1 hour ago, Slorm said:

Bad news I'm afraid, robots are still not waking up in v1.05 (screenie below)

UN fired just after I'd killed the Raiders and pulled the Protectron (in Corvega)

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot71.jpg.38013f5238819d1536a05d97abdd6979.jpg

I went and tested this same Protectron and it worked for me just now.  Has that robot been called by Provocative Perks prior to 1.05?  Also, any chance you have the papyrus log still?  Honestly I'm about ready to throw in the towel on protectrons, they're such a pain in the ass.

16 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

I went and tested this same Protectron and it worked for me just now.  Has that robot been called by Provocative Perks prior to 1.05?  Also, any chance you have the papyrus log still?  Honestly I'm about ready to throw in the towel on protectrons, they're such a pain in the ass.

I don't keep logging running except for debugging, so can't help there. It's a habit I picked up from Skyrim where it can potentially cause script lag problems in heavily modded games.

One thing that might provide a clue though. This was my second visit to Corvega, In the first visit, UN was not enabled that early in the game but I had activated the Protectron to attack Jarad and the other Raiders. I can't remember if the Protectron survived or not (most times it doesn't).

This was my second visit and on this occasion I had not activated the Protectron at all.

Is there a way to force fire UN as I can test when next time the cell resets?

4 hours ago, Slorm said:

I don't keep logging running except for debugging, so can't help there. It's a habit I picked up from Skyrim where it can potentially cause script lag problems in heavily modded games.

One thing that might provide a clue though. This was my second visit to Corvega, In the first visit, UN was not enabled that early in the game but I had activated the Protectron to attack Jarad and the other Raiders. I can't remember if the Protectron survived or not (most times it doesn't).

This was my second visit and on this occasion I had not activated the Protectron at all.

That info at least gives me something to try.  For background, inactive protectrons have an actor value named "ProtectronPodStatus".  When it's set to 0, that means the protectron is definitely inactive.  Simply setting that value to 1 doesn't activate them, by itself, there are other steps involved.  PVPK checks to see if ProtectronPodStatus = 0 before running the wakeup sequence.

So I've got a theory ["...that it's a de-mon!"].  When you activated the original protectron, its pod status would have been set to 1.  It's possible that the actor value was retained through cell reset, even though the protectron itself was once again inactive in the pod.  So to test this theory, here's a slightly modified version of my controller script.  Just install it after the original mod.  You can delete safely at any point.  The only change is it skips my check for ProtectronPodStatus and runs the wakeup sequence regardless.

4 hours ago, Slorm said:

Is there a way to force fire UN as I can test when next time the cell resets?

Not directly.  When I tested, I set "Hours Until Urges Begin" to zero and "Sex Chance Increase Per Hour" to 100.  Disabled all partners except robots and stood next to the pod.  Then banged my companion via AAF wizard, which restarted the timer for UN (1 hour game time, 3 minutes real time).  Or if you don't want to wait, you can try triggering Life of the Party via the same method. 

PVPK_ProtectronTest.zip

Not sure what is causing this to happen but it's a 50\50 chance that I don't get the menu selection when I start a new character. Is there a settings/note that I can get to do the selection? I looked in the MCM and it's all loaded up but not sure which one in there that would restart the process so I could do the selection instead of what ever is default.

1 hour ago, Badtanker said:

Not sure what is causing this to happen but it's a 50\50 chance that I don't get the menu selection when I start a new character. Is there a settings/note that I can get to do the selection? I looked in the MCM and it's all loaded up but not sure which one in there that would restart the process so I could do the selection instead of what ever is default.

Perk selection doesn't occur on character creation.  You have to manually activate it from the MCM menu.  From the mod description:

"Lastly, acquiring the perks is very simple. Open the mod's MCM, find the “Perk Selection” option, and click the button. That will fire up the selection menu any time, anywhere. Even if you've already taken a perk, you can still view its description in the selection menu to remind yourself how it works."

4 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

It's possible that the actor value was retained through cell reset

Not 100% sure but i think protectrons return to their pod (if not destroyed) after cell unloads and a little amount of time (< cell reset). So it could be that (actor value still == 1)

Edited by lee3310
1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

Also a reasonable conjecture.

