Dwarven Devious Cuirass - 3BA SE/AE

I always thought something like this

Spoiler

WJTFDRMzH7do_sw50ToqvPzK8bgZm8Robu-s2swI

could be done with this and using the crawl animation

The dwarven arms/legs would need to be altered, like for the legs the part that joins on to the knees would be moved back abit 

The arms would need adjusting to the front but could have the covering around them like the legs, then just a dwemer looking dog helmet and tail

On 10/3/2022 at 5:54 AM, Kernog said:

Hello.

First of all, thanks for your mod. I like the armor design.

How do you play the animations featured in the screenshots, or is there any mechanic associated with it (unless they come from other mods) ?

I don't remember where the animations came from exactly, I think they're from a SLAL pack but I forget which specifically, sorry!

On 10/3/2022 at 12:26 PM, Bluestar60 said:

I always thought something like this

Hide contents

WJTFDRMzH7do_sw50ToqvPzK8bgZm8Robu-s2swI

could be done with this and using the crawl animation

The dwarven arms/legs would need to be altered, like for the legs the part that joins on to the knees would be moved back abit 

The arms would need adjusting to the front but could have the covering around them like the legs, then just a dwemer looking dog helmet and tail

I actually have that image saved, along with basically ANYTHING I could find that's similar lol. 

I mean it could be done but it would be difficult. Animations are hard lol.

47 minutes ago, Asrienda said:

I actually have that image saved, along with basically ANYTHING I could find that's similar lol. 

I mean it could be done but it would be difficult. Animations are hard lol.

Should be able to use the crawling animations that are around and just remodel the robotic arms and legs to fit/look the part

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15452
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/63666
These have all the movements and sprint

Could maybe transplant parts from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6542, like using the head as a helmet ect

I think the only thing needed in use with the crawl animation is raising the player up so there knees are not on the ground, Perhaps setting it up like high heels could do this, so the player is raised up and just have the robotic limbs reach the ground

There is also https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11783 wich could be used to tweak the idle stance to better fit maybe

I thin the head need lifting up, there looking downward abit too much with the crawl animations

Just some thoughts, hoping we can have DAR change anims over to crawl when its equipped  

Edit: Devious Devices 4.1 Actually has an animation set for a bitchsuit, id say it needs tweaking abit, she is leaning downward ad her elbos are on the floor could edit it to level her spine so her elbows float and could maybe even raise up the whole animation so she floats off the ground giving you the space for the robotic limbs. If i was to choose id use the normal crawl animations and just model the arms like how they have been done in this mod already, the bitchsuit anims dosnt have a sprint. 

Would love a horse version too 

Spoiler

skyrim-anniversary-edition-dwarven-mecha

With this 

One thing at a time though haha

Edited by Bluestar60
  • 2 weeks later...

Crawling is also included in toys framework.

In the main quest line for "Nightshade versus Dibella" you are also forced to move "on all fours" for a while

In my opinion, the mod author solved this quite well.

And thank you for your work so far with this very special device - finally it got the (always needed) upgates that you get from a toy

into viable gear for the game!

Some time ago Tullius had also dealt with this armor and developed an acceptable Futa version of it as an add-on

(which took me a total of 3 days to get it working)

https://arca.live/b/tullius/6460382

https://arca.live/b/tullius/8579958

In my opinion, the whole thing could be implemented but not without cooperation with someone from the group of Futa Mod authors (here on LL)

On 10/18/2022 at 12:18 AM, Miauzi said:

Crawling is also included in toys framework.

In the main quest line for "Nightshade versus Dibella" you are also forced to move "on all fours" for a while

In my opinion, the mod author solved this quite well.

And thank you for your work so far with this very special device - finally it got the (always needed) upgates that you get from a toy

into viable gear for the game!

