SexLab Framework Development

Great update, mouth and SoS both seems to work fine. Only problem i have encountered is that female dont seems to use strapon anymore in male's context.

I did not install additional strapon, only using the default one.

Like Crate said the cum effect isnt showing for me either.

Great update, mouth and SoS both seems to work fine. Only problem i have encountered is that female dont seems to use strapon anymore in male's context.

Glad it isnt just me with the cum effects.

Are you getting the open mouth during oral sex or do you just mean open mouth during the moans?

I get the open mouth during moans alright but not the other bit.

Are you getting the open mouth during oral sex or do you just mean open mouth during the moans?

Mouth is opening during oral for me.

Gaah Im bugged then.

Do you get an option somewhere to turn this on and off ?

Gaah Im bugged then.

Do you get an option somewhere to turn this on and off ?

Try clearing your animation registry so the new open mouth settings (and alignments) in the animations take effect.

Everything works great, but a couple of things it seems the old problem

1.after having sex is done  my game crashes when trying to save,

2.. i am unable to control my character after the deed(i have to enableplayercontrols in the console to regain the ability.)

2.. i am unable to control my character after the deed(i have to enableplayercontrols in the console to regain the ability.)

Both are related to having TFC enabled during the ending sequence. You need to disable TFC before the sed ends.

Testing with latest ver of matchmaker and random sex, and I can no longer proc more than one "scene" at once (i.e., threesomes work). Trying to initiate another scene while one is running not only results in nothing happening between the actors, but actually appears to break the MCM menu for all mods when trying to manually stop the animations. also, NPC on NPC don't seem to be progressing automatically. I have auto-progression disabled for player.

Tested this on a fresh game. I rolled back to the release version of sexlab with my current mod setup which is light on conflicts to begin with (SOS and FNIS are the only ones that should even touch sexlab) and the problems disappear, so I'm pretty sure it's the dev build or something to do with it that's causing this.

Both are related to having TFC enabled during the ending sequence. You need to disable TFC before the sed ends.

Thanks, for the quick reply will try it out.

Unfortunately clearing the animation registry didnt do anything.

I have tried completely uninstalling sexlab+mods and waiting a day and then reinstalling it and still the oral sex doesnt work properly.

I have a question though, I usually archive my sexlab development files so I can install and uninstall it through NMM, could this be an issue ?

Testing with latest ver of matchmaker and random sex, and I can no longer proc more than one "scene" at once (i.e., threesomes work). Trying to initiate another scene while one is running not only results in nothing happening between the actors, but actually appears to break the MCM menu for all mods when trying to manually stop the animations. also, NPC on NPC don't seem to be progressing automatically. I have auto-progression disabled for player.

Tested this on a fresh game. I rolled back to the release version of sexlab with my current mod setup which is light on conflicts to begin with (SOS and FNIS are the only ones that should even touch sexlab) and the problems disappear, so I'm pretty sure it's the dev build or something to do with it that's causing this.

Confirmed, same is happening for me. Not sure when this bug cropped up. I'll fix it asap.

If somebody familiar enough with Git, or able to figure it out on their own and wants to help; roll back 1 commit at a time on the development branch, start a new game in Skyrim with the rolled back build, try and start 2 scenes at once, rinse and repeat until you find the commit where last it worked.

Would be much appreciated and save me a lot of time debugging it, and time is short for me right now between work and sexlab 1.1's planned release date. 

Unfortunately clearing the animation registry didnt do anything.

I have tried completely uninstalling sexlab+mods and waiting a day and then reinstalling it and still the oral sex doesnt work properly.

I appear to be getting it on a new game as well, most likely a recent bug. I'll look into it after I figure out the 1 scene at a time bug.

I have a question though, I usually archive my sexlab development files so I can install and uninstall it through NMM, could this be an issue ?

Doubtful, shouldn't matter.

Apparently not many folks did read my post in the FNIS Modder thread. So I inform you here.

I'm working on FNIS Creature animations. And I have a dog running custom animations. There seem to be no basic problems. So now I need to generalize this hack and put it into the generator. But since the different creature behaviors seem to be very similar (except for a consequent file name policy), I could have a first version in 2 weeks. Ok, make it 4, since I never keep my estimates.  :D

What I try is the same functionality and AnimationList syntax as for characters where possible. Basic animations (cyclic and acyclic), and sequenced animation.

What will not work, because the base structure simply does not exist in vanilla:

1. AnimObjects
  2. Furnitures
  3. Offsets

Headtracking is different, and I don't know yet if/how I can integrate that.

But although things are all similar, doesn't mean there is no effort for each and every creature. So I will start with only a few (dog, troll, chaurus, goat, dragon).

So will there be ANYONE working on creature animations very soon? Which creature will be required then?

Funny thing regarding my issue with open mouths during oral sex.

If I do a 69 between my female character and a male npc, the npc will have an open mouth while performing oral on my character but my character has closed mouth when its her turn to return the favor.

I also get no open mouth on the PC while oral sex, clearing animations registry didnt help.

Whats more bugged that i can control the NPC flawless with the Hotkeys but when i change the actor to control the PC, the PC only bumps a litte bit up but nothing else happens.

Okay, so I appear to have gone off the deep end.

I went to fix multiple scenes and open mouth bug last night; when something came over me and I said "fuck it" and instead of fixing it opted to burn it to the ground and completely rewrite the whole animation system.

