Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 Yes so you will need an actual "FNIS Output" folder for your game with Devious Devices, We have to have the behavior files for proper DD play. So please be sure to set up FNIS properly also. It will end up looking something like this, You will have Bodyslide Output folder, FNIS Output Folder Can even set you up with a Nemesis output folder but man one step at a time.
gregdumble Posted June 18, 2022 Author Posted June 18, 2022 3 minutes ago, gregdumble said: Oh god what have I done how badly have I broken this
gregdumble Posted June 18, 2022 Author Posted June 18, 2022 2 minutes ago, Gameplayer said: Yes so you will need an actual "FNIS Output" folder for your game with Devious Devices, We have to have the behavior files for proper DD play. So please be sure to set up FNIS properly also. It will end up looking something like this, You will have Bodyslide Output folder, FNIS Output Folder Can even set you up with a Nemesis output folder but man one step at a time. Ok so for both bodyslide and fnis, when i generate the files, i need to click that red overwrite button and make an output folder for each?
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 1 minute ago, gregdumble said: how badly have I broken this Not real bad, I have seen way worse, your fix is pretty quick in comparison.
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 Just now, gregdumble said: Ok so for both bodyslide and fnis, when i generate the files, i need to click that red overwrite button and make an output folder for each? Yes that actually works too, and I did it that way for a long time. You can actually also set up your executables to export to a specific folder in MO2 through that edit feature so that you wont have to manage your red "overwrite" folder anymore when using FNIS and Bodyslide as well, but its ok that its taking you time to get familiar with it.
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 Also since you seem pretty new to this, I suppose I should ask you to tell me which version of the Skyrim you are on for certain. Because this will matter for performance purposes, Prefer that you are on SkyrimSE or SkyrimLE....SkyrimAE version is a crap fest right now and if you are on a non-legal version well non of the animations will work properly, Best solution is to get SkyrimSE off of Steam using this program here, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61756 This linked program will help you download the best version of Skyrim direct off of Steam, trust me it is well worth the effort. It will download the specific version of Skyrim from before the AE patch.
gregdumble Posted June 18, 2022 Author Posted June 18, 2022 2 minutes ago, Gameplayer said: Also since you seem pretty new to this, I suppose I should ask you to tell me which version of the Skyrim you are on for certain. Because this will matter for performance purposes, Prefer that you are on SkyrimSE or SkyrimLE....SkyrimAE version is a crap fest right now and if you are on a non-legal version well non of the animations will work properly, Best solution is to get SkyrimSE off of Steam using this program here, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61756 This linked program will help you download the best version of Skyrim direct off of Steam, trust me it is well worth the effort. It will download the specific version of Skyrim from before the AE patch. I have skyrim se, both output folders exist and are set up according to your directions. Unfortunately, skyrim crashes on startup. I dont know where to go from here. I am so sorry I am probably doing something super obviously wrong.
gregdumble Posted June 18, 2022 Author Posted June 18, 2022 6 minutes ago, gregdumble said: I have skyrim se, both output folders exist and are set up according to your directions. Unfortunately, skyrim crashes on startup. I dont know where to go from here. I am so sorry I am probably doing something super obviously wrong. I do notice that fores new idles has a lot of errors, and that devious devices is highlighted in red. is there a way I can narrow down what is wrong?
gregdumble Posted June 18, 2022 Author Posted June 18, 2022 2 minutes ago, gregdumble said: I do notice that fores new idles has a lot of errors, and that devious devices is highlighted in red. is there a way I can narrow down what is wrong?
Nupendum Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 1 minute ago, gregdumble said: See what I mean? trying to figure this stuff out just breakes your game. i warned you the software does not work dude.
Nupendum Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 9 minutes ago, Nupendum said: See what I mean? trying to figure this stuff out just breakes your game. i warned you the software does not work dude. I think you got trolled dude. you got baited into messing up your game even farther, and now that guy is just not gonna respond. now your game will not even launch. you really should have just beilived me.
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 32 minutes ago, gregdumble said: I have skyrim se, both output folders exist and are set up according to your directions. Unfortunately, skyrim crashes on startup. I dont know where to go from here. I am so sorry I am probably doing something super obviously wrong. Did you download the file from the link I sent you here in comments? Good you have 1.63? Good, Now I just need you to confirm that you downloaded this file here,https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61756 And you follow this video here, This will download the proper version of SkyrimSE. Once that is done, I would like to see which files are in your MO2 mod manager. Because you might need someone to help you set up the proper order of the files that are required to actually make sexlab work.
gregdumble Posted June 18, 2022 Author Posted June 18, 2022 6 minutes ago, Gameplayer said: Did you download the file from the link I sent you here in comments? Good you have 1.63? Good, Now I just need you to confirm that you downloaded this file here, And you follow this video here, This will download the proper version of SkyrimSE. Once that is done, I would like to see which files are in your MO2 mod manager. Because you might need someone to help you set up the proper order of the files that are required to actually make sexlab work. I am using the version of sse I downloaded from steam, is that not the standard version I am supposed to use? Also, By deselecting each mod one by one, I have found that devilishly cursed loot seem to crash the game on startup. from what I understand, devious devices does nothing in itself, and it needs loot to do anything in game. I have looked at its dependencies and I have them all, is there some trick to this particular mod or something?
