BodySlide for Oblivion

• 3 weeks later...

I've got it installed and the program itself works, but I don't know nearly enough about skeletons, rigging, sliders, or weighting to make anything up to standards. I wish someone with experience making bodyslide bodies/armors from scratch for Skyrim was interested in Oblivion.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 12:17 PM, shimozu said:

I've got it installed and the program itself works, but I don't know nearly enough about skeletons, rigging, sliders, or weighting to make anything up to standards. I wish someone with experience making bodyslide bodies/armors from scratch for Skyrim was interested in Oblivion.

Sorry for the late response, but I am probably going to give Oblivion another run in the near future and have plenty of experience converting bodies and armor/clothing. Depends on the skelly and how well BS works with the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 4:51 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Not broken. Just tested it today and am already building a slider set for HGEC body.:classic_smile:

imma poke this thread and see if this has any updates?
it would be amazing to start off the revisiting of oblivion by getting some kind of sliderset for hgec up and going
heck any body really, im just not too great at doing the sliders myself; im more of 'i will put this sliderset onto every outfit I can see to I can change things finally' kind of person

Edited by Cpt.Ramirez
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 10:32 PM, Cpt.Ramirez said:

imma poke this thread and see if this has any updates?
it would be amazing to start off the revisiting of oblivion by getting some kind of sliderset for hgec up and going
heck any body really, im just not too great at doing the sliders myself; im more of 'i will put this sliderset onto every outfit I can see to I can change things finally' kind of person

Pretty much spent the month messing around with BS for Oblivion and it works sort of. The problems are that 1) Can't use the smooth tool on some meshes and have it work (render correctly) in game. 2) Can't add vertices to any mesh and have it work. 3) Can't zap parts of some outfits and have it work. 4) Can't copy bone weights to some meshes and have them work. Something about the way .nif files work in this game is different- or the textures for them. Something like that

Anyway... it has worked mostly so far to do mash-ups and conform to my shitty slider set. HGEC normal H top and DMRA bottom. Love it! :classic_tongue:

ScreenShot269.png.0a133b59fab892606955f1e145f96838.png

Edited by KoolHndLuke
  • 7 months later...
On 4/29/2023 at 8:13 AM, banditjack said:

Sorry to post so late on this thread but has anything changed with this since you posted last time?

Not really. Been having a few problems with my pc lately, so I haven't been able to do or test much. And few people have more than a passing interest in BS for a game this old. Ousnius himself being the main one I would think.

The main problem for building bodies in this game is the way the parts are divided. If I can figure out a way to build both the upper and lower .nifs together with one slider set, then I may be able to offer something for use. The other problem is figuring out what standard to use (i.e. what's the best body to use?). I like parts from a couple, but there are so many more models from mods that may be better overall.

Edited by KoolHndLuke