HDT Physics Extension Modding

Monsto Brukes

There's another one you should watch before that. That video only covers the hair rigging part; I have another under my channel for porting hair from scratch, its kind of long, but it shows you how to make all the slider colors work and how you can preview it in max with the different colors in case you only want to have it be the color on the texture map instead of the sliders (no idea why anyone would do that unless the hair is really dark).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found the correct method for rebuilding a ragdoll. This is really long I wouldn't recommend watching it all in one go-I'm going to upload another part later, but it will cover pretty much everything required for non clipping/realistic hdt setups.

actor_and_dog.png

Something that shows what we can do with these:

Another update coming soon:

I've created a plugin that rebuilds the rigid bodies from an imported nif automatically, but because of the way maxscript interacts with havok proxies I need a bit more time to figure out how I can associate/bind the imported bones with the rbs created by the script. I'm not sure why yet, but the only way I can find to associate a bone with a rb is to wrap an existing one with a bone as opposed to choosing it manually in the script.

dog ragdoll.zip

actor ragdoll.zip

• 2 weeks later...

@Canderes

Is there any tutorial/link on how you got setup for the Havok Visual Debugger?

Or whatever you used (apart from 3DS Max) to simulate the physics in your videos?

Sorry I'm new here and just trying to get started with HDT stuff, basically just wanna customize the .xml parameters and add more accurate Body Collisions.

Its just the preview tool from under the graphics filter. Add it after all the skeletons/constraints are setup and you can see what the rig is going to do. Also keep only the bodies you need - I did find that If I used more than I needed the whole setup would start lagging more or increase jitter. If you have an xml you can also use the preview tool from the start>all programs>havok folder, but the xml by itself can't be imported into max - I use the preview tool in max to setup my own rigs in the video and you would probably need some type of plugin to import the contents of the xml back into max. Anyway that should be enough if you just plan on editing things like friction and restitution in xml through notepad, but I would recommend learning the max methods so you can create your own rigs. Let me know if you have any more troubles.

Off-topic (sort of)

So I've made another discovery - some items indexed by the vanilla xml, non-converted for npc/player actors actually have some bones held outside of the skeleton/skeletonbeast nifs. The footbox/heel/toe nodes I saw when first looking at xmls ever under cherry/saidens old posts (where they were trying to add breasts/new bones, this is pre hdt stuff, all hkx/nif/kf related) from the skyrim forums are in the draugr nifs. I still have no idea what these do though, but they are required if you plan on rigging a custom skeleton (not hdt related, just some random discovery) my guess is that they are required for humanoid creatures to use actor animations (like giants, trolls, and the like).

Werewolf skeleton also seems to have gotten the bethesda special treatment: the capsules for the feet are rotated to the left. I always thought something was off about ragdoll, especially when it tumbled to the ground.

• 5 months later...

Hi! Can someone make Lara's hair style with physics?

a pic of the hair style:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/109287i48B28FF4E29B585D/image-size/large?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

The trailer of the game Tomb Raider:

someone make this hair already but it is static and not very good:

Screen_Shot215.jpg

(my player)

So I took this picture and improved it on Photoshop for you to see how it should be:

Screen_Shot25.jpg

^Can someone make something like this with physics?

The back hair should be something like this: (picture from the old version of the game becuase the hair in the last version is too high quality)

http://www.tweaktown.com/image.php?image=http://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/5/2/5258_3_tomb_raider_xbox_360_review_full.jpg

a video from the old version of Tomb Raider: (look the hair in here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZmPo1id2vc

Thank you :)

• 10 months later...

I don't have it anymore. It was like this mod, but the breasts had physics like the skyrim version (but only for ragdolls).

Maybe someone else here knows what I'm talking about?

It's around here somewhere. It added breast physics to dead characters only didn't it? This wouldn't work because the plugin is written for SKSE only. The only way it would work for something else is if they port it over of the OBSE, or the FSE (does that thing even exist? I don't like playing modded fallout). I remember someone mentioning that Skyrim uses an upgraded FO engine, and that Creation Engine is just a name to make it look like something newer.

Hi, I know this is an extremely late reply...but the mod in question is this one here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40739/?

There's also this, which could be useful as well; it applies ragdoll physics to a skeleton you put through the program:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/38427/?

I think it would require rewriting of the HDT Physics plugin in order to work for Oblivion or F:NV.

Sorry for bumping this thread. :/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi 

I need help(

I've outfit with physics of one element on the belt. It works fine, but without collisions. So, i decided to add collisions. I made regid bodys on L Thight, pelvis and on belt element. In havok preview all look fine. But in game, belt element shakes, like on wind and tries to take wrong position.... in some animations (!!!) (for some reason with hands down). OK, i decided to remove collisions and only to repeat what was in the original (physics without collisions). But, i have same result.(( I took the original nif, with the bones and skin of the author, and to build new bones - the result is the same. I did some outfits to this and similar problems have been encountered. What can it be? 3ds max 2012, havok tools 2012.2.0.2.

PS: sorry for my english(

Archived