[mod] Rimworld-Animation Patch

Hey everyone, sorry I've been away from the forum for a bit. I've been keeping an eye on the Discord channel though

Good news. v 1.2.2 is available now!

It fixes a large swathe of bugs and also adds some new features. See the change log for details on the first page for details

On 9/16/2022 at 9:58 PM, AblativeAbsolute said:

@AbstractConcept

I have implemented a very simple "Privacy precept" as requested by @Papersword.

https://gitdab.com/AblativeAbsolute/rimworld-animations-patch/commit/bfdcac73ef4dea6350079f3d73a5673259873b0d

(Would have loved to submit a PR on gitgud, but Sapphire/Cloudflare hindered that)

This probably should be refactored, I'm fairly new to C#.

Thank you for the submission! I'll have a look through it and see about implementing it in the next version

Hugslog:

Every day i see people asking for help without posting a hugslog but then i went right ahead and did it myself.  I'm also bugging you on discord so this may just be a me issue.

Edit: I'm also having a problem where removed clothes just disappear from existence.  I think my game might have just broken itself.

Edited by Rimworld Traveller

Is it difficult to somehow separate the functionality of this mod in parts? I'm interested in the new animations and the new moods of the pawns look quite interesting, which bring a little more life. But cropping clothes and everything connected with it is not at all interesting, as I understand it, this is what causes graphical glitches and conflicts.

I have both mods installed, leading to a cycle of conflicts. I installed after baby mod. In children, the hair has ceased to scale, for example, to hell with it. But the first sexual intercourse and this is the teleportation of pawns, blinking UI (I irl crap myself from such a glitch) and some other visual glitches. Plus, it looks like I have the same as the gentleman above.

Edited by Soldream

Sorry to hear your running into troubles! I do plan on separating out the social aspects of the patch into its own mod, since it's grown well beyond the original scope 

It would be very helpful if you could post your game logs when errors occur, so I fix these bugs

I'm currently working to see if I can better integrate this patch with both BnC and Apparel

49 minutes ago, AbstractConcept said:

Sorry to hear your running into troubles! I do plan on separating out the social aspects of the patch into its own mod, since it's grown well beyond the original scope 

It would be very helpful if you could post your game logs when errors occur, so I fix these bugs

I'm currently working to see if I can better integrate this patch with both BnC and Apparel

You sir, are a rock star and I want to say thanks despite my current issues that i'm not even sure have anything to do with your mod.

A possibly important piece of my puzzle: my current colony is running the Vaginal Only precept (as opposed to Free Love).  My understanding is that this is why my Orgy Ritual isn't working--everyone just stands around and talks.  Maybe something similar is happening here since the mod was updated?

Spoiler

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn Wolfe driver=JobDriver_RapeComfortPawn (toilIndex=2) driver.job=(RapeComfortPawn (Job_2051487) A=Thing_Human1684507)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Rimworld_Animations_Patch.CompPawnSexData.TryToExclaim () [0x0002f] in <27682a90c47845ea8fbb7bed1b874de5>:0
  at Rimworld_Animations_Patch.SexInteractionUtility.ResolveThoughtsForWhenSexIsWitnessed (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Pawn witness, System.Boolean& witnessJoiningSex) [0x002cf] in <27682a90c47845ea8fbb7bed1b874de5>:0
  at Rimworld_Animations_Patch.PawnExtension.HasPrivacy (Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Single radius) [0x00100] in <27682a90c47845ea8fbb7bed1b874de5>:0
  at Rimworld_Animations_Patch.HarmonyPatch_JobDriver_Sex_SexTick.Postfix (rjw.JobDriver_Sex& __instance, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00072] in <27682a90c47845ea8fbb7bed1b874de5>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) rjw.JobDriver_Sex.rjw.JobDriver_Sex.SexTick_Patch2(rjw.JobDriver_Sex,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,bool,bool)
  at rjw.JobDriver_RapeComfortPawn+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<MakeNewToils>b__6 () [0x00069] in <3a9f77050917427687c0d44d9e87f98c>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch0(Verse.AI.JobDriver)
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob (Verse.Pawn,string,System.Exception,Verse.AI.JobDriver)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver:Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch0 (Verse.AI.JobDriver)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick_Patch0 (Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn:Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch3 (Verse.Pawn)
Verse.TickList:Tick ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch6 (Verse.TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Game:Verse.Game.UpdatePlay_Patch3 (Verse.Game)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root_Play:Verse.Root_Play.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root_Play)

Mod list: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/00453bc94f0f6c94588dc55192e4700d

The animation cancels partway through, sometimes immediately, sometimes near the very end. 