Protectron's that are in the pods are set to unconscious so if you use that as your check to see if they are "available" as actors you'll rule out any that are in pods and they won't be called at all. It's a condition I added to sexual harassment to keep it from using the protectron's in pods when I added them to the harassers list in my game. Just an FYI

3 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Perk selection doesn't occur on character creation.  You have to manually activate it from the MCM menu.  From the mod description:

"Lastly, acquiring the perks is very simple. Open the mod's MCM, find the “Perk Selection” option, and click the button. That will fire up the selection menu any time, anywhere. Even if you've already taken a perk, you can still view its description in the selection menu to remind yourself how it works."

Much thanks for the replay

19 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

That info at least gives me something to try.  For background, inactive protectrons have an actor value named "ProtectronPodStatus".  When it's set to 0, that means the protectron is definitely inactive.  Simply setting that value to 1 doesn't activate them, by itself, there are other steps involved.  PVPK checks to see if ProtectronPodStatus = 0 before running the wakeup sequence.

So I've got a theory ["...that it's a de-mon!"].  When you activated the original protectron, its pod status would have been set to 1.  It's possible that the actor value was retained through cell reset, even though the protectron itself was once again inactive in the pod.  So to test this theory, here's a slightly modified version of my controller script.  Just install it after the original mod.  You can delete safely at any point.  The only change is it skips my check for ProtectronPodStatus and runs the wakeup sequence regardless.

I've done two tests, one with the vanilla PVPK and one with the PVPK test script. Both failed but I did get logs

PVPKScriptPapyrus.0.logVanillaPapyrus.0.log

Here's a screenie of the animation with the test script

Spoiler

ScreenShot72.jpg.fe6c9e5f165a969602780f6803e7c143.jpg

50 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I've done two tests, one with the vanilla PVPK and one with the PVPK test script. Both failed but I did get logs

PVPKScriptPapyrus.0.log 13.17 kB · 0 downloads VanillaPapyrus.0.log 13.42 kB · 0 downloads

Here's a screenie of the animation with the test script

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot72.jpg.fe6c9e5f165a969602780f6803e7c143.jpg

I appreciate you running these tests.  Unfortunately for me, they show that my activation sequence is running on the protectron, and no other obvious errors.  I have no idea why it works for me in testing, but not for you.  My activation script uses the same code as the in-game terminals. 

Perhaps I'll just take OldWolf58's suggestion, and add an MCM option to lock out inactive protectrons.  While I would prefer to wake them up, it's rather jarring when only half the actors are being animated.

Edited to add:  Actually one thing possibly of note.  The papyrus log indicates that you're still on version 1.04, not 1.05.

Edited by spicydoritos
1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

I appreciate you running these tests.  Unfortunately for me, they show that my activation sequence is running on the protectron, and no other obvious errors.  I have no idea why it works for me in testing, but not for you.  My activation script uses the same code as the in-game terminals. 

Perhaps I'll just take OldWolf58's suggestion, and add an MCM option to lock out inactive protectrons.  While I would prefer to wake them up, it's rather jarring when only half the actors are being animated.

Edited to add:  Actually one thing possibly of note.  The papyrus log indicates that you're still on version 1.04, not 1.05.

Right, I'll consolidate these posts as it's got a bit messy

I'm definitely on v1.05 (checked file and mod manager) and I do have the features introduced like the UN willpower delay.

On the Protectrons, locking out inactive ones sounds worthwhile. It's odd that we get different results, I think it must be to do with whatever happened to it the first time around which has not reset correctly maybe, but I don't think it's worth spending a great deal of time on it

Edit:

Just did a final check by coc'ing to Wicked Shipping whicj is a location I've not been to before and tested, and that worked perfectly.

So it does look to be an issue with having been in the cell before whether having activated the Protectron is moot at this point but I'll try to test that as well

EDIT:

I think I've found the bastard.

I coc'd to Wicked Shipping and this time time activated the terminal, changed personality to Law Enforcement (as I usually do) and activated the Protectron. Once out of its pod I shut it down and it returned to its pod.

I then waited and when UN fired and teleported the Protectron it was asleep, so it seems that if a Protectron has been activated then it causes the problem and would seem to persist through  cell resets.

