[mod] Inertia Bodies (detailed vanilla bodies for Starbound...with bounce!)

Inertia Bodies (detailed vanilla bodies for Starbound...with bounce!)

Background

I was a little disappointed with the female body options available for vanilla Starbound so I decided to throw my hat into the ring. Introducing Inertia Bodies. Inspired by Extra Enhanced Body Shape (EEBS), detailed, shaded, nippled, genitaled, and, of course, bounced. I am happy enough with what I've got now to comfortably release it for you all to enjoy.

What Is Done?

Currently, I have completed all female idle and movement animation sprites (walking, running, jumping, and even swimming) for every vanilla race, including Fenerox and Shadow. Large breasts, nipples, subtle genital pixel, and bounce frames are applied to all 9 races (yes glitch breasts bounce as well).  I kept color schemes and patterns lore friendly if not identical to vanilla, but there were a few artistic liberties taken. No bodies currently have clothing support so tops will look stange, bizarre, and just plain wrong until you strip those pesky clothes off. Expect 'leakage' for any vanilla or modded clothing. EEBS clothing will do the best at keeping those puppies under wraps but it's not designed for bounce so...not perfect.

I have also now completed male base body sprites. Schlongs are reasonably sized, swing with their respective animations, and [mostly] utilize vanilla color-detailing palettes for extra customization potential. The schlongs' look vary by species. Some minor 'leakage' on some clothes for certain animation frames is possible, but nothing as severe as the females. File includes optional 'ripped' alternate sprites for males. These are located in the species' folders.

Demo

Spoiler

FloranDemo.gif.b06ffeb7e68d757ee762bec718d005da.gif

What Is Planned?

Next on the list is a male makeover. This won't be nearly as complex an edit but I do plan to refine some of the other nude male sprites to squeeze as much detail into that handful of pixels as possible. I intended to maintain bounce/swing support for these and will attempt to create species specific genitals if possible (it is quite literally a dozen or so pixels we're talking about here).

Complete with v1.1.0

After males are in a good place, the real work begins. I will add clothing support for the new bodies (females for sure; males may not need any edits...we'll see). I hope to include all vanilla clothes and armors (there's a lot of them). Tops are the key difference and will need the most attention but I may skimpify some of the bottoms as well.

Once clothing is complete, I would like to revisit all the the Sexbound animation frames and see if I can't integrate these new sprites seamlessly into sexbound animations as well.

If and when all of that is completed, who knows...futa bodies? pregenancy bodies? my own modded clothing package?

What (specifically) Is Not Planned?

I (with emphasis on the "I") will not be offering modded race support. That would be a nightmare to undertake as this is a free-time hobby for me. However, I will not bar other enterprising individuals who wish to use these sprite assets as guides for recreating modded races as desired.

Similarly, I cannot offer modded clothing support for a lot of the same reasons. I MAY release some form of modded clothing of my own to fit these bodies at some point, but that's well down the line.

Installation

Easy-peasy lem---Hey! Quit horsin' around with those lemons, pervert!

Download the latest version. Unzip...the file...and drop the now-unzipped 'InertiaBodies_v1.x.x' folder into your 'Starbound/mods' folder. Done.

If you wish to use the alternate 'ripped' male sprites, navigate to the species folder inside this mod that you wish to ripify, and delete the non-ripped 'malebody.png' from that folder (feel free to mix-and-match which species you'd prefer ripped or soft). Finally, rename the remaining 'malebody_ripped.png' to 'malebody.png'.

Changelog

Spoiler

[v1.1.0] September 12, 2022

-All vanilla race male base body sprites completed.

-Included optional 'ripped' alternate version of male sprites in main version file (some extra abdominal and pectoral detailing).

[v1.0.1] August 31, 2022

-Edited metadata file with an appropriate priority parameter which should fix a few overwriting issues some may have been experiencing.

