Was curious... How can I add certain chems to Easy Prey? Is there a keyword for it or you hard-coded vanilla chems?

I transformed my FO4 into a very hardcore and difficult (with a solid dose of lewdness) survival game. I'm running quite a few mods that add/change chems in the game. On of them is MAIM 2. MAIM 2 in particular adds a bunch of various chems to the game and I want to make some of those accessible to EP (make them eligible to trigger EP event). Primarily, the Surgery Kit as I feel like there should be a chance for player to blackout after surgery (I'm not a doctor, but blood loss and pain is bad, as far as I know).

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

28 minutes ago, randy_m42 said:

Thinking of trying this mod for first time...do I need a new game?

Nope. Just install it, open MCM to configure its settings (if you want to), and simply click the button in MCM to select the perks. After that just close MCM and select which perks you want to add to your character from the popup menus.

Hope this helps!

21 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Nope. Just install it, open MCM to configure its settings (if you want to), and simply click the button in MCM to select the perks. After that just close MCM and select which perks you want to add to your character from the popup menus.

Hope this helps!

Thanks=)

1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

Was curious... How can I add certain chems to Easy Prey? Is there a keyword for it or you hard-coded vanilla chems?

I transformed my FO4 into a very hardcore and difficult (with a solid dose of lewdness) survival game. I'm running quite a few mods that add/change chems in the game. On of them is MAIM 2. MAIM 2 in particular adds a bunch of various chems to the game and I want to make some of those accessible to EP (make them eligible to trigger EP event). Primarily, the Surgery Kit as I feel like there should be a chance for player to blackout after surgery (I'm not a doctor, but blood loss and pain is bad, as far as I know).

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

They're all on the VanillaChems script property array for the PVPK_QuestController quest.  You can add any new potions you want, and they'll get processed like vanilla chems as long as they have the ObjectTypeChem keyword.  In retrospect I probably should have made that array a formlist instead.  Actually, I suppose I could always add a separate formlist for my scripts to check.  Easier to make a separate patch that way.

Spoiler

vanillaChems.jpg.8448200c9b3d59789561d648df721db4.jpg

58 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

They're all on the VanillaChems script property array for the PVPK_QuestController quest.  You can add any new potions you want, and they'll get processed like vanilla chems as long as they have the ObjectTypeChem keyword.  In retrospect I probably should have made that array a formlist instead.  Actually, I suppose I could always add a separate formlist for my scripts to check.  Easier to make a separate patch that way.

Hide contents

vanillaChems.jpg.8448200c9b3d59789561d648df721db4.jpg

You could do that, yes... But there's a better alternative: create .txt files where users write FormIDs of certain items and then script reads those items. Basically, what @vaultbait has done with Unhealthy Craving. It works like a charm and I think Provocative Perks would benefit if you decide to implement it.

This is just a recommendation - you do you! I haven't touched CK (like, ever) so I'm not gonna bother with creating PP-MAIM2 custom patch as I doubt it can be achieved only with xEdit. If I cannot make it with xEdit, I won't bother with it.

Anyways, thanks for replying! Keep up the great work!

8 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

You could do that, yes... But there's a better alternative: create .txt files where users write FormIDs of certain items and then script reads those items. Basically, what @vaultbait has done with Unhealthy Craving. It works like a charm and I think Provocative Perks would benefit if you decide to implement it.

The main downside to that is it requires an additional native Papyrus function library, SUP F4SE. I used it because UC already depended on it indirectly by way of having Rad Morphing Redux as a hard dependency (RMR uses one of SUP's functions to watch for file changes so it can react to external configuration updates for slider profiles). Also I had already implemented the lists of consumables as FormLists because I wanted to make them extensible for people making support patches, so it wasn't much of a stretch to (re)populate them from text files at game load, ship those with the mod, and let users edit them to their hearts' content. Even then, it was a good bit of work to integrate, test, and work out all the kinks (well, not all the kinks, UC is still really kinky).

8 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

This is just a recommendation - you do you! I haven't touched CK (like, ever) so I'm not gonna bother with creating PP-MAIM2 custom patch as I doubt it can be achieved only with xEdit. If I cannot make it with xEdit, I won't bother with it.

