Crash on traveling

So, in need of a bit of help here. My game keeps crashing when my sim travels between lots. At first I was afraid it was due to the size of my savefile, so I tried it in a fresh game. Problem persists, which is a good thing, because that means my save which I've played 2000 hours in isn't the issue, which was my initial fear. Now I just need to figure out which of my 8000 mods, or combination of mods, cause it. It's annoying to test as well, because I have to open up a game, travel to another lot, spend some time there, and then go home to test it, so the 50/50 method would be very time-consuming, which is why I am hoping someone can help me out.

I've tried the usual, going through my mods and look for updates wherever I can, deleted localthumbnailscache and repairing the game.

So what I have is this:

It's not a traditional CTD. I get the error-code "109:83d903d1:291239fa". If I save and reload I am unable to start up any household in the save, same error code. I have to go back to an earlier save.

Google gave me nothing on that, atleast not that specific code.

It seems to happen every time a sim transitions between lots, but not if I never unpause the game in the new lot and return at once. So it seems the sim have to spend a bit of time at the other lot for the problem to appear. Other than that I can't find any commonalities. I has happened both when visiting public lots and sim homes.

I don't get a crash-report or anything, but I have this lastcleanexeption log:

Spoiler

Game Version: 1.89.214.1030 | OS: Windows 10.0.19044 | Created at: 2022-06-22 20:29:33.901800
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 117, in wrapped
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in finally_wrap
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 365, in c_api_client_connect
  File "E:\\Python3_7_0\\version_vault\\LL\LL_3_3ca\NisaK\utilities\nisa_injector.py", line 12, in _wrapped_function
  File "E:\\Python3_7_0\\version_vault\\LL\LL_3_3ca\NisaK\wickedpervs\interactions.py", line 670, in _nisa_watchmen
  File "E:\\Python3_7_0\\version_vault\\LL\LL_3_3ca\NisaK\utilities\nisa_injector.py", line 12, in _wrapped_function
  File "E:\\Python3_7_0\\version_vault\\LL\LL_3_3ca\NisaK\utilities\trackers\loading.py", line 56, in nisa_game_loaded
  File "E:\\Python3_7_0\\version_vault\\LL\LL_3_3ca\NisaK\utilities\hazard_detector.py", line 183, in _nisa_watchmen
  File ".\EllaNoir\EllaNoir_RewardStore.py\EllaNoir_RewardStore.py", line 31, in _wrapped_function
  File ".\EllaNoir\EllaNoir_RewardStore.py\EllaNoir_RewardStore.py", line 52, in _dumb_ella_add_reward_traits_on_late_zone_load
  File ".\BasementalGangs_6.18.56-PUBLIC\BasementalGangs\utilities\injector.py\injector.py", line 18, in _wrapped_function
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\6.18.56\errorlogging.py", line 47, in bmg_error_waiting
  File ".\BasementalDrugs_7.15.154-PUBLIC\Basemental\utilities\injector.py\injector.py", line 21, in _wrapped_function
  File ".\BasementalDrugs_7.15.154-PUBLIC\Basemental\utilities\changing_world\price_handler.py\price_handler.py", line 72, in bmd_update_drug_prices
  File ".\BasementalDrugs_7.15.154-PUBLIC\Basemental\utilities\injector.py\injector.py", line 21, in _wrapped_function
  File ".\BasementalDrugs_7.15.154-PUBLIC\Basemental\utilities\logging\errorlogging.py\errorlogging.py", line 72, in bmd_error_waiting
  File ".\BasementalDrugs_7.15.154-PUBLIC\Basemental\utilities\logging\version_handling.py\version_handling.py", line 117, in create_version_log
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v170e\injector.py", line 26, in _wrapped_function
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v170e\zone_spin.py", line 100, in _turbolib_on_late_zone_load
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 577, in do_zone_spin_up
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1579, in update
  File "E:\Builds\MCCC_2022_3_2\mc_cmd_center\mc_utils.py", line 196, in _wrapper_function
  File "E:\Builds\MCCC_2022_3_2\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 902, in inject_logger_exception
Cause: Exception raised while processing zone spin up sequence: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor

and this lastexeption:

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>e0578a9f783688a062b35d3b</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2022-06-22 20:29:33</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.89.214.1030-1.200.000.564.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>resolver.py:377</categoryid><desyncid>e0578a9f783688a062b35d3b</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while processing zone spin up sequence: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor (ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 137, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 135, in get_weight&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 162, in get_multiplier&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 152, in get_multiplier_and_tooltip&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 514, in run_tests&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 124, in __call__&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 377, in get_participants&#13;&#10;ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actorrtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
</root>

If I atleast could get some help narrowing down likely offenders I would be very happy.