Some time ago Tullius had also dealt with this armor and developed an acceptable Futa version of it as an add-on

(which took me a total of 3 days to get it working)

https://arca.live/b/tullius/6460382

https://arca.live/b/tullius/8579958

In my opinion, the whole thing could be implemented but not without cooperation with someone from the group of Futa Mod authors (here on LL)

If I had known that, it would have saved me a LOT of time!

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Asrienda said:

I didn't fully implement it unfortunately, just the tags. Sorry!

Cool... although I'm a bit confused. There's a separate .esp for DD compatibility... are you saying this optional .esp doesn't actually do anything, or is it just for DD animations, or...

I don't know anything about adding DD compatibility to something. Is it just a form that I can edit or add in xEdit?

EDIT: I don't seem to have any mesh in Bodyslide for the gag?

Edited by MysticDaedra

It does effects like gagging, plugs, etc. Applying the dd lock effect is complicated, which is why I didn't do it lol. 

The head wear doesn't have bodyslide files iirc, I didn't think they needed one.

Edited by Asrienda
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The idea, the mod and the realization with all the zaps is very nice (I love the configurable zaps), except that problem with the dark effect of the metal behind the back (very small flaw). It would be nice to be able to use SRWO's Ancient Dwemer Metal textures.
Question: I can't figure out what enchantments the armor has, it doesn't mention any buffs or debuffs when I wear it, the DD support works fine and dwarven crafting too.
It would be great if you could get scripts like:
- armor locked like some DCL items (slut collar etc) by time or number of sex acts needed to unlock
- during armor block trigger dwemer estrus animations or masturbation furniture animations for example without waiting for SL Aroused to trigger.

Thank you so much for making Skyrim even more wicked.

Out of curiosity, I had a look at the lighting bug issues on the arms/feet (see spoiler 1 for example).

Spoiler

DwarvenCuirass_NormalBug.jpg.5557ce4c4672fde36915829abee82a80.jpg

I haven't solved it, but I think I know what the problem is. Here's what I learned:

1. The player body uses an object space normal map. This means that for every vertex the normal map specifies the absolute direction of the normal. This is different from other parts of the mesh, which use tangent space normal maps, where the normal map specifies an offset in the normal.
  2. Because the player body uses an object space normal map and the arms are now in a different position that the normal player body mesh, the normal map for the moved parts (arms and legs) should have the corresponding rotation. This is why the mod includes two normal maps under textures/devious/dwarven: one for the body, one for the hands.
    Spoiler

DwarvenCuirass_OrdinaryBodyNormalExample.jpg.5ed5dd03b595a0cdcec8dddf4e0ff033.jpg

^ default player body normal map                                                                             

DwarvenCuirass_NormalExample.jpg.e461f9739371c1402df13b553cd1d109.jpg

^ player body normal map with rotated arms/legs from this mod

This should work, but...
  3. The provided normal maps aren't quite right. I don't know what method was used to generate these, but I think the result is about 20-45 degrees off from the appropriate orientation. Visualizing the normal map in Nifskope, you can see the colors don't match parts of the mesh that should be facing the same direction.
    Spoiler

DwarvenCuirass_NormalNifskopeExample.jpg.414f702843b28f9bb78c58e65e7f706e.jpg

Possibly the arms were moved after the normal maps were made, or the normal map was made for a slightly different body. Either way the solution would be to take the body part of the mesh and recalculate (bake) its normal map. I don't know how to do this for Skyrim meshes, but I know it's a standard thing you can do in Blender.

Edited by Frayed
  • 5 weeks later...

There wasn't an update, I was just adding the MIT license to everything I've uploaded. For my portions of all my mods, anyone can do anything they want with them, just don't hold me responsible if anything randomly goes wrong. Credit is appreciated but not required.

I love this! Thank you so much, I always really liked the Dwarven Devious Cuirass but it was largely forgotten about, nice to see it revived. Would you ever consider adding a version that has the arms horizontal rather than vertical? Loving the new zaps too, thanks again, it's also especially awesome to be able to use this without DD

Only issue I'm running into is the purple skirt is causing my game to CTD, I can see it equipped but the moment gameplay resumes I crash. I imagine this is due to me running 1.5.97, a shame but not the end of the world I suppose

Edited by SJX52020
On 1/9/2023 at 8:58 PM, Asrienda said:

Thanks for investigating! Any idea how to fix this issue? Can we set it to tangent space?

