Dwarven Devious Cuirass - 3BA SE/AE

4 hours ago, myhouseatl said:

Did that happen?

Added in newest update, also added a skirt and collar.

The skirt has some issues - it sometimes randomly vanishes if your camera gets too close or near some light sources? I'm not exactly sure wtf is going on. Also I'd like to add physics to it but that's a little beyond me.

2 hours ago, z3r0 said:

Much appreciated that someone has taken up this mod and developing it further.

On a side note:

Anyone willing to do a BHUNP conversion for this?

What's the advantage of bhunp over 3ba?

16 hours ago, Asrienda said:

What's the advantage of bhunp over 3ba?

Nowadays? Well there is not really one thing you could point out.

Its more like a flavor thing. 

Back in the day CBBE got blow out of the water by UUNP.

And then based on UUNP, BHUNP was developed.

But it seems CBBE equalized the score with 3BA.

Its more a compatibility issue than an advantage one.

As the CBBE family bodies are incompatible with the UNP family bodies.

Yeah I used UUNP in LE, but when I came back after a few years I went with 3BA in SE/AE because it seemed more popular and otherwise had parity in features.

But if there's a really good argument on why BHUNP is better, I'd consider making a version.

Still on the to do list:

Add DD scripts

See if I can fix the skirt

Add ground objects for collar and cuirass (plugs and skirt have them)

Edited by Asrienda

Thank you so much for converting this to SE 3BA. Ive been waiting years for it to happen. That being said, it seems when I equip the cuirass (using the no masters ESP and the all physics version of the cuirass) all of my body paints and slavetats disappear. any idea as to the cause?

3 hours ago, Asrienda said:

Can confirm the bug with slavetats but I'm unsure how to fix it.

I should add that it also causes overlays from race menu to disappear as well. Basically everything my character had painted on her disappeared. This is pretty much the only thing left with this mod that could be improved in my eyes. Everything else looked great. Though if you are considering looking into upscaling the textures that would be awesome.

I currently have a smp skirt replacement for the other one and a couple small things done and ready for the next release. I'd really like to find a way to fix the slavetats/racemenu bug.

A lot of other threads come up with the same issue when you look for "racemenu overlay disappearing when wearing armor" rather than slave tats.

Edit: I finally found a fix... from a 4 year old reddit post.

20220803221402_1.jpg

Bigger textures will come later as a separate file. I just need to figure out alpha channels and they should be good.

Edited by Asrienda

in the reddit thread. it says the op "unchecked the original body." Is that what you did? if so, what does that mean exactly, like go into outfit studio and delete the 3BA reference body or something else?

edit:

oh dang, you updated the mod so fast i didnt realize it was version 1.5 with the fixes.

Thank you for your work on this. Made my game much more spicy :D

Edited by ahsdg

It has to do with ordering of the meshes in the nif and how this specific mod is done.

There are many mods out there where ordering doesn't really matter it seems; TAWOBA bikini tops also include a body replacer as the tops are slot 32, but it has no problems with racemenu overlays. The way I, and many others in the past, have converted this mod to a new body is by cutting off the arms and legs (as they're non-standard) and trying to splice in a new body. But there are two bodies in the nif, one containing arms and legs, and the other being 3BA. Previously, the arms/legs body was the first mesh (nitrishape) in the .nif, with 3BA after that, then the rest of the armor pieces. Hoisting 3BA to the top fixed it, as racemenu looks for the first mesh in the nif to apply overlays to.

As an aside, the legs are clean - both bodies are zapped (you can't see it as an option in body slide, but it otherwise works like normal zaps) to allow a 3BA thigh but custom calf. There's no modification of meshes there. But in order to try avoid some ugly looking holes in the armpit area, I had to do a dirty actual mesh modification of the 3ba body. If I had to do it again, I'd probably just modify the 3ba body straight up to fit into the cuirass rather than piecing it together. This is also one of the reasons I made the side armor, to sort of hide that area.

I don't know what happend but for some reason the only item that appears on my character after I installed the mod where the plugs, the gags and the main body, nothing else. Even worse after I tried to look if there was some issue in the Bodyslide and finally realized what the Zap Sliders where and subsequently tried to play around with them the curaiss also went invisible taking my characters body with it. And now nothing I have tried has got it working again, not even reinstalling the mod.

I wish I could find a mod that looked for any/all instances of dwarven metal and recolored it to a more silver/grey/brushed metal. Anything but bronze or gold. Only things I've found in all these years doesn't seem to touch all relevant textures and most of them just made them look like a darker tinted bronze, but still bronze. I've tried a few times to just get over my dislike of the coloring, but don't seem to be able to. Maybe one day.

1 hour ago, Dumuzi said:

I wish I could find a mod that looked for any/all instances of dwarven metal and recolored it to a more silver/grey/brushed metal. Anything but bronze or gold. Only things I've found in all these years doesn't seem to touch all relevant textures and most of them just made them look like a darker tinted bronze, but still bronze. I've tried a few times to just get over my dislike of the coloring, but don't seem to be able to. Maybe one day.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/373?tab=files

3 hours ago, Asrienda said:

Thank you for the link. Though most of what I see still just looks like dirty bronze to me. Except maybe for the "option beta/new version". Alas it seems to be only for LE as I can't find an equivalent mod on the SE nexus. 

Edit: I also get that if it's just textures, that it should not matter between LE/SE. I've had mixed results in that regard. But apprieciated regardless.

Edited by Dumuzi
11 hours ago, Asrienda said:

Did you build everything with body slide?

There arent default builds included except the headwear and plugs.

I did but I think that didn't help as Bodyslide for some reason couldn't find my preset when I tried building the Items. 

image.png.11df11ff3c76dc1447e16943662c5439.png