46 minutes ago, Kashked said:

File ".\EllaNoir\EllaNoir_RewardStore.py\EllaNoir_RewardStore.py", line 31, in _wrapped_function
  File ".\EllaNoir\EllaNoir_RewardStore.py\EllaNoir_RewardStore.py", line 52, in _dumb_ella_add_reward_traits_on_late_zone_load

I'm curious what these are...

Is EllaNoir a Sims Name or a Mod?

What is trying to 'add_reward_traits_on_late_zone_load' ?

Just now, Scorpio said:

It's ElleNoir's Flirty fetishes, a mod that adds traits and interactions. I have no idea what the code is trying to do in that particular instance, but "zone_load" sounds suspicious when the issue is loading into new zones, you might be right about that. It might be worth trying to downgrade the mod to an earlier version... The version I am currently using is a test-version from the patreon, and this problem have appeared since I switched from the regular version.

23 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Dang, eagle eyes on you. Thanks a lot. First test was a success! Seems the patreon test-version of ElleNoir's was the culprit.

I also got me thinking... I have played for a fair bit since updating to that version. I had this issue ONCE during all those hours. But that was playing with the new Werewolf pack, and the one time I actually left the werewolf world was the time I had the issue. I traveled between lots, but the issue only appears when loading into a different neightborhood or world I realise now, thinking back. And the reason I didn't get it straight away was that the werewolf world is one single big neighborhood.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Kashked

Well... fuck.

Spoke too soon. Issue is still there. 

New lastcleanexception

Spoiler

Game Version: 1.89.214.1030 | OS: Windows 10.0.19044 | Created at: 2022-06-22 23:01:44.379858
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 117, in wrapped
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in finally_wrap
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 365, in c_api_client_connect
  File "E:\\Python3_7_0\\version_vault\\LL\LL_3_3ca\NisaK\wickedpervs\interactions.py", line 670, in _nisa_watchmen
  File "E:\\Python3_7_0\\version_vault\\LL\LL_3_3ca\NisaK\utilities\trackers\loading.py", line 56, in nisa_game_loaded
  File "E:\\Python3_7_0\\version_vault\\LL\LL_3_3ca\NisaK\utilities\hazard_detector.py", line 183, in _nisa_watchmen
  File ".\BasementalGangs_6.18.56-PUBLIC\BasementalGangs\utilities\injector.py\injector.py", line 18, in _wrapped_function
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\6.18.56\errorlogging.py", line 47, in bmg_error_waiting
  File ".\BasementalDrugs_7.15.154-PUBLIC\Basemental\utilities\changing_world\price_handler.py\price_handler.py", line 72, in bmd_update_drug_prices
  File ".\BasementalDrugs_7.15.154-PUBLIC\Basemental\utilities\logging\errorlogging.py\errorlogging.py", line 72, in bmd_error_waiting
  File ".\BasementalDrugs_7.15.154-PUBLIC\Basemental\utilities\logging\version_handling.py\version_handling.py", line 117, in create_version_log
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v170e\injector.py", line 26, in _wrapped_function
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v170e\zone_spin.py", line 100, in _turbolib_on_late_zone_load
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 577, in do_zone_spin_up
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1579, in update
  File "E:\Builds\MCCC_2022_3_2\mc_cmd_center\mc_utils.py", line 196, in _wrapper_function
  File "E:\Builds\MCCC_2022_3_2\mc_cmd_center\mc_injections.py", line 902, in inject_logger_exception
Cause: Exception raised while processing zone spin up sequence: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor

This line stands out to me, since it's also "on_late_zone_load": File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v170e\zone_spin.py", line 100, in _turbolib_on_late_zone_load

But other than that I've got no ideas... It did work in my first test, but maybe the sim spent too short of a time in the other lot at that occasion or something, hard to say without knowing the actual reason.

Edit: also, new latsexception.