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 YA unfortunately there has been no proper how to guide that at least lays out the current stuff you need to get SkyrimSE all working and set up with a Sexlab and some basic installations. I have been considering putting something together that would walk a person through how to get Bodyslide Sexlab, FNIS, Nemesis, SkySA Creature Sex Touched By Dibella with some basic armor That sort of set up guide gets pretty involved and well there is no such guide anywhere.
lisander68 Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 24 minutes ago, gregdumble said: if you have Skyrim SE, it is obvious that you have installed NON-compatible mods. In addition, before launching FNIS, also activate the Gender Specific Animation tick.
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 2 minutes ago, gregdumble said: I am using the version of sse I downloaded from steam, is that not the standard version I am supposed to use? Also, By deselecting each mod one by one, I have found that devilishly cursed loot seem to crash the game on startup. from what I understand, devious devices does nothing in itself, and it needs loot to do anything in game. I have looked at its dependencies and I have them all, is there some trick to this particular mod or something? Nope, the Downloaded version from STEAM is the SkyrimAE version comes standard right now. That changes everything about what you have to install, which is why people are being so upset about Skyrim not working because they dont know that you have to actually downgrade it, aka use a downloader program I linked above to aquire the best version of Skyrim for mods usage. Put your Output folders at very bottom, Alt Start just above the Output folders All Sexlab mods, please put a prefix called "Sexlab - name of mod" like so. Example case "Sexlab - ZAZ" Prefix will help you because in time your going to have over 300 mods installed in that mod manager.
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 Examples of how to use a Prefix system to help organize your mods load orders..... What it looks like, Preload prefix is basically any type of mod that is involved with SKSE functions that needs to be preloaded before any other mod kicks off. These go at the top of the left panel. All my Sexlab mods, have prefix "Sexlab" before the name of the mod, All my OVERHAULs, have "Overhaul" prefix I have over 100 outfits all prefixed with "ARMOR" which is basically rename the mod entry with "Armor - Name of Armor" This makes it much easier to keep track of what is actually installed on my game, and is for power user situations where you will go over into the hundreds of mods, which is quite likely on a serious modded game of Skyrim. I have not managed to prefix everything but about 80% of the mods I am using are prefixed by hand, Here is an important case of this, with Nemesis Mods, there are special installation instructions that have to be followed to get them working alongside FNIS files, The more complicated the load order the more important a simple step such as prefixing a mod becomes,
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 18 minutes ago, gregdumble said: I am using the version of sse I downloaded from steam, is that not the standard version I am supposed to use? Also, By deselecting each mod one by one, I have found that devilishly cursed loot seem to crash the game on startup. from what I understand, devious devices does nothing in itself, and it needs loot to do anything in game. I have looked at its dependencies and I have them all, is there some trick to this particular mod or something? I will have to review the required files for Deviously Cursed Loot installation, However the best approach right now, Get proper version of SkyrimSE downloaded installed and working first then we will get Sexlab Working and then follow up with DD.
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 Getting proper version of SkyrimSE will likely take about 20 minutes of your time, so I will go make a sandwich cause I am hungry.
gregdumble Posted June 18, 2022 Author Posted June 18, 2022 1 minute ago, Gameplayer said: I will have to review the required files for Deviously Cursed Loot installation, However the best approach right now, Get proper version of SkyrimSE downloaded installed and working first then we will get Sexlab Working and then follow up with DD. alright I have followed the video instructions, skyrim se is now downgraded. what should I do now? Also thank you so much for helping me out
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 5 minutes ago, gregdumble said: alright I have followed the video instructions, skyrim se is now downgraded. what should I do now? Also thank you so much for helping me out Oh fuck really, you got that super speed internet then. Uh mouth is full of sandwich, http://skse.silverlock.org/ Download that, open the zip file dump contents into Skyrim folder This will put proper SKSE files into the Skyrim root folder which we need to have there for our SKSE mods to actually work and not crash up game.
Gameplayer Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 Also we are going to need to see if you have installed the Address Library, and SKYUI....I saw you have FNIS and XPMSE skeleton already. While we are at it, may as well install SOS properly.
gregdumble Posted June 18, 2022 Author Posted June 18, 2022 Just now, Gameplayer said: Also we are going to need to see if you have installed the Address Library, and SKYUI....I saw you have FNIS and XPMSE skeleton already. While we are at it, may as well install SOS properly. I have skyui, I do not know what address library is or sos.
Just Don't Posted June 18, 2022 Posted June 18, 2022 That FNIS is for Skyrim LE. Not SE. LE is orange, SE is yellow. All the warnings saying not Skyrim compatible is quite clear too. I'm surprised you've been trying for a year now. Most people ask for help or look for these errors after a few tries. The forums are filled with that exact issue. 58 minutes ago, Nupendum said: See what I mean? trying to figure this stuff out just breakes your game. i warned you the software does not work dude. You should know when it's a software or user problem. This is purely user error. Thousands of users are playing modded games without issues.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.