How do I fix the dark face bug? (no, ctrl plus f4 does not work)

Guest Vendayn

Guest Vendayn

I made a custom companion (personal use only), using an edited Monli race. Everything works...except her body is much much lighter than her head.

Did ctrl + f4...multiple times...didn't save the mod after doing it...saved after doing that. The files are in the correct position in the skyrim folder...and doesn't change anything at all. It just does not work for this companion/race.

So...after many days of searching on Google...and only ctrl + f4 has an answer...and finding nothing else but that one answer...I come here. Is there a way to make the body match the head or vice versa? It doesn't look that good for screenshots cause of it. Its way too obvious.

So what it is exactly is...the head looks like she got a sun tan. And the body looks like it hasn't seen day light in years. The head isn't black, but just very dark compared to the body that is really white

Thanks for any help :)

Guest Vendayn

You did how the actor your wanted to import selected before you did ctrl + F4 right?

If the actor or actors are not selected it's not going to export anything even though it will say done and the folders will be created.

Yeah, I selected the actor and did that. I thoroughly read the directions of the guide I was using to create a follower. I made sure the follower was selected each time I tried doing it.

If it matters...I imported the face from a character I made in-game. And yeah, I'm using apaachi hair (plus other hair mods), and a bunch of other stuff. Maybe it has to do with character editor I'm using. In the folder its just "Race Menu". It extends all the character editing stuff in the game.

(edit:

Oh and thanks for the link Winny257. I'll read through it)

(edit: Oh, I see. It is because of Apaachi. I can't remove that though, it would destroy my main characters looks lol.)

Oh and thanks for the link Winny257. I'll read through it)

(edit: Oh, I see. It is because of Apaachi. I can't remove that though, it would destroy my main characters looks lol.)

It's not because of Apachii, that was referring to a specific mod with face problems. It seems some mods, like that Apachii NPC overhaul, just seem to have face problems with certain characters, and even if the Ctrl F4 thing works for some, it doesn't work for those specific NPCs. Like I use Inhabitants of Skyrim for my NPC overhauling needs, and Lami in Morthal just does not come out right.

Myself, some custom Elin companions of mine will always have dark faces upon a fresh install even if I copy over previously working facetints, and I have to re-export the exact same facetints to get them right. The whole facetint business is just baffling.

I would suggest messing with the NPC's face data in the Creation Kit and exporting some more. Changing their complexion, highlighting their face skin in the list before clicking OK and exporting, or something else.

Give console commands like recycleactor or disable/enable a try, too.

Guest Vendayn

How do I export/re-export facetints? Couldn't find anything in my few pages of Google search.

Tried exporting more, the recyleactor/disable and enable, and did setweight to the correct one...but the head is too dark. I go to my character I made in game, and the head is way lighter than it shows up after making her a follower.

(edit:

So dunno what I did exactly...or it was a combination of things

But I did everything suggested at once, and it worked. I did export, tweaked the face settings in creation kit, exported again...and two more for safe measure. Then I did setnpcweight #, then I did enable/disable, then I did recycleactor...and did setnpcweight again...and it worked. Setting the weight fixed it in the end, but didn't do anything before.

Really strange I had to do all that. But it worked. :D Thanks guys. The only slightly annoying thing is having to enter the weight command each time entering a new area...but that is fine. At least it works. :)

Guest Vendayn

Did you at any point check to see if it was your load order that was causing this problem? Where CTRL+F4 is not working, that is usually the problem I find (unless you're trying to use a custom race or something - which I do not). :huh:

Possibly, not sure. But, I use an edited Monli race like I said in OP.

But I got it working after multiple ctrl f4s and doing some other stuff. Now all I do is setnpcweight and it works, just have to do that each time entering a new area.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest poweredbipussie

the set weight and the creator kit didn't work for me :( its not on all npcs only some like inga black briar and a thrall in lord horkraths room.. i'm going crazy trying everything here please help 

• 2 years later...

Whassup, I have made a mod which fixes this annoying bug. Link here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81017/?

By the way, noticed that you did not enable comments on your mod on Nexus.  Don't want any feedback?

it's because of that comments aren't allowed

161223023449414803.jpg

wonder if some have add that to their load without checking what it do

also wonder what it's supposed to do since it's just an empty esp

Whassup, I have made a mod which fixes this annoying bug. Link here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81017/?

By the way, noticed that you did not enable comments on your mod on Nexus.  Don't want any feedback?

it's because of that comments aren't allowed

161223023449414803.jpg

wonder if some have add that to their load without checking what it do

also wonder what it's supposed to do since it's just an empty esp

Go back to my mods page, I've updated it, I just refreshed face gen data, then saved the file as an esp and put it on the nexus . Refreshing the face gen data worked for me and i saved it in the hope that it would work for others. Apparently not xD. Theres now instructions on how to fix it on the mod page

Archived