which number in FNIS is the deadly threshold limit number?

tagged.jpg.4964a5916e13d0dc202b888d3fb0bd4c.jpg

I am rebuilding my animations list after I had ctds which I think were down to anim overload
I just wanted to check which number is the real number to look at to know if I am over limit, or do some anims from outside fnis also count

I looked at the green number at first but now think it is maybe the red number, or the blue, or green + yellow, or some other value, and I am confused

no you are not, also there is animation limit crash fix and fnis xxl who bump the numbers. You should be more concerend about the warning message and read a little bit more. Normal FNIS has a limit of.. maybe 12k animations, skyrim in itself has its own animation limit which is way higher but not infinite.

In terms of FNIS there is no actual hard number. The number varies from set up to set up and it is the character animations which are the only one to worry about. If you use Animation Limit Crash Fix then you don't have to worry about the FNIS limit. Animation Limit Crash Fix has been around for over two years. Make sure you use the SE version.

Edited by Grey Cloud
1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

In terms of FNIS there is no actual hard number. The number varies from set up to set up and it is the character animations which are the only one to worry about. If you use Animation Limit Crash Fix then you don't have to worry about the FNIS limit. Animation Limit Crash Fix has been around for over two years. Make sure you use the SE version.

I use the limit fix but still had saves ctd when I loaded them even on a new game, this only went away when I removed the anim packs and re ran fnis, so I guessed anim limit was the problem, but maybe it was a bad anim or something and not a limit problem after all.

2 hours ago, Gukahn said:

no you are not, also there is animation limit crash fix and fnis xxl who bump the numbers. You should be more concerend about the warning message and read a little bit more. Normal FNIS has a limit of.. maybe 12k animations, skyrim in itself has its own animation limit which is way higher but not infinite.

Thanks I will check the warnings, the one I had was
">>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<"
idk why it is saying this, I have full legal steam copy, maybe it is because I blocked updates when AE came out and left it locked and the structure looks odd to fnis?

anyway I will carry on gently adding mod packs and see if a new game save fails to load at any time, and if it does I will go back and remove the one that causes the problem, check warnings and read up on what they mean, and all that.

26 minutes ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

">>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<"
idk why it is saying this, I have full legal steam copy, maybe it is because I blocked updates when AE came out and left it locked and the structure looks odd to fnis?

nope, you have it for the reason it tells you, you need to run skyrim once with steam launcher but do it offline so it doesn't update. Most of us SE user are either offline 24/7 when we run the game or did other things to the game so it doesn't update. FNIS doesn't care, it only cares for you do run it once with steam so it knows you didn't sail the seven seas.

3 hours ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

I use the limit fix but still had saves ctd when I loaded them even on a new game, this only went away when I removed the anim packs and re ran fnis, so I guessed anim limit was the problem, but maybe it was a bad anim or something and not a limit problem after all.

Or maybe you have not got ALCF set up correctly. It's been around for two years and I have yet to see anyone report a problem with it, LE or SE. The FNIS screenshot you posted shows an 82% chance of CTD yet your are saying (?) that you get a CTD every time.

2 hours ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

idk why it is saying this

If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<

Always assume user error.