You can totally edit FormLists in FO4Edit and make ESL-flagged ESP plugins that patch them, I do it all the time.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

You can totally edit FormLists in FO4Edit and make ESL-flagged ESP plugins that patch them, I do it all the time.

I do too, but not that often. So in my case I should just copy the Ingestibles as override into new plugin and then what? Add keyword(s) to them or something else?

18 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

I do too, but not that often. So in my case I should just copy the Ingestibles as override into new plugin and then what? Add keyword(s) to them or something else?

It will depend on how the script ends up using whatever FormList gets implemented. It's entirely valid for a FormList to be a mixed bag of different types of things and then have the script sort them out when it iterates through the list. If it ends up just being a translation of the Potion[] property the script's currently using, then you would add Potion (ingestible/consumable) forms. But the script could certainly choose to also treat items with specific keywords from a FormList the same way, for example.

If it ends up being a formlist of ingestibles and you are trying to incorporate some from another mod, then you'll need to make sure that mod is also in the plugins loaded by FO4Edit and then right-click your new override plugin's header and "add masters" which will bring up a dialogue allowing you to pick that other mod as a new master for your plugin. Once you've done that, FO4Edit will allow you to reference forms from it in the new plugin, for example to add them to the overridden formlist.

Edit: Also, you could probably extend the array parameter for the quest's script with a new plugin in FO4Edit, but that means overriding the entire quest record which is not quite so safe since you'd need to carefully reevaluate it every time PVPK is updated, as otherwise you'd be reverting addition of things like new script properties.

Edited by vaultbait

A follow-up...

What if I create a patch that'd contain modified 'VanillaChems' array from PVPK_QuestController? So I'd add a new object (Object Union #18, for example) and add MAIM 2's FormID under Object v2. I want to add a few chems from MAIM 2 to PVPK in order to make things a bit more interesting.

See the image for reference:

Spoiler

image.png.f65eeb72fa2f1eed28baa42d5e8d1d27.png

The question now is - would this work? I don't want to use CK and I'd try to avoid having to recompile scripts (in fact, I didn't even look at them). Can this be done in xEdit (see image)?

34 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

A follow-up...

What if I create a patch that'd contain modified 'VanillaChems' array from PVPK_QuestController? So I'd add a new object (Object Union #18, for example) and add MAIM 2's FormID under Object v2. I want to add a few chems from MAIM 2 to PVPK in order to make things a bit more interesting.

Hide contents

The question now is - would this work? I don't want to use CK and I'd try to avoid having to recompile scripts (in fact, I didn't even look at them). Can this be done in xEdit (see image)?

I can't see the image, but yes that's what I was referring to earlier about a plugin which overrides the QUST record. The main downside is that you'd probably want to check for changes in that record on every new PVPK update, because your plugin could potentially result in breakage from newer versions of everything else in the update not finding things that had been added or changed in the controller quest from the original PVPK plugin.

Though that's the same problem regardless of whether you do it with the FO4CK or FO4Edit, and similar care would have to be taken if you modified the script and recompiled it.

If a future version replaces the array property with a formlist, then at least you'd only have to override the formlist (or could even extend it at runtime from scripts and not need a plugin override at all).

38 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

A follow-up...

Reveal hidden contents

Your image doesn't load for me.  Regardless, you can add to the script property arrays in xEdit, no need for CK (although CK is arguably easier for this application).  See image below.  This technique will work until I update the quest script, at which point you'll have to make your patch again.  Next version will have a formlist that users can fill with additional chems, making it much easier to craft your own patch that will persist through updates.

Spoiler

Clipboard02.jpg.9a553931d06e6e1d38abc76a8d1c3d64.jpg

30 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Quick question on the duration for UN to fire.

I'm trying out different time durations and have doctored your MCM slider so that it'll go to 72 hours. Just wanted to check that it doesn't cause any issues

Shouldn't cause issues as far as I can imagine.

