21 hours ago, Mickster said:

There's this tutorial here:

Pretty sure you need to tick the Compress Archive option or the BSA will be massive.

I'm not sure how the game handles reading json files, more specifically if it can read them from within BSAs so I'd leave those outside the BSA.

Personally I've had Issues with getting the Archive.exe method to work. I used BSArch to make the BSA using the multi-thread and compress arguments. It's quite fast and the BSA is significantly smaller than the loose texture files. You can grab it from the FNV nexus.

After you've created the BSA you'll need to add "in_bsa":1 to each overlay entry in the json file. For example here's what the anal.json would look like.

[
    {"name": "Fist Hole (ass)", "section":"Anal", "texture":"anal\\ass_fist_hole.dds", "area":"Body", "in_bsa": 1},
    {"name": "Anal Slut", "section":"Anal", "texture":"anal\\butt_anal_slut_raz.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Raziel_br", "in_bsa": 1},
    {"name": "Butt Slut", "section":"Anal", "texture":"anal\\butt_butt_slut_zqzqz.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"zqzqz", "in_bsa": 1},
    {"name": "This Anus Open...", "section":"Anal", "texture":"anal\\this_anus_open.dds", "area":"Body", "in_bsa": 1}
]

You need an ESL/ESP to have the game load the BSA with the textures.

You can grab the empty ESL file from here if you don't know how to make one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23658?tab=files

So basically for each mod you'd have something like (using the anal pack as a demonstration).
Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats\anal.json (with the added "in_bsa":1 for each entry)
SlaveTatsAIO Anal - Textures.bsa (internally this contains the folder structure Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats\anal with all the overlay textures)
SlaveTatsAIO Anal.esl

Hope this helps.

PS: the packs I installed from the AIO are over 11GB uncompressed. When they're in BSA form it takes around 77MB.

Heya, thank you for the Tutorial, I will take a look at this at some point. I will return to this at some point, and sort the sizes.

So this morning, I have been taking a look at BSAs and looking into how I would make this work with the fomod. The making of the BSA isn't the issue, I do not understand how to include the textures BSA with the FOMOD that the user picks. I am not sure if anyone can assist with some knowledge here, but any help would be much appreciated. I will continue to look at this throughout the day but I cannot promise I can figure this out in haste.

28 minutes ago, RuinedRun said:

Yo. Installed it with, not getting load ingame. Aka i can enter SlaveTats MCM etc, but no new options. I am letting it overwrite SlaveTats as said in description

I would assume this lies with an incorrect install of Slavetats itself, as the install. I have never ran into this issue before. You do need to wait a good bit for Slavetats to finish loading first then wait again for the packs to be recognized.

9 minutes ago, Serreen said:

I would assume this lies with an incorrect install of Slavetats itself, as the install. I have never ran into this issue before. You do need to wait a good bit for Slavetats to finish loading first then wait again for the packs to be recognized.

I found out I'm a dumbass. I had assumed the "Add/remove tattoos" button was about applying it to the character, not loading new tattoos XD

On 3/17/2023 at 1:02 PM, Mickster said:

There's this tutorial here:

Pretty sure you need to tick the Compress Archive option or the BSA will be massive.

I'm not sure how the game handles reading json files, more specifically if it can read them from within BSAs so I'd leave those outside the BSA.

Personally I've had Issues with getting the Archive.exe method to work. I used BSArch to make the BSA using the multi-thread and compress arguments. It's quite fast and the BSA is significantly smaller than the loose texture files. You can grab it from the FNV nexus.

After you've created the BSA you'll need to add "in_bsa":1 to each overlay entry in the json file. For example here's what the anal.json would look like.

[
    {"name": "Fist Hole (ass)", "section":"Anal", "texture":"anal\\ass_fist_hole.dds", "area":"Body", "in_bsa": 1},
    {"name": "Anal Slut", "section":"Anal", "texture":"anal\\butt_anal_slut_raz.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Raziel_br", "in_bsa": 1},
    {"name": "Butt Slut", "section":"Anal", "texture":"anal\\butt_butt_slut_zqzqz.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"zqzqz", "in_bsa": 1},
    {"name": "This Anus Open...", "section":"Anal", "texture":"anal\\this_anus_open.dds", "area":"Body", "in_bsa": 1}
]

You need an ESL/ESP to have the game load the BSA with the textures.

You can grab the empty ESL file from here if you don't know how to make one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23658?tab=files

So basically for each mod you'd have something like (using the anal pack as a demonstration).
Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats\anal.json (with the added "in_bsa":1 for each entry)
SlaveTatsAIO Anal - Textures.bsa (internally this contains the folder structure Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats\anal with all the overlay textures)
SlaveTatsAIO Anal.esl

Hope this helps.

