Need help (SOLVED)

> My Prince managed to persuade our acquaintance to install Laraya, redguard standalone follower. The guy reported two problems: he can't change her outfit regardless the mod he is using (she receives items in her inventory, but she doesn't put them on, except the sword) and second, there are CTDs when have sex with her. Not, every sex, but randomly. My Prince tried to edit her in TES5Edit, but the game CTDs on every single change. The mod somehow reject any changes, even one letter in her name. If the game miraculously starts, she isn't in the game. Very weird. So, he ask for help if someone is willing to fix her. Thank you, in advance.

Laraya - Redguard Follower-26350-1-0.7z

Edited by Evaloves4

Mod is weird.

It has lots of records copy/pasted from ApachiiHair mod. You normaly don't do that. If you need custom hair, you'd reference it, but not just copy/paste records.

Resources for all that hair(mesh, textures) are not present in the mod.

Bad mod. Delete it.

Just now, Fotogen said:

Mod is weird.

It has lots of records copy/pasted from ApachiiHair mod. You normaly don't do that. If you need custom hair, you'd reference it, but not just copy/paste records.

Resources for all that hair(mesh, textures) are not present in the mod.

Bad mod. Delete it.

> Thank you for checking it. Using TES5Edit for checking errors, my Prince said it reported several serious errors. He would like to fix it but he doesn't know how and both of them, he and our acquaintance likes her. That's why he asked me to ask LL for fixing her if someone is willing to do it.

6 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Thank you for checking it. Using TES5Edit for checking errors, my Prince said it reported several serious errors. He would like to fix it but he doesn't know how and both of them, he and our acquaintance likes her. That's why he asked me to ask LL for fixing her if someone is willing to do it.

Before I consider it, I would want to know what "fixing" it entails. I hate to put time into a project with nebulous parameters only to be told at the end, "no, that's not what I wanted."

Edit - has she changed since the last time I worked on her?

7 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Before I consider it, I would want to know what "fixing" it entails. I hate to put time into a project with nebulous parameters only to be told at the end, "no, that's not what I wanted."

Edit - has she changed since the last time I worked on her?

> No, there was no change. The game doesn't accept her changed. This is original mod.  All that our acquaintance wants is to be able to change her armor and stop having CTDs when sex her. Nothing else. My Prince just told me that he was able to change her outfit once, but  she redressed her original outfit after sex, or on changing the cell or on reloading the game. He knows some things missing as T5E reported but he doesn't know how to fix it.

Edited by Evaloves4
7 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

tbh the mod doesn't look like it's worth the effort editing or reworking it. There are many other redguard followers with similar or better looks and utility without forcing you to install all these requirements

> Thanks for suggestion, but you see, she captured their hearts :) My Prince loooooves her Indian look- The guy have few reduard followers in the game, but none of them is Laraya :) if you know what I mean.

1 hour ago, Evaloves4 said:

Thanks for suggestion, but you see, she captured their hearts :) My Prince loooooves her Indian look- The guy have few reduard followers in the game, but none of them is Laraya :) if you know what I mean.

yeah, feel the same way about Priscilla and Gorr. Just love those Characters for what they are ?

12 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> My Prince managed to persuade our acquaintance to install Laraya, redguard standalone follower. The guy reported two problems: he can't change her outfit regardless the mod he is using (she receives items in her inventory, but she doesn't put them on, except the sword) and second, there are CTDs when have sex with her. Not, every sex, but randomly. My Prince tried to edit her in TES5Edit, but the game CTDs on every single change. The mod somehow reject any changes, even one letter in her name. If the game miraculously starts, she isn't in the game. Very weird. So, he ask for help if someone is willing to fix her. Thank you, in advance.

Laraya - Redguard Follower-26350-1-0.7z 351.38 kB · 4 downloads

I'm not sure what the issue is, but CTDs are often related to the game trying to load some resource it can't find, or some scripts conflicting. There are quite a lot of requirements for this mod ; and it seems it wasn't made the correct way since the author used NPC editor instead of just the CK.

I won't fix the mod myself, however , if you have the time and will to do so, just recreating the follower in the CK would probably fix both issues :

1. Load the original mod in the CK. Find the Laraya NPC, open its properties, and then ctrl+F4 on the face menu to export the face preset.
  2. Make sure you have the Apachii hair mod(s) which contain the hair enabled, same for the eyes.
  3. Create a new follower (if you don't know how to proceed, follow this guide, it's not that complicated if you pay attention to each step, and do those in one go)
  4. On the face step, just import the face setting you previously exported from Laraya ; then select her hair, and skintone... and poof, you've got a functional Laraya follower. :classic_smile:
12 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> My Prince managed to persuade our acquaintance to install Laraya, redguard standalone follower. The guy reported two problems: he can't change her outfit regardless the mod he is using (she receives items in her inventory, but she doesn't put them on, except the sword) and second, there are CTDs when have sex with her. Not, every sex, but randomly. 

ldyMRSUy_o.png « Maybe that Laraya gal doesn't know your friend for very long, and she doesn't want to honey-honey yet ?