31 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I can't see the image, but yes that's what I was referring to earlier about a plugin which overrides the QUST record. The main downside is that you'd probably want to check for changes in that record on every new PVPK update, because your plugin could potentially result in breakage from newer versions of everything else in the update not finding things that had been added or changed in the controller quest from the original PVPK plugin.

Though that's the same problem regardless of whether you do it with the FO4CK or FO4Edit, and similar care would have to be taken if you modified the script and recompiled it.

If a future version replaces the array property with a formlist, then at least you'd only have to override the formlist (or could even extend it at runtime from scripts and not need a plugin override at all).

Hey, thanks for letting me know! Frankly, I don't know what happened with image upload, I must've messed something up. Also, sorry - I noticed your reply the second I posted. You've described everything really well, I just didn't notice it before.

6 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Your image doesn't load for me.  Regardless, you can add to the script property arrays in xEdit, no need for CK (although CK is arguably easier for this application).  See image below.  This technique will work until I update the quest script, at which point you'll have to make your patch again.  Next version will have a formlist that users can fill with additional chems, making it much easier to craft your own patch that will persist through updates.

Hide contents

Clipboard02.jpg.9a553931d06e6e1d38abc76a8d1c3d64.jpg

Thanks for quick reply! Formlist would be much better for custom patches, and if you're really implementing it for the next version - I won't bother with creating a patch for current version. With that out of the way... When are you planning to push the update? :) Just curious; quality over quantity!

Thank you both for quick replies, I really appreciate it! Take care!

6 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

When are you planning to push the update? :) Just curious; quality over quantity!

I can't really give hard timelines (after all, I'm a hobbyist with real world obligations, not a commercial software house?).  Best I can say is that I'm actively working on this mod again, since Commonwealth Moisturizer seems stable, and I pushed out a necessary fix for DD Bench Unlocker.  Right now I've ticked a few easy fixes off my list, with a few more to go yet.  After that point I'll decide which other revisions/additions are worth my time and effort.

9 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

I can't really give hard timelines (after all, I'm a hobbyist with real world obligations, not a commercial software house?).  Best I can say is that I'm actively working on this mod again, since Commonwealth Moisturizer seems stable, and I pushed out a necessary fix for DD Bench Unlocker.  Right now I've ticked a few easy fixes off my list, with a few more to go yet.  After that point I'll decide which other revisions/additions are worth my time and effort.

Hey, no pressure!

I noticed all your mods are rock-stable, and the only issues I experienced with them (Commonwealth Moisturizer in particular) was due to user error, nothing more. I love your work as you always publish something interesting with outstanding quality - keep this up!

The update is welcome at any time, so take your time and do it right. Keep up the great work and take care!

Running into a npc calling issue.  In every AAF mod I have, I have females turned off for AAF to call a scene, however with unbridled nymph kicks off and you have a chance for multiples, it will still call women, or it could also be Life of the Party, or a combination of both, the only approaches/aff calls I have allowed are human male.

Edited by Boceifus
1 hour ago, Boceifus said:

Running into a npc calling issue.  In every AAF mod I have, I have females turned off for AAF to call a scene, however with unbridled nymph kicks off and you have a chance for multiples, it will still call women, or it could also be Life of the Party, or a combination of both, the only approaches/aff calls I have allowed are human male.

Do you have females turned off in Provocative Perks itself?  None of the other mods matter.

Spoiler

ScreenShot2.jpg.bedfe4cf4657172c439b5497afd11612.jpg

4 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Do you have females turned off in Provocative Perks itself?  None of the other mods matter.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot2.jpg.bedfe4cf4657172c439b5497afd11612.jpg

Yes, including Provocative Perks.  I did run an test encounter after Nymph kicked off for Life of the Party, it did not call any extras, but it ran good, called one NPC after another set at 10 scenes. This only happen when Nymph triggered.  It called a male, and after a little while it called for another but it was female, it was on a couch, when it was done with with the 3 some it immediately went back to the original male and kept going. but I do have both of those perks.