PS: the packs I installed from the AIO are over 11GB uncompressed. When they're in BSA form it takes around 77MB.

The only way I can see this working is if I make the FOMOD only install the JSONs (modified versions by myself) and then a separate download for all textures from ALL packs in one BSA. Other then that, I can not think of any other way this will work.

4 hours ago, Serreen said:

The only way I can see this working is if I make the FOMOD only install the JSONs (modified versions by myself) and then a separate download for all textures from ALL packs in one BSA. Other then that, I can not think of any other way this will work.

Right now you'd have something like this in your ModuleConfig.xml

<plugin name="SlaveTats Anal"> 
	<description>Pack made by "murfk" - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/619-slavetats/ -</description> 
	<files> 
		<folder source="Addons\SlaveTats Anal\Textures" destination="Textures" priority="0" /> 
	</files> 
	<typeDescriptor> 
		<type name="Optional"/> 
	</typeDescriptor> 
</plugin> 

Now assuming your new folder structure for the FOMOD is something like:

Addons\SlaveTats Anal\Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats\anal.json (as mentioned before every overlay entry in this should have a "in_bsa":1 now)

Addons\SlaveTats Anal\SlaveTats Anal.bsa (folder structure inside the BSA file is Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats\anal\ with all the DDS files)

Addons\SlaveTats Anal\SlaveTats Anal.esl (this is an empty esl file that will make sure the game loads the BSA)

fomod\ModuleConfig.xml

fomod\info.xml

The corresponding entry in the new ModuleConfig.xml would look something like this:

<description>Pack made by "murfk" - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/619-slavetats/ -</description> 
	<files> 
		<folder source="Addons\SlaveTats Anal\Textures" destination="Textures" priority="0" /> 
		<file source="Addons\SlaveTats Anal\SlaveTats Anal.bsa" destination="SlaveTats Anal.bsa" priority="0" />
		<file source="Addons\SlaveTats Anal\SlaveTats Anal.esl" destination="SlaveTats Anal.esl" priority="0" />
	</files> 
	<typeDescriptor> 
		<type name="Optional"/> 
	</typeDescriptor> 
</plugin> 

Notice that there are 2 new lines in the <files> section corresponding to the bsa and esl files.

I don't know if there's a more generic option to move everything in the top folder to the data folder like:
<folder source="Addons\SlaveTats Anal" destination="Data" priority="0" />

My knowledge of fomods is basically being able to look at the XML and understanding what it's doing. But the above solution with copying both files and the texture folder separately should work.

Edited by Mickster
19 hours ago, Mickster said:

Right now you'd have something like this in your ModuleConfig.xml

<files> 
	</files> 
	<typeDescriptor> 
		<type name="Optional"/> 
	</typeDescriptor> 
</plugin> 

Now assuming your new folder structure for the FOMOD is something like:

The corresponding entry in the new ModuleConfig.xml would look something like this:

<files> 
		<file source="Addons\SlaveTats Anal\SlaveTats Anal.bsa" destination="SlaveTats Anal.bsa" priority="0" />
		<file source="Addons\SlaveTats Anal\SlaveTats Anal.esl" destination="SlaveTats Anal.esl" priority="0" />
	</files> 
	<typeDescriptor> 
		<type name="Optional"/> 
	</typeDescriptor> 
</plugin> 

Notice that there are 2 new lines in the <files> section corresponding to the bsa and esl files.

I don't know if there's a more generic option to move everything in the top folder to the data folder like:
<folder source="Addons\SlaveTats Anal" destination="Data" priority="0" />

My knowledge of fomods is basically being able to look at the XML and understanding what it's doing. But the above solution with copying both files and the texture folder separately should work.

Thank you very much for this in-depth answer, this should defiantly help me out. I will be a bit busy today, but I will be working on getting this sorting as soon as I can. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 12:47 AM, BladedRonin said:

Windows is flagging the 1.6.4 version as having a trojan in it. the 1.6.2 version is clear as far as i can tell though. Thanks Mr. Otaku and oitenjay for helping figure out what was going on and what was safe.

EDIT: this is what windows thinks it foundimage.png.03734993fb8f57ffe30d7e8cf190134a.png

I have never had any issues or any reports of this "virus/trojan" and would never intend on doing so. The only files that are contained are the ones that colme straight from the original downloads.

On 4/8/2023 at 8:15 PM, BeranabusBarnes said:

This is great. A compendium of previews would be amazing though, or if the description linked to the originals so we could take a look at the pictures there. FOMOD links are okay but have to be copied and pasted.

Ye, this was getting worked on, but due to the amount of packs, it will take an incredibly long time. But I will look into getting all the links together into a list, so finding them is easier at some point.

• 4 weeks later...