43 minutes ago, Chlodwig said:

I Tried removing the Perks via MCM Menu but than the screen turns black and shows that it is loading something but the loading never ends.

Is there a another way to remove a perk?

Do you mean the button to reset all perks in the MCM Debug section?  I tried it just now and it worked as expected.  Try again and post a papyrus log from the session, and I'll take a look.

If you updated to the FO4 next gen version, I can't guarantee the functionality of anything.

1 hour ago, Chlodwig said:

Its the "old" version doesn't make sense to change to new one just for some CC Content and breaking most old mods.

Where can I find the papyrus log?

Instructions for papyrus logging can be found here.

Before you do that, though, try one more thing for me. Grab the unstick patch I made, install it and try to remove your perks again. I made some script changes that might explain why it works correctly for me but not you.

Posted (edited)

Unstick patch worked for removing my perks at least, unfortunately that seems to be the only thing that does when I try to use the mod sadly.

Attached is a file with a failed Animal Magnetism (Bloatfly anims worked previously in Boston Breeder ETA: Manual bloatfly scene processed normally) and an attempt to use Easy Prey with 3+ Alcohol and 2-3 Drugs 16 seconds before save (100% chance, 10sec to blackout settings, 100% AAF chance). I also couldn't get worldspace consumption working, but I believe that's an issue with AN76.

Hope it helps, I don't recall anyone else leaving a log after the AM failures when I last looked. Also, potentially related, I have been unable to interact with several quest targets in Commonwealth Slavers and Nuka Ride that are not standard humanoids, notably the mirelurk hatchling Beagle, Bradburton's head, and the targets of the Dr Duff animal experiment quests.

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by JemappelleRedacted
On 5/13/2024 at 6:13 PM, spicydoritos said:

Instructions for papyrus logging can be found here.

Before you do that, though, try one more thing for me. Grab the unstick patch I made, install it and try to remove your perks again. I made some script changes that might explain why it works correctly for me but not you.

I used your unstick patch and it worked  Thank you

7 hours ago, JemappelleRedacted said:

Unstick patch worked for removing my perks at least, unfortunately that seems to be the only thing that does when I try to use the mod sadly.

Attached is a file with a failed Animal Magnetism (Bloatfly anims worked previously in Boston Breeder ETA: Manual bloatfly scene processed normally) and an attempt to use Easy Prey with 3+ Alcohol and 2-3 Drugs 16 seconds before save (100% chance, 10sec to blackout settings, 100% AAF chance). I also couldn't get worldspace consumption working, but I believe that's an issue with AN76.

Hope it helps, I don't recall anyone else leaving a log after the AM failures when I last looked. Also, potentially related, I have been unable to interact with several quest targets in Commonwealth Slavers and Nuka Ride that are not standard humanoids, notably the mirelurk hatchling Beagle, Bradburton's head, and the targets of the Dr Duff animal experiment quests.

Papyrus.0.log 1.32 MB · 0 downloads

I appreciate the log.  TBH it looks like your save is in bad shape.  The vast majority of the log consists of stack dumps, errors, and script failures from a variety of mods (PVPK, AAF, INVB, AES, HVM, maybe others).  The perks from PVPK fail because my scripts can't send information to each other.  Unfortunately that's not something I can fix on my end.

Possibly related: I'm not familiar with "AAF Extended Stats" but it appears to be checking your character against its internal arrays about once per second.  That's a lot of extra script load.  Also, I see entries for Sim Settlements 2.  This mod is not problematic but it is extremely script heavy.  I advise being selective about which other mods you run concurrently with SS2. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, there's a huge amount of HVM, which is probably Hightech Vision Modes...which is trying to read the authors' HDD for some reason? Interesting how SS2 is constantly being called out in LL, is SS1 any better? Strangely the game has been more stable than certain SS1 builds I've played a few years ago. AAF Extended Stats appears to be AAF History, which doesn't inform me of updated info anywhere near that frequently. ETA It is, however, a prereq for a mod I've long since ceased using, so it has been purged.

Hmm, reading through it I'm wondering if there's any way to discover if there's a single cascade or just a spaghetti failure...I'm seeing Random Overlays, History, High Tech Vision, Human Resources, Boston Devious Helper, Nuka Ride, SS2 VaulTec Tools, and Workshop Plus in just 7 minutes, although arguably by volume History, HVM, and Overlays are the bulk of the errors.

