dw's Pregnant Normal Maps for CBBE 3BA

View File

Update 16/08/2022: Hi, just wanted to turn everyone's attention towards this promising looking new mod that does automatic pregnant normal map
swapping:
https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/23307-pregnancy-normalmap-swapper/ It will require some manual moving and renaming of files, but there are detailed instructions provided.

Spoiler

Introduction

I didn't like how hideously distorted and unnatural the lighting and shadows look on a character when using the 3BA pregnancy slider with regular normal maps, so I made some custom ones to be used with said slider.

Don't know what I'm talking about? See how the belly seems to glow in the image on the left?

comp.thumb.png.4991ea3979414771c5464b9178a72ea2.png

Here is a video comparison demonstrating the difference between a regular normal map and one with my overlay applied to it:

Here is another video: showing the difference in Outfit Studio:

There are 5 normal maps to choose from, corresponding to the PregnancyBelly slider at 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 percent, respectively. The 100% version is used in these screenshots.

If you like my work, you may support me on Patreon.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/02/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    CBBE 3BA
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

Neat textures. Not really a fan of pregnant bellies and that, but really outstanding work, like with your other mods, too.

Good to have you around this community.

But one question tho;

I've tried a lot with the bodyslide, mainly for different presets'n followers - But how did you get the belly so round?
Pregnant-belly kinda looks different for me in my sliders, hmm.

Edited by -Player1-
4 hours ago, -Player1- said:

Neat textures. Not really a fan of pregnant bellies and that, but really outstanding work, like with your other mods, too.

Good to have you around this community.

But one question tho;

I've tried a lot with the bodyslide, mainly for different presets'n followers - But how did you get the belly so round?
Pregnant-belly kinda looks different for me in my sliders, hmm.

That's just what the CBBE pregnancy slider looks like on my character when it's cranked up to 100% ?

3 hours ago, Midnightbug said:

hi there, can overlay be made in  a way that when the pregnancy slider has a value above 0% it will kick in?

Not really- Skyrim textures are not modular like that. However, it should be possible to make a mod that changes your character's normal map depending on certain triggers. It's a question of coding though which is not my forte.

49 minutes ago, tznvlw said:

@donnerwetter

Good work :)

I would like to ask, can we make the relevant files ourselves as needed??If so, how can we do it?

Open femalebody_1_msn.dds in paint.net and drag the overlay over into the window. Add as layer, save as .dds, with these settings: BC7 (Linear, DX11), Slow Compression Speed, Generate Mip Maps. Choose to flatten when it asks.

9 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

This mod applies muscle maps based on weight. Maybe the concept could be applied to the pregnancy belly slider or see if a pregnancy mod author can update their mod to incorporate?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38877

I don't think tieing pregnancy to the weight slider would be a good idea, unless you want every woman in Skyrim to be in various stages of pregnancy. However yes, the technology is there, we just need someone more knowledgeable in scripting/coding to incorporate my mod in a more immersive way.

28 minutes ago, Bullfye said:

Just a question will this maps overwrite the Muscle Maps we might have installed ??

TY great job bud ..

If you replace your normal map with one of the premade Fair Skin Complexion ones, then yes. However, you can also add the overlay on top of your existing normal map. Not sure how it will look- if your character is absolutely jacked the transition might not look the most natural.

2 hours ago, donnerwetter said:

That's just what the CBBE pregnancy slider looks like on my character when it's cranked up to 100% ?

Not really- Skyrim textures are not modular like that. However, it should be possible to make a mod that changes your character's normal map depending on certain triggers. It's a question of coding though which is not my forte.

Open femalebody_1_msn.dds in paint.net and drag the overlay over into the window. Add as layer, save as .dds, with these settings: BC7 (Linear, DX11), Slow Compression Speed, Generate Mip Maps. Choose to flatten when it asks.

I don't think tieing pregnancy to the weight slider would be a good idea, unless you want every woman in Skyrim to be in various stages of pregnancy. However yes, the technology is there, we just need someone more knowledgeable in scripting/coding to incorporate my mod in a more immersive way.

I meant tie it to the Pregnancy Belly slider rather than weight

2 hours ago, donnerwetter said:

Thank you for your quick and detailed reply?:)

Not bad, but what is the result of shadows on a character without a pregnant belly?
I replaced one normal map with another - a map without a pregnant belly, a map with a pregnant belly, not very cool, an automatic "back and forth" substitution is needed, otherwise it is the solution of one problem and the creation of another... Sexlab triggers (he needs to be taught how to work with sliders ..and preferably with 3ba-v2) ?

it would be more logical for this task to be solved by the mod itself, which works with the belly - Fertil.mode \ Fill her up \ soul game over 4 and others, and not to create a kind of "crutches" and not produce some "patches \ addons".
mods need to be created centrally, then there will be order everywhere.

Edited by zer02
1 hour ago, zer02 said:

Not bad, but what is the result of shadows on a character without a pregnant belly?

If a pregnant character looks bad with a non-pregnant normal map, then conversely a non-pregnant character will naturally also look bad with a pregnant one.

