Dwarven Devious Cuirass - 3BA SE/AE

1 hour ago, Asrienda said:

No, unfortunately not. 

Which 2 folders are you using? You will need source (psc) in one, and compiled (pex) in the other.

This is confusing because LE and SE do it differently. Some mods package for the old LE folder, you have to move them. Then if you don't use the default for SE, you need to update your CK ini file to point to what you DID use. 

Well it's really messy.

There were two options really:

1 - just recreate the pose with 3ba in blender and try get everything to fit

2 - zap or delete portions of the old base body to keep the arms and legs, then splice in 3ba

I went with 2, zapping the 3ba legs around the knees and zapping most of the base body. I thought this would be easiest and allow for other future body conversions. I believe this is also how other people converted this to other bodies.

The problem came up with the torso and arms.

With the arms pulled back that far, it substantially changed the upper torso area of the mesh, so a clean cut did not work... And trust me, I tried for hours. The original body is also kind of a mess in that region too. So I ended up doing a pretty dirty edit of the 3ba body in that area to get it to work, most of which is hidden by the base arms, but in some poses it isn't... So then I made a new set of armor to originally cover that entire area up.

8 hours ago, Nova4 said:

like upgrading their defense with dwarven ingots

Knew I forgot to do something.

Updated to allow tempering the main armor, headwear, and skirts.

Also fixed a bug with the no-heels version which made it slightly float.

What files do I need to install? 

• Install both the base mod AND the "- DD.zip" and place it lower in your load order

So the "DwarvenDeviousCuirass (3BA) 2.0.0 - DD" and then what? The 2.0.1 file? Or is that just an update without the - DD.zip at the end? And in that case, what is the base mod? 1.5.0 no masters ESP.zip?

I don't get this naming convention.

In case you're wondering (probably not lol), I'm using something called semantic verisoning, or semver for short. It uses 3 version numbers, like 1.2.3. The major version aka first number, the "1" in this example, is only incremented if there's a breaking change, meaning using it will cause incompatibility with previous versions. The minor version aka second number, the "2" in this example, is for feature additions. The third number, the "3" in this example, is for bug fixes. Any version increases reset all numbers to the right to 0.

So an example change log/version history could be:

0.0.1 - initial creation

0.1.0 - added a feature

0.1.1 - fixed some bugs

0.1.2 - fixed more bugs

1.0.0 - made a breaking change (old features removed or incompatible with old versions or may require a clean install)

1.0.1 - fixed a bug

etc

With semver, if the product is using it correctly, you can use things relying on older versions with newer versions, as long as the major version is the same. So if you have a master mod in version 2.1.0, a derivative mod relying on version 2.0.3 should work. The inverse is not true of course - a master mod of 2.0.3 might not work with a derivative mod relying on 2.1.0 because a feature being relied upon could be missing. If the major versions are different, there most likely (although not always true) won't be compatibility.

In the case of this mod, the DD addon relies on 2.0.0 of the main mod, so as long as it stays in the 2.x.x range, it will be fine and doesn't require an update. And if it did require an update, I'd of course do that.

Edited by Asrienda
26 minutes ago, Nova4 said:

I tried to mod this armor to allow the collar to be upgraded with dwarven ingots and add the possibility to enchant it. But I fail. There is plans for you to add those features in the future?

Supposedly that was added/fixed in the last update? Not sure.

@Asrienda, is this in .esl or ESPFE format by any chance? Do you think it would be possible to compact the formids without breaking something?

5 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

Supposedly that was added/fixed in the last update? Not sure.

@Asrienda, is this in .esl or ESPFE format by any chance? Do you think it would be possible to compact the formids without breaking something?

Oh he's right, I didn't add the collar or plugs to be upgraded. Didn't seem to make sense to me to upgrade those.

They are .esl flagged and the form ids are already compacted.

41 minutes ago, Asrienda said:

Oh he's right, I didn't add the collar or plugs to be upgraded. Didn't seem to make sense to me to upgrade those.

They are .esl flagged and the form ids are already compacted.

I don't think the plug makes sense to upgrade, but the collar could provide some sort of theoretical defensive capability I would think? Not sure yet, just starting to figure out the bodyslide/zaps.

• 2 weeks later...