TES5Edit

ballsy

Like you know, everything. I've read through Neovalen's stuff http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited so I sort of understand the basic process. Sometimes he doesn't sort out all the conflicting records though so it's definitely not just drag and dropping everything red. I can patch basic stuff but mods like SkyRe... yeah. I just want to know if there's anyone out here with more knowledge on this stuff. 

Just make a last loading esp, with overwrites of the entries you don't like the outcome.

For example if Books of Skyrim and SkyRe have overwriting entries that are conflicting, you copy the entries to a new last loading esp, and take the stuff from the mods you want as the end result, in our example BoS 3rd and 1st models for books and the SkyRe effects that the books will have, tada both mods are compatible now, SkyRe skill books with BoS models and textures. Same works with leveled list, spawnllist, armors/weapons, etc. You just need to choose wisely that the end effect is that what you want.

Also consider not every red entry is a conflict and not all conflicts need to be patched, you just have to look at the end result.

What esps do you want patched? If you post them I could probably patch them for you. (depending on if they have scripts or not) It would take a which to teach how to properly patch with just Tes5Edit since a lot of the process comes from experience and not making the same mistakes twice lol.

There's a guy thats worked out an automated script for merging in Tes5Edit. It's pretty robust, but there are some things you have to pay attention to and know to watch out for. I highly suggest browsing through the comments in addition to reading the readme.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37981//?

I'm nowhere near the mod limit though, so I'm not too worried about that yet. 

Test around the more you use TES5Edit the more you know what entries are false and what are right, and what you need to edit to make defect entries correct and how to clean esp/esm better than the auto cleaning function already does.

What esps do you want patched? If you post them I could probably patch them for you. (depending on if they have scripts or not) It would take a which to teach how to properly patch with just Tes5Edit since a lot of the process comes from experience and not making the same mistakes twice lol.

Thanks. Though as convenient as that sounds, it would only be a temporary solution unless the mod author(s) decide not to update their mods or are completely, 100% done with the mod. Actually, I'll just try to sort things out myself. Would you guys mind I occasionally ask stuff via PM? 

No problem, if you want to ask, simply ask^^. If you are worried about when a mod is updated, just do the overwrite entries method ín a new esp that loads last if an esp is updated it's just one time going through the updated esp (if something else is added and need to be fixed) and one time going through the last loading compability esp (if you can delete something), most of the time I don't even have to change anything on my compability patch on an update.

Hi

I have these wonderfull corsets with naked breats and crotch but it bothers me that my toon is not recognized as being naked when wearing them.

Is it possible to change that in TES5Edit? changing property?value?.......or?

Couldt somebody guide a non modder through step by step please?

Thanx

Unless you use a mod that adds a "naked" keyword to armors and changes the vanilla scripts that control when an NPC recognizes you as naked (in which case you just need to go the form of the corset, find the KWD field, right-click > Add and modify the new line), NPCs remark on your being naked only when they detect you have nothing in your armor body slot. As I've never tampered with armor and body slot assignment, I don't know if it's just a matter of modifying their Biped Body Template field (right-click on the first person flags line in the form you wish to modify > edit > uncheck "Body") or if you need to modify the flags of the nif file too.

Archived