1 hour ago, zer02 said:

I replaced one normal map with another - a map without a pregnant belly, a map with a pregnant belly, not very cool, an automatic "back and forth" substitution is needed, otherwise it is the solution of one problem and the creation of another... Sexlab triggers (he needs to be taught how to work with sliders ..and preferably with 3ba-v2) ?

it would be more logical for this task to be solved by the mod itself, which works with the belly - Fertil.mode \ Fill her up \ soul game over 4 and others, and not to create a kind of "crutches" and not produce some "patches \ addons".
mods need to be created centrally, then there will be order everywhere.

Yeah sure, but the thing is that my expertise (if you can call it that) is editing meshes and textures, not scripting game logic. I made this as a proof of concept hoping to attract the attention of someone who can implement this into an existing pregnancy mod.

3 hours ago, donnerwetter said:

If a pregnant character looks bad with a non-pregnant normal map, then conversely a non-pregnant character will naturally also look bad with a pregnant one.

Yeah sure, but the thing is that my expertise (if you can call it that) is editing meshes and textures, not scripting game logic. I made this as a proof of concept hoping to attract the attention of someone who can implement this into an existing pregnancy mod.

In any case, thank you very much, even without implementation, I personally will probably use your work in the game when my character and the inhabitants decide to restore populations from the red Book of both rare wild and deadly animals and the population of Skyrim)

14 minutes ago, karenyang117 said:

Hi. This looks amazing! Can you please explain what "normal map bake" version is?

It's just the raw result of the normal map baking process without any additional work done on it. It's based on the geometry of the mesh itself which means it's completely smooth and lacks any additional details to make it more lifelike. Also, many areas, such as the neck, wrists and ankles became distorted when I cranked up the polycount. It is not usable in the game, I merely included is as a resource for other modders to look at and learn from.

Edited by donnerwetter

24 minutes ago, Szlordrin said:

How do you install, MO2 doesn't recognize the datafolder. What directory to use, or what to overwrite?

Assuming you're talking about the Fair Skin replacers-

dw's Pregnant Normal Maps for 3BA - Texture Installation Helper.7z

Download the above file, unzip it and place your chosen normal map (either flat, slim or curvy) into dw's Pregnant Normal Maps for 3BA - Texture  Installation Helper\textures\actors\character\female then back out and zip the folder structure again. Add the resulting archive as a mod in MO2 and make sure it comes after whatever body texture you've got installed.

Edited by donnerwetter
16 hours ago, donnerwetter said:

Yeah, i'm, big dum' dum'.

I forgot that waist'n hips define the look, too.

And because i was using one of my petite-presets, it didn't look that 'round'.
It does with vanilla cbbe, for example, tho.

Hi! I love the idea of this, though I can't just quite seem to get it to work. I've done a bit of digging on the tutorials and advise given on how to get it work and put to use the search function in Windows to find the associated files required, patch things up with Paint.net, and basically do what I presume is everything correctly to get this to work. And yet, I don't notice a change. Perhaps it is because I mostly use beast races? Even tried patching those as well, but still got nothing. Test it out with a human character, I still don't see a difference and it looks like I'm doing everything right based on what I read.

I must be missing some kind of step here because when I do read the instructions on how to install, a lot of the steps involved seem to have a presumption of things like you are already meant to know where the "femalebody_1_msn.dds" file(s) are. I didn't know initially, but I did track it down.

So I hope to request a full step-by-step process on how to do this. Assume I know nothing, that I don't know where to find the files and their locations, and break it down as much as possible. I'm positive the step I'm missing to get this all working is probably some otherwise common knowledge step that is taken for granted, but for me is just a real head scratcher.

Cheers and thanks to anyone who might be able to assist me!

5 hours ago, Heroic088 said:

Hi! I love the idea of this, though I can't just quite seem to get it to work. I've done a bit of digging on the tutorials and advise given on how to get it work and put to use the search function in Windows to find the associated files required, patch things up with Paint.net, and basically do what I presume is everything correctly to get this to work. And yet, I don't notice a change. Perhaps it is because I mostly use beast races? Even tried patching those as well, but still got nothing. Test it out with a human character, I still don't see a difference and it looks like I'm doing everything right based on what I read.

I must be missing some kind of step here because when I do read the instructions on how to install, a lot of the steps involved seem to have a presumption of things like you are already meant to know where the "femalebody_1_msn.dds" file(s) are. I didn't know initially, but I did track it down.

So I hope to request a full step-by-step process on how to do this. Assume I know nothing, that I don't know where to find the files and their locations, and break it down as much as possible. I'm positive the step I'm missing to get this all working is probably some otherwise common knowledge step that is taken for granted, but for me is just a real head scratcher.

Cheers and thanks to anyone who might be able to assist me!

The beast races do use entirely different normal maps from humans and elves given that they are scaly and furry. Swapping one of these normal maps for them wouldn't look good and would result in hand, foot and neck seams.

I assume you're using MO2, in which case these textures go in

Mod Organizer 2\mods\<MOD FOLDER NAME HERE>\textures\actors\character\female

Alternatively, you can use the Texture Installation Helper posted above to avoid messing with your already existing mods so you can enable and disable these textures more easily. If you have placed the files in the correct folders, I would guess the mod you placed them in is being overwritten by another mod. In MO2, right click on the mod you installed the textures in, select Information and go to the Conflicts tab and see if it says which mod its losing the conflict to, then drag and drop mod below the offending one or just disable it outright.