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 3:19 PM, Chlodwig said:

I Tried removing the Perks via MCM Menu but than the screen turns black and shows that it is loading something but the loading never ends.

Is there a another way to remove a perk?

depending on the perk you can remove it via console. Some are not recommended to be removed this way. tried to do it with carnal compulsion because it kept pointing to enemies even when I had that turned off and I kept the debuff. But to remove perks you first need the perk id, your going to
1. type "help pvpk_ 4 perk" into the console. This will give you a list of the perks and their ids.
2. Find the perk you want to remove. Say you want to remove abandoned property, your going to go through the list in console (using page up and page down keys to scroll) and find what its called exactly. In this case for abandoned property its PVPK_AbandonedProperty.
3. next is removing the perk just type "player.removeperk PVPK_AbandonedProperty", just replacing the abandoned property text with whatever one you want to remove.

EDIT: didnt realize it was already fixed,lol

EDIT 2: WARNING THAT NOT ALL PERKS CAN BE REMOVED THIS WAY. SOME ARE JUST THERE TO KICK THINGS OFF AND REMOVEING THEM DOESNT REMOVE SUPPLIMENTARY EFFECTS.

Edited by indolu
10 hours ago, JemappelleRedacted said:

Interesting how SS2 is constantly being called out in LL, is SS1 any better?

SS2 itself is a fine mod.  IMO it's a marvel that pushes the boundaries of what modding can accomplish in this game.  At the same time, it is also extremely resource intensive.  Combining SS2 with other resource hungry (or poorly made and inefficient) mods quickly results in a degraded user experience.  Unfortunately, it can be difficult for the average user to determine which other mods are problematic.  A large, script-heavy mod can have a low impact if it's well designed, while a small mod that runs constant background functions can stealthily consume many available resources.  The best advice is to play SS2 in its own profile with few other mods, and save your big, scripted, sandboxy mods for a separate profile.

10 hours ago, JemappelleRedacted said:

Hmm, reading through it I'm wondering if there's any way to discover if there's a single cascade or just a spaghetti failure...I'm seeing Random Overlays, History, High Tech Vision, Human Resources, Boston Devious Helper, Nuka Ride, SS2 VaulTec Tools, and Workshop Plus in just 7 minutes, although arguably by volume History, HVM, and Overlays are the bulk of the errors.

Difficult to determine from the papyrus log alone.  Many of those errors are downstream of the big stack dump, and probably not the fault of the original mod.  Others are simply harmless; not every papyrus error is a problem, although personally I'm obsessive about eliminating them from my mods.  If possible, disable the prime suspects one by one via MCM menu and test again.  Also be aware that deleting mods on an existing save can cause more problems than it solves.

8 hours ago, indolu said:

depending on the perk you can remove it via console. Some are not recommended to be removed this way. tried to do it with carnal compulsion because it kept pointing to enemies even when I had that turned off and I kept the debuff. But to remove perks you first need the perk id, your going to
1. type "help pvpk_ 4 perk" into the console. This will give you a list of the perks and their ids.
2. Find the perk you want to remove. Say you want to remove abandoned property, your going to go through the list in console (using page up and page down keys to scroll) and find what its called exactly. In this case for abandoned property its PVPK_AbandonedProperty.
3. next is removing the perk just type "player.removeperk PVPK_AbandonedProperty", just replacing the abandoned property text with whatever one you want to remove.

EDIT: didnt realize it was already fixed,lol

I must add that this method should be used with caution.  It works for some self-contained perks.  However, other perks are little more than a trigger for initiating perpetual magic effects.  Removing the perk itself does not clear the other effects, and the results may be unpredictable.

If the user is technically savvy enough to determine which is which, then proceed at your own risk.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

SS2 itself is a fine mod.  IMO it's a marvel that pushes the boundaries of what modding can accomplish in this game. 

It's amazing that they managed to turn the engine inside out to accomplish what they have...only for a single vanilla spawn raider shooting Old Paul to derail every single quest afterwards lol. Given the spaghetti of my log it's probably a combination of issues, but I find the scene system very fragile and prone to failures in SS2, CS, NR, and Boston Breeder just off the top of my head. Unfortunately, as the major sandbox mod, it's rather hard to split SS2 from the main mod grouping.