-Edited nipples on some species' sprites to be more 'round' (hard to make a 2x2 pixel area look round but anyway)

-Edited swimming frames slightly. I don't think I'll ever be 100% satisfied with the swim loop. It loops too quickly to smooth out movement.

-Edited jump frames slightly. Breasts now appear to 'turn' upward at the jump's apex instead of  simply 'sliding' upward.

[v1.0.0] August 29, 2022

-Original file post

-All vanilla race female base body sprites completed

Edited by SlicedBread
Version Update. Changelog
13 hours ago, Happy11889 said:

somehow it isnt working

Your final filepath should look as follows: Starbound/mods/InertiaBodies_v1.0.0 with the ‘humanoid’ and metadata remaining inside of InertiaBodies_v1.0.0

Make sure that you do not have any other mods that overwrite female bodies. You might be surprised by how many mods do that without indicating that they do that. I found a few from the workshop that were messing up my testing of this mod.

I will update the .metadata tonight include a priority parameter that may help cut down the number of mods that overwrite this one. There’s also some minor sprite adjustments I’ve made that look a little better than v1.0.0

On 9/3/2022 at 11:57 AM, Asriel3 said:

I downloaded the mod but it doesn't work do you know why that happens?

There's no coding, no lua, and nothing in this mod that can 'break' so to speak. It's a simple asset replacer and currently only replaces female bodies for vanilla races. If you aren't seeing anything change while using this mod, there is really only two possibilities for why that is:

1) You've installed this mod incorrectly. Please, re-check my installation instructions in the OP and confirm that you got the correct files in the correct place. I re-clarified how everything should look if you've done it correctly seven posts above this one.

AND/OR

2) You have another mod with a lower priority that is overwriting the same assets that this one attempts to replace. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of this mod (currently v1.0.1) If you're unsure which mod is causing this you'll have to remove/disable your other mods gradually, keeping this one active, until you find the culprit. Then decide if that mod is worth keeping OR remove the assets (the femalebody.png sprite-sheets) that are interfering. Alternatively, you can set THIS mod to the lowest possible priority ("priority": 9999) in the metadata file using Notepad++ or similar editor. This MAY put it later in the load order and fix your issue.

Edited by SlicedBread

First of all, this is the best nude body I’ve found for Starbound, with great shaped nipples and boobs.

Secondly, until you make physics version of the clothing, I don’t suppose you could post a version without physics to stop the boobs from bouncing through non-physics clothing. That or some way to make the physics/body disappear when wearing clothes.

2 hours ago, zebes said:

First of all, this is the best nude body I’ve found for Starbound, with great shaped nipples and boobs.

Secondly, until you make physics version of the clothing, I don’t suppose you could post a version without physics to stop the boobs from bouncing through non-physics clothing. That or some way to make the physics/body disappear when wearing clothes.

On 9/10/2022 at 11:13 AM, DreaM MakeR said:

:D loving the mod, just a few personal opnion, breasts could be a bit smaller annnd most armors dont fit ;_;

The smaller they get the less detail I can fit...

There are lots of female body mods that fit vanilla clothes out fo the box. Some even include some degree of 'bounce'. None of them have multi-pixel nips, and none of them bounce as nicely as these. That's an advantage I enjoy purely because of the size of these cans. I just have more pixels to work with. I will likely revisit an alternate size for females somewhere down the line that could fit more clothing. But for now, I intend to keep truckin' with what I've got. Trust me, the ill-fitted clothing annoys me as well.

I've uploaded a new version. Males are now 'complete'. Now...about those damn clothes.

4 hours ago, toxicPsychotic said:

Is proper clothing support even possible?  It seems like the sprite sheets for upper body clothing don't include all the animation frames you'd need for the breast physics.

When I am ready to release clothes, I will be including a very small script that defines a new method for the new full sprite sheets. You are correct, though. Single frame is the standard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope there will be some fitting clothes for them someday

Btw, the size of the Tits is perfect, ppl that say "cloathing wont fit - make them smaller" should switch to other mods... ebbs should work 

Keep it up

Edited by Kesurs