Relationship Impact

16 minutes ago, moonscarlet said:

I am wondering why there's no relationship impact whenever two sims are having sex? I have enabled the relationship impact in the settings but it still didnt have any effect. 

Anyone have the same problem? 

It doesn't change during sex. It's when sex ends when you'll see the relationship change.

If you're not seeing it, try deleting your localthumbcache.package file and restarting the game. Sometimes just restarting the game will be enough with stuck settings but deleting the cache never hurts.

Thank you for the info I deleted localthumbcache and now it seems to be working. However I would like to check, when two friends with no romance relationship had sex, is it normal that only the friendship is affected / increased ? As I was expecting that after having sex, the romance bar will increase or starts. I am wondering if thats normal or only mine has bugs. 

9 minutes ago, moonscarlet said:

Thank you for the info I deleted localthumbcache and now it seems to be working. However I would like to check, when two friends with no romance relationship had sex, is it normal that only the friendship is affected / increased ? As I was expecting that after having sex, the romance bar will increase or starts. I am wondering if thats normal or only mine has bugs. 

The friendship bar needs to hit a certain level before it will start romance I believe. 

This sounds like a bug of some sort, but in actual life there _are_ people like that. What may cause things like that is if sims are related. That can be overridden by mods to make related sims wohoo. I would check for the family tree to see if the two have accidentally been set to siblings or parent/offspring.

I have removed all mods except for WW and created two different sims that are totally unrelated  with each other and have romantic traits. Deleted caches and enable relationship impact on settings, disable open relationships. (then play around with this) But still the only bar that increased is friendship. Its kinda more fun to me if whenever a sexual relationship has occurred between two strangers or friends, a little points increased on the romantic bar. Just to jump start that romantic interest even a little bit would have been good.  Then from there to see if their personality will bring the relationship forward or make it stale. Makes a good story line , especially for cheating partners. 

1 hour ago, moonscarlet said:

I have removed all mods except for WW and created two different sims that are totally unrelated  with each other and have romantic traits. Deleted caches and enable relationship impact on settings, disable open relationships. (then play around with this) But still the only bar that increased is friendship. Its kinda more fun to me if whenever a sexual relationship has occurred between two strangers or friends, a little points increased on the romantic bar. Just to jump start that romantic interest even a little bit would have been good.  Then from there to see if their personality will bring the relationship forward or make it stale. Makes a good story line , especially for cheating partners. 

I have never come across anything like it (not that that means much). Could it be anything you have accidentally clicked up un the relationship-settings? WW has a TON of settings, and it can be a bit bewildering at times.

It might simply be a bug. There's a new version of WW out now, try the new version and see if the problem persists.

It's because sometimes you might not want Sims to develop romantic feelings for each other, so the romance bar isn't affected by them having an intercourse (if they haven't romanced before).

If you want them to develop romantic feelings for each other, there's already plenty of interactions with the base game, if you don't, then it doesn't happen against your will.

Edited by Husk
15 minutes ago, Husk said:

It's because sometimes you might not want Sims to develop romantic feelings for each other, so the romance bar isn't affected by them having an intercourse (if they haven't romanced before).

If you want them to develop romantic feelings for each other, there's already plenty of interactions with the base game, if you don't, then it doesn't happen against your will.

This is good to know. Was that changed in a WW patch? Adding unwanted romance was the reason I disabled the Relationship Impact setting.

If it doesn't add romance with non-romantic sims now, then I'll definitely re-enable it again.

Edited by BatDood
21 minutes ago, BatDood said:

This is good to know. Was that changed in a WW patch? Adding unwanted romance was the reason I disabled the Relationship Impact setting.

If it doesn't add romance with non-romantic sims now, then I'll definitely re-enable it again.

It's been that way for at least a year if I'm not mistaken.