13 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

If possible, disable the prime suspects one by one via MCM menu and test again.  Also be aware that deleting mods on an existing save can cause more problems than it solves.

At least History had an uninstall function to hopefully mitigate the problem, it's definitely sped up Modern Firearms' scripts so that's nice. A proper retest is going to have to wait until I can face my fifth new run in under a month, but I have doubts that any MCM juggling I can achieve will restart your mod since it looks like it can't even find it's own quest. Not to worry, when I do get around to run 5 I'll clear out some dross and let you know if anything crops up that you might be able to use diagnostically. Thanks for the assist though! 

16 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

I must add that this method should be used with caution.  It works for some self-contained perks.  However, other perks are little more than a trigger for initiating perpetual magic effects.  Removing the perk itself does not clear the other effects, and the results may be unpredictable.

If the user is technically savvy enough to determine which is which, then proceed at your own risk.

yeah, maybe I should have been more clear on that. I had put that I had tried and failed to do it with Carnal Compulsion and it didn't remove other effects, buts its kinda just in there and not obvious. Ill edit a big warning in there.

The tentacles perk doesn't seem to work for me, I even set it to 10% and played for 6 hours now an nothing has happen yet, is there a way to see if the Animated tentacles or Provocative perks problem? (Ive added the mods to a mod pack called A StoryWealth)

3 hours ago, LinseyRose said:

The tentacles perk doesn't seem to work for me, I even set it to 10% and played for 6 hours now an nothing has happen yet, is there a way to see if the Animated tentacles or Provocative perks problem? (Ive added the mods to a mod pack called A StoryWealth)

Kill a biological creature (human, bloatfly, etc) with the spawn chance setting at 100%.  Then walk inside the radius for spawning and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, the mod description for Animated Tentacles has instructions for spawning a tentacle via console.  Follow those instructions to see if AT is functioning.

If you can spawn a tentacle via console but not with the perk, then try again and post a papyrus log.

Also, because I feel like I have to say this every time I see script-related problems posted by a new account: if you are running the "Next Gen" version of Fallout 4, I cannot guarantee the full functionality of anything that relies on F4SE.

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

Kill a biological creature (human, bloatfly, etc) with the spawn chance setting at 100%.  Then walk inside the radius for spawning and see what happens.  If that doesn't work, the mod description for Animated Tentacles has instructions for spawning a tentacle via console.  Follow those instructions to see if AT is functioning.

If you can spawn a tentacle via console but not with the perk, then try again and post a papyrus log.

Also, because I feel like I have to say this every time I see script-related problems posted by a new account: if you are running the "Next Gen" version of Fallout 4, I cannot guarantee the full functionality of anything that relies on F4SE.

Hello its seems the AT is not working at all, as the command to search for/spawn them doesn't show up, i'm using the 0.9 version the only one I could find, as the main page for AT does not exist anymore? I'm on the version before Next Gen, since Bethesda updates are normally bad for the 700+ mods, however it does show your commands/things when I used the help command, So i'm assuming its not on your end, it also stops at 10%, so im unsure how to force the 100%. So I guess i'm outa luck?

51 minutes ago, LinseyRose said:

the main page for AT does not exist anymore?

The support topic for it still exists though, and in recent posts you can find a link to the creator's Discord server, where download links for their mods (including AT) are provided.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LinseyRose said:

Hello its seems the AT is not working at all, as the command to search for/spawn them doesn't show up, i'm using the 0.9 version the only one I could find, as the main page for AT does not exist anymore?

The first post of the AT mod thread contains the console command info. Or did you mean that you tried the commands and had no results?  Version 0.9 is the most recent available.

1 hour ago, LinseyRose said:

it also stops at 10%, so im unsure how to force the 100%. So I guess i'm outa luck?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. You can do this two ways. First option is to search for and change the global value via console. I won't be at my PC for several hours so I can't list the exact global name right now; try using "help tentacle 0" and see what pops up. The FormID number will end with 986.

The second option is to open the config.json file in this mod's MCM folder. Use Notepad++ or similar text editor.  Find the "Spawn Chance" portion under "Tentacle Bait" and change the max value to 100. 