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>8406fda004196d9e62b37229</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2022-06-22 22:10:41</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.89.214.1030-1.200.000.564.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>resolver.py:124</categoryid><desyncid>8406fda004196d9e62b37229</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 216, in simulate&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\venues\scheduling_zone_director.py", line 305, in _shift_change_alarm_callback&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 372, in get_situation_and_params&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 147, in get_situation_and_params&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 137, in get_weighted_situations&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 137, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 135, in get_weight&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 162, in get_multiplier&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 152, in get_multiplier_and_tooltip&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 514, in run_tests&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 124, in __call__&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 377, in get_participantsValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actorrtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>8406fda004196d9e62b37229</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2022-06-22 22:10:44</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.89.214.1030-1.200.000.564.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>resolver.py:124</categoryid><desyncid>8406fda004196d9e62b37229</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 216, in simulate&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 293, in _run&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\venues\scheduling_zone_director.py", line 365, in _shift_churn_alarm_callback&#13;&#10;  File "C:\Python37\No_Empty_Venues_When_Arriving.py", line 40, in _handle_situation_shift_churn&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 372, in get_situation_and_params&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 147, in get_situation_and_params&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 137, in get_weighted_situations&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 137, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 135, in get_weight&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 162, in get_multiplier&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 152, in get_multiplier_and_tooltip&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 514, in run_tests&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 124, in __call__&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 377, in get_participantsValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actorrtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>8406fda004196d9e62b37229</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2022-06-22 23:01:44</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.89.214.1030-1.200.000.564.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>resolver.py:377</categoryid><desyncid>8406fda004196d9e62b37229</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while processing zone spin up sequence: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor (ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 137, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_curve.py", line 135, in get_weight&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 162, in get_multiplier&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 152, in get_multiplier_and_tooltip&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 514, in run_tests&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 124, in __call__&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 377, in get_participants&#13;&#10;ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actorrtim=0&#13;&#10;ClientInfo isn't here</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Edited by Kashked
16 minutes ago, Kashked said:

"T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\venues\scheduling_zone_director.py", line 305, in _shift_change_alarm_callback&#13;&#10;

Something related to a shift change at a venue?

Any Custom Careers or Shift Change Mods?

"C:\Python37\No_Empty_Venues_When_Arriving.py", line 40, in _handle_situation_shift_churn&#13;&#10; 

Another strange one.

I'd upload your mc_lastexception.html if you have it because it has more details included.

Edited by Scorpio
5 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Something related to a shift change at a venue?

Any Custom Careers or Shift Change Mods?

I'd upload your mc_lastexception.html if you have it because it has more details included.

Well, the places where I have noticed the issue is the realm of magic, a gym, and the fashion district in San Myoshino just as a festival ended. I don't know how the game works, but I guess in all of those places sims come and leave, so there must be some kind of "shifts".

I do have custom careers, but nothing that would link all three. The only thing I have that would stand out to me as possibly relevant is no empty venues when arriving and improved autonomy during loading screens, but the problem occurs when leaving, not when arriving.

mc_lastexception.html

3 minutes ago, BatDood said:

That's a mod by Weerbesu. hasn't been updated in a long time.

It's worth a try, I'll try removing it and giving it a go. Lets just hope I don't get another false positive. If it is related to leaving at the sime time as some hidden background processes is going on in the game it will be hell testing it blindly to find the root cause.

7 minutes ago, Kashked said:

Well, the places where I have noticed the issue is the realm of magic, a gym, and the fashion district in San Myoshino just as a festival ended. I don't know how the game works, but I guess in all of those places sims come and leave, so there must be some kind of "shifts".

I do have custom careers, but nothing that would link all three. The only thing I have that would stand out to me as possibly relevant is no empty venues when arriving and improved autonomy during loading screens, but the problem occurs when leaving, not when arriving.

mc_lastexception.html 1.63 MB · 0 downloads

Well you've got 49 duplicate files including...

Adult_Traits.packageApr 29 2022

Adult_Traits.packageMay 18 2020** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\TraitsAspirations\

frankk_LanguageBarriers_CombinedTuning.packageOct 02 2021

frankk_LanguageBarriers_CombinedTuning.packageJun 18 2022** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\LanguageBarriers\

maeemmadomsub.packageMar 10 2020

maeemmadomsub.packageMar 22 2020** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\TraitsAspirations\

More_CAS_Columns_(5_Columns).packageMar 17 2022

More_CAS_Columns_(5_Columns).packageJun 17 2022** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\UI Cheats\

