Something is setting offsets to my character when I press numpad keys. Can't find what.

Title. When I press numpad 4, 5, 6 or 9, a message appears (for example) "X offset now 3.0000" and my character moves the specified amount. It seems to be affecting animations globally. And it increases and I can't seem to decrease it (shift does nothing for most offsets but decreases "Inc", numpad 5).

What is causing this and how do I reset the offset?

Thanks.

Edit/Solution: The values could be decreased to zero with shift-pressing the keys but the "Inc Amount" (Num5) must be something else than 0. Would still like to know what causes this.

Edited by mancuskaj
solution
6 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

You could try something radical like going through the MCMs and looking for anything which might be doing it. I realise this will require effort on your part but life is like that sometimes.

I did go through the entire MCM. Twice.

I think I really figured out how to fix this! You need to set the "Inc Amount" (Num5) variable to something else than zero and then you can manipulate the other offsets. It's not about being in the console but about the increment amount. I still have no clue what causes this.

Sounds like hotkey actions introduced by some mod you installed. The only mods I know of that add hotkeys by default to the numpad keys similar to that are Jaxonz Repositioner and OSA/OSEX

(for OSA/OSEX,  I'm referring to an older version that I had installed at one time back in Skyrim 1.5.80. I'm not sure how it handles its hotkey assignments in the newer version that's become popular recently, but back then, its control hotkeys basically took over the entire numpad).

Edited by anjenthedog
added explanation re: OSA/OSEX
  • 1 year later...