Maybe she doesn't like him, so she doesn't want to get naked with him around ? :classic_angel: »

Edited by Tirloque

> OK, one more time: my Prince, when playing Skyrim, had installed CK and he downloaded tutorials from you tube. But he simply couldn't  learn it and apply because he didn't understand the program. You have no idea how f4rustrated and sad he was. That's why he asked for help. I am not exaggerating. My Ivy and I saw him trying and trying and being very unsuccessful always doing something wrong but he couldn't identify what he was doing wrong. Therefore, again, I beg you to help him since it means a lot to him ....

> The second reason why he asked for help is: It is one thing to install mods and working in the program that he doesn't understand is time consuming. He simply have no time for that. believe me on my word.

Edited by Evaloves4
3 hours ago, Tirloque said:

I'm not sure what the issue is, but CTDs are often related to the game trying to load some resource it can't find, or some scripts conflicting. There are quite a lot of requirements for this mod ; and it seems it wasn't made the correct way since the author used NPC editor instead of just the CK.

I won't fix the mod myself, however , if you have the time and will to do so, just recreating the follower in the CK would probably fix both issues :

1. Load the original mod in the CK. Find the Laraya NPC, open its properties, and then ctrl+F4 on the face menu to export the face preset.
  2. Make sure you have the Apachii hair mod(s) which contain the hair enabled, same for the eyes.
  3. Create a new follower (if you don't know how to proceed, follow this guide, it's not that complicated if you pay attention to each step, and do those in one go)
  4. On the face step, just import the face setting you previously exported from Laraya ; then select her hair, and skintone... and poof, you've got a functional Laraya follower. :classic_smile:

ldyMRSUy_o.png « Maybe that Laraya gal doesn't know your friend for very long, and she doesn't want to honey-honey yet ?

Maybe she doesn't like him, so she doesn't want to get naked with him around ? :classic_angel: »

> The issue is that game crush after the sex when Sexlab is trying to redress her. The guy who made the mod, as somebody said earlier in the thread di very sloppy job.

19 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

So, he ask for help if someone is willing to fix her. Thank you, in advance.

I looked at the mod in the CK and fixed some things.

1. The NPC used ApachiiHair, but the esp didn't have the esm as master, all hair and hairlines were simply copied from ApachiiHair to the esp. I deleted all unused hairs and hairlines.
Additionally I moved the hair-nifs and -tris to a separate folder called Laraya (same for the hair textures) and in the ESP renamed the FormID's and names to LarayaHair and LarayaHairline. So there are no duplicates if ApachiiHair is installed and no errors if ApachiiHair is not installed.

2. The facetint was without mipmaps - also corrected. The Head mesh has been re-exported.

3. The NPC used the Playerhousecarl outfit - now nothing. She is naked and unarmed. So she should accept all armor, clothes and weapons.

4. I repackaged it as BSA - but without compression, so the BSA is bigger. Skyrim's compression is outdated and very slow. That's why supposedly loose files are faster.

Important note: Changes to NPCs only really take effect with a new game. So don't use it with a save.

Laraya.7z

7 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I looked at the mod in the CK and fixed some things.

1. The NPC used ApachiiHair, but the esp didn't have the esm as master, all hair and hairlines were simply copied from ApachiiHair to the esp. I deleted all unused hairs and hairlines.
Additionally I moved the hair-nifs and -tris to a separate folder called Laraya (same for the hair textures) and in the ESP renamed the FormID's and names to LarayaHair and LarayaHairline. So there are no duplicates if ApachiiHair is installed and no errors if ApachiiHair is not installed.

2. The facetint was without mipmaps - also corrected. The Head mesh has been re-exported.

3. The NPC used the Playerhousecarl outfit - now nothing. She is naked and unarmed. So she should accept all armor, clothes and weapons.

4. I repackaged it as BSA - but without compression, so the BSA is bigger. Skyrim's compression is outdated and very slow. That's why supposedly loose files are faster.

Important note: Changes to NPCs only really take effect with a new game. So don't use it with a save.

Laraya.7z

> Thank you, Andy very much. I downloaded your zip, mailed to my prince who installed her. Everything is fine except mismatching her face and the body. Please, look the spoiler.

Spoiler

ScreenShot7.jpg.b643e012cf89253e4cf76ffda08466e3.jpg

38 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Thank you, Andy very much. I downloaded your zip, mailed to my prince who installed her. Everything is fine except mismatching her face and the body. Please, look the spoiler.

The FaceTint is the original texture - only saved with mipmap.
Has the NPC weight changed in the game? Her weight (according to esp) is 0.
I just tested it in game - no problems.
You can try in game: NPC in view -> open console -> click on NPC (ID and name are displayed) ->setnpcweight 100 -> enter. After that (console can remain open) setnpcweight 0 -> enter

PS: Alternatively (if ENB is used) -> Open the ENB Ingame Editor with SHIFT + Enter (by default) and check whether there are appropriate settings in the FIXES category.