Changing it to tangent space would require making a different normal map. I recall testing to see whether I could use a tangent space normal map that's just flat, so that it would effectively just use the mesh's normals, but that just made the body invisible in-game. The armor mesh actually uses a (vanilla) tangent space map IIRC, so maybe it's possible.

I actually tried loading the thing up in Blender and re-baking the normal map. Finally succeeded after two bloody hours of looking at tutorials, only to end up with the same normal map as in the mod, only lower resolution. It had the same issues. I did discover something afterwards, though: the BaseShape in the Bodyslide meshes is pointing to

textures\actors\character\female\femalebody_1_msn.dds

Spoiler

Wrong.jpg.4c546ad849b44ac7b3f1c1133eee8eab.jpg

which is the default normal map that has the arms in the default position. It should point to

textures\devious\dwarven\femalebody_1_msn.dds

Spoiler

Right.jpg.4091788b6b99c2088c6c0daf3bdca34e.jpg

which has the moved arms normals. This gives an improvement in-game, but it still doesn't look great. I suspect the fact that the upper arm and forearm are clipping into each other isn't helping. In principle you could probably sculpt the arms in Bodyslide Studio and eliminate the clipping that way.

Another issue I discovered is that the arms are deformed by the bodyslide Back muscle slider in a particularly ugly way. I don't really know how those sliders work, but I don't think arms == back ?

Anyway, please don't take this as complaining: I've always liked this mod's concept and you've done great work with it. I just get mildly obsessed with solving technical problems sometimes ?

5 hours ago, Frayed said:

This gives an improvement in-game, but it still doesn't look great. I suspect the fact that the upper arm and forearm are clipping into each other isn't helping.

It's entirely possible that I did something wrong. But I couldn't get the shadows on the arm/feet show correctly in-game this way. Only in nifskope/bodyslide somehow.
After comparing it with https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/9019-dwarven-devious-cuirass-sse/, it looks like the issue is that the body normals aren't added as texture sets?  
Here's a simple patch that works for me. But I didn't bother looking into the Khajiit/Argonion/Manakin version. (Do whatever you want with it, if it's helpful)

Screenshot:

Spoiler

enb2023_2_12_22_42_44.png.77b547a3601c9c557dd0e49321e15f72.png

Just a headsup, if you're using overlays/tattoos, they won't show on the arms and legs:

image.png.e3a2b5eed563ca7603bbf29dde9d25c3.png

Thanks for the mod, all the different zap options are nice ?

DwarvenDeviousCuirass - Body normal patch.esp

Edited by MaiNeym
51 minutes ago, MaiNeym said:

It's entirely possible that I did something wrong. But I couldn't get the shadows on the arm/feet show correctly in-game this way. Only in nifskope/bodyslide somehow.

They didn't look right for me in-game either, just slightly less wrong (I think...). Your patch does seem to fix it, though! Still strange that it doesn't work if you fix the paths on the meshes... we're probably overlooking something there still.

On 2/12/2023 at 1:58 PM, MaiNeym said:

After comparing it with https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/9019-dwarven-devious-cuirass-sse/, it looks like the issue is that the body normals aren't added as texture sets?  
Here's a simple patch that works for me. But I didn't bother looking into the Khajiit/Argonion/Manakin version. (Do whatever you want with it, if it's helpful)

Screenshot:

Thanks for the mod, all the different zap options are nice ?

DwarvenDeviousCuirass - Body normal patch.esp 2.27 kB · 1 download

Yeah it's unfortunately an issue where I tried to retrofit the base 3ba body into the modified arms/legs rather than completely remodeling it to help with future modding in this direction, like if a new body was released. So behind the scenes, the arms/legs are actually fake!