Scarlet_SociallyAnxiousTrait.packageAug 26 2021

Scarlet_SociallyAnxiousTrait.packageJul 13 2021** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\TraitsAspirations\

Scarlet_Trait_PhotographersEye.packageAug 26 2021

Scarlet_Trait_PhotographersEye.packageJul 13 2021** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\TraitsAspirations\

sims3melancgolic_cleavage mask.packageMar 25 2021

sims3melancgolic_cleavage mask.packageDec 03 2020** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\Hacks\

sims4me_braceletsandteethchangeforchildandteen.packageAug 03 2021

sims4me_braceletsandteethchangeforchildandteen.packageNov 17 2019** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\Misc\

sims4me_pimplesmod.packageAug 04 2021

sims4me_pimplesmod.packageNov 17 2019** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\Misc\

SkyrimLL_BimboAspiration.packageApr 29 2022

SkyrimLL_BimboAspiration.packageMay 30 2020** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\TraitsAspirations\

SxL_TSS_Merged.packageJul 05 2018

SxL_TSS_Merged.packageJul 05 2018** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\Misc\ (I'd get rid of both of these merged files as you don't know what's in them)

TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Extra_Skin_Tones.packageApr 29 2022

TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Extra_Skin_Tones.packageDec 10 2020** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\CAS\

TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Overrides_Skin_Tones.packageOct 17 2017 (Too old delete this)

vmars casmodifier aging.packageMar 29 2021

vmars casmodifier aging.packageMar 29 2021** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\CAS\

Scarlet_SociallyAnxiousTrait.ts4scriptAug 26 2021

Scarlet_SociallyAnxiousTrait.ts4scriptJul 13 2021** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\TraitsAspirations\

Scarlet_Trait_PhotographersEye.ts4scriptAug 26 2021

Scarlet_Trait_PhotographersEye.ts4scriptJul 13 2021** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\TraitsAspirations\

SimRealist_-_SimNationalBank_2.1.5.2.ts4scriptAug 26 2021

SimRealist_-_SimNationalBank_2.1.6.2.ts4scriptMar 18 2022 (2 different versions are still duplicates)

These are just the worst ones but there's more.

Look for your WickedWhimsInfoLog.log and scroll down past mods/cc to find the 'Possible Duplicates' entry and it lists all of them.

WW Extras and Noir's are the other duplicates.

10 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Well you've got 49 duplicate files including...

Well, I have now, to my shame, revealed the mess that is my mods-folder. ?

I'll do a bit of duplicate-hunting and see if that resolves it...

Thanks for all the pointers guys.

So yeah, that bit of cleaning of my mods was probably positive in general, but didn't solve the main issue.

I all seems to come back to this, this is from a newly started game rather than my main save:

• Last Module Called: resolver.py
  • Last Function Called: get_participants
  • Error message: Exception raised while processing zone spin up sequence: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor (ValueError: Trying to use GlobalResolver with type that is not supported by GlobalResolver: ParticipantType.Actor), CategoryID: resolver:377

mc_lastexception.html

Edit: For the record I did try disabling mods and it worked, so it's definatly one of my mods that is the cause, it's not a simple EA bug. I just might have to go 50/50-method. Or I'll just shoot myself. Or never play the sims again. Either 3 options are equally valid. 

Edited by Kashked

[Noir and Dark Sims 4] Pornstar Cock - Big Thick Hard - AM.packageApr 29 2022

[Noir and Dark Sims 4] Pornstar Cock - Big Thick Hard - AM.packageDec 10 2020** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\[Noir and Dark Sims 4] Pornstar Cock V4.0 - 2019-04-17\Penis Thick Big\

[Noir and Dark Sims 4] Pornstar Cock - Big Thick Soft - AM.packageApr 29 2022

[Noir and Dark Sims 4] Pornstar Cock - Big Thick Soft - AM.packageDec 10 2020** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\[Noir and Dark Sims 4] Pornstar Cock V4.0 - 2019-04-17\Penis Thick Big\

[Noir and Dark Sims 4] Pornstar Cock - Penis Skin Tattoos for Males.packageApr 29 2022

[Noir and Dark Sims 4] Pornstar Cock - Penis Skin Tattoos for Males.packageDec 10 2020** Duplicate Mod **\Mods\[Noir and Dark Sims 4] Pornstar Cock V4.0 - 2019-04-17\Penis Skin Tattoo\

[Kuttoe] SHUSHU__Keep_Sims_at_Home_Regions.ts4scriptApr 11 2022

[Kuttoe] SHUSHU__Keep_Sims_in_Home_Region.ts4scriptJun 18 2022

:) Sorry.

