53 minutes ago, Plobi said:

I guess I'm the first to ask this question. UNP/BHUNP overlay option please? It looks great in the images and thank you for sharing it.

It's doable but it would quite literally double the workload on this mod.

@Heroic088, you might find the recently uploaded Fomod installer (courtesy of @tznvlw) helpful

Edited by donnerwetter
4 hours ago, Pralinezz said:

hi, pretty stupid question here, is the overlay intended to be used with racemenu? if so in which folder the .png should be put to make it pop up in the options between the bodypaints?

No, the overlay goes on top of your installed normal map in an image editor, like so:

Open femalebody_1_msn.dds in paint.net and drag the overlay over into the window. Add as layer, save as .dds, with these settings: BC7 (Linear, DX11), Slow Compression Speed, Generate Mip Maps. Choose to flatten when it asks.

Note: You may need to resize the overlay if it's too large. In this case, instead of Add Layer, choose Open and resize to fit the texture you're working on. Save the resized texture under a new filename and then add that as a layer.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:14 PM, donnerwetter said:

No, the overlay goes on top of your installed normal map in an image editor, like so:

Open femalebody_1_msn.dds in paint.net and drag the overlay over into the window. Add as layer, save as .dds, with these settings: BC7 (Linear, DX11), Slow Compression Speed, Generate Mip Maps. Choose to flatten when it asks.

Note: You may need to resize the overlay if it's too large. In this case, instead of Add Layer, choose Open and resize to fit the texture you're working on. Save the resized texture under a new filename and then add that as a layer.

oh, thats why i thought it was strange for an racemenu overlay to be a png, thanks

4 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

This might be a dumb question, but how are you switching between the two normal maps in the video?

If only there were a Dynamic Texture Replacer - a mod like Dynamic Animation Replacer, but replacing textures instead of animations.

That would allow to :

- apply normal maps depending on breast size, pregnancy stage...

- apply a blue skin tone when cold, a green one when poisoned, pallor when diseased, blushes and sweat drops when aroused...

(A few dynamic overlay mods exist but they lack the DAR's configurable settings and files.)

12 hours ago, Thelewdgooberkitty69 said:

what this even for

If you play with pregnancy sliders on female bodies, you'll notice that the lighting looks godawful with them on because all normal maps have been made for flat bellies. These normal maps have been specifically made to be used with pregnant bodies.

12 hours ago, Thelewdgooberkitty69 said:

and what mods use this stuff

There's plenty of mods that involve pregnancy, but none have integrated these normal maps yet.

9 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

This might be a dumb question, but how are you switching between the two normal maps in the video?

For the purposes of making a demonstration video, I made a naked body "armour" and made it use a pregnant normal map. I then bound it to a hotkey and toggled it on and off while recording.

4 hours ago, orgs1n said:

If only there were a Dynamic Texture Replacer - a mod like Dynamic Animation Replacer, but replacing textures instead of animations.

That would allow to :

- apply a blue skin tone when cold, a green one when poisoned, pallor when diseased, blushes and sweat drops when aroused...

(A few dynamic overlay mods exist but they lack the DAR's configurable settings and files.)

I've talked with the author of FM+ Immersive Effects, and they are looking into integrating pregnant normal maps into an update at some point in the future. I'm also trying to figure out of it's possible to tie normal maps to sliders.

24 minutes ago, www77665 said:

perfectScreenShot3579.thumb.jpg.1a7e7bf4ef42af8c671f1740dad1531f.jpgScreenShot3578.thumb.jpg.b7eb4a8a5d3743b8c9ad81e049e5d404.jpgScreenShot3571.thumb.jpg.544afcb40b5f88655ec116ab533ff1fe.jpg

Very lovely screenshots ?

If you have a Nexus account, I recommend uploading these in the User Images section of this mod!

14 hours ago, orgs1n said:

That would allow to :

There are two ways I know of to do this, but they're both pretty clunky and often incompatible with multiple implementations.

One way would be to duplicate the 'SkinNaked' Armor and associated 'Naked' ArmorAddons, make a custom TextureSet using whatever textures you wanted, and set that as the 'Skin Texture' in the 'Naked' ArmorAddons. Then you would apply this new naked skin armor to the player or NPCs using the SetSkin function. This would replace the player's skin textures with whatever textures were set in the TextureSet. This only requires SKSE for the SetSkin function, but since the player can only have one Skin set at a time, any mod using this system would be incompatible with any other mod using this system. You can also add extra body parts like horns and tails using this method by adding them as extra ArmorAddons.

The other way to do this would be to use NiOverride skins. There is a way to use TextureSets with NIO to give overlays proper Normal maps, described in this thread. It is a lot more compatible than the other method, but you still need to deal with overlay slots and ordering, because you could accidentally overwrite tattoos or something with this method.

I use both of these methods in my mod Corruption. You can look at the CorruptionAddictionBaseTransform script to see how I implemented them.

@donnerwetter

If the map can be useful as overlay, then check the mode ActiveOverlays (do not know, if it is possible to make it work with normal maps), you still probably will have to create a driver for the pregnancy.

Otherwise, you could ask, a modder, who actively works on a mod, that utilizes pregnancy sliders, to implement your work into his (if you are ok. with that). The only mod i know of, that gets regularly updates and has pregnancy is FillHerUp by BAKA. You could ask him, but you will probably need a complete set of textures for his body (BHUNP) to get his attention.

I like your work and hope you can get it working

cheers

Edited by monty359
18 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

There is a way to use TextureSets with NIO to give overlays proper Normal maps, described in this thread. It is a lot more compatible than the other method, but you still need to deal with overlay slots and ordering, because you could accidentally overwrite tattoos or something with this method.

This is my current idea, and is something I think I can implement (my mod already works with NiO overlays), I'm just getting re-set up with a new install (CK back up and running now).