On 10/4/2022 at 6:56 PM, grantman56 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn Wolfe driver=JobDriver_RapeComfortPawn (toilIndex=2) driver.job=(RapeComfortPawn (Job_2051487) A=Thing_Human1684507)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Rimworld_Animations_Patch.CompPawnSexData.TryToExclaim () [0x0002f] in <27682a90c47845ea8fbb7bed1b874de5>:0
  at Rimworld_Animations_Patch.SexInteractionUtility.ResolveThoughtsForWhenSexIsWitnessed (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.Pawn witness, System.Boolean& witnessJoiningSex) [0x002cf] in <27682a90c47845ea8fbb7bed1b874de5>:0
  at Rimworld_Animations_Patch.PawnExtension.HasPrivacy (Verse.Pawn pawn, System.Single radius) [0x00100] in <27682a90c47845ea8fbb7bed1b874de5>:0
  at Rimworld_Animations_Patch.HarmonyPatch_JobDriver_Sex_SexTick.Postfix (rjw.JobDriver_Sex& __instance, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00072] in <27682a90c47845ea8fbb7bed1b874de5>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) rjw.JobDriver_Sex.rjw.JobDriver_Sex.SexTick_Patch2(rjw.JobDriver_Sex,Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,bool,bool)
  at rjw.JobDriver_RapeComfortPawn+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<MakeNewToils>b__6 () [0x00069] in <3a9f77050917427687c0d44d9e87f98c>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch0(Verse.AI.JobDriver)
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
Verse.Log:Error (string)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob (Verse.Pawn,string,System.Exception,Verse.AI.JobDriver)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver:Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch0 (Verse.AI.JobDriver)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick_Patch0 (Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn:Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch3 (Verse.Pawn)
Verse.TickList:Tick ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch6 (Verse.TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate ()
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Game:Verse.Game.UpdatePlay_Patch3 (Verse.Game)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root_Play:Verse.Root_Play.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root_Play)

Mod list: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/00453bc94f0f6c94588dc55192e4700d

The animation cancels partway through, sometimes immediately, sometimes near the very end. 

Allright, but what might be cousing it?

On 9/10/2022 at 3:49 AM, AbstractConcept said:

Are they one of the issues listed on the first page? If not, please let me know what they are so I can address them

Sorry for the delay, but you kinda fixed it already, but i tested it now and have another type of problem: optimisation. When pawn on screen, my TPS drops from 400-500 to 320. It's more like FPS issue. Great mod btw. Thanks for it.

Can someone look at my log? Infinte errors on new save.  Pawns sometimes dont have sex and just walk away. And for some reason dont showup when drafted and and orded to move to a different cell. Not all of them even. In this save its "Антон" and "Мара". I seems to have all nessesery mod and RimPy sort them automaticly. Could it be because of Sexeperience? It also updated(both modules).
https://gist.github.com/cd87c69f6fe296fb1e6806a7de0de5ec

Edited by shar95
3 hours ago, shar95 said:

Can someone look at my log? Infinte errors on new save.  Pawns sometimes dont have sex and just walk away. And for some reason dont showup when drafted and and orded to move to a different cell. Not all of them even. In this save its "Антон" and "Мара". I seems to have all nessesery mod and RimPy sort them automaticly. Could it be because of Sexeperience? It also updated(both modules).
https://gist.github.com/cd87c69f6fe296fb1e6806a7de0de5ec

Lessen the ideology errors first. your log is drowning in them. Sexperience Ideology doesnt cause this, at least not latest version. Look at all other ideology mods you have update/remove them.

12 hours ago, Tory187 said:

And ya say this yet you have version 0.0.3 of c0ffee's Ideology Addon while the latest of that is 0.0.5

Gods balls, fuck. I thought i keep all of them to date. Guess i didnt look back enough. Gona try now.

Edited by shar95
14 hours ago, Tory187 said:

And ya say this yet you have version 0.0.3 of c0ffee's Ideology Addon while the latest of that is 0.0.5

Updated it. Didnt help. Disabaling animation patch solved it for some reason though. I dont know why. At list Ideo mods wasnt issue.

Edited by shar95

I've noticed there is a small compatibility issue with RJW-Extended and this mod. It is not game breaking but it does for one reason or another break the hediffs and thoughts for the mod. The gear from RJW-Extended does not apply its corresponding hediff or thought when worn by pawns. It does give a warning, something about the JobDriver throwing an exception. I've tested different load orders and tested it with a bare mods list, getting the same warning and issue.
Anyhow, the mod is great! I love the additions it adds and would like to continue to use it.
Here is the hugslog:

https://gist.github.com/873c744a8319e775a15dc59f5988dfa3

Hi everyone, thank you for the reports!

I just wanted to let you all know that with RimWorld 1.4 around the corner there will be a brief pause in the development of this mod while it's dependencies are being updated

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am planning to separate the social aspects of this mod (i.e., pawn privacy and reactions to witnessed sex) from its graphical changes and other tweaks into another standalone mod. This is being done because these social aspects have outgrown the original scope of the patch, and it will hopefully make maintenence and bug tracking easier

More information on this to come as development progresses