I'd start with removing script mods first because you only have 120 of them, lol.

Only keep Script Mods from 2022 and remove the rest for now and test again.

4 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

[Kuttoe] SHUSHU__Keep_Sims_at_Home_Regions.ts4scriptApr 11 2022

[Kuttoe] SHUSHU__Keep_Sims_in_Home_Region.ts4scriptJun 18 2022

Seeing that I had missed that one actually filled me with hope, as it's connected to traveling (and as a sidenote there should be a law against renaming your mods like that, even though I know it's best practice to delete the old file when updating rather than just pasting over)... Alas, hope squashed again. 

18 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

[I'd start with removing script mods first because you only have 120 of them, lol.

Only keep Script Mods from 2022 and remove the rest for now and test again.

True. Most of those 8800 files are random CC which are very unlikely causes of a bug like this. Still might just go shoot myself though. ?

24 minutes ago, Kashked said:

True. Most of those 8800 files are random CC which are very unlikely causes of a bug like this. Still might just go shoot myself though. ?

With that many Script Mods the odds of breakage increase dramatically with game patches and the last one was a doozy.

This is where Mod folder organization speeds up troubleshooting errors.

As an example since you have so many LittleMsSam Mods...

Make a New folder in Mods named... LittleMsSam and move all her Mods into one folder.

(Keep in mind quite often script Mods will also have package(tuning) files included, and maybe a few others too and it's always best to keep them all together in the same folder)

You can do this with any Script Mods either by Author, if you have many, or the Mods Name, preferred method.

I also do this with all my CC by Category folders like CC Makeup, CC Clothing, etc.

Now it's easier to just remove folders for testing to narrow things down a bit more.

Plus you can look inside a folder and examine the files for old dates, odd names, different versions, etc.

Yup it takes time but lessens the headaches later on when trouble strikes.

The more Mods and CC you have the more important this becomes but it should be a standard procedure for everyone IMO.

Edited by Scorpio
14 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

With that many Script Mods the odds of breakage increase dramatically with game patches and the last one was a doozy.

This is where Mod folder organization speeds up troubleshooting errors.

As an example since you have so many LittleMsSam Mods...

Make a New folder in Mods named... LittleMsSam and move all her Mods into one folder.

(Keep in mind quite often script Mods will also have package(tuning) files included, and maybe a few others too and it's always best to keep them all together in the same folder)

You can do this with any Script Mods either by Author, if you have many, or the Mods Name, preferred method.

I also do this with all my CC by Category folders like CC Makeup, CC Clothing, etc.

Now it's easier to just remove folders for testing to narrow things down a bit more.

Plus you can look inside a folder and examine the files for old dates, odd names, different versions, etc.

Yup it takes time but lessens the headaches later on when trouble strikes.

The more Mods and CC you have the more important this becomes but it should be a standard procedure for everyone IMO.

Yeah, I already have most of  that system. Having gone through all the duplicates now 90% were likely caused by downloading sims where the author didn't specify that a trait, aspiration, or other game-altering mod was part of the sim, and a few cases where objects I had in my WWExtras-folder ended up duplicated in my Buildobjects folder from downloading lots with WW-related items. 10% was just me screwing up and "finding" the same mod twice and putting it in different categories or otherwise screwing up.

For CC I just have one huge folder, no script mods or gameplay mods are supposted to go into, and another seperate one for build objects. The rest are either in categories (like Traitsandaspirations) or by author. So it actually wont be as bad as I might make it sound.

Although I get most CC from downloading sims rather than going to the source, so that is the reason I just keep it in one folder, because it would be way to much of a headache figuring out which files would be in which category when I download from people with even less structure than myself. Just checked, and out of 8800 files 7700 resides in those two folders, with the rest being divided up in roughly 40 other folders. Now if it DOES turn out that something in my CAS- or Buildbuy-folder is the cause, then I'm boned. I'll never find it in there.

3 minutes ago, Kashked said:

Now if it DOES turn out that something in my CAS- or Buildbuy-folder is the cause, then I'm boned. I'll never find it in there.

You might be surprised how many files have a description of what they're for and any that don't you leave alone for now.

Since most CC can be 2-3 folders deep you can make new folders inside your large folder to just move the files that are most obvious into their own folders.