13 hours of straight scripting later and I'm mostly done with that. The new system is much cleaner, and more robust. I haven't tested it extensively yet though, and it's still missing a couple important features from the old one. I'm likely not going to make the target release of July 8th for 1.1 as a result, but I think it'll be worth it as everything should be much more stable and reliable.

The new system works like so:

starting a new animation with 2 actors and all default settings:

sslThreadModel Make = SexLab.NewThread()
Make.AddActor(PlayerRef)
Make.AddActor(akTarget)
sslThreadController Thread = Make.StartThread()

And here's a more complex one where it choses specific voices for the actors to use, sets the player as victim, opens with an oral animation, works the same way as the new foreplay stage, but lets you pick what animations to use instead of just foreplay ones, after the oral animation ends it moves onto the list of aggressive animations selected, and then sets the animation to do 5 seconds longer as the stages advance, capping at 15 seconds per stage.

; // Claims an animation slot and returns the thread model creator to you
sslThreadModel Make = SexLab.NewThread()

; // Add actors to your animation with specific voices and victim
Make.AddActor(PlayerRef, voice = SexLab.GetVoiceByTag("Weak")), victim = true)
Make.AddActor(akTarget, voice = SexLab.GetVoiceByTag("Loud"))

; // Use aggressive animations
Make.SetAnimations(SexLab.GetAnimationsByType(2, aggressive = true))

; // Open with a oral animation before doing the normal aggressive ones selected above
Make.SetLeadAnimations(SexLab.GetAnimationByName("Arrok Blowjob"))

; // Set specific stage timers
float stageTimer = new float[3]
stageTimer[0] = 5
stageTimer[1] = 10
stageTimer[2] = 15
Make.SetStageTimers(stageTimer)

; // Start the animation using our settings
sslThreadController Thread = Make.StartThread()

That's just a couple of the options when setting up an animation.

StartSex() will remain as it is, but will be adapted to simply be a "shortcut" to using this new system, while the new system is in place for modders who want to set up more controlled scenarios.

I noticed the dev build is already much much faster than release when it comes to switching animations, so even faster would be awesome.

I'm not sure if this was intended but ending stage is getting treated as any of the other stages in terms fo auto-progression options, i.e., dude will keep coming until space bar as opposed to using the timer. hope this stays in.

one big area for improvement maybe outside the scope of this release would be to square away the alignment issues that always trigger when there is clutter or uneven terrain nearby. as it stands the only way to ensure the actors are actually where the script wants them when the animation starts is to be in a flat room with lots of space and make sure no actors are interacting with furniture like sitting or sleeping.

I've not delved into papyrus much but I know that scripts like spawn increasers perform raytracing checks to ensure that objects are spawning collision-free. one idea would be to use a invisible "stage" object that's just a box but one whose dimensions are standardized so that all the animations can fit within or on top of it. use said object to do a collision check and then spawn it in with physics to act as a stage for the actors. if such a stage object successfully spawns and the actors are positioned with reference to that, it'll at least guarantee that the scene won't start with collisions.

I noticed the dev build is already much much faster than release when it comes to switching animations, so even faster would be awesome.

The current dev build is definitely faster when it comes to starting and switching animations. However I just finished my first full test using the rewritten animation system, and goddamn; as fast as the current dev build is, this new dev build is damn near instant. It's not on Git yet, as it's still rough in spots, namely in the hotkeys area, but hoping to push it tonight so I can get some beta feedback on the change before release.

I'm not sure if this was intended but ending stage is getting treated as any of the other stages in terms fo auto-progression options, i.e., dude will keep coming until space bar as opposed to using the timer. hope this stays in.

It's semi-intentional; it was disabled as a byproduct of some optimizations. I've been debating enabling that functionality again or not, but will probably leave it that way and let people hotkey through it like a normal stage.

one big area for improvement maybe outside the scope of this release would be to square away the alignment issues that always trigger when there is clutter or uneven terrain nearby. as it stands the only way to ensure the actors are actually where the script wants them when the animation starts is to be in a flat room with lots of space and make sure no actors are interacting with furniture like sitting or sleeping.

I've not delved into papyrus much but I know that scripts like spawn increasers perform raytracing checks to ensure that objects are spawning collision-free. one idea would be to use a invisible "stage" object that's just a box but one whose dimensions are standardized so that all the animations can fit within or on top of it. use said object to do a collision check and then spawn it in with physics to act as a stage for the actors. if such a stage object successfully spawns and the actors are positioned with reference to that, it'll at least guarantee that the scene won't start with collisions.

In it's current state and method of positioning, there's not much I can do about it, atleast not easily. Spawning an invisible stage is an interesting idea, though I have no knowledge of how that aspect of things work and would have to research it. Either way though I'm sure it would require rewriting major parts of the Framework, so would need to wait for later updates, as I'm already busy rewriting 50% of the mod in a 2 day time span.

New development build uploaded

This new development build may not work on existing saves right now, I have not test it and I haven't implemented upgrade code yet. Running Clean System from MCM should in theory allow you to run the development build on existing saves however.

Completed:

• Near complete rewrite of the the entire animation handling portion of the framework
  •  Deprecated all functions that return a sslBaseThread, functions will be removed completely in v1.2
    • Mods using these functions will cause large deprecation error's in trace log to notify modder of deprecated function use
    • sslThreadController equivalents have been added to replace the deprecated sslBaseThread variants
    • I HAVE NOT implemented the backwards compatibility for the deprecated functions yet
    • Mods using these functions will not work until I implement this backwards compatibility
    • I know of no mods that use these functions

Up next:

• Backwards compatibility to allow the deprecated functions to continue working until v1.2