Edited by spicydoritos
Posted (edited)

Hey, sorry to bother. In my playthrough I ended up acquiring Delicate Skin. Is there any way to remove specific perks? Or is this character just kinda stuck with it?

I ask because I really love the VTAC Redux Armor, with RobCo SAKR Patcher, thanks RubberDuck & N.Gamma, in conjunction with Combat Strip Lite. But the blurry affect is very bad. I was able to ignore it at first, and it really does work as said.

My current issue is the suit I use is fully covered, removing the suit, but keeping the armor on is alright, probably have to craft and use a different suit type, probably a more skimpy one.

If not, again, as said above, I'll probably just have to use a skimpier VTAC Suit. Anyways, amazing mod, very well done!

EDIT: I'm actually very, very impressed with the blur affect you have for Delicate Skin. Nothing the vanilla game did blur wise ever caught me off guard so badly xd.

Edited by NoodleMyAsian
28 minutes ago, NoodleMyAsian said:

Hey, sorry to bother. In my playthrough I ended up acquiring Delicate Skin. Is there any way to remove specific perks? Or is this character just kinda stuck with it?

I ask because I really love the VTAC Redux Armor, with RobCo SAKR Patcher, thanks RubberDuck & N.Gamma, in conjunction with Combat Strip Lite. But the blurry affect is very bad. I was able to ignore it at first, and it really does work as said.

My current issue is the suit I use is fully covered, removing the suit, but keeping the armor on is alright, probably have to craft and use a different suit type, probably a more skimpy one.

If not, again, as said above, I'll probably just have to use a skimpier VTAC Suit. Anyways, amazing mod, very well done!

EDIT: I'm actually very, very impressed with the blur affect you have for Delicate Skin. Nothing the vanilla game did blur wise ever caught me off guard so badly xd.

Are you sure you mean the Delicate Skin perk?  That one has no visual effect, only a movement speed reduction.  On the other hand, Exhibitionist Streak causes visual blur if you're too clothed.

The short answer is that there's no built-in way to remove an individual perk.  Instead, you can effectively disable most perks by changing MCM settings.  For Exhibitionist Streak you can adjust the SAKR threshold to zero, which means your rating will always be above the threshold.  Or you can turn off just the visual blur effect if it's too distracting.

59 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Are you sure you mean the Delicate Skin perk?  That one has no visual effect, only a movement speed reduction.  On the other hand, Exhibitionist Streak causes visual blur if you're too clothed.

The short answer is that there's no built-in way to remove an individual perk.  Instead, you can effectively disable most perks by changing MCM settings.  For Exhibitionist Streak you can adjust the SAKR threshold to zero, which means your rating will always be above the threshold.  Or you can turn off just the visual blur effect if it's too distracting.

Ah yes that. My bad I was reading about the Delicate Skin perk earlier in this thread and got confused with Exhibitionist Streak.

Thanks for responding! I was confused earlier and looking at the Delicate Skin settings and didn't see it, but low and behold it was just me. I actually quite like it, as it kinda forced me to adapt and came up with a new VTAC Set I liked. Which was the medium armor with the Diver bodysuit, showing off bits of skin, but not too much.

12 hours ago, SeecretShy said:

Probably known already but the USB Perk is not compatible with Baka Power Armor Storage makes it so you cant do anything with the power armor. Not sure how I could fix that am dumb =3

Yeah, I really wanted a mod to go with it, to store power armor in your inventory like F76, but anything that adds a new button to power armor will inevitably conflict since USB Type-V adds a third button to use (or not use dependent on clothing.) the USB Type-V.

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 7:13 AM, spicydoritos said:

The first post of the AT mod thread contains the console command info. Or did you mean that you tried the commands and had no results?  Version 0.9 is the most recent available.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. You can do this two ways. First option is to search for and change the global value via console. I won't be at my PC for several hours so I can't list the exact global name right now; try using "help tentacle 0" and see what pops up. The FormID number will end with 986.

The second option is to open the config.json file in this mod's MCM folder. Use Notepad++ or similar text editor.  Find the "Spawn Chance" portion under "Tentacle Bait" and change the max value to 100. 

After further investigation, I've come across my fix, and its rather super silly... the mod was zipped inside a zip of its self xD (It seems mega does that sometimes on downloads according to my search for a mod fix, someone said that, so I checked, and yup, that was the case!)

Edited by LinseyRose