Hey everyone, not sure if I am putting this under an appropriate forum or not so please let me know if this does not fit here.  I have a simple question.  Is there a way to set up Vortex to update your mods from Loverslab in a similar fashion to how they check for updates and update with mods from Nexusmods?

Afaik, no. Vortex handles Nexus content that contains special info created during submission of content to the nexus, which is used by vortex when the vortex link is chosen for download. In fact, in my experience, if you  download a mod from vortex to a folder, and then install it manually, it also won't be tracked for update info by vortex/nexus.

Edited by anjenthedog
  • 9 months later...

Always baffled me why people want autoupdates. I mean there are easier ways to brick your 150 hour playthrough.

Anyhow, plan B could be to create a wget script. Throw in some fancy dom parser and you can get a nice print-out of all current versions; download links included even. Python comes to mind.

3 hours ago, Amatum said:

Old thread - I know.

Can Vortex at least CHECK for updates if the Source fields are filled out correctly?

Afaik not at this point. (that is, not natively at nexus anyway. yes, I saw traison's idea, which might be an avenue, idk).

Anyway, I saw a suggestion in a dev group for offsite nexus level support, but frankly, I don't think it'll be practical, since the offsite files aren't hosted by nexus or embedded with the necessary info.

Edited by anjenthedog
On 2/18/2023 at 7:12 AM, traison said:

Always baffled me why people want autoupdates. I mean there are easier ways to brick your 150 hour playthrough.

Anyhow, plan B could be to create a wget script. Throw in some fancy dom parser and you can get a nice print-out of all current versions; download links included even. Python comes to mind.

On 2/18/2023 at 8:00 AM, anjenthedog said:

Afaik not at this point. (that is, not natively at nexus anyway. yes, I saw traison's idea, which might be an avenue, idk).

Anyway, I saw a suggestion in a dev group for offsite nexus level support, but frankly, I don't think it'll be practical, since the offsite files aren't hosted by nexus or embedded with the necessary info.

Thanks for the replies and  info! Tons of reasons not to auto-update, I totally agree.

I just don't want to go through the new downloads section on Loverslab every day to see if some of my favorite mods have a good update that's worth updating by some rare chance ha ha. Ideally, a notification so I can go straight to LL and read about the update.

And all that wget stuff is beyond me - I can't script to save me life, I don't even have a Doctor's license !

Edited by Amatum