I'll leave you in peace now

14 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I'll leave you in peace now

Nah, these are the best kind of bug reports.  Lots of data and testing to help narrow down the scope of the problem.  If you're experiencing the issue, then someone else is too (or if not now, eventually).  And not everyone has the knowledge and/or inclination to chase it much further than "thing not work plz fix".

My next step is to look into why previously-activated (but currently inactive) protectrons are different from those that were never activated.

Bug Report - a nice big fat hairy one

Oh noes it's me again :classic_smile:

There's a big problem with the USB perk and power armour:

This is without the perk active

Spoiler

ScreenShot74.jpg.52c1572ffbc511d4857fb78b5d13bd2f.jpg

And this is with the perk active if there's no fusion core inserted

Spoiler

ScreenShot76.jpg.944f78f70beb0add3b1e277aee538982.jpg

The problem is that it's no longer possible to power up the armour by transferring a fusion core.

It'll work the first time in the Museum of Freedom as I'm assuming that's a scripted event

Workaround for now I guess is to remove the perk (xx0118BD) using the console, transfer the core and then add the perk back

EDIT:

I'm a numpty, you have to take your clothes off first as per @vaultbait post below,.

See also post from @spicydoritos it worked at the Museum as I was wearing armour and Harness (slot 33) I was caught out as I was wearing a skirt I have allocated to slot 40.

Edited by Slorm
55 minutes ago, Slorm said:

The problem is that it's no longer possible to power up the armour by transferring a fusion core.

Interesting. I was trying it out yesterday and had no problem inserting a fusion core with that perk (I don't leave fusion cores in suits because... settlers). Maybe a condition got stuck? I'll try it again in a bit, both clothed and naked.

Edit: Tested just now, when I'm naked I get the options "enter, transfer, interface your insides" while when clothed I get just "enter, transfer" as expected, regardless of whether a fusion core is already in the suit. In both cases, transfer will allow me to insert a fusion core into a suit which lacks one or remove the inserted core, enter will automatically insert a core into a suit which lacks one.

Moar edit: I've determined that while nude the "interface your insides" option does not insert a fusion core into a suit which lacks one, and results in the warning about it being out of power once the player is completely installed.

Edited by vaultbait
45 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Interesting. I was trying it out yesterday and had no problem inserting a fusion core with that perk (I don't leave fusion cores in suits because... settlers). Maybe a condition got stuck? I'll try it again in a bit, both clothed and naked.

Edit: Tested just now, when I'm naked I get the options "enter, transfer, interface your insides" while when clothed I get just "enter, transfer" as expected, regardless of whether a fusion core is already in the suit. In both cases, transfer will allow me to insert a fusion core into a suit which lacks one or remove the inserted core, enter will automatically insert a core into a suit which lacks one.

Moar edit: I've determined that while nude the "interface your insides" option does not insert a fusion core into a suit which lacks one, and results in the warning about it being out of power once the player is completely installed.

Just tested and confirm you're right.

It was me that caught out by it working when clothed at the Museum. I have the D option there and assumed the pc was automatically unclothed.

I'll edit my report but I'll leave it in case this catches anybody else out. Must have a touch of numptyitis :classic_smile:

59 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Bug Report - a nice big fat hairy one

Oh noes it's me again :classic_smile:

There's a big problem with the USB perk and power armour:

This is without the perk active

Hide contents

ScreenShot74.jpg.52c1572ffbc511d4857fb78b5d13bd2f.jpg

And this is with the perk active if there's no fusion core inserted

Hide contents

ScreenShot76.jpg.944f78f70beb0add3b1e277aee538982.jpg

It'll work the first time in the Museum of Freedom as I'm assuming that's a scripted event

Workaround for now I guess is to remove the perk (xx0118BD) using the console, transfer the core and then add the perk back

You get that second image whether or not a fusion core is inserted, if you're wearing leg slots*.  So the workaround is to unequip those slots.  Then you can transfer all you want, and if you still want to enter without using the interface, you can do that too.

That said, it's not my intention to lock out the transfer option just because you're wearing leg slots.  I'll have to work on that for next version.

*On legs slots, it's supposed to give you the "Enter Without Internal Interface" button when you're covering either slot 39 or 40.  Both must be empty to use the perk's effect.  Due to another minor bug, it only does the lockout when slot 40 is filled.  I'll fix that one too.

