's (1.8 scaled wearing bigger badder Lich King Armor) idle stance to the Ulfric dance and it was hilarious and soothing at the same time!  Thanks a bundle for these Elins mod.

Btw, what does the second bard file contain anyway?

Also, what does the yarc_intquestscript.pex and playeraliasscript.pex within the racecompatibility.bsa do?  TMPhoenix's Race compatibilty doesn't have that.

Elin Bard v2 is a split archive (.001 and .002).  When clicking on the first file (.001), whatever app you have that handles 7z files will extract the files from each split file and combine it.

I use the Race Compatibility mod made by Himika, not TMPhoenix.  Himika's version serves the same purpose, but in a somewhat different way.  The two are incompatible because of the way they make custom races compatible.  So if you happen to install mods that uses different Race Compatibility files and you get script error messages in game, it's from the incompatibility between the two and you will need to decide which mod you want to keep installed.

UPDATE

Elin Race v1.2 is now available.  What's new?

• Optimized textures from the main pack (2048x2048 and recompressed).
  • 6 new skeletons (3 versions of the Default skeleton and 3 Elin-specific skeletons based on their tails).
  • Now compatible with some ECE body slides.  Once I release the new bodies, additional sliders will be available.
  • Requires Chesko's Belt-Fastened Quivers and Optional (but recommended) Dual Sheath Redux.
  • Some screenshots...here.
  • KuriYokan has shared a very nice voice pack that fits the Elins.  Added a link to his post with Mediafire link in my first post.

In Addition,

I have tested the installation with Mod Organizer and had no CTD.  During each testing, I chose different options and each time the correct files were installed.  Using showracemenu, removing/changing clothes, and looting Elins did not crash the game or reveal any other errors.

If you are having problems with the game crashing, reinstall the files, manually if needed, and if still crashing, check for problems with NMM or other mods you might have installed.