Still not an easy job with that much cc to sort.

Hairs are one of the most obvious and Shoes are usually easy too because you kinda know the most common authors names pretty well by now.

hi, kashked, sorry if this is a dumb question but i've been having your same issue - have you tried taking your sims, saving them to the gallery, and starting a new save file entirely? this EXACT error in particular has been wreaking havoc on my attempts to enjoy moonwood mill since i updated the game and installed werewolves! i have moved my sims into a clean save in brindleton bay and gameplay has been smooth so far, but i'm just annoyed that i can't enjoy/play in the aesthetic of a werewolf-centric world with a werewolf.

my mods folder had (and still has likely) a bunch of duplicates and ive updated, removed, 50/50'd anything i could think of, repaired the game, etc. nothing unless i just stay out of moonwood mill so far. i'll post my BE/clean exception if the error reoccurs in a fresh save in a different world.

7 hours ago, p-ixx said:

hi, kashked, sorry if this is a dumb question but i've been having your same issue - have you tried taking your sims, saving them to the gallery, and starting a new save file entirely? this EXACT error in particular has been wreaking havoc on my attempts to enjoy moonwood mill since i updated the game and installed werewolves! i have moved my sims into a clean save in brindleton bay and gameplay has been smooth so far, but i'm just annoyed that i can't enjoy/play in the aesthetic of a werewolf-centric world with a werewolf.

my mods folder had (and still has likely) a bunch of duplicates and ive updated, removed, 50/50'd anything i could think of, repaired the game, etc. nothing unless i just stay out of moonwood mill so far. i'll post my BE/clean exception if the error reoccurs in a fresh save in a different world.

No, the day I have to start a new save file I'm quitting the game. But I have tested starting a new save just to test it, and it's same story, even if I test it in another world. It actually was managable while in Moonwood Mill, since everything is just one big neighborhood there I didn't actually notice the problem until I moved on back to playing sims outside of there.

Well, fuck me, fuck modding, fuck computers, and fuck the world in general. Wasn't as bad as I feared, just over an hour of testing later, and I'm 90% sure I've found the issue. Would you fucking believe it wasn't even a script-mod?

I'm fuming right now. 

So it seems the problem was Bienchen's callandvisitstweak, a mod that, and I shit you not, only reduces how often you get stupid phonecalls from your stupid NPC friends. I must have missed updating it after the last patch. I have, and I shit you not, 599 mod-files from Bienchen. He/she is the master of fixing small stupid things in the game, and I literarly can't play without these mods, but it's hell keeping it updated post-patches, and it seems I missed one this time and it came back to bite me in the ass.

I hate everything right now. Except you guys who were trying to help of course. I hate you less than everything else. ❤️

I'm seriously considering going primal and live in the woods eating sticks and berries from now on. If this is a false positive... I don't know what I'll do. Join a monastic society, or the french foriegn legion I guess.

Fuck.

1 hour ago, Kashked said:

So it seems the problem was Bienchen's callandvisitstweak, a mod that, and I shit you not, only reduces how often you get stupid phonecalls from your stupid NPC friends.

Ah yes, it's still a tuning file that changes the way the game functions although it has nothing to do with zone loads or traveling, or so you would think.

Sometimes the stupidest unrelated things cause problems.

No idea if it's been updated yet but it's a pain trying to keep track and update so many Mods at patch time.

And it's likely because of the game update or the Werewolves Pack that broke it.

@BatDood uses it too but guess what, neither one of us has updated our games yet.

We were just recently bitching about the stupid calls EA has been adding.

Even with Neighborhood Stories disabled you still get those damn calls. 

7 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

No idea if it's been updated yet but it's a pain trying to keep track and update so many Mods at patch time.

It was updated. She's excellent at keeping up with all of her mods and there's so many of them that it must be a monumental task.

And...yes...those "Should We Try For A Baby" calls are a nightmare. They just don't stop.

Yeah, she even puts up a post where you can download everything that needed updating in one click, no shade on Bienchen, she may not do big flashy overhauls, but her work is, in my opinion, one of the most important in the sims modding community.

The hard part is remembering which ones you actually have when it's time to update. I have just under 600 of her files, and that isn't even close to everything. I must have missed that one. Updated, and it works fine so far. It just seems so unrelated to the issue I had, which is the frustrating part. I never in a million years would have guessed that file was the cause.