4 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

You get that second image whether or not a fusion core is inserted, if you're wearing leg slots*.  So the workaround is to unequip those slots.  Then you can transfer all you want, and if you still want to enter without using the interface, you can do that too.

That said, it's not my intention to lock out the transfer option just because you're wearing leg slots.  I'll have to work on that for next version.

*On legs slots, it's supposed to give you the "Enter Without Internal Interface" button when you're covering either slot 39 or 40.  Both must be empty to use the perk's effect.  Due to another minor bug, it only does the lockout when slot 40 is filled.  I'll fix that one too.

Ah that explains, I use 40 for skirts, at the Museum I was just leather armour and Harness (slot 33)

2 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

On legs slots, it's supposed to give you the "Enter Without Internal Interface" button when you're covering either slot 39 or 40.  Both must be empty to use the perk's effect

That makes more sense. I was trying to figure out what definition of naked it was using (I should have reread the description), but now I get why it wouldn't care if you're wearing a top. ?

It was what was missing, it rightly fills the empty spaces between one mod and another. I haven't enabled all the perks (a good half) and everything is working fine for me, hallelujah.
I was wondering about the USB Type-V functionality if it was possible to add something similar to the Angels Techsuit (not the power armor) since it already comes with various plugs and gags with the addition of bonuses and malus but without the feature of access to the power armor, perhaps by adding keywords from FO4Edit.

2 hours ago, PariahOh said:

It was what was missing, it rightly fills the empty spaces between one mod and another. I haven't enabled all the perks (a good half) and everything is working fine for me, hallelujah.
I was wondering about the USB Type-V functionality if it was possible to add something similar to the Angels Techsuit (not the power armor) since it already comes with various plugs and gags with the addition of bonuses and malus but without the feature of access to the power armor, perhaps by adding keywords from FO4Edit.

The perk alters activation options for power armor chassis, which are technically implemented as furniture objects in the game. Making a similar feature for armor and clothing items would need an entirely different implementation, it wouldn't be anything as simple as just adding a keyword.

Or are you asking to make it so that you can use the USB Type-V feature to interface with a power armor chassis while wearing the techsuit? If so, you could just delete the leg slots from the Armor and Armor Addon records for the techsuit, would be easy to make a patch plugin to do that in FO4Edit.

@vaultbait I was just wondering about the first option (run speed and vats acc/ wear orefice) because in reality the AngeliTech Powersuit only covers slots 33, 4 and 5 (34 and 35) so it does not prevent the function. Thinking about it first I should make SA consider those plugs as wearing. So I should have turned on my brain first :). Thank you.

Soooooo something funny happened as in probably a bug of somekind.

I was making my way across the wasteland and happened upon Ron so I though yeah I'll stop for a drink and a have a beer and wouldn't you know it Easy Prey triggered and my character was knocked out. but the Actor Easy Prey choose in the Spoiler below I don't think is intended.

Spoiler

ScreenShot9.png.84563d92d4697f253a7250ff82a43edf.png

So either something has gone somewhat wrong in my game or somehow Machineguns are valid actors for this mod which doesn't seem intended behavior for the mod.

Edited by Spaceguest991
2 hours ago, Spaceguest991 said:

Soooooo something funny happened as in probably a bug of somekind.

I was making my way across the wasteland and happened upon Ron so I though yeah I'll stop for a drink and a have a beer and wouldn't you know it Easy Prey triggered and my character was knocked out. but the Actor Easy Prey choose in the Spoiler below I don't think is intended.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot9.png.84563d92d4697f253a7250ff82a43edf.png

So either something has gone somewhat wrong in my game or somehow Machineguns are valid actors for this mod which doesn't seem intended behavior for the mod.

I've seen that once before on a borked save while developing mod updates.  There were a lot of other fundamental things going wrong, really basic engine failures like arrays (lists) being passed to a function but losing all entries beyond the first.  I chalked it up to mixed old/new scripts, cleanup up my version overwrites, and reloaded a previous save.

TBH there's no reason I can discern for getting a turret partner.  PVPK's AAF partners are chosen based on whitelisted races in the RefCollectionAlias conditions.  Turrets aren't among those races, obviously, so either the engine is erroneously bypassing the condition checks, or erroneously classifying turrets as some other race.  My suggestion in either case is the same: double check your papyrus log for errors and consider rolling back to a previous save.