Beta: Bad Ends Furniture

Beta: Bad Ends Furniture

View File

This is a beta.

With this mod, I am trying to turn @Gray User's Bad End Animation Pack into workshop-buildable furniture. At the moment only the gallows is supported.

Requirements:

• Bad End Animation Pack
  • F4SE
  • LL FourPlay community F4SE plugin (but you should already have that from AAF, as AAF is a dependency of Bad Ends Animation Pack

How to use:

• Workshop ⇒ Resources ⇒ Miscellaneous ⇒ Gallows (should be directly right of the pillory)
  • Activate the gallows, you will get a message to choose a victim
  • Activate a NPC to select them as a victim, or activate the gallows again if you feel adventurous
  • After some seconds the NPC will appear on the gallows and start to struggle
  • At any time activate the NPC (or the gallows) to cut the victim down
  • If you do not cut the victim down, they will expire after struggling for a while
  • At any time activate the NPC (or the gallows) to cut the corpse down and loot it

Credits:

More technical information:

• The gallows furniture is sometimes a bit hard to activate. There is not much that I can do about that, it is just how the .nif has been set up in Bad End Animation Pack. Try to aim at the empty space under the gallows.
  • By default positioning, there is not much space under the feet of the NPC. You can always put the gallows on a small "pedestral" or something to hang your victims higher.
  • Technically, I am not hanging the victim. I am cloning the victim and hanging a clone. When the victim dies, the clone is staying alive and playing a (mostly) still animation. As a side effect, if you have "magic" effects that can detect living targets, the corpse will be detected as living.
  • You are allowed to shoot at the victim while it is hanging, even repeatedly to kill it faster. If you use explosives, this will (usually) break the rope.
  • Corpses are persistent; if you leave the area and come back later they should still be hanging.
  • I tried to make this compatible with Real Handcuffs and with Devious Devices, but there are still a few things that are not fully working.
  • Github: https://github.com/RealHandcuffs/BadEndsFurniture

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/03/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Bad Ends Animation Pack, SKSE

Edited by Kharos

All, feel free to give this a test and tell me if something is not working. There are a few things going on that were hard to solve, especially with the equipment of the clone (the game tries to replace equipment when leaving and later returning), and with cutting down the corpse (making sure the corpse is ragdolling without sinking into the ground, making sure that the equipment of the original victim is transferred to the corpse without duplicating equipment).

Edited by Kharos
7 hours ago, JB. said:

Congratulations on your mod, Kharos. I think Ego had made a similar mod, but I haven't thoroughly tested to see what the differences are.

PS: It should be F4SE.

Ah, I missed that one :classic_sad:. I was only aware of SAC's Working noose, which is not a furniture and does not have persistent "corpses".
I will have to take a closer look at Ego's mod, his work is usually very good.

8 hours ago, Kharos said:

Ah, I missed that one :classic_sad:. I was only aware of SAC's Working noose, which is not a furniture and does not have persistent "corpses".
I will have to take a closer look at Ego's mod, his work is usually very good.

Thanks.  But my little mod doesn't handle animation at all, it just lets you place the items via the workshop.  You have to use AAF "manually" to do animations with them.

I had a report that the clone looked different than the original. If you see the same effect, please tell me. I am myself not able to reproduce it, but it might be related to installed bodies or other mods.

A possible workaround would be to instead hang the original. The drawback is that they would technically stay alive when they "die" (the main purpose of the clone is to allow me killing the original and keeping the clone alive for the "corpse"), so for example quests would not register the victim as dead. Would that be a problem? Theoretically there could be a MCM switch or something to select the "mode"...

Edited by Kharos

I can't seem to choose another victim to hang. I can hang myself (grim), but whenever I try to press E on someone to hang them, I just speak to them normally. The "choose as victim" prompt does show up but again, it shares the same button as normal dialogue, so I end up speaking to the person.

On 4/14/2022 at 9:50 AM, shunter said:

I can't seem to choose another victim to hang. I can hang myself (grim), but whenever I try to press E on someone to hang them, I just speak to them normally. The "choose as victim" prompt does show up but again, it shares the same button as normal dialogue, so I end up speaking to the person.

This could be a conflict with another mod that changes interactions. I may need to consider an alternative way to select a victim...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Small update, I tried to improve the cloning procedure to hopefully reduce the number of issues caused by it. Also added a keyword to "corpses" to prevent VATS from targeting body parts.

You can update mid-game, the changes will only affect victims hanged after the update.

On 8/17/2022 at 6:20 PM, NoxOculis said:

Works very well, but just a small problem
if I hang my character, and reload the game then it is in restrained position without being able to move!
must quit the game and reload, or activate the console.

I cannot reproduce this. Did you reload while you were still struggling at the gallows, or did you wait until you were dead?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 8:37 PM, Kharos said:

Workshop ⇒ Resources ⇒ Miscellaneous ⇒ Gallows (should be directly right of the pillory)

I can't find these in the Workshop. I tried fixing with the Settlement Menu Manager but this did not work.

• 5 weeks later...