Edited by Andy14
9 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

The FaceTint is the original texture - only saved with mipmap.
Has the NPC weight changed in the game? Her weight (according to esp) is 0.
I just tested it in game - no problems.
You can try in game: NPC in view -> open console -> click on NPC (ID and name are displayed) ->setnpcweight 100 -> enter. After that (console can remain open) setnpcweight 0 -> enter

PS: Alternatively (if ENB is used) -> Open the ENB Ingame Editor with SHIFT + Enter (by default) and check whether there are appropriate settings in the FIXES category.

> No, it is still "0".  I will tell him to try that. So if I understand you correctly - he suppose to change his weight from default 0 to 100 and back to 0 again?

Just now, Evaloves4 said:

So if I understand you correctly - he suppose to change his weight from default 0 to 100 and back to 0 again?

Yes, exactly.
Skyrim sometimes has problems putting the textures on a mesh at the right time - script latencies, texture count - there are many possible causes. The result is then gray and dark faces. Changing the weight forces the engine to repeat the process.

In the meantime I will take another look at the Head Mesh with Nifskope and check if the mesh is properly normalized.

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Yes, exactly.
Skyrim sometimes has problems putting the textures on a mesh at the right time - script latencies, texture count - there are many possible causes. The result is then gray and dark faces. Changing the weight forces the engine to repeat the process.

In the meantime I will take another look at the Head Mesh with Nifskope and check if the mesh is properly normalized.

> Thanks, by the way, doing it as was told, now the case is browner than body

1 minute ago, Evaloves4 said:

Thanks, by the way, doing it as was told, now the case is browner than body

The mesh itself is fine. However, I use different specular and specular color values in my game. It may be that this is enough. I adjusted the Nif to vanilla values and repacked the BSA.
Unpack in Skyrim\Data\ and overwrite.
Laraya.7z

• Evaloves4 changed the title to Need help (SOLVED)
43 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

The mesh itself is fine. However, I use different specular and specular color values in my game. It may be that this is enough. I adjusted the Nif to vanilla values and repacked the BSA.
Unpack in Skyrim\Data\ and overwrite.
Laraya.7z

> Thanks a lot. This fixed the problem. Both guys are very happy now :)

> Unfortunately I have no more likes. But here is  one

You Got It Yes Sticker by EmojiClap Applause Sticker by Emoji

21 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Thanks a lot. This fixed the problem. Both guys are very happy now :)

> Unfortunately I have no more likes. But here is  one

You're welcome.
In case it is of interest. The mod was created with NPCEdit - not with CK or Tes5Edit. NPCEdit is a good tool to recreate FaceTints because CK can't do 1024 and above (lipstick on forehead etc.)

A little bit how to use NPCEdit.

Spoiler

Example: I want to make a follower mod and with CTRL+F4 the head mesh and the texture of the FaceTint are exported. But the FaceTint is only 256x256 - CK can't do more. And it not scaled, but cut.
Well, let's say my follower mod is a redguard.
The mesh is ok after exporting with CTRL+F4, but the texture is garbage.

Then I open NPCEdit and look for a female Redguard - e.g. Saadia. In NPCEdit I do the same settings as in CK for skin color, lipstick, etc. - all the makeup.
Then I export the whole thing as ESP (but for example in "My Documents -> My Follower FaceTintFixes").
Then I rename the exported FaceTint.dds name to the name that CK exported (it's the NPC's ID) and copy that file to the destination folder (where CK exported the DDS) and overwrite it.. That's all - now you have a FaceTint that exactly matches the settings in the ESP and corresponds to the resolution you are using.

21 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

You're welcome.
In case it is of interest. The mod was created with NPCEdit - not with CK or Tes5Edit. NPCEdit is a good tool to recreate FaceTints because CK can't do 1024 and above (lipstick on forehead etc.)

A little bit how to use NPCEdit.

Reveal hidden contents

Example: I want to make a follower mod and with CTRL+F4 the head mesh and the texture of the FaceTint are exported. But the FaceTint is only 256x256 - CK can't do more. And it not scaled, but cut.
Well, let's say my follower mod is a redguard.
The mesh is ok after exporting with CTRL+F4, but the texture is garbage.

Then I open NPCEdit and look for a female Redguard - e.g. Saadia. In NPCEdit I do the same settings as in CK for skin color, lipstick, etc. - all the makeup.
Then I export the whole thing as ESP (but for example in "My Documents -> My Follower FaceTintFixes").
Then I rename the exported FaceTint.dds name to the name that CK exported (it's the NPC's ID) and copy that file to the destination folder (where CK exported the DDS) and overwrite it.. That's all - now you have a FaceTint that exactly matches the settings in the ESP and corresponds to the resolution you are using.

> Thank you, kind sir again. The boys got their toy and my Prince and the guy is playing *cough* *cough* some games with her :classic_biggrin:

> Here she is in the armor they put on her.  before the guy will use her in fight he's gonna sex her for days.:classic_laugh:

ScreenShot10.jpg.b0edf0cb3a88b3a4712bbd1bbf3cd218.jpg