Edited by Boceifus
22 minutes ago, Boceifus said:

Yes, including Provocative Perks.  I did run an test encounter after Nymph kicked off for Life of the Party, it did not call any extras, but it ran good, called one NPC after another set at 10 scenes. This only happen when Nymph triggered.  It called a male, and after a little while it called for another but it was female, it was on a couch, when it was done with with the 3 some it immediately went back to the original male and kept going. but I do have both of those perks.

One other thought, are they vanilla humans?  The determination to include females is made by the conditions on the RefCollectionAlias.  So either the MCM setting isn't being saved correctly, or the engine thinks the partner is male.  You can also try typing "help PVPK_AllowGenderFemale 0" in console and see what value is set.  On would be 1, off would be 0. 

If all the above checks out, then feel free to replicate the issue and post/send a papyrus log. 

5 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

One other thought, are they vanilla humans?  The determination to include females is made by the conditions on the RefCollectionAlias.  So either the MCM setting isn't being saved correctly, or the engine thinks the partner is male.  You can also try typing "help PVPK_AllowGenderFemale 0" in console and see what value is set.  On would be 1, off would be 0. 

If all the above checks out, then feel free to replicate the issue and post/send a papyrus log. 

I have this below.. but it only changes generic settler names, supposed to be still classified as settlers. This incident happened at the Dug Out Inn though, no settlers present.  I will check out the console thing when I am able and see what it says.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66355

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66385

Edit:  I forgot about this one, I dont know if these would conflict with yours but this one adds names to NPC's as well:  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/61205

Edited by Boceifus
3 hours ago, Boceifus said:

I have this below.. but it only changes generic settler names, supposed to be still classified as settlers. This incident happened at the Dug Out Inn though, no settlers present.  I will check out the console thing when I am able and see what it says.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66355

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/66385

Edit:  I forgot about this one, I dont know if these would conflict with yours but this one adds names to NPC's as well:  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/61205

Adding names by itself shouldn't mess with the NPC race or gender.  However I have seen other NPC replacer mods crudely overwrite templated NPCs with the wrong gender.  I'll dig into your linked mods after I get some sleep.

Version 1.05 is up!  Lots of smallish new options and polishing.  The big new addition is optionally waking up somewhere else after Easy Prey sex.  It'll only teleport you as far as the furthest loaded NPC, so no worries about ending up on the other side of the map. 

v. 1.05

-Added MCM option to wake up in a different location after Easy Prey blackout sex. Please note that if all loaded NPCs start near the player, it's assumed that no one bothered to move you. Therefore blackout teleport might not activate even if the chance is set to 100%. There is a separate option to disable indoor teleporting to avoid issues like being stuck behind locked doors, skipping past quest triggers, etc.

-Added MCM toggle to delay Unbridled Nymphomania by spending willpower. If enabled, a pop-up message will appear when UN activates. The delay lasts a minimum of one game hour, and perhaps longer depending on your sex chance settings.

-Added MCM option for Carnal Compulsion chance to be based on a percent of arousal.

-Added MCM option to sustain head damage during Homewrecker assault.

-Revised AAF animation duration MCM slider to 5 second increments.

-Revised scripts to add a second check of partner gender, to hopefully improve gender recognition of certain templated NPCs.

-Fixed (sort of) companion not leaving after dismissal if they're feeling Neglected via Soldier of Whoretune. They still won't leave while Neglected, but now they'll leave after you sleep with them, even if they aren't your active companion.

-Fixed inactive Protectron units not animating when selected for PVPK's AAF scenes. Hopefully for real this time. May only work on Protectron units that have not previously been involved in PVPK scenes.

-Fixed a super annoying bug that caused Commonwealth Captives (or any other NPC in the captive faction) to be attacked by their captors after PVPK pacification ended.

-Fixed Abandoned Property persistent odds unintentionally resetting.

-Fixed faulty announcement of your settlement gaining Town Bicycle happiness from potential companions and others who have not yet been assigned a settlement.

-For Modders: Closeted Crossbreeder chosen race array will now initialize on startup if the array is empty. The AddClosetedCrossbreederRace function will check for duplicate race before adding to the array.

-For Modders: Added PVPK_EasyPreyAddedChems formlist to allow patching additional chems that will count for Easy Prey.